210 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 617-423-5700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private function space. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Stellato 6174235700x
- Entertainment: Home of "The Cooking Show" airing now on Xfinity! Every Friday evening live from our broadcast kitchen studio, Chef Liz Bramwell hosts an intimate and lively live cooking show for 22 guests. Tickets must be bought in advance @ www.TheCookingShow.tv
- Special Events: Call for more information
A word from Rustic Kitchen
Rustic Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style Bistro. Our menus are crafted with local and seasonal items that are always prepared fresh daily in a friendly and comfortable bistro-style setting.Continued
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
To allow for a proper dining experience please make your Friday and Saturday resevation two hours in advance of a theater show time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustic Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (35)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good for a groupBeckyDined on 7/17/2014It was suprisingly easy for them to accomodate my group of 6 for a mid-week lunch. Our waiter was great, dealing competently with a variety of special requests. I always enjoy the ambiance at Rustic Kitchen.Special Features:
- DenschoDined on 7/12/2014We have been to the Rustic Kitchen 4 times and each time have tried something different and have never been disapointed. Our server Kelly was a joy, attentive and very helpful with the choice. To bad you couldn't use our extra Phantom ticket. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not good either...CyndythDined on 7/5/2014Ate here with my husband for a special night out away from the kids, etc. We took the advice to book extra early for an 8 p.m show nearby, so booked for 5:15. The place was nearly empty! Service was excellent however, accommodating, familiar with the menu, helpful and friendly. Decent wine selection and the hubs appreciated the rum recommendations. Appetizer of calamari was good. The bad: my dish of a ravioli with pancetta and figs was WAY over salted. I like salt, but it was over the top and I was not able to finish it. I was very surprised. The hubs was happy with his dish though.Special Features:
- FoodAlfongsDined on 7/4/2014we disliked the food, the fish was not fresh, the pasta already 3 days old and the meat loaf days old, never again!Special Features:
- Great timeHungryRuggerDined on 7/4/2014Rustic Kitchen knocked it out of the park. Above standard service (thanks Jamie), terrific food (we had the lobster carbonara, fig and ? tortellini and Italian spring rolls) and the music was awesome. Will be back with friends for certain, an awesome time start to finish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time at Rustic Kitchen. The menu looked great-there were so many tempting options. The food was delicious and very hot. Both of our meals were very good and portions were large. We wended up bringing some home. Service was very good. The only strange thing was that the restaurant was very empty for a Saturday night at 8pm. It felt kind of strange. Food was excellent!
- Excellent food - spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014This was our 3rd stop at Rustic Kitchen. The first time, we didn't have a reservation, but were able to sit at the bar (full menu available). On our most recent visit, we had a reservation for 6:00. We ended up arriving quite early (5:30) and we were seated immediately. As usual, the food was excellent - we had mozzarella burrata and veal meatballs for appetizers; roasted duck breast, fig & walnut ravioli, roasted salmon, and a cheeseburger (for my son) for dinner; we shared desserts of creme brulee and chocolate mousse cake. The service was very good, but a bit slow at times. We finished our appetizers and dinner about 45 minutes after we were seated, but then spent another 45 minutes waiting to order and eat our dessert.Special Features:
- The following 1098 reviews are from the Rustic Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great comfort foodHenryserDined on 6/21/2014After a beautiful day walking around Boston taking in the sites the Rustic Kitchen was a perfect spot to chill and enjoy. Our meal was very good, delicious salads, appetizers, great pasta dishes all complemented with a very nice Spanish wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealFreeformjazzodysseyDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant is greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2014The room is small, but very pretty. Service was great and the food was delicious. Interesting, diverse lunch menu -- relaxing and yummy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014I was so dissappointed after many visits to this establishment. I got the meatloaf, which is usally excellent. It was like mush. Don't know what happened. My other guests enjoyed their meals though.Special Features:
- A good theatre district choiceFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have dined here several times with friends. The food is consistently good and nicely presented. The menu is varied and offers something for everyone. My only suggestion would be to ask for a table away from the bar. We were seated in there (after having made a reservation), and it was very loud. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChocolateMousseDined on 6/7/2014For my first visit to Rustic Kitchen, I enjoyed the salmon while friends had scallops and pasta dishes. The arrancini that came with the salmon were delicious but a bit heavy. Ditto risotto that accompanied the scallops. (It was 80 degrees that night; would be nice for the Kitchen to have a lighter summer menu). Server was very attentive. Drinks were creative (blueberry sweet tea). At least one group was nearby, but noise was minimal. Did not try appetizers or desserts. Would return again.Special Features:
- Late Sunday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014We went for a late Sunday lunch; restaurant was empty so no problem with noise or service. Roasted pear salad topped with grilled salmon was outstanding. Person who ordered a gimlet wasn't happy with it, but didn't say so until after we left, so there was no opportunity for the bar to fix it. I'd go back and would like to try dinner some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything went wellAndyHVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was all delicious and sizes were adequate but not ostentatious. The service was incredible; very much better than average. The wines are reasonably priced. The area was spacious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/21/2014The food was okay. The salmon on my salad was dry. Not great! The service was excellent! Our server was very attentive to our needs. My water glass was filled every time it was empty without having to ask.Special Features:
- Great findlrudy9Dined on 5/17/2014We found this place randomly on Open Table and decided that it seemed interesting. I am a total foodie so I am always looking for a creative menu and this place definitely meets that criteria. We all tried different dishes and everyone enjoyed theirs. They also had a great selection of desserts.Special Features:
- Very happy1bostonianDined on 5/17/2014Made a reservation for a group of 6, we all had a lovely night. The food was great and the atmosphere was fun/fine dining. The only possible downside is if your party is trying to get in and out quickly, the staff is in no rush, so I wouldn't recommend it as a "quick bite before a show" but otherwise I was very happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation LunchCandace12684Dined on 5/17/2014I booked a reservation for 6 after my graduation ceremony, the restaurant itself wasn't busy, the food was excellent, the server was incredibly accommodating, allowing my sister to order off of the dinner menu even though it was brunch. The house infused vodkas are also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outlovethisplaceDined on 5/16/2014My sisters and I went to see Il Divo on Friday evening and decided to go to Rustic Kitchen for dinner before the show. We did have reservations however we were running late because of traffic and our limo driver decided to take the scenic route. Even though we arrived a half hour later than expected the staff took it in stride and sat us right down when we arrived. We notified our server that we had to be out for a 7:30 PM show and they did everything they needed to in order to get us out in time. We never felt rushed and the food was excellent. We even had time for coffee and dessert which was phenomenal!Special Features:
- 1st visit/Great experienceCharlieDined on 5/16/2014We were looking for something close to the theater, with good food, nice wine options, not to be rushed - but to be out in time for the show. Rustic Kitchen delivered on all accounts. Reasonably priced as well $200 including tip for 3...drink, wine, shared app & salad, and entrees. Service was impeccable. Loved the scallops!Special Features:
- Okay meal but way overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2014I made a reservation for a group of four before a concert on a Friday night. We were greeted warmly and taken to a great table. Once looking at the menu, I was surprised at the prices for basic pasta dishes. I had been there years before, and the great thing about Rustic Kitchen was that it was a beautiful place to eat the prices were reasonable. I guess they are going in a different direction or trying to attract a different kind of customer. I ordered a pasta dish and was shocked at the small amount that I received for my meal. For $23, I should be getting more that what was on my plate. Overall, the meal was okay, but for the price we paid, I could have gotten a much better meal for half the price somewhere nicer.Special Features:
- AwesomeLianaDined on 5/10/2014Amazing food! Great ambiance. Huge portions. I will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for theatre-goersdoctordeeDined on 5/10/2014My brother and I dined at the Rustic Kitchen while my daughters were seeing a show at the Royale. It's a fantastic location for theatre-goers -- we had drinks at the Four Seasons first, and coffee at Finale after, and were only a 5-10 minute walk away from everything. We had a great waiter, who steered us in the right direction on every choice. We split a wedge salad, which we both enjoyed, and we both had pasta dishes: beef stroganoff and the butternut squash mezzaluna, which was a lovely combination of flavors. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere festive and warm, and we had a lovely experience. Will go back!Special Features:
- LOVE Rustic KitcheneaclarkDined on 5/10/2014The rustic kitchen never disappoints, and I am already looking forward to to visiting again. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu, but I have a special affinity for their cheese burger.Special Features:
- Pre-show dinnerSouthieDinerDined on 5/10/2014We were attending a show at 8 pm and wanted to eat nearby. Rustic Kitchen was 3 blocks from the Wang Theater, and we parked in the garage next door with validation as well. We had requested a table away from bus stations and bathrooms (we have bad luck that way). When we arrived, the hostess had received our request and accommodated. The waitor was attentive, though he forgot to mention specials, and had to look them up when we asked. We had oysters and fried calamari to start, both were delicious and fresh. My husband had the short rib stroganoff, which the waiter said was one of their best and it was great. My stuffed haddock was also yummy as were the desserts. Only complaint was the noise level, too loud to talk, music level unnecessarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-(& post-)Theater mealHoofItDined on 5/10/2014Our family of 4 were tight on time ahead of a show at Wilbur Theatre but the server was very accommodating, the drinks and tasty food came quickly (as we had asked). We returned for tasty desserts after the show and it was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BizDevGalVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great place; we'll go back. Our waiter seemed too busy and also seemed new on the job and was not very attentive but you could see others were on the ball. Excellent food and great bar area with plenty of tables as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Memorable MealBeijosDotVIPDined on 5/5/2014We recently enjoyed dinner here with a group of six. Good service, excellent wine list and inventive cocktails. Homemade pasta was fantastic--fettuccini alfredo was not too heavy--just right. Pizzas were good though not outstanding--not particularly flavorful. The prosciutto/goat cheese/fig had a very bitter drizzle on it (the figs? balsamic?) that ruined the overall flavor. Mussels, duck confit ravioli, pear salad were all perfectly edible but not memorable. Ravioli a bit mushy, roasted pears a bit hard and dry.Special Features:
- AwesomeNeverEatsOutDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I had date night (first one in awhile) ad Rustic Kitchen was recommended by a friend. We were early as they couldn't seat us until our reservation time. Which was fine so we had a drink at the bar. When our table was ready we had this round booth that was kind of secluded. Only problem it was looking onto several large tables of bachelorette parties. It was kind of noisey but no problem, the service and food were wonderful. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!Nonnie23Dined on 5/3/2014The rustic kitchen exceeded our expectations, everything was wonderful, would definitely return!Special Features:
- Good selection of pastaSAFoodieVIPDined on 5/1/2014We had a party of four. There was a nice variety of pasta, albeit heavy on cream-based pastas. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Great place to go before or after a theater show.
- Nice dinner! But a few ideas...eatituprightnowDined on 4/26/2014Our party was 7 people, and we were given a private room with large table, suitable for up to 16 people. The privacy was nice, but would have been good to have a smaller table in the open. The entrees were all quite good, but there were a few complaints on appetizers/deserts: overly spicy calamari (people just need to be aware of this, it might be what they want), and the creme brulee was kind of watery/loose. LOVED the coconut lime ice cream. And our server was very pleasant/helpful.Special Features:
- Will not be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was so - so. Waiter recommended the pasta, ordered baked rigatoni - came out in a skillet on dry side. We were two and once the place started to fill up with larger parties the waiter was not to be found. The décor was outstanding, very nice - just need to work on the food and service.
- so-soredbicycleDined on 4/26/2014The food here is nothing special as far as I can tell. My friend liked his a lot (lobster bisque with lobster roll) but I had the southwestern chicken salad which was mainly dressing drenched iceberg lettuce and flavorless chicken. Maybe their pizzas are really good and I just ordered wrong. However, our service wasn't great and there was a hair in my food. So, there's that.Special Features:
- DinnerDinnerdateDined on 4/25/2014When staying at Revere it was the perfect place to dine. Dinner was good from the wine to the appetizer through dinner.Special Features:
- Nice pre-theater optionconcmaDined on 4/23/2014The service was excellent and the restaurant is lovely. The menu has lots of good options, although some prices were out of whack. The food didn't meet our expectations but was fine overall. The homemade pasta is was tasty, but the sauces were a bit sweet and the combo of ingredients a bit muddled. The burrata appetizer, for example, was too cold so it didn't have that oozy goodness that it should have had. The duck ravioli and the short rib pasta dishes were too sweet. But overall, we enjoyed our visit and would go again. I might just order less ambitious dishes.Special Features:
- Marathon meals26pt2runnerVIPDined on 4/21/2014We were in town to run Boston and stayed nearby. We dined at Rustic Kitchen for one evening dinner and twice at lunch. We enjoyed both menu's - the lunch menu is actually quite interesting and varied as compared to others nearby. All of our meals were quite fabulous and we went away content each time. Great service, fair prices (we think) and nicely crafted menu options. We will return next year!Special Features:
- Cool place, ok food this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Love this place, but the brunch was not too impressive. Quick to receive food, but it was luke warm. french toast seemed like older bread, not great flavor. Slower service and it wasnt that busy, granted we were later in the Easter Day. I would stick with this place, but just for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.