210 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 617-423-5700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private function space. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Stellato 6174235700x
- Entertainment: Home of "The Cooking Show" airing now on Xfinity! Every Friday evening live from our broadcast kitchen studio, Chef Liz Bramwell hosts an intimate and lively live cooking show for 22 guests. Tickets must be bought in advance @ www.TheCookingShow.tv
- Special Events: Call for more information
A word from Rustic Kitchen
Rustic Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style Bistro. Our menus are crafted with local and seasonal items that are always prepared fresh daily in a friendly and comfortable bistro-style setting.Continued
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
To allow for a proper dining experience please make your Friday and Saturday resevation two hours in advance of a theater show time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustic Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)special occasion (31)romantic (29)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Cheesecake Factory decorWilliamDined on 3/22/2014Very loud, and the "ambience" is reminiscent of a chain like Cheesecake Factory. Service was great, food was pretty good. But the overall experience left me a little "meh..."
- Theater NightCeltsFansDined on 3/22/2014If you like a lively atmosphere (music and conversation level) and you want the full experience, the Rustic Kitchen is a great option. We've been to other area restaurants (Flemings, Legal's, Maggiano's) and this compares very favorably. Our drinks were very nice (white sangria and malbec). The veal meatball appetizer was wonderful with plump servings, gooey cheese and zesty sauce. The caesar salad, although served in a bowl made of parmesan, was just a cut above okay, though. Maybe a bit too much dressing on it. We had the stuffed haddock (excellent!) and the crusted salmon for entrees. The crabmeat stuffing really complimented the haddock. The salmon was very good, too. And the tiramisu was a great way to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just fair, questionPricelessDined on 3/22/2014Food was just fair, question freshness of my shrimp dish :(
- BIRTHDAY DINNERDEBBIEDined on 3/22/2014Was treated to dinner Sat evening by my co-workers. Service and food were outstanding. Defininely coming back with boyfriend.Special Features:
- My overall all dinner wasJohnDined on 3/21/2014My overall all dinner was good and would return again.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014Great food and atmosphere. Trendy but not pretentious. Service was good & professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stretched WaitpersonTeeDeeDined on 3/15/2014Three of us dined at Rustic Kitchen on a Saturday. We were seated at outr reservation time. Initial contact with the very pleasant waitperson was a little slow and that turned out to be the theme for the evening. She had two large tables and was involved with a large private party in the small room in the fron of the restaurant. The entress were very slow to come out and one was noticeably cold throughout. She heard our complaint, notified the manager and the meal was comped. But, the wait and the cold meal tarnished what otherwise could have been a great evening as the food itself was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningJudiVIPDined on 3/15/2014If you enjoy people watching, be sure to request a high top table. Caesar salad served in a Parmesan bowl was cold, crispy and delicious with a nice lemon tartness - and large enough to share. I had duck breast served over mashed potato, garlicky spinach and topped off with a blueberry sauce. The duck was tender and the accompaniments tasty. The atmosphere is casual as you can see two tvs at the bar as well as watch the brick oven pizza chef at work. The service was just ok. We were served water and a glass of wine before our salad. By the time our meal was delivered all glasses were empty. We wanted a second glass of wine with our dinner, but had to flag down the waiter to ask. Our dinners were almost finished before the wine arrivedSpecial Features:
- Great little finddnc5678Dined on 3/13/2014This is a super fun great energy restaurant that will satisfy even the most picky eater but with a very casual non stuffy feel. I dropped in on a business trip and had a fantastic meal, great service and an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had been to Rustic KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2014We had been to Rustic Kitchen before and had a great meal, and this time didn't disappoint, The fresh pasta was fabulous. The place has a nice feel to it. It is lively, but not too loud. We didn't eat at the bar this time, but we sat there the first time we came and it was a nice place to eat. We found the bartender to be engaging, helpful and attentive. They have a nice beer and wine menu as well as some interesting drinks. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great preshow diningSweetpeaVIPDined on 3/12/2014Excellent meal before the show. Noteworthy dining experience.Special Features:
- A great experience made ExceptionalMMS3737Dined on 3/1/2014Overall, the food was great! We started with the arancini. Amazing! Perfect for two or three people to share! The salad greens in a citrus dressing that came on top of the arancini sent this ordinary (but very good) appetizer over the edge! For entrees, I got the short rib stroganoff. The meat was melt in your mouth good. The sauce was flavorful and full of different types of mushrooms. My husband's steak was also great. Get the butterscotch budino. You will regret it if you miss out on this phenomenal dessert! All of this would have been enough to have us returning, but Gustavo, our waiter was exceptional. He was attentive, thoughtful and very friendly. He is their best brand ambassador!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not greatEmmyVIPDined on 3/1/2014The waitress was very friendly and seemed efficient. Water glasses were not refilled and had to hunt her down totget the check, but otherwise, no problems. Food was fine, but nothing exceptional. Had the veal meatloaf. My friend had fish and liked it very much. Choclate Mousse Cake seemed overly sweet to me and not quite chiolate-y enough. Wine list was good but not overly imaginative.Special Features:
- Excellent meal.KiwiDined on 2/28/2014Delicious beet salad. Wonderful shrimp and artichoke spaghettini - a bit too heavy on the capers. Friendly and helpful waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner, lovely waiterFoodNetworkJunkieDined on 2/22/2014This was our belated vday night out and the food was fantastic. The restaurant itself is casual-chic (if I can take liberties to make up descriptors) our waiter was outstanding, perfect balance of attentive yet unobtrusive. And helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. Great night, great food, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice touchARNIEDined on 2/20/2014In the reservation I asked for a quiet table as we were celebrating an anniversary...got it. Food was quite nicely prepared and delicious. We we so full we opted out of dessert, and to our surprise when the waiter presented our check, he also brought a small chocolate cake wrapped to go with the compliments of the place. Classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outTinaVIPDined on 2/20/2014My husband & I had a rare night out in the city without the kids. Tried Rustic Kitchen based on location (close to theaters) and excellent reviews. The reviews were not wrong. The décor in the restaurant was very warm and the ambience was wonderful. Our waiter was attentive but not overly so. The food was fantastic. We expected portions to be small given the location but were very pleasantly surprised that they were huge! We ended up taking home half of an appetizer and my entrée. (Entrée - short rib stroganoff - was even better next day for lunch!) Pear salad was delicious; butterscotch 'pudding' was sinful. All that and they validated parking! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallTomekDined on 2/20/2014Truly enjoyed the food (tuna tartar was exceptional). Wife and son loved it too. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Everything!NancyVIPDined on 2/19/2014Rustic Kitchen was a perfect restaurant for a mid week escape & romantic dinner for two. Food was delicious; starting with Rustic Caesar Salad & Grilled Pear Salad. We were so glad we got both so that we could sample each other's although the generous portions could have easily afforded us the ability to share one. We loved the parmesan basket the caesar was served in - visual & taste! Our dinner choices were Grilled Marinated Hanger Steak and Porcini Mushroom Tortellini - the tortellini is homemade! Both dishes were delish and when we return to Rustic Kitchen we would be very likely to at least order the tortellini again. The wait staff was wonderful & we did not feel rushed at all. It was nice to enjoy a relaxing evening of fine food.Special Features:
- very nice restaurant... foodScriptoDined on 2/17/2014very nice restaurant... food was fabulous and service was very friendly and accommodating. will come back and recommend to others...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there before. Food wasJoseDined on 2/16/2014Been there before. Food was amzing as usual. Service left much to be desired. to me service is everything. I can get great food many places in Boston.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly staffYoginiHDined on 2/16/2014I was there for a late lunch / early dinner with a girlfriend. The place has this relaxed feel and we were able to carry a conversation without yelling. The menu doesn't have too much options to choose from, but I am not a picky eater so I can always find food for me to enjoy. The service staff is friendly. It's a pleasant experience but nothing calls out for me to come back.Special Features:
- Blizzard dinnerLeechylouchaDined on 2/15/2014My boyfriend and I went here during a recent blizzard after seeing a show in the theater district. We got there well before our reservation but noticed many open tables. Despite this the hostess said she couldn't seat us until closer to our reservation time which I found strange. After sitting at the bar for about 5 minutes she told us we could be seated. The food and drinks were excellent. I would definitely recommend the pasta! Overall a great escape from the cold of a Boston winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodTodineforDined on 2/15/2014Six of us eat dinner here for the first time. We had a great round table and it was easy to talk with everyone. Everyone enjoyed their meal which included stuffed haddock, duck, salmon and pasta carbonara. A couple of us had the Raspberry tart-tini and they were delicious! I will go back so either soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen Stars at Rustic Kitchen!ChefGroupieDined on 2/14/2014From making the reservation & greetings upon arrival, to honoring a request for a specific table the staff offers friendly, courteous, professional service. The decor is casual & warm, includes interesting & eclectic lighting, and features cozy, romantic booths for date night to fun bar-height table dining (kids will love the high tables!), with neat bar dining as well. And then... from the kitchen comes perfectly prepared home made pasta, and sublimely dressed fresh greens. The menu offers something for everyone plus a fabulous cocktail menu that includes 3 kinds of infused vodkas and other creative, delicious & smooth drinks. Rustic Kitchen is everything a dining experience should be & has earned my highly anticipated repeat business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014I love this place. Many restaurants are all about cutting edge techniques and food trends that end up lacking in flavor. Rustic Kitchen makes deliciously simple food. I have enjoyed every meal I've eaten here immensely. It's an under appreciated gem in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- late reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014For starters we were late for our reservation on valentines dayby about 20 minutes. I called and let them know and they said it was Ok. When we got there we didn't have much time eat because we had a show for 8pm and got there at 7:15. The staff was better than accommodating we were sat instantly and had eaten our dinner within 30 minutes! The food was very impressive! Lobster carbonara was unreal and so was the petits filet. I can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater spot!LianneDined on 2/12/2014Rustic Kitchen exceeded expectations of a decent reasonably-priced place to grab a bite before a show. It's two blocks to the Tremont Street theaters. They have a good selection of appetizers and salads, and concentrate on comfort food style entrees. Ambiance is "rustic Italian". An open pasta kitchen, stone walls, and nice booths is somewhat romantic, but seating is not particularly private. Terrific Seafood Tower (only $36 for two). We were blown away by the vast array of chilled seafood displayed - 6 very large oysters, two lobster tails, a scallop ceviche, crabmeat salad, 4 huge jumbo shrimp, and plenty of mussels. Fresh and delicious. They will validate your public parking for $10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealstephanieDined on 2/8/2014we met friends for dinner before a show and picked rustic kitchen because they were walking distance from the theater and had a convenient reservation time available. the food was excellent - we started with a cheese plate for the table. i had lobster carbonara - delicious and reasonably priced. hubby had a steak that was cooked perfectly. our friends had the smokehouse chicken risotto and grilled pear salad with shrimp - both were very happy with their meals. the only complaint i have was our waitress brought the guys another round of drinks but missed my request for another glass of wine. a small thing, but i'm the reviewer! otherwise, she was great. we'd definitely consider returning for dinner before a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maria GalvinAtreat2dineoutVIPDined on 2/8/2014Great meal and great service! This is our place to go before seeing a show in the theater district!Special Features:
- Nice FindHenryserDined on 2/1/2014A group of us ate at the Rustic Kitchen for the first time on Saturday night. Everything was perfect. Our group of five ordered a varied selection of entrées, swordfish, chicken, pork, pasta and everyone in our party was very pleased with their choices. Service was good, nice selection of wines and after dinner drinks. We are definitely planning to go there again in the future.Special Features:
- Well worth it!patsfanDined on 2/1/2014My brother and sister-in-law had been previously and loved it so I couldn't wait to have a business trip to Boston so I could try this restaurant. Not one thing negative I could say! Am hoping to go back soon so I can try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmospherenicolejoannebVIPDined on 1/31/2014I loved this place! The food was very delicious. They served us great bread with a bean puree, which was out of this world. They had a great wine selection as well. My meal as well as my boyfriends meals were delicious and the wait staff was helpful and attentive. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencerangergirlDined on 1/26/2014Had no idea what to expect here - we were staying at the Revere Hotel (attached) and I made a reservation online because we were going to the theater. A nice unique atmosphere, open seating area with a decent bar alongside. Nice and toasty (roaring fire by the kitchen) and great service. Food was awesome! Very reasonable prices for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findLellenDined on 1/24/2014enjoyed food, setting, bar & wait staff, hostess, all friendly. Great italian wine list. Consider trying the butternut squash ravioli! It was delicious. It was fun to watch the Cooking Show being filmed in the adjacent room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You Rustic Kitchen!EvonneDined on 1/18/2014We dined at Rustic Kitchen Sat, Jan 18, to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and it supersite all our expectations. We arrived on time at 8:45 pm, but waited 20 minutes. Restaurant was packed. Ms. Katrina, the hostess was absolutely fantastic. She constantly check in on us during our wait and offered us champagne topped with strawberries while we waited. She made our wait bearable! Everything from Dirty Martini, to appetizer Eggplant Involtini, to Bone in Rib Eye Steak 16oz, to Shrimp & Scallop Spaghettini served with angel hair pasta were phenomenal. Coffee was great and came with biscotti on the side. The Vanilla Crème Brule also tasted wonderful. We will definitely be back for more. Thank you! EBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this placeLexLieslDined on 1/18/2014Kind of a stale 90's aesthetic, tastelessly overdone with faux country Italiana vibe, washroom is down a hotel hall, very uncomfortable booths, too noisy, menus are those huge foldout leather things that take a half acre of real estate, food is one step up from Chicago Grill. No, no, no to this place.
- Delicious Meal Before ComedyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We had a totally delicious meal at the Rustic Kitchen. The food was savory and yummy in every bite! We were late for our reservation and they were very gracious and seated us right away! (Suburbanites in Boston what can I say!) We had a nice relaxing, great meal with a very nice waitress and really good food. The only thing I didn't care for were the two glasses of white wine I ordered. Not sure if they are known for their wine, but didn't enjoy them. Otherwise, everything was great! So glad we choose it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks can be deceiving.dtm10595Dined on 1/18/2014The appearance of this restaurant is really nice. The staff was pleasant but did not follow up on our service properly (forgot about our desert and brought us the check instead.). The appearance of food was great. The quality and taste of the main course was extremely disappointing. One of the worst meals we have had. Would not recommend to our friends.
- Going to a show in Boston?DandJDined on 1/17/2014The Rustic Kitchen located in the theatre district serves outstanding food in a unique atmosphere. The night we stopped in they were filming their cooking show in the back if the restaurant. The hostess was really nice and led us into the area and took pictures for us. The show has one an Emmy which is displayed as well. He service was friendly and not rushed. The food was just outstanding. We had three appetizers which were quite large in terms of portions, prepared perfectly and enough for us to have take home. This place is great and we will certainly go again. You will not go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.