6927 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33138Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michysmiami.com/
- Phone: 3057592001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Michelle Bernstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Group functions and private events are available.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey 3057592001
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Michy's
Michy's is the golden child restaurant created by husband and wife team David Martinez and Michelle Bernstein. This modern bistro located in the up and coming neighborhood of Miami’s “Upper East Side”, awakens the 69th block on gritty Biscayne Boulevard with its glowing lights and bustling energy. Chef Bernstein and her team utilize seasonal ingredients and draw upon local farmers and fisherman to create whimsical bistro dishes, a style she coins as “luxurious comfort food.” The menu is comprised of an eclectic range that includes Michelle’s Jewish-Argentinean background, classical French training and a love for all things Spain with a sprinkling of homey Italian. From Crispy Fried Poussin, to Ceviche, to Braised Short Ribs, there is literally a little something for everyone. The goal is to enjoy yourself, to enjoy every bite and to take your palate on a ride!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Michy's - Best Restaurants in MiMo ›
Michy's reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)special occasion (16)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best meal I ever had!SusanDined on 11/23/2013From beginning opening salad to delicious entree to decadent desserts, this dining experience was the best! I highly recommend it for anyone who has discerning taste and is looking for something different and yet comfortable.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong!InesVIPDined on 11/22/2013To find a last minute table at Michy's is almost impossible and the reason is simple - the food is consistently great. What I love even more about it is that they now have a full bar and mixologist ready to cook up some great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellent FoodFredDined on 11/22/2013I have to admit, I simply like Michelle Bernstein. I've met her a couple of times and I think the restaurant is an extension of her personality - warm and friendly but exacting with how things are run and the quality of the food. The food is consistently excellent. The waitstaff are personable and very accommodating and try to make your experience the best it can be. The restaurant is a little hard to find but well worth the effort. Parking is in the rear and limited unless you valet park. They have a full bar, an excellent wine list, and the menu changes to reflect what's fresh. It's not inexpensive but you feel you are getting your money's worth. This is one of the more pleasurable dining experiences in South Florida.Special Features:
- I had best experience beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2013I went to Michy's before few times and I have to say that I had better experience before. I am desapointed because they are missing some dishes, the service was far from good and I specified a nice table to have a good experience but they gave me a only a resonable table even the restaurant was empty....sorry about it !!Special Features:
- Lost charmEmilianoVIPDined on 11/10/2013The place looks tired and lack the vibe from before. The menu hasn't been changed in many years.
- Fabulous food in romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/5/2013Fabulous food in romantic & slightly funky ambiance. Outstsnding but very pricy wine list. Reasonably priced vins ordinaires would e a positive improvement to an otherwise outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinning ExperienceSandiVIPDined on 11/2/2013Wonderful dinning experience. Nice to have valet parking. The host was very gracious and once seated, we enjoyed excellent food with very attentive service. Great start with the ham croquettes which were crispy on the outside and creamy inside. The salmon was perfectly cooked and for the hearty eater, you must have the steak & frites. Great wine list and a bread puddin to die for! Highly recommend Michy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013The food and service was exceptional. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At 9pm they didn't have someOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2013At 9pm they didn't have some of the main dishes of the Menu. Something unusual for a restaurant at this level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodIAYanezVIPDined on 10/26/2013The food was really really good,I had the steak frites and my steak were cooked perfectly . The desserts were to die for. I ordered the pistachio cake and it was so delicious , my husband ordered the bread pudding and he loved it. We couldn't finished the desserts because the portions were too big. Definitely we are going to repeat the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High noise levelDavidBDined on 10/26/2013While the food is above average, the restaurant was crowded and very noisy. The servers were very busy as well, but this could be a result of dining during prime weekend hours. We did have to wait awhile to order, but the service picked up after that point. The staff reflects a high level of guest service awareness and are very friendly. The servers have obviously been trained well, as their placement of food and utensils was properly carried out on a consistent basis. The drawback with the restaurant is that the tables are very close together which makes it uncomfortable to have a conversation with the other guests at your table, along with a very high noise level.Special Features:
- Always love Michy's. The menumiamifoodieDined on 10/26/2013Always love Michy's. The menu is unique but not over the top with ingredients. The food was cooked perfectly. I took my teenage daughters for a culinary experience and they enjoyed every bite...particularly the warm bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatRaulVIPDined on 10/20/2013For years some of the best food in Miami. The white gazpacho spectacular, the bake alaska and bread pudding excellent also. The tuna tartare, steak and frites, salmon are some of the best in town.Special Features:
- Great "comfort" foodluv2dineDined on 10/19/2013We went all meat for our first visit and were not disappointed. The short ribs (their specialty) were divine and the steak frites was probably the best skirt steak I've ever had. Appetizers and main portions are moderately sized, the desserts were large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No surprisesLpstkbizdinerVIPDined on 10/12/2013We are fans of Michele Bernstein and chose Michy's for our anniversary dinner. We ate appetizers as small plates dinner as we thought them to be more interesting. There seemed to be a lot of pasta on the main course selections. Though everything was fairly well executed we were not bowled over by the experience. At those prices it should be amazing. We understand both the venue and the menu will be redone and not a moment too soon.Special Features:
- Diner at MichysFlfoodyDined on 10/11/2013My wife and I had the 3 course chefs tasting. It was excellent The fois gras on a bed of braised oxtail was outstanding. The hand cut fettuccini carbonara was superb. We will defiantly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our overall experience atDrewDined on 10/10/2013Our overall experience at Michy's was fantastic. I like the way that those taking the reservations take and add notes to the reservation itself. This way the servers can be more attentive to the needs of the table. This makes birthdays and anniversaries much nicer. It also doesn't hurt to have a secret weapon like Kelly! She was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshMelMedDined on 10/8/2013I often go to this restaurant and the food freshness has been bar none. Feel free to over do it with the sea food because it is fresh! The good is always amazing and sits well in your stomach even if you over indulge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "One of the favorites!"luv2findedineDined on 10/8/2013Well what can I say about this restaurant, always changing it up, wine and food menu! Was my fiance and I first date there, I had been there several times before that, but since her and I went together, has been one of our favorite restaurants that we have eaten at! Recommend to anyone for any kind of occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have done it again - Wow!SteveZDined on 10/5/2013My girlfriend and I went to Michy's for our birthdays (one week apart), and it exceeded expectations in any way. Although pricier than your typical meal, the food is amazing, and fantastic service. Even with food allergies, they were able to provide us with a wonderful experience from start to finish.Special Features:
- comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2013Few alternatives for anything resembling healthy eating. We both left feeling stuffed. Had pasta dish that could have been prepared with far fewer calories without compromising taste much. Wines slightly overpriced. Great service perhaps in part because there were essentially no other guests.
- Michys Miami Must!MiamifoodloverDined on 9/28/2013Had a great experience at the restaurant. Great food, great fun, and great ambiance! A must in Miami!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love LOVE!ArispaxDined on 9/28/2013My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary at Michy's and really couldn't be happier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentPoorDined on 9/28/2013I was extremely disappointment with the the food. This is my third and last time at Michy's. We had the Spice Menu which offered the skirt steak. We ordered the steak to be medium cooked instead we got steaks that were so well cooked that they were hard as leather. The took them back , but they were still well cooked and hard as leather. We also, ordered the sweet bread which were greasy and had no taste. The one thing that we really good was the wine, other than that the experience was poor. Now I see why Sra Martinez closed its door.
