210 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 617-423-5700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private function space. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Stellato 6174235700x
- Entertainment: Home of "The Cooking Show" airing now on Xfinity! Every Friday evening live from our broadcast kitchen studio, Chef Liz Bramwell hosts an intimate and lively live cooking show for 22 guests. Tickets must be bought in advance @ www.TheCookingShow.tv
- Special Events: Call for more information
A word from Rustic Kitchen
Rustic Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style Bistro. Our menus are crafted with local and seasonal items that are always prepared fresh daily in a friendly and comfortable bistro-style setting.Continued
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
To allow for a proper dining experience please make your Friday and Saturday resevation two hours in advance of a theater show time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustic Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (35)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experience but....StarchildVIPDined on 4/19/2014I really enjoyed dining here. The sangria in my opinion is the best I've ever had anywhere. However I got the stuffed roasted chicken and thought it was dry and flavorless... The skin wasn't crispy but a bit gummy... Everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for pre-theaterBSRBDined on 4/18/2014Had pre-theater reservations for four at 6pm on a Friday night. We were seated right on time, given menus and bread, and then ignored for 15-20 minutes. When the waiter finally returned he asked to take our food order without ever asking for a drink order. While all the staff was very nice, we had to flag someone down if we needed anything, including a second round of drinks. Food was solid, but nothing special or good enough to make us come back as there are so many other options in Boston. Overall, a good pre-theater experience, and they got us out on time.
- Good hidden findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014Not an obvious find but very much worth the trip. Pleasant modern but comfortable atmosphere. In one part of the restaurant a TV cooking show is sometime filmed there. Teenagers had baked mac and cheese with mushroom, lobster carbonara was good as wash the seafood. Very nicely presented and good portions. Recommended for a casual but a little fancy night out in Boston. Close to Tufts Medical Center and Chinatown, across the street from Legal Seafoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014We had dinner here before seeing a show. The reservation process was flawless. We were sat right away and the wait staff was friendly and courteous and gave honest advice as to what meal to order. The food was fabulous - all three of us really enjoyed our appetizer and meals! I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicesteveMDined on 4/12/2014I ate an earyl dinner here on Saturday night with my wife before we attended a show. We had reservations and were promtly seated. The food was great from appetizers, salad, main course and desert. The service was outstanding. Our waiter Gustov was so attentive to our every needs. He offered his menu and drink/wine suggestions, offered us a sample of his recommended wine, kept replacing our dirty plates and utensils with clean ones and even covered the crumbs and drips on our table cloth with a clean napkin between courses! It was impressive to get such good service! He also makes the best cup of capaccino we ever had! We would definitley dine here again. Great place for a preshow dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre lunchSeniorDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I had lunch on a Saturday before attending a matinee musical in Boston. We were the only people in the front part of the restaurant, but it seemed there was a group elsewhere in the place. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. Our lunches were fine--a hamburger and a lobster bisque/half lobster sandwich combo. The home made chips were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/11/2014The food was so good, I want to go back and try 13 other things on the menu!Special Features:
- Great food and warm atmosphereBerniDined on 4/5/2014Walking into the Rustic Kitchen, we find old wine crates stacked as a wall next to the host station with decor on top and useable compartments. We were met with a friendly smile and our table within 5 minutes. Our server was friendly as well as helpful with suggestions. The decor was rustic and an interesting conversation piece. The lighting was bright enough to see what you are eating but dim enough for ambiance. Dinner was melt in your mouth delicious. We had the wedge salad and calamari for the appetizer. Duck breast and duck confit ravioli for dinner. No dessert because dinner was just too delicious. The entire experience was wonderful. I can't wait to go back next time I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always. RKPMG0240VIPDined on 4/5/2014Outstanding as always. RK has never disappointed us. Food & drink selection is fantastic. Wait staff & bartenders attentive. RK is located within a short walk to Boston theater district; our go to restaurant before a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceMedicChieffDined on 4/5/2014Went into Boston for dinner and a show with the wife. While we frequent Boston, we had never eaten at the Rustic Kitchen despuite it being next to the Law Scho0ol our youngest graudated from. With tickets to a show at the Wang, we made reservations at Rustic Kitchen to benefit from the short walk to the show. Glad we did. The setting, customer service and food was fantastic at a very reasonable price. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoBlackhawksVIPDined on 4/5/2014The courtyard is nice and quiet and the menu was varied and well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was the perfect spot forLaLaDined on 4/4/2014It was the perfect spot for our dsughter's birthday. Lina was awesome, Katrina very helpful, and overall great presentation of good and everyone happy with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Kitchen at its BESTCelebrationDined on 4/4/2014Superior ambiance with a relaxing, romantic setting. Any seat is a good choice here, but our favorite is the half moon booth. The sangria was tasty and a perfect match to any meal. The food was outstanding- the beet salad was unbelievable- it will be a choice next time we visit. The presentation of the food was impressive. We had a reservation for 6:45, showed up a little early-no problem... They seated us right away. We will definitely return due to the kind and professional waitstaff as well as the efficient service. Thumbs up to the Rustic Kitchen!!!Special Features:
- great anniversary mealanniversarydinnerDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary by seeing the book of Mormon at the Boston opera house. We wanted to eat close to the theater district. After looking on trip advisor and yelp we decided to do toThe Rustic Kitchen. I'm so glad we did. Our waitress (I'm blanking on her name but she was from Cape Cod and very sweet) gave us plenty of thine and space to make decisions but also gave her opinion when we asked. We had the fried oysters appetizer which was fabulous. It had a little kick but was served on a shell with a cool bed of Cole slaw so as to keep the heat down. I ordered the Short rib stroganoff. Wow, delicious, creamy Papadelli pasta with melt i.e. your mouth short rib meat_ no bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looked good on paper but meh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2014Nice place for pre-theater dinner, service was very good, drinks good, salads good. Wasn't impressed with entrees. My husband ordered a steak medium rare. Came out medium the first time. No trouble sending it back, but second one came out very rare. He gave up and ate around the almost raw part in the middle. He thought the accompanying truffle fries were ok, but I thought they weren't a very good texture and just tasted oily, as if the oil wasn't hot enough. Mushroom tortellini had very good sauce and flavors, but was undercooked and the portion seemed a bit small. Maybe we were unlucky, but since we don't eat around there often and there are lots of other places to try we're unlikely to give it a do-over.
- Excellent filet!TenpinktoesDined on 4/3/2014Came here for a business meeting and the food and service was outstanding. The oysters were great too! We didn't know anything about the cooking show but it seemed interesting. My filet was tender and cooked perfect. Mashed potatoes were flavorful too. Not many customers on a weeknight but we were very happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotMajorDined on 3/29/2014Party of four on a Saturday evening. Very nice. Comfortable atmosphere, knowledgable and friendly serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic kitchen for dinner 3/29/2014annie0045Dined on 3/29/2014The fresh home made pasta is to die for. I had the shrimp and artichoke dish with fresh pasta. very good and the bread with pureed white bean and garlic in olive oil was the dipping oil for the delicious warm bread they served. I would visit this restaraunt again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing rustic about it.JohnODined on 3/29/2014The Rustic Kitchen is a perfect spot for dining before attending any of the shows in the theater district. It's reasonably priced, offers a variety of menu options, and has excellent servcice. Our party of four had differernt meals and they were all very well done and thoroughly enjoyable. The service was as warm, friendly, and attentive in every way and a real plus. I can't imagine the quality of the food and the service varying very much so the Rustic Kitchen is a definite must try for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to go before a showJennDined on 3/28/2014I selected this restaurant because it was close to the show we were scheduled to see. I was pleasantly surprised with the innovative menu items, great service and interesting decor. I loved the flower-bloom light fixturesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!rcs249VIPDined on 3/28/2014I can't believe we hadn't gone sooner to this great theater district restaurant. Absolutely delicious appetizers and entrees, really fun environment and they were filming the cooking show just after we finished eating so it made it that much more fun. Have gone back since and it was just equally as good. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- DeliciousguestDined on 3/27/2014Great place to have dinner before a show. The appetizers were a meal in themselves. The tuna tartare was the best I ever had. Presentation of the food was genius. I look forward to sampling more from the menu. Excellent martini, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheesecake Factory decorWilliamDined on 3/22/2014Very loud, and the "ambience" is reminiscent of a chain like Cheesecake Factory. Service was great, food was pretty good. But the overall experience left me a little "meh..."
- Theater NightCeltsFansDined on 3/22/2014If you like a lively atmosphere (music and conversation level) and you want the full experience, the Rustic Kitchen is a great option. We've been to other area restaurants (Flemings, Legal's, Maggiano's) and this compares very favorably. Our drinks were very nice (white sangria and malbec). The veal meatball appetizer was wonderful with plump servings, gooey cheese and zesty sauce. The caesar salad, although served in a bowl made of parmesan, was just a cut above okay, though. Maybe a bit too much dressing on it. We had the stuffed haddock (excellent!) and the crusted salmon for entrees. The crabmeat stuffing really complimented the haddock. The salmon was very good, too. And the tiramisu was a great way to end the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just fair, questionPricelessDined on 3/22/2014Food was just fair, question freshness of my shrimp dish :(
- BIRTHDAY DINNERDEBBIEDined on 3/22/2014Was treated to dinner Sat evening by my co-workers. Service and food were outstanding. Defininely coming back with boyfriend.Special Features:
- My overall all dinner wasJohnDined on 3/21/2014My overall all dinner was good and would return again.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014Great food and atmosphere. Trendy but not pretentious. Service was good & professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stretched WaitpersonTeeDeeDined on 3/15/2014Three of us dined at Rustic Kitchen on a Saturday. We were seated at outr reservation time. Initial contact with the very pleasant waitperson was a little slow and that turned out to be the theme for the evening. She had two large tables and was involved with a large private party in the small room in the fron of the restaurant. The entress were very slow to come out and one was noticeably cold throughout. She heard our complaint, notified the manager and the meal was comped. But, the wait and the cold meal tarnished what otherwise could have been a great evening as the food itself was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningJudiVIPDined on 3/15/2014If you enjoy people watching, be sure to request a high top table. Caesar salad served in a Parmesan bowl was cold, crispy and delicious with a nice lemon tartness - and large enough to share. I had duck breast served over mashed potato, garlicky spinach and topped off with a blueberry sauce. The duck was tender and the accompaniments tasty. The atmosphere is casual as you can see two tvs at the bar as well as watch the brick oven pizza chef at work. The service was just ok. We were served water and a glass of wine before our salad. By the time our meal was delivered all glasses were empty. We wanted a second glass of wine with our dinner, but had to flag down the waiter to ask. Our dinners were almost finished before the wine arrivedSpecial Features:
- Great little finddnc5678Dined on 3/13/2014This is a super fun great energy restaurant that will satisfy even the most picky eater but with a very casual non stuffy feel. I dropped in on a business trip and had a fantastic meal, great service and an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had been to Rustic KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2014We had been to Rustic Kitchen before and had a great meal, and this time didn't disappoint, The fresh pasta was fabulous. The place has a nice feel to it. It is lively, but not too loud. We didn't eat at the bar this time, but we sat there the first time we came and it was a nice place to eat. We found the bartender to be engaging, helpful and attentive. They have a nice beer and wine menu as well as some interesting drinks. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great preshow diningSweetpeaVIPDined on 3/12/2014Excellent meal before the show. Noteworthy dining experience.Special Features:
- A great experience made ExceptionalMMS3737Dined on 3/1/2014Overall, the food was great! We started with the arancini. Amazing! Perfect for two or three people to share! The salad greens in a citrus dressing that came on top of the arancini sent this ordinary (but very good) appetizer over the edge! For entrees, I got the short rib stroganoff. The meat was melt in your mouth good. The sauce was flavorful and full of different types of mushrooms. My husband's steak was also great. Get the butterscotch budino. You will regret it if you miss out on this phenomenal dessert! All of this would have been enough to have us returning, but Gustavo, our waiter was exceptional. He was attentive, thoughtful and very friendly. He is their best brand ambassador!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not greatEmmyVIPDined on 3/1/2014The waitress was very friendly and seemed efficient. Water glasses were not refilled and had to hunt her down totget the check, but otherwise, no problems. Food was fine, but nothing exceptional. Had the veal meatloaf. My friend had fish and liked it very much. Choclate Mousse Cake seemed overly sweet to me and not quite chiolate-y enough. Wine list was good but not overly imaginative.Special Features:
- Excellent meal.KiwiDined on 2/28/2014Delicious beet salad. Wonderful shrimp and artichoke spaghettini - a bit too heavy on the capers. Friendly and helpful waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner, lovely waiterFoodNetworkJunkieDined on 2/22/2014This was our belated vday night out and the food was fantastic. The restaurant itself is casual-chic (if I can take liberties to make up descriptors) our waiter was outstanding, perfect balance of attentive yet unobtrusive. And helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. Great night, great food, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice touchARNIEDined on 2/20/2014In the reservation I asked for a quiet table as we were celebrating an anniversary...got it. Food was quite nicely prepared and delicious. We we so full we opted out of dessert, and to our surprise when the waiter presented our check, he also brought a small chocolate cake wrapped to go with the compliments of the place. Classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outTinaVIPDined on 2/20/2014My husband & I had a rare night out in the city without the kids. Tried Rustic Kitchen based on location (close to theaters) and excellent reviews. The reviews were not wrong. The décor in the restaurant was very warm and the ambience was wonderful. Our waiter was attentive but not overly so. The food was fantastic. We expected portions to be small given the location but were very pleasantly surprised that they were huge! We ended up taking home half of an appetizer and my entrée. (Entrée - short rib stroganoff - was even better next day for lunch!) Pear salad was delicious; butterscotch 'pudding' was sinful. All that and they validated parking! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallTomekDined on 2/20/2014Truly enjoyed the food (tuna tartar was exceptional). Wife and son loved it too. We'll be backSpecial Features: