429 Westlake Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.republicseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064675300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Greg Swenson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Re:public
re:public(regarding the public) lets its food take center stage. Simple, rustic decor - brick walls and dark woods - paves the way for creative lunch, dinner and happy hour dishes. Located in Seattle's vibrant South Lake Union community, re:public features French and Italian infused cuisine. Our exceptional chefs put extensive thought and care into each menu item including our house made pastas. We are happy to navigate the shortest distance between the farm and your table. The winner of Evening Magazine's best new restaurant in Western Washington for 2010,The Seattle Times gave re:public 3 stars out of 4, and great reviews keep coming in. Please come by and let us show you why!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Re:public - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Re:public reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (14)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Go-to restaurant in SLUBricinDined on 10/8/2013Good food, good bar staff, always good service. It's a warm, neighborhood place that is upscale enough to get a little dressed up for. The food is a touch hit and miss on some of the specials, i.e. some of your foodie friends might not rave about it (not to say bad or anything like that, just won't make it to the top of Seattle wow, gotta try this kind of thing) But if you stick with a few of the regulars (great burger, the banh mi sliders are solid, the fries are some of the better ones in Seattle, and the chicken liver terrine as well) you will be fine. I dine here for lunch or dinner almost weekly. Nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was not extensive butCarolDined on 10/8/2013Menu was not extensive but it offered offered choices for light eaters, and the 'steak and potatoes" guy. Food was excellent and wait staff attentive. Only negative was difficulty in finding parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time on Sat night! ThesodakDined on 9/28/2013Fun time on Sat night! The squash blossom salad was amazing, I want to go back just for that, though everything was good. It was pretty empty, which seems weird. Our server said their busy nights are Mon.-Fri. due to Amazon employees. Sat night was the night to get a table and enjoy a little more time and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLunchForMEDined on 9/16/2013Top notch - we were 10 minutes early and they were completely ready for our party of 5. Service was amazing and the food was plate licking good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night with the girlsVixenDined on 9/15/2013Not my first time here, but it was for some in our group. We had a great evening, the huge garage doors were up and it was really cool to feel like we were part of the thunder & lightning outside while being all cozy inside. Our server was as spot on as the food, martinis and the bottle of wine we all enjoyed. I'll be back again, and I'm sure they will too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchPeteDined on 9/11/2013Reasonably quiet and spacious enough to allow for business conversations. Very good food - Limited selection which is actually nice for business meeting, you don't lost in a book of options. I will be going back regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2013Had a reservation @ 6:15 on a Thursday and the ace was packed from unhappy hour. Got seated right on time and Everything went well. Chef had excellent variety of choices with nice combination of flavors. It was somewhat loud. Service was spot onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningNonaDined on 8/24/2013We were visiting from out of town and choose this restaurant because of the good reviews and proximity to our hotel on Lake Union. I was so pleased that we did! The wait staff were attentive without being overbearing. We ordered the starter of olives and were delighted with the pickled green beans and almonds that accompanied them. My friend had the sockeye salmon and I had the tagalarini (sp?) with chanterelles as mains and they were wonderful. The salmon was cooked well and the mushrooms in the pasta were divine! The only misstep was corrected by the chef in a very charming fashion. Dessert was not up to snuff and the chef came out, apologizing profusely, with two other desserts for us to share. They won us over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in SLU BarOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/20/2013Re:Public looks like an upscale bar, so you might not expect some of my favorite food in the City. Nothing too fancy, but everything is prepared with care from excellent ingredients.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2013We went there for Sunday brunch, and were practically the only guests at 12:30. For a brunch spot that serves the quality of food that they do, it's wonderful not to have to wait in line for a table. The downside, is that the menu is more lunch oriented. In fact I believe on the menu they call it "blunch" , not brunch. I won't comment on the service, because I don't believe that you can make a blanket statement about a restaurant's servers. I disagree that anyone should ever do so, in fact. People come and go, and you never know what kind of a day that particular person is having. Overall it's a great little spot and a fantastic addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experience attashDined on 7/13/2013Had a great experience at Re:public. The food was very good. What stood out were our two appetizers, the oysters and the octopus, both outstanding. My steak was cooked perfectly and my husbands salmon was good. The kitchen was able to accomodate for both gluten and dairy intollerance and the staff was knowledgeable about the menu. Service was professional yet friendly, we felt comfortable and taken care of. It was a hot night so having the retractable door was nice and also added to the cool urban atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to beJanetDined on 7/12/2013This place is really noisy, but that's probably because the bar is packed. And, the bar is at least half of the restaurant. The food is good bistro fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Re:PublicMegalodiousDined on 6/14/2013We had my husband's graduation dinner at Re:Public on a FRIDAY night...I thought it would be terrible even trying to get a reservation but we got a reservation for 6 no problem. What's worse, at the last minute we had three other people who wanted to come. I called the restaurant and they were so nice and even though I'm sure it was a juggling act to get us all in there they did. OH and did I mention we had our 1-year-old with us. He's a really good kid, not a picky eater and not a loud fussy baby but still I felt bad taking a baby to a hip and trendy restaurant on a Friday night. The staff was outstanding, the food was great and we had a GREAT time. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nostalgia rewardedDonWDined on 6/6/2013My wife and I hosted the former owners of the building in which the restaurant is located. We were tenants in the 80's and 90's of the very space we ate in. We told the hostess Stacey and she brought one of the the new partners, Ruadhri (Rory) over and he graciously gave us all a tour of the whole building; it was a walk down one of life's 'Memory Lanes'. This was after a lunch that I can only describe as outstanding. The Halibut was dead-on to the way it was ordered and the hamburger was the best I have had since leaving New York fifty years ago. And I assure you, I am not given to casual hyperbole. While this restaurant tends toward a young clientele, it was magical for our Over The Hill foursome.Special Features:
- why are you not eating heremikiVIPDined on 5/25/2013I was blown away by how partially full this restaurant was. The food is amazing, it's much easier to get to than some of the equally delicious Ballard restaurants. I was grateful I could get in last minute and had an absolutely amazing dinner and cocktails here. Definitely fit for foodies. The cucumber cocktail was incredibly flavorful and aromatic. I absolutely loved how fresh all of the ingredients were and how amazing this made the food taste. People say this is more of a late night scene restaurant/bar but i'll add that you are missing out if you aren't trying this for your casual evening dinners out. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun vibeGerpVIPDined on 5/22/2013Went with two girl friends for happy hour. We had a booth along the wall which was perfect for talking. The happy hour menu is VERY limited. The clams were excellent. The cheese plate was very tiny samples of three cheeses. I will definitely go back, but probably for lunch. Overall it was a great place and a lively atmosphere.Special Features:
- Evening Gents...ThomasVIPDined on 5/20/2013Food was good, well-presented, and competent. Nothing overly innovative but solid. Decor and atmosphere fun. Our only issue was service. From the very "hello gents," through the end of the service, our waiter gave us the same level of service you'd get at a Subway. I understand that casual implies loose and easygoing, but I've grown tired of waiters who act so sloppy and careless - the wine opening alone was classic. I'm still paying $140 for dinner for two, and while that's not a lot these days it should still get you a bit higher service than "wassup bro" all night. Class it up a little, Republic, and lift the professionalism of service. Otherwise Subway works just as well for a lot less.
- First bad timeHudsonDined on 5/14/2013I have been there 7 times and always been exceptionally pleased. This visit must be an outlier. The Lamb burger was ok (at best). The service was great as always, but I was slightly disappointed by the lamb burger. I will return and I am positive rePiblic will be excellent again. I think it was just one of "those" meals.Special Features:
- Great food in loud bar environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/8/2013I went to Re:public because of the Evening Magazine best new restaurant quote. It is very much a Bar Restaurant with the emphasis on bar first and very noisy. The food was beautiful and very good. The only issues were with the limited menu selection and what was on the menu wasn't always available. It was essentially a bar menu so if you are ok with one choice for fish or one choice for pasta, that will work for you. If you are looking for a relatively quiet place with multiple entree choices, pick another place.Special Features:
- Three people had three terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2013Three people had three terrific meals. This is the best lunch spot in South Lake Union.Special Features:
- hip, urbanmiacrazypantsDined on 4/19/2013great for happy hour during the week. good spot for early dinner on the weekend if you want something trendy but quiet. the burger used to be super good, but i'm not a huge fan of their current recipe (used to have bacon and cheese, but in an elevated way - was so, so good). little pricey and a limited menu, but nothing out of the ordinary for this area.Special Features:
- This place could be so muchPoqueDined on 4/19/2013This place could be so much more than it is. The menu is pretty limited.Special Features:
- Phe:nomenal! The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Phe:nomenal! The food was local, fresh and prepared perfectly. Craft beers on tap were a good mix of local & national. Be careful with the "desert" cheese platter; it's a meal, but it was delicious. Great Lake union find!Special Features:
- They were great at accomodatingNBSeattleDined on 3/27/2013They were great at accomodating a lunch group at short notice, we had a nice space in the back so it was quiet and they got all the food out (2 courses0 in time for us to hot foot it back to work. everyone enjoyed their food. My steak salad could have used some more dressing but was tasty and the meat was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Had fun at Re:public, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013Had fun at Re:public, the service was exceptional.The only downside was that it was very loud making it difficult to hear conversations within our party of seven.Special Features:
- We specifically asked forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013We specifically asked for a quiet table and were placed between two very loud groups of people near the entrance. It was not a pleasant experience but the food was good.
- Took six friends to celebrateWinedivaDined on 2/22/2013Took six friends to celebrate birthdays and it was a great spot. Vibrant, loud, eclectic and great food. Service was attentive but not intrusive; great wine list and food was terrific. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013First time there and it won't be the last. Overall it was a great time and I thought every part of our experience was top notch. Everyone was really friendly and personable! We got lucky and managed to be there on a slow Friday night.Special Features:
- Great Food. Please Let Me Finish ItOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/6/2013I took an employee of mine here for an anniversary lunch, and the experience was very nice. Food was great. One complaint: I had three separate servers approach me within 3 minutes of each other asking if they could take the food I was trying to finish "out of the way." I told the first two I was "still working on it." I finally gave up with the third server and he took it. It felt like we were being hustled out of the joint, or that they thought I had eaten enough and needed to stop. I rationalized later that they move quickly because they're serving the Amazon Community.Special Features:
- Everyone loved their food.SeattleiteDined on 1/26/2013Everyone loved their food. Outstanding salads. Outstanding homemade pasta. Our 8-year-old pronounced the burger, fries, and ketchup to be "really good". Very good service, very attentive and professional.Special Features:
- Very nice and capable waitress,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013Very nice and capable waitress, which was a good contrast to the unwelcoming hostess who acted like she was being put out, even though we had a reservation. Very unwelcoming. We were right on time also. The food was very attractive looking and tasted fine.Special Features:
- Re:public is one of our favorites!BethDined on 1/11/2013Re:public is one of our favorites! Never disappointing!!Special Features:
- Great spot to meet up at S Lk UnionGrumpyMamaVIPDined on 1/10/2013Great birthday dinner. Festive atmosphere. Food was wonderful and well thought out.Special Features:
- I had out-of-town guest showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013I had out-of-town guest show up and we wanted a place to talk for a long time to catch up. So this turned out to be a good deal--the booth we got was ample and spacious, the food was very, very good, and the drink service was great and offered a range of very good things to drink. The only nit is that this was a bit noisier than I expected given the atmosphere--it's a high-ceilinged room, with a very laid-back feel, but the music was more than I expected. However--if you are into the late-night bar scene where you and your friends are chatting around a bar or long table, it's perfect. I would return, gladly. The service was very, very good, professional, friendly, and sincere.Special Features:
- Loved the food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/5/2013Loved the food and service. Would have been better with a bit more light - could barely read the menu!Special Features:
- Excellent food, but couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013Excellent food, but couldn't see it very well because the restaurant was a bit dark! Otherwise, we loved the ambiance.Special Features:
- Very dark in the Re:public,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Very dark in the Re:public, food was fantastic but hard to find with my fork, felt like I needed a flashlight.Special Features:
- Small but interesting lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2012Small but interesting lunch menu. Fun SLU spot. Food was ok. Server was good.
- the atmosphere was great &NatalieDined on 12/15/2012the atmosphere was great & we definitely appreciated that our waitress gave us time to hang out & enjoy each other's company rather than rushing us through our dinner -- really great for a rare night out! however, the food was okay but left a lot to be desired. the descriptions on the menu sounded much more promising than the actual results.
- Benign NeglectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/12/2012That's the best way I can describe my most recent experience at Re:Public. I've now been there a half-dozen times, 4 lunches and 2 dinners. Lunches have always been sensational. Both dinners, including most recent, were disappointing. Started off ok--nice table, friendly server who made helpful recommendations. When a large table was seated near us, though, things went downhill big time. Our dinners came out cold as if they'd been sitting under the heat lamp for awhile. When we finally got to report this--and by now our drinks and water glasses were both empty--the server didn't do a thing in response. Didn't offer to comp wine or dessert, or take them back for a re-do. The large party meant they basically forgot about us. Disappointing!