- One of best restaurant I haveremdogVIPDined on 9/26/2013One of best restaurant I have ever been to. we gone 4times and it gets better all the timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceGoodVIPDined on 9/22/2013We went to Michy's for a brunch so unfortunately didn't have a chance to eat too much... :) It was very good over all, my favourite was an appetizer of fried zucchini blossoms - they were awesome!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!SoFrustratedDined on 9/20/2013We make the drive from Fort Lauderdale about once a year and we are never disappointed. What a place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and cozyspiderman64Dined on 9/20/2013We had a delighted time, waitress was very nice recommended, a few dishes also was very attentive ,and the entire atmosphere was very nice quite and it make you feel having a private dinner with youre partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food with lots ofnodropshotsDined on 9/13/2013Delicious food with lots of unusual, creative offerings. Liked that they had 2 sizes of each appetizer - diners with a small appetite could easily enjoy a full-size one for their dinner, as my wife frequently does. Was a little pricey, but would definitely return there for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulderamiDined on 9/13/2013We so enjoyed our Dinner at the restaurant and are very glad we stopped by despite the location. Good for the owners for their bravery, although they are old hats in the business and surely know what they are doing and what their name(s) can pull. Thanks again, will be back and have already recommended further!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michy's Extremly Disappointing MenuWisdomDined on 9/12/2013Extremely Disappointing Evening of Food. After looking at the menu, we noticed it lacked depth without any dishes with spice or lots of flavor. Not one of the specialty items that have been written up about such as Korean spiced Sweet breads or Yellow tail snapper in Malaysian curry was featured that evening. The sous chefs inability to execute a menu with depth reflected in her boring menu of the night. Even the wine list did not offer any exciting Grand Cru Burgundy's or first growth Bordeaux's or any California Cult Wines. This was not the Michelle Bernstein food that we were used to from the days at Azul at The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami where she personally cooked or at The Omphoy where the food was superb under Sous chef Lindsay.Special Features:
- Great food and great MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/7/2013Great food and great Miami spice menu! Relaxed, comfortable atmosphere and not too noisy. Better indoor dining than outdoor. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JessieB23Dined on 9/6/2013Simple and not complicated food. Great ambiance and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/1/2013Found Michys on Chefs Feed and it was one of the best overall dinning experiences I've had in Miami. The wi e list was excellent and the Squash Blossom appetizer was to die for. Would definitely go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Run out of food!Nelson765Dined on 9/1/2013Most of the items in the menu were not available. From the get go, the waiter told us that several items in the menu were not available. Then after we place our orders, he came back to tell one person in our group that his appetizer was not available, then he came back to inform us that another appetizer that we order just ran out! Then, after about half hour, the manager came to our table to inform us that my entree was not available! Later the waiter told us that the manager was buying us a round of drinks for the inconvenience, this was a nice gesture. The food was good but the portions were extremely small, we had opt for the "Miami Spice" menu and expected smaller size meals but these where ridiculously small, about appetizer size. WTFSpecial Features:
- Always consistently great foodOmakaseloverVIPDined on 9/1/2013Michy's will always be one of my top 5 restaurants in Miami. Everything was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/1/2013Consistently excellent , the brunch is a happy addition the food was delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchmiamistaDined on 9/1/2013My friend and I decided on Michy's for our joint brithday brunch after reading several excellent reviews. I ordered the chicken & waffles and my friend had Fettuccine carbonara. Both were fantastic! So good in fact, that I ordered the Fettuccine carbonara for pick-up later on that same night for dinner!! I was a little shocked that the portion was the same as brunch BUT the price was 10$ more? $33.00 is pricey for a small pasta dish. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it all the same. At brunch, we both ordered bloody marys and shown the "make your own" bar. The option to have it made by bartender would have been nice because I am not a mixologist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michy's is always been a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2013Michy's is always been a great place. Whenever we are in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale area, we always visit Michy's. best food ever whether you are a vegetarian or not. Loved the bread pudding, our family favorite that we ordered back to back to satisfy our urge to have the best ever bread pudding.! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great meal!JenBDined on 8/31/2013What an amazing meal! I had the daily special as an appetizer, beef cheek ravioli with a green pea purée, it was delicious! As my main course, I had the chicken roulade, stuffed with chicken sausage with potatoes and brussel sprouts, divine! For dessert, I had Michy's bread pudding, unbelievably good! Wait staff was attentive but not pushy. Overall, a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.