147 Cochituate Road
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellacosta.net/
- Phone: 5086261728x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am – 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Costa offers a warm, casual, and elegant dining experience. With a private function room, we would love to host your private events-from meetings, birthday parties, engagement parties, wedding receptions and more! We do not charge any room fees (room fees can exceed $100 at most restaurants).
- Private Party Contact: Paul or Bob 8772682490
- Entertainment: Live Piano every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: Catering and Private Dining options available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
A word from Bella Costa
Bella costa Ristorante has been a family operated business since 1986, warm personal service creates a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. The owner/chef and his staff serve you great food prepared with only the finest ingredients, top quality meats and seafood that is delivered fresh daily. We offer to cater any event at the location of your choice or in the perfect setting, our function room. whether you have a wedding reception, business party, baby shower, you can create your own menu from our generous menu offerings and we will attend to your every need we will make sure to make your celebration the one to remember. As a result of our quality food great prices and unsurpassed hospitality, we have received great reviews from local newspapers and the boston globe. Bella Costa has been voted "Best of the Best" for Framingham Best Italian Restaurant and #1 Dinning Excellence for 6 years running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Costa reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (8)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Food was okay. But everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Food was okay. But everything took too long. Waitress seemed to completely forget about us.Special Features:
- Disappointed, went there onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Disappointed, went there on Valentines Day 2013. Obviously not staffed appropriately for the crowd. Very slow service. We were afraid to get desert thinking that would take another hour to be served. Waitress took some of the plates off the table when we were done then came back 15 min later to get rest while we sat there. We had come once before and that night was very good so we were hoping for the same. Don't think we will go back any time soon.
- The somewhat run down, stripacrossVIPDined on 2/7/2013The somewhat run down, strip mall location wasn't what I expected. However, the service was quick service, good portions, and the lunch specials were perfectly priced.
- Pizzaz in the plaza!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013So much fun, our first time, found it on Open Table, ordered the Chicken Amaretto, sweet with peaches and light creamy sauce, great service, friendly and prompt. We have a child with nut allergies and they were willing to make his meal safe. Will definitely return now that we know its there!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood spot. GoodBobtDined on 1/25/2013Good neighborhood spot. Good food at very reasonable prices.
- My first time at Bella Costa.TigergemmDined on 1/5/2013My first time at Bella Costa. I really enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. Server Liz was wonderful. Everyone at the restaurant was nice and made you feel welcome. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- As visitors to the city weOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/3/2013As visitors to the city we took comments from several social media sites and they we spot on. Bella Costa is a little gem tucked into a small strip center. Don't let that throw you off. We were greeted by the owner and our server was absolutely wonderful. They had a piano player who played contemporary music so that we fun. Not elevator music. The food was ample and really good. I highly recommend the Spumoni for dessert. Even if you are too full. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- The food and service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012The food and service was excellent. We went there for New Year's Eve. The delicious food was served by friendly and efficient staff. The pianist in the bar was an added attraction. We will be going back again and again!Special Features:
- Great for foodiesmarkb2002VIPDined on 12/26/2012Fantastic food, service and atmosphere with the piano player. Great fish dishes, reasonably priced, highly recommend !Special Features:
- We never really noticed thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/7/2012We never really noticed this restaurant before but decided to try something new on a whim. What a great little place! Service was outstanding; our waiter was very attentive. Food was remarkably good. I had the grilled portabella appetizer special and the chicken amaretto with peaches entree special. My husband ordered the stuffed pepper appetizer and broiled seafood entree. Both were fantastic. The amaretto chicken was very unique, sweet, and almost like having dessert for dinner -- but in a good way. Did not want to stop eating it! The grilled portabella mushroom, despite seeming very simple, had a remarkable amount of flavor with a light garlic sauce. My husband was very happy as well. Will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great find in Framingham, MA.SteveJDined on 12/4/2012Was very impressed with the quality of this restaurant. This was my first visit. Went for lunch. They offer a $10 lunch menu. Excellent choices and a good array of foods. The restaurant was easy to get to and the wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. This restaurant is Greek owned and was very impressed with their friendly and service oriented customer service. I'd highly recommend this restaurant. Great for a break from shopping at the many stores in the area!Special Features:
- Always go there when in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2012Always go there when in Boston area. Great food, and lots of it.Special Features:
- not enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Red sauces were gross. Had a reservation but still had to wait 45 mins for a table. Felt rushed while eating.Special Features:
- Great food at a reasonableTPaprrVIPDined on 11/10/2012Great food at a reasonable price. We were seated just after a large party (20+), so were skeptical about how the kitchen would be able to respond. Our food was delayed, but the waitress was excellent and attentive, then gave us desert on the house because of the delay. It's nice that good service still exists somewhere!Special Features:
- Solid restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2012It was a very busy evening at Bella Costa even though it was a Monday night. The waiter seemed tired. I had broiled salmon which were OK and my husband had the chicken parmagan which was delicious. It is a good neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot forFoodguyVIPDined on 10/13/2012Great neighborhood spot for traditional Italian fare. Server was fantastic on a very busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- Homemade Italian at it's best.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2012Homemade Italian at it's best. Go on Fri or Sat when they have entertainment. Don't be put off by the strip mall location. This is a hidden gem that the locals frequent. Save room for dessert! They are wonderful!Special Features:
- Bella Costa offers great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2012Bella Costa offers great food and very good prices.Special Features:
- Enjoy!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2012-- Redecoration really well done. -- Staff always makes you feel they are happy you are there; appreciative -- Food always good -- Drinks generous -- Overall, a very nice place to go.Special Features:
- Found this restaurant on OpenTableMarKevVIPDined on 8/6/2012Found this restaurant on OpenTable & decided to try it out after reading great reviews. Definitely did not disappoint. The interior is nothing fancy, but the food was outstanding! How would I describe it? As if the food came out from your grandmother's kitchen somewhere in Italy. Authentic & plentiful! My husband had the seafood w/ pasta. His whole plate was filled w/ huge amount of seafood. After eating all the seafood, he needed to rest his stomach before starting on the pasta. I had the lobster risotto special, and it was delicious! Service was most pleasant. Looking forward to another great meal there. Thank you!Special Features:
- I have been to Bella CostaLoukewarmDined on 7/27/2012I have been to Bella Costa many, many times for a reason.......it is consistently very good, both the food and service. This particular time the service began "fair" unfortunately......the wait person was somewhat stand-offish, ALL BUSINESS, and not particularly friendly. By the end of the meal he had warmed up somewhat but we're very use to exceptional service and so I was a little put off by this last visit.Special Features:
- Romantic Italian dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2012Romantic Italian dinner. Good food, good prices, Huge portions-- Friday and Saturday night entertainment with no cover.Special Features:
- We keep coming back time afterLoukewarmDined on 7/8/2012We keep coming back time after time and you've never let us down --- terrific !!!
- Although the interior of therobkapVIPDined on 6/23/2012Although the interior of the restaurant is very plain, the food was very good and a piano player added a touch of romance to the evening.Special Features:
- disappointed 2nd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2012The food was good. The music was made up of rock, pop, and rap that was the explicit version which was really strange (Maroon 5's "pay phone); it should've been Italian music. The service was bad. Our server moved in a hurry and just needed to relax. The busboy that filled up our water was really not conversational. We also had to ask to get more bread and oil from the busboy. Our server hung out at the bar watching tv for awhile which we could see. She could have poured us more wine. When she did pour us wine the first time, she dripped it everywhere. I'm 25 and I could pour it way better. The guy bartender came around and offered grated cheese; he was awesome. He was so polite and courteous. I've had a great time before but not this time.Special Features:
- The food had way too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012The food had way too much salt--I would say it was the main ingredient in my chicken and aspargus dish. The appetizer was also cook too much.
- Best Brunch in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Love Bella Costa - their brunch has something for everyone. I can't have mushrooms, but heard the Chicken Marsala was to die for. Worth a visit!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!visitorsDined on 5/13/2012We went here for Mother's Day brunch. The food was great, they were constantly refilling the trays before they were empty. The omelets to order were delicious! For a very busy day, the staff was well attentive. I would like to go back on a regular Sunday and hopefully it won't be as crowded.Special Features:
- Food was good - Buffet getsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Food was good - Buffet gets a little crazy due to small space for setup. I didn't appreciate 20% gratuity being added for a party of 4, ESPECIALLY since it's a buffet. For larger parties it's appropriate, however for a small party I felt that was inappropriate. That's the only downside - everything else was good.Special Features:
- This was my first time atLoukewarmDined on 5/5/2012This was my first time at Bella Costa and I was very pleasantly surprised. As a vegetarian in Metro West I find it difficult sometimes to find a restaurant with interesting vegetarian offerings and the ravioli dish I had was tremendous. I also tried the grilled caesar salad which was outstanding. I will certainly return to Bella Costa in the future.Special Features:
- The food here is consistent,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/4/2012The food here is consistent, surprisingly good, and very generous in portion size. On Friday nights there is a piano player and it's a great way to wind down on a Friday, not cook, and not pay a fortune. From the outside it doesn't look like too much (strip mall) but it's delicious and atmosphere is very friendly.Special Features:
- We liked this restaurant justMahlergirlDined on 4/15/2012We liked this restaurant just fine. The food was good enough, the portion sizes were generous. The service was just okay, though. We sat close to the bar, and had waiters complaining about patrons right behind us. And we didn't receive much individual attention. Everyone was nice enough, we just didn't need to hear all their complaints while we were trying to enjoy a dinner with our family.Special Features:
- We were disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2012We were disappointed with our waitress, who we thought was surprisingly rude and unfriendly. Also thought the food was quite salty and garlicky. Will not be returning.
- Neighborhood Gem *****OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012Easter Brunch can be a disaster, but not at Bela Costas. Even my hard to please inlaws raved about EVERYTHING! The food was fresh warm plentiful and oh yea, tasty. The waiter who never waits tables because he is the bartender,was on top of everything. The staff VERY friendly and made sure that things ran smoothly. My only knock was that the buffet was in the bar so it was hard to maneuver. I don't think they could move it due to the closeness of the kitchen. I will love to try the resturaunt for dinner . Prices are very fair.Special Features:
- We went for lunch on a Friday.labbydogVIPDined on 4/6/2012We went for lunch on a Friday. They had a specials menu for lunch, and we had both had what I considered a dinner portion of Veal Saltimboca and House Lasagna. I think it was one of the owners who waited on us, and the service was impeccable. This place doesn't look like much from the outside (it's in a strip plaza), but the food was good and it was very reasonable. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- This is an average Italian-AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012This is an average Italian-American joint. Food is uninspired and greasy - just the way many people like it. I will not return.
- Had a piano player that addedSahibDined on 3/23/2012Had a piano player that added to the ambiance. Seems like a local hangout. Staff was friendly but food was mediocre.Special Features:
- food is always consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/11/2012food is always consistently good. Only problem is we had a rather large group, and we were seated in the dining room for brunch...it made for a lot of congestion (the line for the omelets was backing up into our area) and lots of fumes from the omelet cooking...would rather be in the rear room next time. Service was great as always and omelets were yummy as well. We love going their for our family special occasions and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Better than the North End!MisterPicoDined on 2/25/2012Better than the North End! The epitome of "neighborhood gem." As authentic Italian as it gets (i must admit i've never been to Italy, and the owner, surprisingly, isn't Italian). Great attentive but not hovering staff. Great balance of quantity and quality - reasonable portions which include ample protein and ample pasta (in contrast with others which provide grossly large portions of less-tasty Italian dishes). Appropriate prices. Thanks for a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food but Service slow 2/14OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Food was great but service was slow and sometimes non-existent. The staff was not prepared for a huge crowd on a tuesday (valetines day). They seem completely unprepared or seemed surprised by the holiday rush of guests. Our waiter finally came over after we sat at our table for about 10 minutes. After our food was served he never came back until we flagged him down for the check. He also never asked us if we needed anything else when he dropped off our food. The food was good but I wouldn't go there for a special occasion again...only for a day that might be slower which they can handle better. He did apologize (without us commenting on the service) for the lack of service saying that they were very busy. We had a reservation!Special Features: