1265 South Main Street
Grapevine, TX 76051Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewinewood.com/
- Phone: 8174210200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:11am-4pm Monday - Saturday
Dinner: 5pm-10pm Monday-Thursday
5pm-11pm Friday & Saturday
Sunday Brunch 11am-4pm with live Jazz
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Limited Catering Available.
- Private Party Facilities: Three adjoining private rooms are available with state of the art audio visual for presentation. Total seating capacity is set for 60 guests. Our Private rooms can accommodate up to 20 guests per room. Room fees and food and beverage minimums apply.
We also have a control covered Patio that can seat up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Kristin Washington 8174210200
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday from 7-10 live no vocal light Jazz music.
Every Sunday Live Jazz from 12 -3pm
- Special Events: We have a variety of private dining spaces available for your special events. Our Director of Sales and Private Events, Kristin Washington, will be happy to assist you in planning your next big event.
A word from Winewood
At Winewood, we believe the difference is in the details. From our casual yet elegant atmosphere to our made from scratch recipes featuring the finest, freshest ingredients, each detail is truly inspired. Our innovative taste profiles begin at the bar, with crafted cocktails and wine selections designed to complement our cuisine, and continue into our open kitchen, where the Winewood culinary team has brought a creative new flair to contemporary American fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Winewood - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Winewood reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)good for groups (79)fit for foodies (69)notable wine list (68)neighborhood gem (60)romantic (47)great for brunch (46)great for lunch (43)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (23)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (7)Show More
- On the downhill slide.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/18/2011I've been to Winewood several times. The first few times I was impressed with the food and service. The past couple of times it seems they are slipping -- like management doesn't care. The food is disappointing (I asked for bread and was presented with three little rolls that were still frozen in the center) the entrees were completely un-remarkable. The management walks around the place but might as well not be there at all. It's too bad, the place had potential. I'll stay away for six months and if the place is still open I'll give it another try.Special Features:
- My husbands steak was rare,SueReneDined on 12/18/2011My husbands steak was rare, and he requested medium rare. He asked for dinner rolls, he finally cancelled them when he was almost done with his steak. My sandwich was very fatty and not much flavor. Overall, disappointing.
- The food is always fresh,Top10VIPDined on 12/16/2011The food is always fresh, and the chef is always willing to make substitutions for picky eaters. I recommend the salmon, which is always grilled to perfection! The only suggestion I have is that the chef should consider expanding the menu to include a larger variety of entrees and appetizers.Special Features:
- We were celebrating a birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011We were celebrating a birthday. The food was delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 12/10/2011When I go to a new place, I don't expect everything to be perfect, but I do expect a heightened level of attention designed to make a great first impression. Winewood certainly does that. It's a beautiful restaurant, with attentive staff and a high level of energy. Sadly, the food doesn't measure up to the ambiance. My wife had a special--a skewer of steak and shrimp-- and I had the BBQ ribs. They were just OK. I don't like sweet barbecue sauce, and the sauce on these ribs was sweet, but not overwhelming. The Gouda Mac and Cheese was the hit of the night. The Bacon salad was almost tasteless. The steak and shrimp were fine, but the price was astronomical compared to the rest of the menu; mashed potatoes and broccoli were flSpecial Features:
- Great food, ok experienceJG01VIPDined on 12/10/2011Nice place, not super pricy. A little disappointed with the wine. Didn't like the sample and waiter didn't know much about it. Never gave me an opportunity to turn down the bottle. Food was excellent. I would go again but just for casual dining not for a special celebration.Special Features:
- we loved everything aboutfoodieVIPDined on 12/9/2011we loved everything about our experience at Winewood!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/8/2011Found this restaurant on opentable. Appears to be new? We aren't from this area. Great atmosphere. Food was awesome. Really enjoyed our dinner!Special Features:
- The freshness of the foodTop10VIPDined on 12/6/2011The freshness of the food and attention to detail from the chef shows-they are very accomodating-I have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Go for a glass of wine,not the foodbillpVIPDined on 12/5/2011Service was great, but the food was mediocre. They have a pretty good list of wines by the glass, so I would suggest that this is a good place to sit at the bar and unwind with a nice glass of wine. The menu indicated they had vegetarian and vegan options, we didn't try those, so perhaps those would be better. Although the cheese plate was completely uninspired - even after I stressed that I enjoy unique, funky cheeses. Worst of all... every single seafood choice was rated as NOT SUSTAINABLE by the Monterey Bay Aquarium.Special Features:
- First visit and it was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2011First visit and it was excellent, both the food and service.Special Features:
- The place has such potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/3/2011The place has such potential and is very nice inside. We were there for a dinner and my steak came out over cooked, so the staff was kind enough to correct it. They comped the steak and brought out a new one, but the new one was worse than the one before it. The place was dead for a Saturday night, but it was raining so that could have been a reason.Special Features:
- My wife had the Iron SkilletOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/3/2011My wife had the Iron Skillet Snapper, which was fantastic. I had the Grilled Cordon Bleu, which was okay. Kind of reminds me of Kenny's Woodfire Grill, just a little unpolished. Went on a Saturday night, very crowded and energetic. Waitress was very nice and timely. I will go back, but will stay away from the chicken.Special Features:
- My hamburger came out verychelseaVIPDined on 11/26/2011My hamburger came out very rare so I sent it back and it took forever. We had to ask at least 4 waiters about it and when they finally brought my husband was finished eating and we ask them what the problem was and they said they ran out of hamburgers! And the bun was very cold.
