6927 Biscayne Blvd.
Miami, FL 33138Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michysmiami.com/
- Phone: 3057592001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Michelle Bernstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Group functions and private events are available.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey 3057592001
- Special Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Michy's
Michy's is the golden child restaurant created by husband and wife team David Martinez and Michelle Bernstein. This modern bistro located in the up and coming neighborhood of Miami’s “Upper East Side”, awakens the 69th block on gritty Biscayne Boulevard with its glowing lights and bustling energy. Chef Bernstein and her team utilize seasonal ingredients and draw upon local farmers and fisherman to create whimsical bistro dishes, a style she coins as “luxurious comfort food.” The menu is comprised of an eclectic range that includes Michelle’s Jewish-Argentinean background, classical French training and a love for all things Spain with a sprinkling of homey Italian. From Crispy Fried Poussin, to Ceviche, to Braised Short Ribs, there is literally a little something for everyone. The goal is to enjoy yourself, to enjoy every bite and to take your palate on a ride!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Michy's - Best Restaurants in MiMo ›
Michy's reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)special occasion (20)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good food but far from our best meaJessVIPDined on 2/22/2014Like the title implies, food was good but not great. Lots of better dining options. This was actually our weakest meal. I've eaten at MB before and preferred that to Michy'sSpecial Features:
- The food was amazing! My onlysupernovamomDined on 2/22/2014The food was amazing! My only complain would we the wine list. The menu was printed off and was reading blurry. There was a huge bottle list and was overwhelming to look at the way it was laid out. I am in the wine industry and love labels so that was a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michy's lives up to reputationOlinecVIPDined on 2/21/2014Michelle Bernstein's flagship restaurant lives up to its reputation of excellence. Service was impeccable, from the bartender who gave us two small tastings of wine so we could choose to the waiter who was just wonderful. Food is impeccable. We shared two appetizers and two entrees and each was perfect. Appetizers were Jamon Serrano & Blue Cheese Croquetas and Duck Confit. Entees were Tiny Diced Seafood Spaghettini and Salt Crusted Yellowtail Snapper. Perfect.Special Features:
- Michelle Bernstein's MishyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Michelle Bernstein has a hot on her hands with her eclectic menu and outstanding staff. From the moment you walk through the door you are captured by the vibe and outstanding service. Your appetizers andentrees are creative and tasty She has captured a NY essesence with a Miami tasteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best oxtail everGabiDined on 2/21/2014best oxtail with the foie gras. And the dense nutella cake is an absolute must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good againLikinthefoodDined on 2/20/2014Most everything that I have eaten there has been very good, but I will always go back for the polenta - make mine a full order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCarlDined on 2/19/2014Hade a great time. Food was good, service was good. Overall very happy and will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and FoodmidoparisDined on 2/15/2014The service was excellent, from servers to food runners, everyone was knowledgeable, professional and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Amazing Food, ServicebekrierVIPDined on 2/15/2014We greatly enjoyed our dinner at Michy's. Great service. Wonderful food. Nice wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the four course tastingLyndyDined on 2/15/2014We had the four course tasting menu and it was excellent. It was delicious, the chef selected our courses and we had seared foie gras, ceviche, fall off the bone tender ribs, tuna tartare, fresh burrata and roasted beet salad, and this amazing Florida bass with tomatoes and garlic. For dessert it was bread pudding and a deep fried apple tart. I strongly suggest you try the tasting menu you get the most bang for your buck,Special Features:
- Outstanding in every sensefrankymvDined on 2/14/2014Was our first time here and we had heard great things. The service is incredible and th food is superb. Everything on the menu is outstanding. Try the squash pasta, steak frites, tuna tartare app, croquette app, and bread pudding for dessert. Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening! We are repeatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2014Great evening! We are repeat guest because of the food. Service was excellent as well, but the food is the STAR! We brought out of town guest for their first time. They are from Chicago and know the food business and they were very impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable to dine atstefanoalristoranteDined on 2/13/2014Always enjoyable to dine at Michy's, with its interesting and well-prepared menu, its well-chosen wine selections; in short, a wonderful dining experience in a city (Miami) where fine dining experiences are, indeed, rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Having eaten at many of the best restaurant s in Miami. Michys is at the top if not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJcgirlVIPDined on 2/8/2014It's no surprise Michelle is a celebrity chef. Cozy atmosphere and food was outstanding. We had their popular Croquettes that were brilliantly paired with fig marmalade. Every bite of the savory Short Ribs melted in my mouth, and the Panna Cotta with watermelon juice was genius. WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami's best kept secretLNluvgdfoodDined on 2/7/2014An amazing restaurant.. Everything from service to food is just outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a very pleasant and unforgettable dinning experience.Special Features:
- MitchysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2014Excellent food. I had a steak that was tasty and tender and cooked the right temp. Service was very good. The restaurant was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurantlovethisplaceDined on 1/21/2014Everything we had was really good. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who wants great food. You definitely get your money's worth here! My family and I had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Perfect as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/17/2014We chose the tasting menu and were beyond pleased. Miami is so fortunate to have Michelle Bernstein.Special Features:
- Got a recommendation to thisReviewerAVIPDined on 1/17/2014Got a recommendation to this hot spot from a friend. I'm not from Miami but it seems to be in the middle of no-where. Worth the drive though. The food was amazing. Would highly recommend doing the tasting menu which allows you to try almost everything from the menu!Special Features:
- One of best restaurants in MiamiLuv2eatDined on 1/17/2014Always a very warm welcome. Great service and the food exceptional! Great For its tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michy's defies descriptionJohnVIPDined on 1/11/2014We dined at Michy's for the first time a few nights ago. Without question, the food tasted very good. Except for the appetizer, the portion sizeswere fine. For $20 one would expect to have more than a couple spoonfulls of tuna tartare as a starter. The rest of the courses were of good size and priced within reason. Nevertheless, there were things about the experience that left us both uncomfortable. The host was a bit creepy. The tables were too close to each other and the long banquette that went the length of the restaurant offered no privacy at all. Unless you want to hear everything your neighbor is saying, ask for a table. The decor reminded me of a modern doctor's waiting room. Good food but very strained ambiance.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014We have eaten at Michys several times and the food has always been fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baked AlaskaAndroVIPDined on 1/10/2014The selection of food was great. Having the option of half size appetizers is a good idea. The food was delicious, the service was awesome and the baked Alaska was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Sad ExperienceRJH111Dined on 1/9/2014I've followed Michelle Bernstein since the beginning of her career,I've eaten at Michy's several times before this visit. The place had the appearance and ambience of a restaurant abandoned by the chef. The food was not of the standard one expects at this price point,based on this evening I fear the worst for this restaurant,I'm sorry to send this report, I also felt I got very poor value for money.
- This is a destination restaurantmiamifoodieVIPDined on 1/3/2014This is a destination restaurant for the food...every item was outstanding! Duck confit, seared foie gras, creamy polenta, croquetas, beef with marrow, yellowtail. My children devoured the steak frites and baked Alaska dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve at Michy was...LovesgoodfoodVIPDined on 12/31/2013really a fun experience and the food was excellant as always. VERY fresh tuna tartare and an inventive and delious salad.Special Features:
- Awsome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013It was my first visit at Michy's, and certainly it became my favorite restaurant... a place where you can find a perfect match of good environment + tasty food + gentle service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what it used to be...anthonycDined on 12/26/2013We have been going to Michys since it's opening. The food was simply terrible on this visit. First and foremost, poorly conceived! Cod smothered in a rich mushroom sauce that was oversalted to top it off. My wife's seafood spagatelli was void of seafood and smothered again in a sauce I could not identify. We are not going back.
- great food; would have preferredMaiaDined on 12/26/2013great food; would have preferred to know the price of the specials. The soup special was more than twice the price of the soups listed on the menu.Special Features:
- Perfect Xmas Eve DinnerRagsfoodieVIPDined on 12/24/2013We had the best time and the waiters took care of us including arranging for a quiet outside table at the end of the evening so I could smoke a cigar and organizing a car service homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013I wanted to go somewhere really nice for my 30th birthday. The food was exceptional. I mean, so so so good! Yum!!! It was a great choice. Service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!AmandaPoohDined on 12/15/2013Michy's was excellent! We got there at the very last seating since my graduation ceremony was later in the evening. I work in the restaurant business and I understand that it's hard to be a late seated but our waster, Adrian, was GREAT! He answered all my questions and made great conversation. The food was to die for, the Squash Blossoms were so unique and YUMMY! The Bibb lettuce salad was fresh and delicious. My dad's yellowtail snapper was so tasty. Just go! It's amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in Miami!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/15/2013Unequaled for consistently innovative, unique, beautifully prepared food and impeccable service.Special Features:
- PerfectBeachmamaDined on 12/14/2013I finally had the opportunity to dine at Michy's after driving by for years. My daughter, visiting from out of town, wanted to try one of Michelle's desserts she had seen on TV. All I want to know is why did I wait so long to enjoy one of the best meals I've had in years. The tuna appetizer was so.... good we ordered another after our entrees. I had the short ribs which were excellent. My daughter had the fish special which was equally excellent. We did manage to save room for dessert, I had the bread pudding and my daughter had the baked Alaska. My final thought is GO and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On My Favorites ListeviejeanDined on 12/10/2013Michy's is always on my short list when family and friends come to town. We all love it.. The ambience and décor are cool and charming, but it is the food and service that keep us coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantEleonoraDined on 12/5/2013Happy to have a restaurant away from the tourist area that provides good dining in a pleasant and trendy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really like it. DeliciousmimiVIPDined on 12/4/2013We really like it. Delicious food & charming ambience.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantGaryDined on 12/3/2013Great food and presentation by Michelle Bernstein. Will be back the next time we are in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aaaah!LandTDined on 12/1/2013First time but not the last we will dine here. Lived up to the hype and more. Snapper was outstanding and the salmon excellent. Great desserts. Beautiful setting and quiet for an early evening. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.