Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd
Enumclaw, WA 98022Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://crystalmountainresort.com/Summer-Activities/Summit-House
- Phone: 3606633085x
- Hours of Operation:
The Summit House is open daily for lunch from 10:30 am to 4:45 pm Sunday through Thursday, 10:30 am to 7 pm Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wine
A word from Summit House Restaurant - Seattle
The Summit House is Washington state’s highest elevation restaurant. It is perched at the top of Crystal Mountain Resort at 6,872' and is accessed by the Mt. Rainier Gondola. The menu features local ingredients and is inspired by both Pacific Northwest and Global Alpine cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Enumclaw ›
Summit House Restaurant - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (273)great for outdoor dining (185)great for lunch (178)special occasion (147)romantic (74)kid-friendly (72)good for groups (54)great for brunch (53)fit for foodies (38)hot spot (13)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Where's Brunch?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Really enjoyed the experience at Summit House with great service and food. However, we had made the reservation with the expectation of eating brunch, not realizing you only serve lunch now. This was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Mediocre FoodLindyDined on 8/23/2014We had to send back our $12 truffle fries. They were barely warm and tasted old. When they came back you cold see the oil on them and they were warmer but they still tasted old. Not much truffle flavor either. The food felt like Denny's. The descriptions were good but the actual food doesn't measure up. One person in our group liked the clams. Don't waste time on watermelon salad, quinoa salad, or steak. The steak was supposed to be a filet but they had changed to flank steak. The server was excellent and very professional. We did have good wine. We saw a giant burger go by so maybe that would be good. The view is spectacular so if you don't mind not having great food order up. If you want good food pack your own.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Since this restaurant is at the top of the gondola at Crystal Mountain Ski Resort, my expectations were actually fairly low. The food was quite good - a bit pricey, but not unexpectedly so. The service was a little harried; the waiter did not remember what drink I ordered and started to take the food to the wrong table. The view, of course, is incredible.Special Features:
- summit houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Service was wonderful. My salmon had to be sent back; was raw. They fixed the issue right away, "even the chef came out and apologized and made it right. Our waitress made sure we were satisfied and thru in a couple items for our minor issue. Main door needs to be fixed; every time it would shut it sounded like a big base on drums going offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensivecarmencsDined on 8/23/2014Steak wasn't very good,fries cold. waitress forgot our drinks and when asked about drinks she got upset will bring picnic dinner next time.
- Can't beat the view at Summit HouseWhittersonDined on 8/23/2014If you have out of town guests and want to get them out of the city, I would definitely recommend the Summit House at the Crystal Mountain Resort. They have a good variety of food and you can choose to sit indoors or outdoors - either way, you have a great view of Mount Rainier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014An excellent experience. How can you beat eating while facing one of the most fantastic mountain views on earth? The weather was perfect for an outdoor meal. Inside would have been okay had the weather turned bad though. Food was good and fairly priced. Service was great. Recommended for anyone for a special occasion. The price of the gondola ticket makes it a bit of a pricey meal experience, but as an afternoon excursion for great sightseeing, plus something to eat during, it was well worth it.Special Features:
- The SummitPyrolaDined on 8/23/2014Awesome views of Mt Rainer and bird eye of the surrounding peaks and valley. 75% of the seating are excellent .The ride to top Is smooth and pleasant A treat for the whole family..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it for the viewSmallwhitedogsDined on 8/23/2014You certainly pay for the view! I think it's worth it though. The food was not spectacular, but good enough. Horrible beer selection though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular viewnotyetaseniorcitizenDined on 8/22/2014Read all the bad reviews just before we ready to go so was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food. Of course, the best part of this restaurant is the spectacular view. I am world-traveled and this restaurant is the best I've ever been to for views. I wish I could attach the photos taken. A fog rolled in that made the sunset even more ethereal and beautiful. Our service was prompt and friendly. I had a nice salmon entree for about $24 which I thought was reasonably priced. The gondola could be a lot cheaper = $22. What is with the high prices for these things?Special Features:
- Ready to drop bucks for dinner?Food4thoughtDined on 8/22/2014It will cost you $44 just to get up to the summit house for dinner. Something to factor in to eat there. Food was good but rushed and almost all of it came out at once. We were they to to leave about 8:30. Can't beat the view and experience though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adventure worth waiting forfoodadventureDined on 8/22/2014The special was good. The atmosphere and view were outstanding. Fun event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a clear day, you can see forevernewchef1Dined on 8/22/2014You'd think a restaurant with a captive audience at the top of a mountain looking across at majestic Mt. Rainier would have food as an afterthought, and ridiculous prices. Not at Summit House Restaurant! Very good food, especially if you combine a nice salad with the 4oz filet or chicken for $4 extra....about $15 total! Nice choices, reasonable prices given the location, quick and friendly service. But make a reservation if you can...the place is packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious at the Summet HouseJollydinerDined on 8/22/2014Our first time visit at the Summit House Restaurant was one we will never forget. The view was fantastic; the service was excellent and the food was extremely good. Although we ate inside, there was an outside eating area that was just as good. It was a bit pricy but worth every dollar spent. You would truly cheat yourself out of an excellent experience if you did not dine at the Summit House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staffWonderfulDined on 8/21/2014Super friendly staff. The salmon was prepared to perfection and the view goes whithout sayingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every wayluvbeingnativeDined on 8/21/2014I was entertaining a guest from NYC and wanted something different so I booked lunch at the Summit. Everything was better than I planned. Excellent experience on the gondola, excellent weather, excellent views of Mt. Rainier & Mt. Adams - an overall wonderful experience. Good food, good service. What more could I ask.Special Features:
- bevajaneDined on 8/18/2014Great weather didn't hurt this outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Maybe the best restaurant view in the state! Good food and good service in a beautiful unique setting/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 18th, 2014 Horrible FoodMaggieJimDined on 8/18/2014We had reservations at 1:00 and we were wonderfully received by your Hostess, Paula. While waiting, there were several people turned down that did not have reservations saying that they were totally booked. We met a family that flew 15 hrs from Dubai and I asked Paula if there was any way that they could be seated with us. She went well out of her way to find them and got them and we sat outside. Trust me when I say, there were plenty of spots to be filled. Serena?? Was a fabulous server!!!We ordered the fish and chips and the fish was like rubber and the Tomato basil soup was not eaten by the girls!! How embarrassing to the family of Khalid Alsubal and family.
- Arrest warrantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014My wife enjoyed her steak frites; I felt that the bruschetta was so awful -quarter-sized bits of bread,not toasted, no olive oil, more lettuce than basil - that if there were a food police it would likely be charged with being an imposter. But the ride up and the sensational view make the place somewhere I'd go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the view.islaygirlDined on 8/17/2014So, let's be honest here, if you're up at the Summit House, you've just spent at least $22 on a gondola ride, if not a whole lot more on a lift ticket. Once you surrender to the cost and just remind yourself it's worth it for the view, it goes down a lot easier. The menu is varied and the food was better than average. The drinks were pricey and not generously poured, so maybe stick with the wine. Overall, the food isn't going to blow you away, but the breathtaking view makes it all worth it. If you're going in the summer, it's worth the wait to be seated outside.Special Features:
- gorgeous view!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014This is an amazing experience! Great food, and an Outstanding view! The staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceJAM2507Dined on 8/17/2014We were a party of 6. We were promptly seated at our reservation time. The food was very, very good. However, we had to wait a very long time for it - was nearly an hour after we were seated that our orders finally arrived! The drink orders didn't arrive very promptly either. Would've been understandable if all tables inside and on the outside patio were full, but that was not the case. There were many empty tables in both locations.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMemorymakerDined on 8/17/2014This combo of the Gondola ride and lunch at the Summit House was amazing! Fun, great food, great service, beautiful view! We have already recommended it to a lot of our friends and it's only been two days since we were there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lost its ratingyuckDined on 8/16/2014We went to the summit house two years ago and the food, service, wine list and everything that would make it a 4 star restaurant was part of the experience. This year the food was bar food at best. Wine list was awful. Wait staff was friendly and almost seemed to sense that people were disappointed. No fine dining here. 1 star at bestSpecial Features:
- Fogged In, but good atmosphereadventresDined on 8/16/2014Of course you never know what will happen with the weather on top of a mountain, for us, it was fog. But that is ok, it gave the whole experience a mysterious feel for our romantic date. We had reservations for dinner. Quick sit down, but of course you can't always get the view, first come first serve with that. The server was really nice. The menu seemed like your typical ski resort food. They had a great special price for dinner that included the entree, appetizers and dessert. A glass of wine for both of us. I would say the food was good. If you didn't get the special dinner, I felt the dinner entree prices were expensive. The portions were fair, not to big or small. Overall the experience was great.Special Features:
- Awesome65Skylark64Dined on 8/16/2014Thanks for asking me. First the view was supercalifragilistic, our waitress was very good. However the bees and flies on the inside of the windows were annoying We both had steak and fries, but the degree of cooking was mixed up mine was medium and hers medium rare, served wrong, did not discover till half way thro. Also the fries were too many and got cold ,perhaps a small scoop of rice pila would of made a more tempting meal.. The price was within my budget. Also a little more attention to why we are there, it was my 81st B/D and our 3rd year anniv, but no acknowledgement. I would recommend and have already informed many friends . Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drivetrysomethingnewDined on 8/16/2014A first time for me and my husband to go, loved the gondola up, and even though the mountain was engulfed in clouds, the rest of the view lovely, friendly service and food good. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!SnowSkierDined on 8/16/2014The Summit House is a hidden gem. Wasn't sure what to expect, but was amazed with the service and food. Whitney made sure our group was well taken care of going above and beyond our expectations. Our food was prepared perfectly and well worth the price. Our only disappointment was with the cloud bank that blocked our view of Mt Rainier, but had it been in control of the Summit House it would have remained bright and clear.Special Features:
- Summit House menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014While the restaurant has discontinued the special dinner menu of past years, they still offered a couple of specials that were on par with the excellent entrees of the past. I recommend the specials for a fine dining experience since the menu is now only a basic grill selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We relly enjoyed our lunch there. Food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Well presented food and great staffDynomiteduckDined on 8/13/2014We had been given a gift certificate which we finally decided to use. The weather was cool with clouds moving in and out. We had the fish and chips which were cooked to perfection, served quickly and were delicious. Dani, our server was efficient and congenial, taking time to visit with us and making us feel very welcome. A totally enjoyable day date for my husband and myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homemade Lemonade OasisCulinaryDivaDined on 8/12/2014Dinner reservation cancelled by the restaurant due to thunder and lightening. Our mid-afternoon "snack' up at the restaurant the next day: decent but not fabulous except for the homemade lemonade and ginger ale. Truffle fries were greasy and limp but flavorful; the watermelon-feta salad with fresh mint a disappointment. In Greece, fresh watermelon is served as big juicy slices with big creamy chunks of goat or sheep milk feta. Period. That represents a true pairing of watermelon and feta. All the staff were warm, welcoming, helpful and worked hard to make it a pleasant experience for us. Great service made up for the lack of pizzaz for poorly done fries and salad which were way over the top pricewise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our 53rd anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014we were looking for some nice new place to go. upon thinking some, I finally thought of crystal mountain and their gondola. I looked at the web site and got the phone number . then I called it up ;and talked to the most delightful gal who told ma all about it and sold me on where we should go . the forecast was for nice weather and that sealed the deal . and. the experience was very good. we thoroughly enjoyed our one day trip. my wife rates it " lovely, wonderful , could not have been better." ps the web site said it was $15 for the gondola trip for seniors, but the sign said $ 17. somebody should check into the different screens that may come up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would choose to visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Friendly service and excellent food. Loved the chipmunksSpecial Features:
- Enjoy the ride up and viewsAussie2SeattleDined on 8/11/2014Wonderful ride up to the restaurant via the gondola. The views are WOW! The food and beverages were average, nothing that sticks out as being exceptional. But it was nice to sit back, enjoy the views, have a cool drink on a hot day and spend time together as a family. The wait staff were run of their feet and hurried about in a mad dash, none of them looked pleased to be their and conveyed an air of 'oh geez more customers what a bother!'. The place can of course get away with it as its a tourist place and not reliant of returning customers and people will go just for the views/location/no other option atop the summit. We had a nice time afternoon but if the restaurant was in our neighborhood it would be a once visited place.Special Features:
- Destination lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014With an unobstructed territorial view of Mt Rainier, lunch at the Summit House was tasty and relaxed. I took my South Dakota (flatlander) Mom there for lunch and created a memorable experience for us both. Highly recommended. Go earlier to avoid the larger crowds.Special Features:
- PaulDined on 8/11/2014A wonderful experience. A great way to show off one of the gems of Washington State to friends from out of town. The close-up view of 14,700 foot (approximate) Mt. Rainier, from the perspective being on top of Crystal Mountain (at close to 7,000 feet), is awe inspiring!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The food was much better than I expected for a restaurant at the top of a mountain. Great service. The food was similar to, but better than, Red Robin. Prices were 25 to 35% higher than "normal".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FerdinandDined on 8/10/2014Holy cow! The gondola ride, the views, the food & service spectacular. We love to wine & dine, and it is difficult for a lot of our family to go out for a few short hours and be around a lot of people when we all service our own businesses. I must say Crystal Mountain handles it beautifully, clean, showcases of blooming flower containers, safe and a lovely Summit restaurant and staff. The greeter over the top amazing job, especially for the numbers of people visiting. My husband had a reservation (strongly suggest), Lindsey & team had ice water delivered continually, hors d'oeuvre luscious, wine list included our daughters wine cellar team @ Tablas Creek (highly recommend), my brother said his beer was ice cold, food & dessert stunning!Special Features: