Route 6 Restaurant
600 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Route 6 Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.route6restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2153914600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andy Kitko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar
A word from Route 6 Restaurant
Named after the famed highway that begins in Provincetown, Mass., and runs through the heart of Cape Cod, Route 6 celebrates the cuisine that is beloved in coastal towns from Maine to Maryland. Offering a seasonal, sea-to-table menu with classic dishes from Executive Chef Andy Kitko, such as clam chowder, lobster rolls, and buttermilk fried oysters as well as daily lobster and whole fish selections, this 150 seat restaurant will instantly transport you to the relaxing lifestyle of the eastern shore. A spectacular wood-burning oven and grill adds a distinct flavor to the food while filling the room with the smells of oak and fruit woods. The chef's counter, with seating for 20, is the ideal spot to order oysters and clams from the raw bar, and peek into the open kitchen. Dessert is not to be missed, as pies and cobblers are served up hot and fresh. The beverage list will feature 20 beers by the bottle and six on tap.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Route 6 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Valentines Day ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Was Delighted To Be Seated As Soon As I Walked In. Although I was late for my reservations an added a person it was no trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightKidd12Dined on 2/14/2014Our third time here so we knew what were in for. But our waiter Ricardo made our night. We had out mind set on certain items coming and Ricardo made a few suggestions which we took and were NOT disappointed. Food was great ambience was as well. We will be back. Michael KiddSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant for Seafood loversFoodieFoodDined on 2/14/2014Amazing oysters, pick out 5 a person and then get the 3 lb lobster wood grilled and split grilled asparagus. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFoodieDined on 2/14/2014We went on valentines day, the food was very good although not enough portion for the price. The part we didn't like was that we felt rushed through the entire meal like they were trying to push us out within a half hour for a full Meal . We liked the food but were turned off by the service
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014Food was delicious, I was very happy with the flavor of all foods!! I will be going again... It's fish menu is outstanding and the service is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in fairmountOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014We had the lobster, crab cake and oysters. Everything was excellent. The bar area is noisy but back areas are not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I found the food great andgibjamDined on 2/7/2014I found the food great and the atmosphere very friendly. The wait staff was very attentive and addressed all my needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/3/2014We went there on a Monday night after a snow storm so there were only about three other tables filled and so the restaurant was quiet. It was very good - the food the drinks and the decor were great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating DelaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014We waited 40 mins to get our table we reserved 3 weeks ago....while a bottle of Proseco was sent to the table to make up for the delay, it was a rough start to an evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot on North BroadNWphillyDined on 2/1/2014While the wait was 30 minutes beyond the reservation time, the food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best dinners everCharlieDined on 2/1/2014One of the best dinners ever - Lobsters were fantasticSpecial Features:
- Will be back!ReetVIPDined on 2/1/2014This was our first time for dinner. We did Happy Hour previously. Dinner was very enjoyable! The deep fired baby lobster tails are worth the trip alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantlgraybDined on 2/1/2014Took the seafood lovers in my family for dinner. We really enjoyed the food and our server, Paul, was excellent. My Aunt said that her shrimp scampi was the best she's ever had. The desserts were definitely worth the calories. The decor was really cozy. It did get a little noisy later in the evening, but we were in the room right next to the bar. The back room may be quieter. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/31/2014I was really happy to see that the Lobster Roll was included in the Restaurant Week menu. It was delicious as always and so full of lobster. It was a busy Friday night but the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Lobster Roll and Raw BarMicahBVIPDined on 1/31/2014Route 6 is a safe seafood spot. The raw bar is good. And the lobster roll is a personal favorite. However, in our party, the scallops and crab cake went pretty much left uneaten. There are good beer and drink options. Again, I'd stick to those over the wine. We've been to Route 6 twice before and we will go again--but stick to what we know is good. The place was bustling--which led to a delay for our table and some sketchy service--but it was not too bad. The biggest disappointment was that both desserts we ordered were out--which saved us the calories and a few bucks. The location makes for easier (and free or metered) parking than the heart of Center City. The place has a fun and casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the minute we walkedDeeDeeDined on 1/31/2014From the minute we walked in the door we were greeted by a friendly hostess who sat us at the bar which I felt extremely comfortable until our table was ready. When we were seated the service was excellent the specialty drinks were very good and the entrees delicious The only thing negative I can say is I have celiac and I didn't have much to choice from. Overall it was a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Date NightlgoodmancpaVIPDined on 1/31/2014Have not been back to Route 6 for a few months. I forgot how good the food could be. Oysters were extremely fresh and tasty the lobster was like butter. Topped it off with Strawberry shortcake, what a great meal. The restaurant was energetic, the waitstaff was extremely professional. Looking forward to our next meal at Route 6.Special Features:
- A Destination!FitlerSqVIPDined on 1/30/2014Succulent lobster rolls, delicate sea bass, amazing fried chicken and terrific fries with a hint of Old Bay--and generous portions, even during Restaurant Week--presented in informal but stylish surroundings. Our servers were friendly, thoughtful and attentive but never intrusive. An outstanding evening.Special Features:
- Wicked AwesomeMelimelDined on 1/30/2014Route 6 gave me the feeling of being back in New England in a harborside restaurant. The food was great and very authentic. the Lobsta roll was seasoned perfectly, just hint of mayo and lemon, but the focus was on the lobster meat. The chowder and fried ipswich were also really good. the desserts were just ok. I would definitely go back in the summer to sit outside and chow down on some seafood. our servers were very attentive and helpful, and quick.Special Features:
- FantasticuptownDined on 1/30/2014Food was fantastic! Drinks were great! The restaurant rocks! and the Restaurant rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy SeafoodFoodieVIPDined on 1/30/2014If you love lobsters, crab cakes, Caesar salads and chowder, this is the place for you. The lobster roll is stuffed with chunks of fresh lobster, the Caesar salad actually has pureed anchovies in the dressing, and the desserts are wonderful. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. The only downside was the loud music, which is totally unnecessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining Experience!LindaMVIPDined on 1/30/2014Route 6 is one of my favorite restaurants! I have been several times and have had a fabulous dining experience each time. The service and the food is always wonderful. Even my most pickiest dining companions have left Route 6 with a smile on their face and vowing to return as soon as possible! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food With a Twist of Cape CodFoodieIamDined on 1/29/2014The ambience is warm and has a feel of Cape Code. Everyone was extremely friendly. There is something on the menue for everyone's palette. This was my 2nd time dining at Rte 6. It's perfect for a group setting as well as dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2014We were disappointed in the caesar salad, said it came with dried black olives - they were specks. Did not care for salad dressing. We did not care for having french fries asked if we could have roasted potatoes instead - answer NO - not allowed. Enjoyed the salmon entree with one exception - came bottom up with sauce - we removed the skin and dark part of salmon lost most of the sauce, broccoli and potatoes were very good. One person ordered the ? on a crossiant - did not like it at all. Another ordered crabcake but did not eat fries or cole slaw. Everyone enjoyed the dessert but I was very disappointed that the coconut custard pie was ruined with chocolate on the bottom and whip cream on top.
- Great Find on North Broad StreetLifeIsAFeastVIPDined on 1/27/2014Visited Route 6 on a recent Monday night during Philly Restaurant Week. Place is located on Broad Street just north of Spring Garden street and has handy valet parking. Food is mostly seafood with lots of options on the menu for those who like both raw and cooked seafood. Prices were mid to high and quality of everything we ordered was excellent. Loved the interior design which was light and open yet warm and cozy. Interesting layout with a main dining/bar area plus separate dining areas separated with walls of interior "windows". Service was attentive, food arrived quickly, and manager came around to make sure we were happy. Very enjoyable. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal..JohnbVIPDined on 1/25/2014Thanks for making our visit a great experience ...please keep the lobster prices slashed ...food and service was excellent !Special Features:
- I'll be backFoodie82Dined on 1/24/2014This was my first time dining at Route 6 the food really good it was very hard to leave some even though I was full......I will definitely be back to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteMollieDined on 1/24/2014Route 6 is one of my favorite restaurants. I eat here as much as I can. The service is always great and the food is excellent. I have been here several times and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Impressed! Seafood was fresh and deliscious! Oysters were on point! Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!skyus1Dined on 1/23/2014This place quickly became one of my favorites! The ambiance is great. All the food has a great twist of what seafood originally has.My favorite - oysters on the half shell-- they always have a wonderful selection. Their lobsters are great, but I prefer them grilled. You are in it for a treat. Everything in the men is great and the staff will go through great heights to get you what you need. Try the steamers, peel and eat shrimp... everything is great!Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerAstrojoVIPDined on 1/22/2014Went w friends for restaurant week and had a wonderful time. This was my first visit but certainly not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeLaRagazzaGiallaVIPDined on 1/20/2014We've been here plenty of times and it continues to delight. Staff is efficient and friendly. Food is delicious and reasonably priced for the quality. I highly recommed this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great TimeYourBuddyDined on 1/20/2014We took our mother there for her birthday! The waitress was awesome, the food tasted amazing! I will say the portions are on the small side, but it tasted delicious! The manager was funny and very charismatic! Route 6 is beautiful, cozy.. perfect lighting. I shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was extremely crowd becauseTahiseDined on 1/19/2014It was extremely crowd because of restaurant week. My husband and I went for restaurant week but the menu was not to our liking so we ordered from the regular menu. We loved most of the food. We had a salad and several appetizers and we thought the were great. Not really impressed with the entrees. The seafood stew was watering and bland. The lobster roll was bland lacked taste; we were not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is awesomeDT43Dined on 1/19/2014This was my second time at Route 6. I'm not a huge seafood eater but they have other options that I love. The only issue was, for the second time our waiter forgot to bring out something we ordered.Special Features:
- Great for a date nightFoodie18Dined on 1/18/2014My boyfriend and I decided to switch up our usual routine and went to Route 6. I'm not the most adventurous person when it comes to trying new food, but after going to Route 6, I would definitely say I'm a changed person. The crab cakes for an appetizer were to die for. For dinner I had the scallops which were cooked to perfection. I could have eaten a second plate they were that good. My boyfriend had the special, which was skate cheeks. Neither of us had either tried or had any idea what it would taste like, but our waiter convinced us to give it a try, they were fantastic. The whole atmosphere of the restaurant is so relaxing, especially with the wonderful fire going. Waiters were amazing too! I would DEFINITELY recommend Route 6!Special Features:
- Appetizers and entrees wereinconsistentVIPDined on 1/18/2014Appetizers and entrees were great. Desserts were disappointing....too basic to compete with rest of menu.Special Features:
- The only dish that didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014The only dish that didn't fall short was the fried oyster appetizer. Both my friend and i have tried the restaurant twice and found it lacking all the way around. it does not maintain the same standards as other Starr restaurants.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014My Husband took me for a special Birthday Dinner just the two of us The food was Delish He had the Trout very moist tasteful I had the crabcake fantastic can't wait to go back for his BirthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBdaygirlDined on 1/13/2014Tried this restaurant for a birthday dinner with friends.............everyone enjoyed their meal! Ambience is great! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.