1265 South Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewinewood.com/
- Phone: 8174210200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:11am-4pm Monday - Saturday
Dinner: 5pm-10pm Monday-Thursday
5pm-11pm Friday & Saturday
Sunday Brunch 11am-4pm with live Jazz
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Limited Catering Available.
- Private Party Facilities: Three adjoining private rooms are available with state of the art audio visual for presentation. Total seating capacity is set for 60 guests. Our Private rooms can accommodate up to 20 guests per room. Room fees and food and beverage minimums apply.
We also have a control covered Patio that can seat up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Washington 8174210200
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday from 7-10 live no vocal light Jazz music.
Every Sunday Live Jazz from 12 -3pm
- Special Events: We have a variety of private dining spaces available for your special events. Our Director of Sales and Private Events, Kristin Washington, will be happy to assist you in planning your next big event.
A word from Winewood
At Winewood, we believe the difference is in the details. From our casual yet elegant atmosphere to our made from scratch recipes featuring the finest, freshest ingredients, each detail is truly inspired. Our innovative taste profiles begin at the bar, with crafted cocktails and wine selections designed to complement our cuisine, and continue into our open kitchen, where the Winewood culinary team has brought a creative new flair to contemporary American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Winewood - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Winewood reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)good for groups (78)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (68)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (47)great for brunch (46)great for lunch (43)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (23)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (7)Show More
- consistentkdbensonVIPDined on 5/18/2014Service was great. Cocktails are good with a nice selection of different types of drinks. Seafood is always prepared well and is always good. This is one of our "go to" restaurants. Would recommend and will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2014Winewood is always a favorite place to dine for us! Sunday brunch is always great...we love to dine here for whatever the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmanVIPDined on 5/18/2014Always a dependable and enjoyable spot for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentkdbensonVIPDined on 5/17/2014Always enjoy the food because no matter what you order, it's prepared well and fish is never overcooked. Service is always great and love that the bar will adjust and make different drinks that aren't on the menu. (although, I would've ordered a Moscow Mule but they don't have copper mugs....that's a must in my book!! Really keeps the drink super cold. Need to invest in just a few since a lot of people probably don't drink them at the same time... just saying....) This is one of our "go to" restaurants!Special Features:
- For the cooksDFWSGJDined on 5/16/2014Bar makes good drinks and the fried calamari was good, but your $22 three oz pork chop is dry as shoe leather.Special Features:
- Great find in GrapevineJohnnyGDined on 5/14/2014Really enjoyed dinner with clients. Had never been to Winewood before, but will definitely go back. Pleasant embiance, quiet, with great service.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2014Have tried many dishes and have not been disappointed. Can get loud at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkersDined on 5/11/2014It was a very nice and relaxing Mother's Day Brunch. The food was very good and tasteful. I recommend it for Brunch and large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchSteveADined on 5/11/2014Good location and atmosphere for a relaxing Sunday brunch. Service was a little slow, but expect that to be the result of a large Mothers' Day Crowd. Live jazz was nice, but couldn't be heard in patio area. Food was all well prepared. Overall, what we got for the price was a nice experience.Special Features:
- Great jazz brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Winewood has become our favorite Sunday brunch spot. It's a simple brunch menu (lunch also available), but in our two visits, the entrees have been quite good and not typical fare or typically prepared. Love the bottomless mimosa. On our first visit, we tested the Winewood's resolve on "bottomless" and our server never flinched. Another time, we may just drink coffee because it's been outstanding -- flavorful and hot. Beyond the food, the restaurant is beautiful and we've loved the jazz. Brunch prices also are very reasonable so you feel like you can treat yourself on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DisasterAubriVIPDined on 5/11/2014We go to Winewood for brunch often, but today was a terrible experience. First off, we arrived at 11am and the band was so loud already we couldn't talk. Our server, Adrian, was very attentive and offered great service. There were 5 of us and my daughters ordered a basic breakfast combo plate with eggs over easy. The manager came to our table 4 separate times to let me know that the chef would not prepare eggs over easy since they had prepared over 300 poached and scrambled eggs already and due to volume my request would not be honored. Seriously? For eggs over easy? And 300 prepped poached eggs...disgusting! Don't tell customers that! I ordered the chicken fried chicken which was not appetizing. The only good point was the mimosaSpecial Features:
- Do not go after 9:30MaggieDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant is good, this the second time I go. The first time was at an earlier time. Because one of the parties (party of 5 total) was coming from out of town at 9:00 pm I made the reservation to celebrate Mothers Day at 9:30 pm. We waited a while for the waitress, a long time for the food, since it was late while we were eating they were sweeping and cleaning the restaurant!! They could not wait for us to get out of there. No dessert menu offered. My salmon was over cooked. Seriously I will think twice to come to this reataurant again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent service and was greeted very professionally. Food was outstanding and the waitess was awesome. Perfect place to celebrate anything. Awesome night of dinning..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mother's Day!WinewoodfanDined on 5/10/2014Booked for a party of 11 and we were given a private room (on busy times there is a fee for private room) Robert was our server and completely attentive but not too pushy. Timing on everything was perfect. Nate "the great" greeted us at the front door bar and he is amazing! Remembers us from a previous visit and checked in with is periodically throughout the night. The food at Winewood is excellent! Started with bruschetta, calamari and ahi appetizers and all three were unique and delicious. From lamb chops to scallops and rib eye, blackened snapper to sinfully mouth satisfying dessert all was PERFECTO!! We will Definitly be back! (In the private room you did not even know there was anyone else in the restraunt - it was quiet and private)Special Features:
- Great foodChefBakerDined on 5/9/2014This was the second time we have been to winewood and will be back many more times. Everything was great and food is made from scratch. Freshness and quality of products, far exceeded the area surrounding this gem of a resturant. I would recommend this resturant to anyone wanting great food great service at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- ServiceJjnenaccs01Dined on 5/8/2014The service was outstanding I went we my staff and it was a great experience the waiter was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPeterDined on 5/8/2014I had eaten at Winewood for lunch a few times and had always had a very good meal and good service so I suggested to my wife we go there for our 32 anniversary dinner. At the last moment an old frfiend from out of town advised he wasd in town on business and he joined us. The food was excellent, I had the scallop special and it was delicious. We enjoyed a very nice New Zealand Sauvignan Blanc, good service and had a very nice evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Portions were too small for the price there charging.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTChefBakerDined on 5/3/2014Go you have no idea of what your missing in this area till you have tried this place. Service is great, Food is Great, and everything is made to order not premade. Quality of the food is unmatched by any other restaurant in the area I have been too.Special Features:
- "Go to" place anytime with anyone.txstuffVIPDined on 4/26/2014This is our "go to" place. great selection both food and beverages. Don't miss out on the tenderloin bruschetta to start!Special Features:
- MehTiffDined on 4/25/2014My parents came in from Phoenix for the weekend and this place had rave reviews. Took them here and maybe the reviews hyped it up too much, as I was underwhelmed. Yes the ambiance is beautiful inside but that's where it stopped for our group. The food was good, but rather pricey for what you get. My friend had some type of shrimp linguine pasta and could hardly eat it due to an awful taste the shrimp had (she's never picky). I had the seabass, to which my family was quite pleased with when they tasted. The wine seemed also seemed a bit over-priced, the service seemed rather disingenuous. A group of ~20 bachelorrette party gals came in were obnoxious making it hard to hear. Overall: Disconnect between price, food and experience.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration DinnerNotcooking2niteDined on 4/25/2014We attended with a group of 8 for dinner. Reservations were made, we were escorted to our table immediately, I always appreciate when a reservation actually works. Service was great, a number of us had steaks that were outstanding. The "pre" dinner options are good, but not very imaginative. The last time we were there, the chef was trying some things for a new menu that were great, hopefully they update the menu with those things soon. The entrees, however, are a good mix of chicken, steak, and fish. This was great for a group! They also brought a nice small treat for the birthday girl, making our celebration special without embarrassing anyone. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive+AustinDined on 4/25/2014This is a type of restaurant that would appeal to an individual or group that enjoys a fine quality of food with the outrageous price. There is no real theme to the food, which is great if you want a great cross section of food choices and a wine list without the outrageous prices. I would recommend it to anyone, as we frequent this establishment quite often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was "tasty!"callen510VIPDined on 4/23/2014Took a group of 7 - it was great. don't miss the bruschetta. LOVED thier twist on it - steak and balsamic - yum The waiter offered to make an appetizer plate for us which was great! Don't miss the new fashion old fashion. I had the blackeyed lemon drop. For dinner,I had lamb - it was 6 chops!! At least two got the surf and turf and liked it. The waiter was very knowlegeable and attentive, a little strong on the upselling, and in his descriptions of everything used the word "Tasty!" Is was funny and charming although we didn't choose the 300 big bottle of wine he recommended. After, we went outside to finish our wine on their great patio, he came out to check on us again. Great job and great food. I would go back.Special Features:
- Great spot!Luv2dinewithwineDined on 4/20/2014Went here for Easter brunch and everyone loved what they ordered. Great service, and the patio is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu :(OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Well, my only issue was that my favorite item on the menu was removed for Easter Brunch. I love a salad with Chicken on it. No such thing on the menu. I normally get the Cobb. There were other salads, but not with chicken. I opted for the Chicken Tenders...that came with fries. Too much fried stuff for me. The Chicken was awesome...just needed a salad to go with it. I always love the $1 Belinis. Thank you...we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinewoodRGintownDined on 4/18/2014As fine an upscale restaurant as you can find. General "find your own" parking is a problem, but valet service is excellent. If you won't go the valet, then you're better off finding a drive through burger joint somewhere. Pricey but nicey.Special Features:
- no hostess at the stand whensdelphVIPDined on 4/13/2014no hostess at the stand when I arrived. Sat at the bar for about 5 minutes until she came back. Bar was a mess and I was told they were short staffed that night but they weren't very busy. Waiter did a great job explaining the menu and seemed to be very knowledgeable. Snapper was OK but not worth $28.
- Great atmosphere / locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Neat place for groups and special occasions. The food is okay, but a bit on the pricey side for what you get. So overall, great atmosphere and location, and average food on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceshesheDined on 4/9/2014We went here as a group and had an outstanding experience. The menu allows a variety of choices so everyone can choose their favorite food. I recommend this resturant to my colleagues every time they are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Live Jazz music playing in the back ground, phenomenal service and great food makes this restaurant a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!4MsinTXDined on 4/5/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary, had a great time, great service, great food, great selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceTerriandMichelleDined on 4/5/2014Bottom line: The food is just not good. Bland, tasteless.
- Group dinnermjspDined on 4/4/2014Five of us ate here and the food was a please surprise, excellent quality and well prepared. The sea bass was really excellent and we all enjoyed the crab cakes as an appetizer. Wine goes from medium price way up - we were offered a bottle for $150! More than we tended. Overall, excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winewood was superbDelish2014Dined on 4/4/2014This was our first time visiting Winewood. Every aspect was incredible. Our reservation was for 6:45p so we went to the bar for happy hour until we would be seated. The lemon drops were delicious! Dinner was great and our waiter was very knowledgeable. Open table was great also. I was able to pick a time and it was honored when we arrived. No problems at all. I definitely recommend Winewood and open table. Thanks both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakJulesDined on 4/4/2014The bone-in filet was outstanding. We took a party of ten people from work and had a great time. The appetizers, entres and desserts were all delicious and the service was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first slipcdppadhDined on 3/30/2014We have many friends we take here for an extra anniversary dinner. This is first time the food quality was diminished. Salad was great. Tenderloin bruschetta wonderful. Wine was great. Service was phenomenal. However, the steaks this time were disappointing. Ribeyes and filet were not good. Not a good cut or something, lacking tenderness and flavor. The sauce on the ribeye and shrimp was off, compared to previous experience. In this price range, it was unacceptable. Even the famed mac and cheese seemed different. We've never experienced this here in a half dozen or so visits in the last 6 months, which is why we always come back. We'll still give it another chance, probably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Our waitor Adrian was on top of everything. Very knowledgable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid place but.....TT4747Dined on 3/24/2014Get educated...... Sea Bass dish was outstanding! Wow! They have a excellent wine list with some nice premium wines but....... You could also pay 60 dollars for a bottle of supermarket wine. Be careful, know what you are doing. Not every server knows wine as they should but from what I heard many really did.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant-Unique Menu ItemsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2014Overall it was a nice experience. Food got a bit delayed due to sudden surge of orders. Some dishes on the menu were rather unique like Eggs Benedict with crab instead of usual Canadian Bacon. I ordered it and was delicious. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.