- Cold experienceJasonVIPDined on 11/26/2011Food taste was average; drinks were good; waiter was good. Unfortunately, all of our "hot" plates were cool or cold. We reported this to the waiter and he tried to get them warmer but only to fail again. I blame the kitchen and mgmt over the waiter. The manager came over (he looked inexperienced, under dressed, not the part) and didn't even try to fix the situation. Oh, and this was a "special" occasion only to have Winewood forget. I will not be returning and will second-guess any Bob's establishment ongoing
- wine - yes! Food - no!SylviaVIPDined on 11/22/2011The food was okay. 2 of us had Cheeseburgers, and the meat was extremely salty. The other 2 diners were not very impressed either. It's a cool looking restaurant, and they had a generous pour (I had a glass of wine), but the food was very disappointing. I would not likely go back.
- MimiLittleMomMimilittlemomDined on 11/19/2011Went to Winewood and brought friends. I was the first time for them and they were thrilled! We were seated along the side about mid point in the restaurant which was bustling and full of customers! This place has great ambiance! Not too dark,but dark enough to be intimate and cozy. Two of us had the Prime rib special which was cooked perfectly and very flavorful! The bourbon pork chop was cooked to perfection,a definite recommendation.f The highlight of the meal had to be the side veggie special....cooked squash. Sounds boring and you are probably thinking...what? I'll pass, right? Don't miss having this seasonal veggie choice. It was AMAZING! AMAZING! The server, Ryan, was attentive and did a great job! Have the pumpkin brulee...Special Features:
- The tenderloin bruschettaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011The tenderloin bruschetta was excellent. A must try.Special Features:
- Mediocre at best. Had theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2011Mediocre at best. Had the ribs and Gouda Mac. How can anyone manage to do macncheese wrong? It was so bland. Limited menu as far as entrees. Sandwich/ seafood was the majority of options. They didn't have a martini list either. Great layout though. Lots of booths and great outdoor area.
- We went for a girl friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011We went for a girl friend birthday party. The first thing you notice is the decor. It's modern, clean and inviting. Large windows bring in lots of light, making this a destination restaurant. Five us us all liked our food, and the wine the server suggested was excellent. A cosmopolitan haven in our area.Special Features:
- Bruchetta was really nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2011Bruchetta was really nice. And, main dish was awesome. My partner was loving how pretty it was. Rib was also very nice. And, as they tell you, vegis realllly fresh!. I would def pay a visit again.Special Features:
- Delicious DessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2011We had a group of nine people on a business trip, and Winewood was perfect for us. We had a private room near the kitchen, our server was awesome, and the fruit cobbler for desert was absolutely amazing! Great location if you are staying near DFW too.Special Features:
- The food is spectacular, fresh,Top10VIPDined on 11/4/2011The food is spectacular, fresh, and reasonably priced. The grilled salmon is the best and the chef is more than willing to make substitutions and adjustments to the menu.Special Features:
- SInce they are affiliatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2011SInce they are affiliated with Bob's, my wife and I chose the 8oz filet. The filet was not only great, but cooked as ordered. Smoked gouda mac and cheese was awesome too. Food was outstanding... -Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great find! The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2011Great find! The food was incredible, service was outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:
- The food was all very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/22/2011The food was all very tasty and well presented. The tenderloin bruschetta was delicious, the Scottish salmon perfectly cooked. The asparagus was a little too salty for my taste and the vegetable side was average. Since it was my birthday I took advantage of the complementary kitkat cake which was very rich and moist. The atmosphere and ambience were good and our server was pleasant and attentive. I would go back, though the menu is fairly limited so I doubt it will be revisited very often.
- Always Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2011I have been here three times now, for Drinks, for Lunch, and for Dinner. Great experience each time. Food is excellent, would recommend the brushetta & spinach dip appetizers; the gouda Mac & Cheese is a great side and I have not had a bad entree (either mine or my guests).Special Features:
- Being a new restaurant, weWineLoversDined on 10/20/2011Being a new restaurant, we have to assume things are going to get better. Though the service was friendly, it was a little too attentive. This was probably due to the small Thursday night crowd and our server not having anything else to do. The wine list was fair at best, though fairly priced. The weakest area was the food. The chicken cordon bleu had virtually no ham or cheese and the chicken was a bit dry. The dish came with mashed potatoes covered in cooked spinach. The spinach was so salty as to make it inedible. The ribs were also overly salted. To their credit they did offer up free dessert when we brought the salt problem to their attention. We will go back and try the sandwich menu at lunch to give them another chance.
- This was our 2nd visit. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/15/2011This was our 2nd visit. Not as good as our 1st, but will try again as it could have been an off night.Special Features:
- Our waiter Saturday nightswtdDined on 10/15/2011Our waiter Saturday night was wonderful. Friendly, funny and attentive. The food was very good and enjoyed it with an Argentina Malbec. The Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese is so yummy, you can't stop eating it! They also offer a special dessert for the birthday gal!Special Features:
- The tuna over wasabi mashOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011The tuna over wasabi mash was excellent. The seared tuna salad was OK, but didn't compare to the tuna over wasabi mash. We will definitely go back. The cobbler desert was awesome also.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/10/2011Absolutely fantastic restaurant. I would dine here again.Special Features: