Route 6 Restaurant
600 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Route 6 Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.route6restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2153914600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andy Kitko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar
A word from Route 6 Restaurant
Named after the famed highway that begins in Provincetown, Mass., and runs through the heart of Cape Cod, Route 6 celebrates the cuisine that is beloved in coastal towns from Maine to Maryland. Offering a seasonal, sea-to-table menu with classic dishes from Executive Chef Andy Kitko, such as clam chowder, lobster rolls, and buttermilk fried oysters as well as daily lobster and whole fish selections, this 150 seat restaurant will instantly transport you to the relaxing lifestyle of the eastern shore. A spectacular wood-burning oven and grill adds a distinct flavor to the food while filling the room with the smells of oak and fruit woods. The chef's counter, with seating for 20, is the ideal spot to order oysters and clams from the raw bar, and peek into the open kitchen. Dessert is not to be missed, as pies and cobblers are served up hot and fresh. The beverage list will feature 20 beers by the bottle and six on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Route 6 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Route 6: Good girlfriends catchupSunflower5464Dined on 1/13/2014Route 6 is a good place to order some wine & apps and catch up with friends. We had a lovely time & the wine is good, not anything extraordinary. This place is not inexpensive, but then again, it's a city restaurant. The service was OK. In a quiet room, you could barely hear our waiter, but he was nice. Overall, this is a cozy spot for friends to catch up, but it's not a place to go with your friends if you're trying to catch up on the cheap!Special Features:
- Always excellentAmf666Dined on 1/12/2014One of my favorite restaurants in the city. The best fish, perfectly prepared. Loved the trout, lobster, sides and salad. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2014Food and ambiance were great. Only thing that bothered me was that I ordered a 3 lb lobster and was told (after the check arrived) that it does not come with sides even when all of the other entrees did. That should be clear on the menu or highlighted by the waiter, especially when the items that all came with sides were lower priced.
- Very loudPQuizDined on 1/11/2014The back space is very loud and is designed for larger parties. And often larger parties have children. The service was good but food was mediocre at best. And for the price, one would like an experience to remember. Calamari was a frozen product and my monk fish was served cold and when the server insisted to take it back to the kitchen. It came back as a hot piece of rubber fish. Not worth te money, maybe sitting in the front area would have been a better experience. Our table of five got lost in the much larger parties in back area.
- Great placeJakemort74Dined on 1/11/2014The good and atmosphere were great plus the selection in wine and beer was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentMadFoodieDined on 1/10/2014The food was horrible the service was horrible and I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. this was my first time at this restaurant and I can honestly say it will be my last.the server had an attitude the entire time. Never again...Special Features:
- Willing to try againRandyDined on 1/10/2014The seafood stew was way to salty. They took it off the bill which was good of them. I will try the place again because of the decent gesture the manager made.Special Features:
- Route 6 is a great restaurant!luvnseafood215Dined on 1/10/2014I decided to try Route 6 with my wife for her birthday and came away with two observations.....Route 6 has amazing great food and equally great ambiance. The management is very proactive versus reactive and my wife and I plan to dine there again VERY soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem Dinner but We Will ReturnPhilly4FoodVIPDined on 1/10/2014This was the first meal at Route 6 that was not well prepared. Although the appetizers were great the main course had problems. We complained to the manager, and he agreed that the broiled vegetable was burnt and listened to our complaints about what we considered to be overcooked lobster. The manager handled the situation appropriately, and we will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/10/2014Service was top notch!! Food was excellent !! We felt like were eating at resturant by the shore. Oyster selection was great. This was our first time to this resturant and def wont be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/9/2014Great selection of seafood. The oysters were very fresh. The wine list was great and complimentary to my meal. The fried lobster tails were really good. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014Our Third visit The BIG Disappointment was a $25 swordfish half the size of my I phone. We won't be back. Bill and Mary BeierSpecial Features:
- SeafoodSkylar14Dined on 1/5/2014I'm at Route 6 several times a month. Enjoy the fresh oysters and find the fish to be of good quality and fresh. Lately have taken a liking to the fried lobster tails. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Good mixed drinks.Special Features:
- Awesome as usual!!!kimbDined on 1/4/2014We had a wonderful time as always! This is truly a great place to go and have a fantastic time with family or friends. Our waiter, Matthew was so helpful and knowledgeable and made our night even better. Thank you to Route 6 for another great experience. Love Love Love Route 6!Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2014The food was great and the service was even better.Special Features:
- New Year's EveKFamilyVIPDined on 12/31/2013Even on busy New Year's Eve, the servers were friendly and composed. The food was excellent! The roasted vegetable sides were remarkably as good as the entree. Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for NYE GroupLaurenDined on 12/31/2013Not sure how, but we all got it in our head that we wanted oysters on NYE. Route 6 seemed like a logical choice. Our server was well knowledge in how to direct our oyster choices (thanks buddy!) and only good things were said about everyone's entrees. We had an addition to our party on the morning of New Year's Eve and they were extremely accommodating. Will absolutely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Findtgdvm13Dined on 12/31/2013I loved the environment of Route 6. It has a relaxed modern feel with well thought out lighting and layout. The service was outstanding from start to finish with multiple staff servicing the table with efficiency and friendliness. Had the crab deviled eggs for an appetizer - delicious with an abundance of crab, not too heavy. The clam chowder was creamy and delicious with a great consistency. The monkfish for an entree was vibrant with good flavor and not too heavy. Had the chocolate caramel tart for dessert which had great flavor, but an overwhelmingly chewy consistency at times. I will be back again and recommend Route 6 to all Philadelphians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad that we found the placecwrjrDined on 12/30/2013Route 6 was a gem that our family is glad that we found. The 3# lobsters were a hit - having them grilled in the brick oven was a treat - tender, juicy and tasty. One of the family had the Filet and that was also a hit. They also have a variety of appetizers and the ones we had were a hit. From the person that sat us, to our server and to the person that bused the table - everyone was thoughtful and pleasant. We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the lobster dealsgoodVIPDined on 12/27/2013Classic Steven starr rest. The lobster deals are excellent and they have great other entrees as well. Def a good spot. Nothing flashy just good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecthayes86VIPDined on 12/27/2013Everything was perfect. I can't stop talking about how yummy everything was! I'm looking forward to going back......real soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv Route 6SeafoodloverDined on 12/27/2013The food was fresh and very very tasty. Our server, Will, was very attentive. Luv this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodterryDined on 12/26/2013My friend from Los Angeles was in town for the holiday season. I wanted to take her somewhere nice because I had not seen her in well over 20 years. She had already been here and loved the food. She was right….the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently great restaurant!JaneVIPDined on 12/26/2013consistently great restaurant! Service, food and staff wonderful. Visit during the lobster specials. The best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what you expectMikeDined on 12/23/2013Very good food Flawless service Atractuve staff Loved the chowder and fried lobster tailsSpecial Features:
- 2nd time there and going again soonwillipsDined on 12/21/2013Great food great lobster specials and staff is quick and friendly. Gives Great east coast seafood with a beachy feel Had a birthday dinner for my girlfriend and they wished her happy birthday when we walked in, and brought her a special slice of birthday cake too! Very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceJohnbVIPDined on 12/21/2013Dined here several times...food and service always enjoyable...like that manager is present on the floor.Special Features:
- Great ambience for a seafoodLuv2eatVIPDined on 12/21/2013Great ambience for a seafood restaurant. Food and serivce has been excellent each time we have eaten here.Special Features:
- Lobster festdm715VIPDined on 12/20/2013I really enjoy the lobster fest special. Good food at a good price. Service was good this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a celebration!TavabonnDined on 12/20/2013My daughter and I went to Route 6 to celebrate my birthday. The service was excellent - the servers were friendly and attentive and the food arrived promptly. We ordered clam chowder, lobster (steamed), fries, curried carrots, bluefish dip and the shore dinner, which included fried oysters, chicken salad and coleslaw. The food was absolutely delicious! I only have two complaints: 1) the curried carrots, although very well seasoned, were a bit too crunchy, and 2) the restaurant is not open for lunch, otherwise, I would eat there more often. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to returning to Route 6 soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and BurgerVal22Dined on 12/20/2013As a person that doesn't eat shellfish I was hesitant to try this spot. Although not many non seafood options, the cheeseburger I got was exceptional! The roasted tomato that was almost like ketchup really made the burger. Can definitely say it was one of the best burgers I have ever had! Everyone else loved their food and the atmosphere was very open and energetic so we all had a great time. Can't forget to mention, the service was very good from the hostess to the waiter and even the bus boy.. All great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notify us regarding specialsFoodie4lifeDined on 12/20/2013We were there during happy hour and we weren't explained by our waitress about the specials we might have been charged a bit more than what we were expecting but dinner was finished and we didn't want to fuss & tipped generously. Will I return to route six? Maybe.. But I can't confidently say yes as I would; like some other 5 star restaurants that I've been to.Special Features:
- Best Lobster I have ever had!LisenkaDined on 12/19/2013My family and I celebrated my birthday there a couple of weeks ago. The staff was very nice and helpful, including answering our many questions of which oysters to have. But the lobster cooked on the wood grill was the best lobster I have ever had. Normally I love dousing it with butter but even that just took away from the deliciousness. Definitely get the grilled corn with it!! We also had some delicious oysters (I wish I could remember which ones!) and the crab roll to share. We ate Very well!! Also, to consider, for all of the food we got (and we got a lot!), the bill was pretty reasonable, much more so than I thought it would be. So the questions is...will I be going back. Absolutely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster specialJoseyVIPDined on 12/17/2013We had been to Route 6 last summer and were delighted to find out that they were having a lobster special. We upgraded the New England Clambake to a 2 lb lobster. The lobster was cooked perfectly and every part of the dish was delicious. And a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013This place has very good food and excellent service. I would go there again in a heartbeat! The food was served very quickly and the entire staff was very attentive. The lobster was cooked very well, and their clam chowder is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodNewtoPhillyDined on 12/13/2013Been to Route 6 twice and loved it every time. Nice menu with rotating fresh seafood, and the desserts are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is just wonderful.LouieVIPDined on 12/13/2013This restaurant is just wonderful. The food is great only surpassed by the service. Don't miss out on the bread pudding. I would come back for that alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2013I love the lobster and all of the appetizers and side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ComplaintsDiningdivaDined on 12/13/2013My friend and I get together for dinner often and look for restaurants that offer great seafood. We hit the mother lode at Route Six. There lobster choices were exceptional and most of all reasonable. My friend ordered a fried lobster appetizer that was tasty and plentiful and an entree of lobster on a roll with fries that she enjoyed. I enjoyed a fresh and delicious Caesar salad with just enough Caesar dressing followed by grilled lobster (a lb and a half) and grilled asparagus. Delicious! Our server was courteous and provided great suggestion without being overbearing. We finished off with dessert that was also perfect. We really enjoyed our dining experience at Route Six.Special Features:
- Ladies nightDbec64VIPDined on 12/13/2013Went to Route 6 as a girls night out, and was very pleased. The food was great and the staff was attentive. Stand-outs were the crab bombs, lobster roll, shrimp and lobster tails. The Black Eye Susan was yummy! My only disappointment was the bar area which was way too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.