210 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 617-423-5700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private function space. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Stellato 6174235700x
- Entertainment: Home of "The Cooking Show" airing now on Xfinity! Every Friday evening live from our broadcast kitchen studio, Chef Liz Bramwell hosts an intimate and lively live cooking show for 22 guests. Tickets must be bought in advance @ www.TheCookingShow.tv
- Special Events: Call for more information
A word from Rustic Kitchen
Rustic Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style Bistro. Our menus are crafted with local and seasonal items that are always prepared fresh daily in a friendly and comfortable bistro-style setting.Continued
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
To allow for a proper dining experience please make your Friday and Saturday resevation two hours in advance of a theater show time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustic Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)special occasion (31)romantic (28)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great spot for theatre-goersdoctordeeDined on 5/10/2014My brother and I dined at the Rustic Kitchen while my daughters were seeing a show at the Royale. It's a fantastic location for theatre-goers -- we had drinks at the Four Seasons first, and coffee at Finale after, and were only a 5-10 minute walk away from everything. We had a great waiter, who steered us in the right direction on every choice. We split a wedge salad, which we both enjoyed, and we both had pasta dishes: beef stroganoff and the butternut squash mezzaluna, which was a lovely combination of flavors. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere festive and warm, and we had a lovely experience. Will go back!Special Features:
- LOVE Rustic KitcheneaclarkDined on 5/10/2014The rustic kitchen never disappoints, and I am already looking forward to to visiting again. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu, but I have a special affinity for their cheese burger.Special Features:
- Pre-show dinnerSouthieDinerDined on 5/10/2014We were attending a show at 8 pm and wanted to eat nearby. Rustic Kitchen was 3 blocks from the Wang Theater, and we parked in the garage next door with validation as well. We had requested a table away from bus stations and bathrooms (we have bad luck that way). When we arrived, the hostess had received our request and accommodated. The waitor was attentive, though he forgot to mention specials, and had to look them up when we asked. We had oysters and fried calamari to start, both were delicious and fresh. My husband had the short rib stroganoff, which the waiter said was one of their best and it was great. My stuffed haddock was also yummy as were the desserts. Only complaint was the noise level, too loud to talk, music level unnecessarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-(& post-)Theater mealHoofItDined on 5/10/2014Our family of 4 were tight on time ahead of a show at Wilbur Theatre but the server was very accommodating, the drinks and tasty food came quickly (as we had asked). We returned for tasty desserts after the show and it was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BizDevGalVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great place; we'll go back. Our waiter seemed too busy and also seemed new on the job and was not very attentive but you could see others were on the ball. Excellent food and great bar area with plenty of tables as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Memorable MealBeijosDotVIPDined on 5/5/2014We recently enjoyed dinner here with a group of six. Good service, excellent wine list and inventive cocktails. Homemade pasta was fantastic--fettuccini alfredo was not too heavy--just right. Pizzas were good though not outstanding--not particularly flavorful. The prosciutto/goat cheese/fig had a very bitter drizzle on it (the figs? balsamic?) that ruined the overall flavor. Mussels, duck confit ravioli, pear salad were all perfectly edible but not memorable. Ravioli a bit mushy, roasted pears a bit hard and dry.Special Features:
- AwesomeNeverEatsOutDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I had date night (first one in awhile) ad Rustic Kitchen was recommended by a friend. We were early as they couldn't seat us until our reservation time. Which was fine so we had a drink at the bar. When our table was ready we had this round booth that was kind of secluded. Only problem it was looking onto several large tables of bachelorette parties. It was kind of noisey but no problem, the service and food were wonderful. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!Nonnie23Dined on 5/3/2014The rustic kitchen exceeded our expectations, everything was wonderful, would definitely return!Special Features:
- Good selection of pastaSAFoodieVIPDined on 5/1/2014We had a party of four. There was a nice variety of pasta, albeit heavy on cream-based pastas. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Great place to go before or after a theater show.
- Nice dinner! But a few ideas...eatituprightnowDined on 4/26/2014Our party was 7 people, and we were given a private room with large table, suitable for up to 16 people. The privacy was nice, but would have been good to have a smaller table in the open. The entrees were all quite good, but there were a few complaints on appetizers/deserts: overly spicy calamari (people just need to be aware of this, it might be what they want), and the creme brulee was kind of watery/loose. LOVED the coconut lime ice cream. And our server was very pleasant/helpful.Special Features:
- Will not be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was so - so. Waiter recommended the pasta, ordered baked rigatoni - came out in a skillet on dry side. We were two and once the place started to fill up with larger parties the waiter was not to be found. The décor was outstanding, very nice - just need to work on the food and service.
- so-soredbicycleDined on 4/26/2014The food here is nothing special as far as I can tell. My friend liked his a lot (lobster bisque with lobster roll) but I had the southwestern chicken salad which was mainly dressing drenched iceberg lettuce and flavorless chicken. Maybe their pizzas are really good and I just ordered wrong. However, our service wasn't great and there was a hair in my food. So, there's that.Special Features:
- DinnerDinnerdateDined on 4/25/2014When staying at Revere it was the perfect place to dine. Dinner was good from the wine to the appetizer through dinner.Special Features:
- Nice pre-theater optionconcmaDined on 4/23/2014The service was excellent and the restaurant is lovely. The menu has lots of good options, although some prices were out of whack. The food didn't meet our expectations but was fine overall. The homemade pasta is was tasty, but the sauces were a bit sweet and the combo of ingredients a bit muddled. The burrata appetizer, for example, was too cold so it didn't have that oozy goodness that it should have had. The duck ravioli and the short rib pasta dishes were too sweet. But overall, we enjoyed our visit and would go again. I might just order less ambitious dishes.Special Features:
- Marathon meals26pt2runnerVIPDined on 4/21/2014We were in town to run Boston and stayed nearby. We dined at Rustic Kitchen for one evening dinner and twice at lunch. We enjoyed both menu's - the lunch menu is actually quite interesting and varied as compared to others nearby. All of our meals were quite fabulous and we went away content each time. Great service, fair prices (we think) and nicely crafted menu options. We will return next year!Special Features:
- Cool place, ok food this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Love this place, but the brunch was not too impressive. Quick to receive food, but it was luke warm. french toast seemed like older bread, not great flavor. Slower service and it wasnt that busy, granted we were later in the Easter Day. I would stick with this place, but just for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience but....StarchildVIPDined on 4/19/2014I really enjoyed dining here. The sangria in my opinion is the best I've ever had anywhere. However I got the stuffed roasted chicken and thought it was dry and flavorless... The skin wasn't crispy but a bit gummy... Everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for pre-theaterBSRBDined on 4/18/2014Had pre-theater reservations for four at 6pm on a Friday night. We were seated right on time, given menus and bread, and then ignored for 15-20 minutes. When the waiter finally returned he asked to take our food order without ever asking for a drink order. While all the staff was very nice, we had to flag someone down if we needed anything, including a second round of drinks. Food was solid, but nothing special or good enough to make us come back as there are so many other options in Boston. Overall, a good pre-theater experience, and they got us out on time.
- Good hidden findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2014Not an obvious find but very much worth the trip. Pleasant modern but comfortable atmosphere. In one part of the restaurant a TV cooking show is sometime filmed there. Teenagers had baked mac and cheese with mushroom, lobster carbonara was good as wash the seafood. Very nicely presented and good portions. Recommended for a casual but a little fancy night out in Boston. Close to Tufts Medical Center and Chinatown, across the street from Legal Seafoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014We had dinner here before seeing a show. The reservation process was flawless. We were sat right away and the wait staff was friendly and courteous and gave honest advice as to what meal to order. The food was fabulous - all three of us really enjoyed our appetizer and meals! I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicesteveMDined on 4/12/2014I ate an earyl dinner here on Saturday night with my wife before we attended a show. We had reservations and were promtly seated. The food was great from appetizers, salad, main course and desert. The service was outstanding. Our waiter Gustov was so attentive to our every needs. He offered his menu and drink/wine suggestions, offered us a sample of his recommended wine, kept replacing our dirty plates and utensils with clean ones and even covered the crumbs and drips on our table cloth with a clean napkin between courses! It was impressive to get such good service! He also makes the best cup of capaccino we ever had! We would definitley dine here again. Great place for a preshow dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre lunchSeniorDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I had lunch on a Saturday before attending a matinee musical in Boston. We were the only people in the front part of the restaurant, but it seemed there was a group elsewhere in the place. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. Our lunches were fine--a hamburger and a lobster bisque/half lobster sandwich combo. The home made chips were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014The food was so good, I want to go back and try 13 other things on the menu!Special Features:
- Great food and warm atmosphereBerniDined on 4/5/2014Walking into the Rustic Kitchen, we find old wine crates stacked as a wall next to the host station with decor on top and useable compartments. We were met with a friendly smile and our table within 5 minutes. Our server was friendly as well as helpful with suggestions. The decor was rustic and an interesting conversation piece. The lighting was bright enough to see what you are eating but dim enough for ambiance. Dinner was melt in your mouth delicious. We had the wedge salad and calamari for the appetizer. Duck breast and duck confit ravioli for dinner. No dessert because dinner was just too delicious. The entire experience was wonderful. I can't wait to go back next time I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always. RKPMG0240VIPDined on 4/5/2014Outstanding as always. RK has never disappointed us. Food & drink selection is fantastic. Wait staff & bartenders attentive. RK is located within a short walk to Boston theater district; our go to restaurant before a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceMedicChieffDined on 4/5/2014Went into Boston for dinner and a show with the wife. While we frequent Boston, we had never eaten at the Rustic Kitchen despuite it being next to the Law Scho0ol our youngest graudated from. With tickets to a show at the Wang, we made reservations at Rustic Kitchen to benefit from the short walk to the show. Glad we did. The setting, customer service and food was fantastic at a very reasonable price. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoBlackhawksVIPDined on 4/5/2014The courtyard is nice and quiet and the menu was varied and well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was the perfect spot forLaLaDined on 4/4/2014It was the perfect spot for our dsughter's birthday. Lina was awesome, Katrina very helpful, and overall great presentation of good and everyone happy with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Kitchen at its BESTCelebrationDined on 4/4/2014Superior ambiance with a relaxing, romantic setting. Any seat is a good choice here, but our favorite is the half moon booth. The sangria was tasty and a perfect match to any meal. The food was outstanding- the beet salad was unbelievable- it will be a choice next time we visit. The presentation of the food was impressive. We had a reservation for 6:45, showed up a little early-no problem... They seated us right away. We will definitely return due to the kind and professional waitstaff as well as the efficient service. Thumbs up to the Rustic Kitchen!!!Special Features:
- great anniversary mealanniversarydinnerDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary by seeing the book of Mormon at the Boston opera house. We wanted to eat close to the theater district. After looking on trip advisor and yelp we decided to do toThe Rustic Kitchen. I'm so glad we did. Our waitress (I'm blanking on her name but she was from Cape Cod and very sweet) gave us plenty of thine and space to make decisions but also gave her opinion when we asked. We had the fried oysters appetizer which was fabulous. It had a little kick but was served on a shell with a cool bed of Cole slaw so as to keep the heat down. I ordered the Short rib stroganoff. Wow, delicious, creamy Papadelli pasta with melt i.e. your mouth short rib meat_ no bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looked good on paper but meh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2014Nice place for pre-theater dinner, service was very good, drinks good, salads good. Wasn't impressed with entrees. My husband ordered a steak medium rare. Came out medium the first time. No trouble sending it back, but second one came out very rare. He gave up and ate around the almost raw part in the middle. He thought the accompanying truffle fries were ok, but I thought they weren't a very good texture and just tasted oily, as if the oil wasn't hot enough. Mushroom tortellini had very good sauce and flavors, but was undercooked and the portion seemed a bit small. Maybe we were unlucky, but since we don't eat around there often and there are lots of other places to try we're unlikely to give it a do-over.
- Excellent filet!TenpinktoesDined on 4/3/2014Came here for a business meeting and the food and service was outstanding. The oysters were great too! We didn't know anything about the cooking show but it seemed interesting. My filet was tender and cooked perfect. Mashed potatoes were flavorful too. Not many customers on a weeknight but we were very happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotMajorDined on 3/29/2014Party of four on a Saturday evening. Very nice. Comfortable atmosphere, knowledgable and friendly serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic kitchen for dinner 3/29/2014annie0045Dined on 3/29/2014The fresh home made pasta is to die for. I had the shrimp and artichoke dish with fresh pasta. very good and the bread with pureed white bean and garlic in olive oil was the dipping oil for the delicious warm bread they served. I would visit this restaraunt again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing rustic about it.JohnODined on 3/29/2014The Rustic Kitchen is a perfect spot for dining before attending any of the shows in the theater district. It's reasonably priced, offers a variety of menu options, and has excellent servcice. Our party of four had differernt meals and they were all very well done and thoroughly enjoyable. The service was as warm, friendly, and attentive in every way and a real plus. I can't imagine the quality of the food and the service varying very much so the Rustic Kitchen is a definite must try for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to go before a showJennDined on 3/28/2014I selected this restaurant because it was close to the show we were scheduled to see. I was pleasantly surprised with the innovative menu items, great service and interesting decor. I loved the flower-bloom light fixturesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!rcs249VIPDined on 3/28/2014I can't believe we hadn't gone sooner to this great theater district restaurant. Absolutely delicious appetizers and entrees, really fun environment and they were filming the cooking show just after we finished eating so it made it that much more fun. Have gone back since and it was just equally as good. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- DeliciousguestDined on 3/27/2014Great place to have dinner before a show. The appetizers were a meal in themselves. The tuna tartare was the best I ever had. Presentation of the food was genius. I look forward to sampling more from the menu. Excellent martini, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheesecake Factory decorWilliamDined on 3/22/2014Very loud, and the "ambience" is reminiscent of a chain like Cheesecake Factory. Service was great, food was pretty good. But the overall experience left me a little "meh..."