210 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 617-423-5700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private function space. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Stellato 6174235700x
- Entertainment: Home of "The Cooking Show" airing now on Xfinity! Every Friday evening live from our broadcast kitchen studio, Chef Liz Bramwell hosts an intimate and lively live cooking show for 22 guests. Tickets must be bought in advance @ www.TheCookingShow.tv
- Special Events: Call for more information
A word from Rustic Kitchen
Rustic Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style Bistro. Our menus are crafted with local and seasonal items that are always prepared fresh daily in a friendly and comfortable bistro-style setting.Continued
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
To allow for a proper dining experience please make your Friday and Saturday resevation two hours in advance of a theater show time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustic Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)special occasion (31)romantic (29)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Our experience Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008Our experience Friday night was excellent. I made reservations through Open Table, which made it very easy for me. I love not having to pick up the phone! We arrived 30 minutes early and dediced to sit and have a drink at the bar. I have to tell you it was probably one of the best blood orange martinis I have ever had! When we sat for our reservation the server was superb as was our meal. We finished the evening off with a flowerless chocolate cake that was delicious! Thanks Rustic Kitchen for a great experience!Special Features:
- Loved it....have been to bothKarenVIPDined on 4/25/2008Loved it....have been to both Hingham and Boston...both great!Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2008The service was excellent. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that my friend and I might need some dietary accommodations. Before ordering, our waitress asked if the chef needed to make any adjustments for us that evening. I was impressed by this level of attentiveness.Special Features:
- Good food all around, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2008Good food all around, nice atmosphere, good service. A bit upscale without being stuffy or overpriced.Special Features:
- This is a fine restaurant.KateDined on 4/19/2008This is a fine restaurant. The food was inconsistent, but the menu was interesting and inventive. My Saltimboca was great. My sister's Cesar salad was dullsville; she sent it back. It was nice that the maitre 'd came out for some more detailed feedback on why the salad was insufficient, which showed vigilence. The food didn't stop conversation, but it was definitely above average. I would go again. Service was excellent and the decor was just gorgeous.Special Features:
- Food was okay. I wouldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008Food was okay. I wouldn't say it was great, but it was not bad. Very mediocre I guess would best describe it. Portions were rather small, we thought. The presentation was nothing special. The restaurant was very noisy, and the table was round and very big, which made it very difficult to converse. Our group consisted of four people ages 60, 57, 28 and 24, and there was a general consensus that the restaurant was okay but probably not one we'd return to.
- Perhaps the worst meal weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2008Perhaps the worst meal we have ever had at a Boston restaurant. We had to send back my wife's pasta dish twice because it was inedible. The second time, the dish came back with an excessive amout of garlic.
- Worst waiter ever!! He tookMikeDined on 4/18/2008Worst waiter ever!! He took the order, brought the food, and dropped the check. That was it. There was no: ""How was everything?" No: Water refill. No: Coffee offer. No: Dessert offer. No: "Would you like anything else?" It was: Eat and get out!!! Who's letting this guy get away with this??? Issn't there anybody watching this clown? The Rustic Kitchen looks great, the food is pretty good, but the service sucks big time.
- Great variety food was preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2008Great variety food was prepared perfectly. Great wood fired pizzas and seafoodSpecial Features:
- We had a very pleasant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2008We had a very pleasant dining experience - the restaurant was nearly empty on a Sunday night, so we received very attentive and friendly (but not obtrusive) service, and we didn't have to deal with the noise that is so common in restaurants these days. We were able to have a conversation and relax without straining our voices. Comfortable, informal atmosphere and very good food. I would highly recommend it to folks looking for a good restaurant in the theatre district.Special Features:
- Using the "Open Table Dinning"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008Using the "Open Table Dinning" made it very easy to make reservations. We all enjoyed the menu and the food was delicious!! Thanks!Special Features:
- A good theater district restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/5/2008A good theater district restaurant. The food was good- nothing memorable, and they got us seated and out in plenty of time for our show.
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008The food was very good, but the evening started off lousy. I went to dinner with two friends and my mother, who's knee is injured. When we asked not to sit at the tall table with stools, the hostess did not seem happy. She glanced at us, and told us the place was very busy, even though there were 10 tables open (which remained open for the remainder of our meal). It took us three times, and by finally by the third time, she made it seem as if she was doing us a favor to sit us at a more comfortable table (which better suited my mother's condition). Other than that interaction, we were happy with everything. I am still unsure whether that interaction will keep me from coming back. -Guy Ben-Aharon (email@example.com)
- I have always rating my diningBDBanksDined on 4/4/2008I have always rating my dining experience on a 100 point grading school. For example a 100 to 90 = anything from an A + to an A -. Food= 85 Ambiance=90 Service=69 (Waiter/Hostess) The best part of our service was the manager smiling and thanking us for coming. Overall=81 FYI: I am a chef, my wife bakes. We not only know what is good to us, we know what people like. This place people we like but not love. My suggestion make reservations for the live in studio TV cooking show that is recorded here. By the way the scallops are great, and the stuffed kitchen is good. My wife and I know Italian and this is Italian but just not the best but it is good enough.Special Features:
- The portobello mushroom pizzaKpriscellaVIPDined on 3/30/2008The portobello mushroom pizza and spinach salad were wonderful. The macaroni and cheese (kids menu) had too much nutmeg. The service was wonderful and very friendly. The menu had a lot of interesting choices. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Pricey for what it offers--foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/28/2008Pricey for what it offers--food is very good but not worth big bucks (1/2 salad, pasta, 1 glass of wine, tip etc.=$50+.Special Features:
- Probably my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2008Probably my favorite restaurant for pre-theater. Food is reasonably priced, delicious, with very unique menu choices. Service people always very accommodating when they know you are going to the theater.Special Features:
- They were closing early becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008They were closing early because it was Easter so our reservation was 4:45, after a show. We were practically the only ones there. But we had a fun, attentive waiter, tasty meals and good drinks. Everyone was pleased.Special Features:
- Nice and quiet during brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008Nice and quiet during brunch time. Great selection of food on the brunch menu and everything we ordered was delicious. It was nice to watch it come right out of the fire and onto our table. Perfect place to eat before the theater!Special Features:
- Food at Rustic Kitchen neverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2008Food at Rustic Kitchen never disappoints me. It is a very reliable place to take your out-of-town guests without having to break the bank. You can't go wrong with any pasta choices. Porkchop is another tasty dish.Special Features:
- I was very pleased with everything.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2008I was very pleased with everything. The waitstaff was helpful and attentive. I was very happy with my dinning experiance, and look forward to returning. ThanksSpecial Features:
- We gave you a 2nd chance anedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2008We gave you a 2nd chance aned were much more satisfied than the first time. We enjoyed the food but thought the menu was a little odd. Adding interesting pizzas to the entree menu might help or organizing your menu differently.
- The service was fine, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2008The service was fine, the food was okay, my dish was a little disappointing (I had the scallops). I have had better meals at comparable establishments in the same area.Special Features:
- Service and staff was excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2008Service and staff was excellent!!! We always have a really great experience every time we go to Rustic in terms of the service. Our compliments to the team! Also, they supplied all of the requests I made through my reservation on opentable.com and I was really pleased. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Menu offers a little bit forOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/20/2008Menu offers a little bit for everyone, great for after work cocktail & apps or before play meal. I will recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Good spinach salad and vealtallredVIPDined on 3/20/2008Good spinach salad and veal entree. Nothing earthshattering.
