Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd
Enumclaw, WA 98022Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://crystalmountainresort.com/Summer-Activities/Summit-House
- Phone: 3606633085x
- Hours of Operation:
The Summit House is open daily for lunch from 10:30 am to 4:45 pm Sunday through Thursday, 10:30 am to 7 pm Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
A word from Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
The Summit House is Washington state’s highest elevation restaurant. It is perched at the top of Crystal Mountain Resort at 6,872' and is accessed by the Mt. Rainier Gondola. The menu features local ingredients and is inspired by both Pacific Northwest and Global Alpine cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Enumclaw ›
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (272)great for outdoor dining (184)great for lunch (177)special occasion (146)romantic (74)kid-friendly (71)good for groups (53)great for brunch (52)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (12)hot spot (12)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great view horrible foodKRKRDined on 8/10/2014The view from the too was beautiful, and definatly worth the trip up the gondola. The food was horrible. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich that tasted like it came from a school cafeteria. The fries are similar to mcdonalds. Way over priced and not worth it. I would recommend just having a drink and enjoying the view.Special Features:
- Best place to visitNewYorker1Dined on 8/9/2014Best place to visit & dinner........................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerLuvtodineDined on 8/9/2014The views are amazing........ For the last 3 years we have visited the Summit House for our Anniversary. This year our experience was much less than exceptional as our previous visits were. To start the hostess spoke on the phone as several people waited to be seated. Our food arrived promptly and my salmon was cold. There was a wedding the same day and the service staff was rushing us through our meal trying to get us out of the restaurant. When you pay $$$ - $$$$ price range the last thing you expect is poor service and to be rushed through a meal.Special Features:
- Gluten Free with a view2gfgwithviewDined on 8/9/2014We had a fantastic time here. View was amazing. All staff were incredibly helpful. Food was very good. Gluten free options were marked on the menu. I however wanted a chicken burger so asked for the burger without the bun, I was pleasantly surprised when the waitress informed me they did have gluten free buns! We had a beautiful window seat with mountain view, were not hurried and service was prompt. Would highly recommend to all.Special Features:
- Exceptional View & Great FoodPDXPeopleDined on 8/9/2014On a clear day, the only other restaurant in the Pacific NW that might be able to give this amazing of a view would be SkyCity at the Space Needle in Seattle. In addition to a great view, our food (Grilled Chix & Brie (me) and Strawberry Pear Spinach Salad (wife)) was excellent - very fresh and exactly as advertised on their menu. The price wasn't too bad, keeping in mind the location - our bill was $75 before tip for the two entrees, two drinks, and two desserts (which were awesome). I strongly suggest reservations on clear, weekend days, - on Saturday, 8/9/14 at 3pm (a clear day), wait times were 90 minutes+ for those w/o reservations. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a combo of great food & a fabulous view.Special Features:
- underwhelmingfirstdateDined on 8/8/2014After reading the menu online and seeing how unique a setting I thought this would make a memorable first date. The gondola was spectacular and the day was so clear so the setting was perfect. Our table was in a great spot able to take in how awesome the views are. We ordered coffee and when it was delivered our waitress mentioned it had grounds in it and would be happy to get another cup if that was not OK. I was shocked! After this I began to look at the general cleanliness of the the dining area. We had a couple flies in our window...Our orders came and must say after the 2 he drive and $22 per rider up the gondola I expected more. It was displayed well but the eye test did not meet the taste test. Dessert saved the day and experience!Special Features:
- Love the Summit!!!LUVDINEDined on 8/8/2014My husband made reservation for us to go to the summit house on our 17th wedding anniversary. The gondola ride up was so cool and the people working at the restaurant were so wonderful, and let us sit outside on the patio. Food was wonderful and promptly served, had a great time all while setting right in the shadow of Mount Rainier! Would recommend this experience to anyone. Sonja ChoateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We took our niece up to the summit and stayed for lunch. A memorable meal and dining experience. My husband and I will return for the sunset dinner soon. The wait staff was most attentive and friendly. Coming from a service background I give them the highest praise. Highly recommend it!! Jack and Vicki AngusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!DSSMDDined on 8/8/2014The food was delicious and the scenery breath-taking! Each of the five people in our party ordered something different for lunch, then shared and everyone agreed that the food was great! The steaks were cooked to perfection and the food was served at the proper temperature. Making a reservation is certainly recommended as the lady in front of us was told there would be a 35 minute wait; however, we had reservations and were shown to our table with a wonderful view of Mt. Rainier! A fun day trip!Special Features:
- good food and awesome view.Calvin14Dined on 8/8/2014In my opinion, it is not a establishment for children due to the items on the menu. IE grilled cheese, hot dogs or chicken strips. The Blue cheese martini was a little strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breath taking viewscout637Dined on 8/8/2014Priced very well. I will definitely be back. Very good place for eating outside if weather permits. The gondola ride makes this dinning experience very unique an unmatched. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view rulesgdt1VIPDined on 8/7/2014With a glass of wine and the right company it's magnificent . The food is surprisingly goodSpecial Features:
- Great View and Fooddjt4Dined on 8/6/2014The view of Mt. Rainier is amazing and the food was outstanding too.Special Features:
- Breath taking view!BirthdayTripDined on 8/6/2014The view was awesome, the wait staff was great and the food was an 8 out of 10. A little pricey for the type of food served, but overall a great way to spend a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014A Gondra ride was expensive, but the view was sweeping! The taste at the Summit Cafe was very good. The chef is very creative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy SummitAntiquehowseDined on 8/6/2014We made reservations for the Summit House for lunch. Ride up was great and the view form the patio was amazing on a clear day. However, that is the highlight. Service was agonizingly slow. Order hot tea and the water was not hot enough to brew and we did that twice with no luck. That took 20 minutes each time. Eventually we were able to place an order, again a long wait. Once served I asked for salt. It never came and after 10 minutes, I went and got it myself. Meal was expensive for the quantity. It did taste good and we were so hungry by the time it arrived, that probably helped. At no time did any management person stop by and ask for our thoughts on the meal. Great view, horrid service, under staffed!Special Features:
- sunnygirlDined on 8/6/2014Perfect place to bring out of town guests. Makes for a great day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the viewDjrjrVIPDined on 8/6/2014The view and the experience make this worth a visit.Special Features:
- For my husbands birthday . . .realisticexpectationsDined on 8/4/2014First of all our waitress was outstanding and made our visit very enjoyable! On the food, I checked very good, only because there was no fish and chips, so I ordered a Cesar salad with chicken. There was a $6 up charge for chicken! That's a huge up charge! For service, I checked 'fair' because the second we arrived, we were 'greeted', and I'm not kidding you, the instant we walked through the door way we were told by the manager(?), that there was a 15 minute grace period and we had missed it, not made it in time, but that he would graciously allow us to be seated! I said it was just now 5pm(it was Monday the 4th, my husbands birthday). He argued with me, but said he'd allow us to be seated, WOW! Very disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crystal Mountain Summit House.MrBillOhNoooDined on 8/4/2014I took my wife there for her birthday becaue she loves Mount Rainier and there is a wonderful view of it from here. We both had the filet mignon which comes with fries (never saw that combo before) and it did not resemble any filet mignon I have ever had before. I expected a tender morsel wrapped in bacon but not this time. The taste was fair but it was tough and my mouth got tired chewing. Seriously. There was another table who came after us and were finished before we were and my wife said it was because they didn't have so spend all that time chewing their steaks. The view was fantastic and everyone was very nice. We enjoyed the gondola ride immensely.Special Features:
- Amazing View but Questionable FoodSouthernDined on 8/4/2014The cost of the ride up the mountain was pricey at $22 per person, but the view was amazing at the top. The restaurant staff was great and very friendly, however neither of our appetizers never showed up and apparently the waitress forgot to put them in. The pasta was very flavorful and excellent. The mango salsa on the salmon was great, but the salmon itself was very dry and overcooked. I got a small steak as an add on which was supposed to be cooked medium but it was very over cooked (no pink at all), dry and tough to eat. We sat in the corner by the window so we could have a romantic view of the mountains but the two windows were covered in flies. I counted over 15 at one point. The front door kept slamming shut, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good food, ok servicegrishacatDined on 8/3/2014Obviously the ace in the hole for this place is the view of Mt Ranier. The food was good, a bit pricey but understandable for it being on a mountain ridge. I had halibut chips and they were good, typical. My wife had the cioppino and really liked it, its one of her favorite dishes. What kind of annoyed me was their reservations practices. Their web page, FB page etc all stress the need for reservations. We had them but were seated outside early, which was nice. But when we asked if we could move from the sun to a different spot, we were told "no, because of all the walkins and reservations." They could have easily sat 2-3 times the number of people that were there. OpenTable notified us that we were a no-show, which was a bit insulting.Special Features:
- Great time but^!Great2goCDined on 8/3/2014Had a great time, food and view are awesome. Only issue was with the hostess. We had reservations for 3:15, so we went into restaurant about 3:00, there was no line and only one couple waiting. Hostess said we have to wait until 3:15, there were several tables inside and out open so thought that was little strange. We stepped outside for a couple minutes and came back in about 3:12, she stood there looking at us until exactly 3:15 before taking us to a table. Like there was going to be a mad rush in those 3 minutes. Felt she was rude in the way she talked and made us wait. After that everything else was great, very nice place and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellant all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Cocktails, food, service, view....fantastic! Terrific way to spend the afternoon in the NW! (but we already new that)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectZombieGumDined on 8/3/2014I had been told by many a friend that the Summit House was over-priced and the food wasn't up to par with the cost. I disagree. Although, I did go in there expecting to pay for elevation inflation, that being said, 2 entrees, an appetizer, 1 soda and a citrus honey fizz drink came out to be about $60. I had a good time and would like to eat up there again. I suggest anyone to try it if you like amazing views and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning views, tasty eatsmtmwritesDined on 8/3/2014We went with our two kids (10 and 5) and my parents after riding up in the gondola. It was a clear, blue sky day so the views of Mt. Rainier were stunning. We arrived on the mountain top around 1:20 and had a reservation at the restaurant for 3pm so enjoyed a leisurely hike along the wide trail spanning the top of the hills. We then headed to the restaurant and were seated outside under an umbrella which was perfect for the hot day. I especially loved the fresh ginger lemonade and quinoa salad. My parents enjoyed their Rainier burgers but felt they could have shared one. They are huge! The truffle fries are also delicious. Friendly staff for sure. An all over fantastic dining experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful place with a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed our gondola ride up. The food and service really compliment the view.Special Features:
- locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I guess if it wasn't 6000 ft I would've not visited the place. Ordered file mignon, got steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summit House RestaurantTexasVisitorDined on 8/3/2014The gondola ride up to Crystal Mountain Summit was very scenic and breath-taking at the top. The view of Mt. Rainier is spectacular! Being able to sit on the patio of the Summit House Restaurant and take in the beautiful scenery while enjoying great food made the trip well worth it. The staff of the Summit House were friendly and attentive. The food was very tasty and portions were more than adequate. The patio is also "Pet-Friendly'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014The food was good, but not as flavorful as the menu descriptions sounded. Great fries though. The view and the ride up and just to have a chance to hang out up there was worth the price. Was no problem for my elderly mother, so was happy to be able to take her up there and experience the beauty. Also was great to be able to bring my dog into the outside eating area so she was safe while we ate.Special Features:
- Summit House, Crystal Mountain, WAfuntimeinsummerDined on 8/2/2014This is a fun place to go. It is a ski lodge restaurant with a limited, but delicious menu. The young people running the place are very friendly and the service is good. The Gondola ride up makes it a fun event, but adds about $22.00 per person to the bill. You can also hike up if you'd like. You need a reservation. Also, make sure they understand that you kept your reservation! We were labeled as a no show, because we paid cash. They seated us 15 minutes early and we told them our name. Otherwise, a wonderful outing.Special Features:
- Open table Blew it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Made a reservation one week in advance and got to the resturant which we drove 2 hours for and they did not have a reservation for us, they said this happens all the time with open table!!! YikesSpecial Features:
- cannot beat the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014It's expensive in that 'restaurant at the top of a ski slope' way (aka they can charge top of scale due to no competition). Overall food was good. People were nice, and the view is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain Top View-Basement FoodJosephDined on 8/2/2014The service staff was inexperienced and the food took great advantage of the stellar views because it was little to look at and even less to taste. The ginger-ale was house-made and the only standout.Special Features:
- Uniquely Majesticgr8eatsDined on 8/1/2014I've lived near Mt. Rainier (Federal Way) for over a year. As a newcomer, I wonder if I'll ever get used to the majesty and grandeur of that mountain, from any view. Summit House from Crystal Valley Resort via gondola (or a 3-hour hike) is the perfect way to enjoy great food and stunning up-close views of Mt. Rainier. Lunch on the outdoor patio on a sunny early August day - terrific food! Generous portions and specialty foods - the fish & chips were outstanding and the chicken salad sandwich with pecans, blue cheese crumbles, and cherries (Rainier of course) was delicious. Be sure to try the home-made ginger ale (not carbonated, much like lemonade with a ginger explosion). Sure to become a regular spot on return visits to the mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014It was a very pleasant experience. I have recommended to several people.Special Features:
- EVERYONE SHOULD EXPERIENCEWONDERFULDined on 7/31/2014THE RIDE UP THE GONDOLA PLUS, SCENIC VIEW AND THE FOOD SEVICE / TASTE WERE WELL WORTH THE TRIP!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular settingrbsailingDined on 7/31/2014Cannot beat the view! Very busy place. Courteous staff if a little slow at times. Good food with generous helpings but selections not necessarily for the super health conscious. Ride to the restaurant on the gondola was easy, comfortable and fun. Plenty to do while waiting for table if you arrive early. Strongly advise a reservation as the waiting line was long.Special Features:
- Awesome view!BrendaBedfordDined on 7/29/2014Truffle garlic fries were great. The view is truly outstanding. Even with the doors open, it was quite hot at dinner time with flies and bees, even had a chipmunk visit the table. Wish there was a way to block out some of the sun without blocking the view. Water was served without ice.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view!bankcraftDined on 7/29/2014We visited on a very busy sunny summer day. Fortunately, we had made reservations and were seated right away. Others who did not reserve in advance had hour-plus wait times. Make a reservation! A number of reviews said the meals had small portions. We did not find that to be the case at all. My sandwich and my wife's fish and chips plate were huge and very good. Some reviewers have complained about the prices. We did not find the prices to be out of line given the location. This is not a drive-thru fast food joint -- it is a very nice niche restaurant, and I would expect to pay a little more for good food and good service in an awesome location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.