- I was pretty disappointedannabeleeVIPDined on 3/20/2008I was pretty disappointed in the food. I had been here once before when it first opened and recalled that it was pretty good. The restaurant week menu seemed boring. In my opinion, they were just repackaging existing stuff and trying to make an extra buck instead of really trying to wow people. the pastas were bland. the fried calamari with hot peppers was ok, but i would have fried the hot peppers to tone them down a bit--they were (obviously) inedible and did nothing to help the dish. The wine list was dull and uninspired and overpriced. never going back (ps: I DO love olives, not sure what happened in translation)
- My dining partner and I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/20/2008My dining partner and I went there before the theater. Food was good (margarita pizza is good)and not too crowded. Two comments - (1) do not get stuck in one of the circular booths in the dining room - The booths are INCREDIBLY uncomfortable - too straight with a weird head bumper and (2) the proscuitto appetizer is HUGE - ideal for a group but WAY too much for 2 people.Special Features:
- Was taken to this restaurantJoeRichardVIPDined on 3/19/2008Was taken to this restaurant for the first time last summer and have made it one of the few restaurants that I would go back to over and over againSpecial Features:
- I had reservations beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/19/2008I had reservations before a show at the Colonial theater. Their food was very good and the service was pretty fast. I went during restaurant week in boston, but their restaurant week specials were pretty weak for the cost, so we ordered off of the regular menu. For a suggestion, they should take Phantom Gourmet gift cards. Thanks!Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2008Food was great. Service was good despite the fact they were working short. Waiter/bartender took care of us. I will be back.Special Features:
- The soup was excellent, almostFredDined on 3/18/2008The soup was excellent, almost a meal in itself. One of our party had the meat appetizer and said it wasn't very good. The entrees were fine, but nothing particularly special (none of us tried the seafood dish, so I can't comment on that). We liked the bar area and the general layout of the restaurant. We didn't feel this was a high end restaurant like some of the others we go to during restaurant week, but it was a good meal overall and a pleasant evening out.Special Features:
- The food was quite good.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/16/2008The food was quite good. We went during restaurant week and chose to not eat off that menu. One of our party, however, wanted the soup from the restaurant week menu (the only other soup mentioned besides the clam chowder on the regular menu.) Since she is dieting, she was disappointed to be told that she would have to order the entire restaurant week menu to get it. After much negotiation, we were able to have it served to her, but the hassle to do so wasn't necessary and colored some of the dinner.Special Features:
- I know the reviews have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2008I know the reviews have been mixed so we went with some trepidition. But we were pleasantly surprised. The service was good, the food was excellent and it was convenient to the theatres. My daughter and I ordered from the restaurant week menu and were very happy. The pear crostada was very good. Some of the reviews mentioned their excellent calamari so my husband ordered it and proclaimed that if everyone could first taste calamari like that, everyone would be hooked. It was all good and we would go again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Rustic Kitchen is adequateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008Rustic Kitchen is adequate for quick dining before the theatre. The food is acceptable but nothing special. Some items are overpriced. As for the ambiance - there is none. it's a place that satisfies the need to fuel the body but not a place to enjoy a dining experience. The hostess on duty the night we went could use some training. As we stood at the hostess station waiting to check in she continued to ignore us and address people streaming through the door most of which did not have reservations. It was not until we spoke up did she pay any attention to us and she was acted very put out. Also no one offered to hang our coats which we bundled on to the banquet seating.....Special Features:
- Appetizer was fair (fondulette)OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/15/2008Appetizer was fair (fondulette) and bread served with it burnt and unedible, pasta home-made, light and delicious. Could have used a little more sauce.Special Features:
- The ambiance was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2008The ambiance was great. The dining room beautiful, full of funky lights and furnishings. The atmosphere was friendly and upbeat. The food was perfect with two exceptions -- the filet mignon was not tender and the appetizer parmesan truffle fries, while delicious fries, had no hint of parm or truffle oil. We even asked the server if he was sure these were the truffle fries. Besides those two things, our experience was great and we will go back!!Special Features:
- Heard great things about RusticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/14/2008Heard great things about Rustic Kitchen but found it to be pretty un-impressive overall.
- Went on a first date withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2008Went on a first date with my now wife. Nice homemade pasta. The place is fairly impressive as you can see the the TV set where they shoot their program. Loved food.Special Features:
- Have always had a good experienceselectivesusanVIPDined on 12/31/2007Have always had a good experience at Rustic Kitchen, both locations. We live on the South Shore so we usually go to the Derby Street location, but have been to the Stuart Steet one before a theater performance. Never disappointed.Special Features: