147 Cochituate Road
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bellacosta.net/
- Phone: 5086261728x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am – 9:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering Available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
- Private Party Facilities: Bella Costa offers a warm, casual, and elegant dining experience. With a private function room, we would love to host your private events-from meetings, birthday parties, engagement parties, wedding receptions and more! We do not charge any room fees (room fees can exceed $100 at most restaurants).
- Private Party Contact: Paul or Bob 8772682490
- Entertainment: Live Piano every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: Catering and Private Dining options available - Speak to Paul or Bob at 508-626-1728 for more information!
A word from Bella Costa
Bella costa Ristorante has been a family operated business since 1986, warm personal service creates a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. The owner/chef and his staff serve you great food prepared with only the finest ingredients, top quality meats and seafood that is delivered fresh daily. We offer to cater any event at the location of your choice or in the perfect setting, our function room. whether you have a wedding reception, business party, baby shower, you can create your own menu from our generous menu offerings and we will attend to your every need we will make sure to make your celebration the one to remember. As a result of our quality food great prices and unsurpassed hospitality, we have received great reviews from local newspapers and the boston globe. Bella Costa has been voted "Best of the Best" for Framingham Best Italian Restaurant and #1 Dinning Excellence for 6 years running.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bella Costa reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- A birthday surprise!GrammyCatDined on 1/12/2014For my birthday lunch, I chose Framingham since people were coming from afar and did the usual restaurant search. Chose Bella Costa from the reviews and made reservations. We walked in and were welcomed by our charming waiter who seated us as requested in a quiet corner. He was informative and helpful but not overbearing--good sense of humor and accommodating to our questions and special requests. The appetizers were excellent--calamari and an Italian stuffed potato thing. Our meals were fine--the cook does a great job with vegetables. And the homemade desserts--fabulous. Really good coffee. And compliments from the wine drinkers for the quality of the wines by the glass. A splendid fun birthday lunch chosen by random reviews! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific GemSkipDined on 1/11/2014This evening was for a special great... Both of us celebrating our mutual birthday! The staff was excellent, giving us different selections of where to sit, the food was delicious and served with good timing. We will definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best Itallian metrowestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013This restaurant has been around for decades, the quality is still the best Italian food in Metrowest. Check it out you will have no regrets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dining experience!SkipDined on 12/31/2013We were seated immediately. Everyone was very cordial and attentive. The food was excellent and when the main course came out a little fast the server was very apologize which was not necessary at all. We will definitely go back and have already referred people there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined on New Year's Eve,coolmoDined on 12/31/2013We dined on New Year's Eve, so it was busier than average. The food is consistently good and fresh. It is a hidden gem in Framingham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonable pricesJanPDined on 12/28/2013Bella Costa is unpretentious. It has good food, great service and won't break the bank. We have been there four times and have always been happy.Special Features:
- Quiet on a snowy SaturdaysatisfiedVIPDined on 12/14/2013Quiet on a snowy Saturday night. Chris at the piano playing The Christmas Song as a wonderful backdrop. Food is consistent, Veal Rigaletti over penne was perfectly prepared and huge portion made a nice veal parm. sandwich for lunch the next day. .Ended dinner with Coffee Bella Costa flambé tableside. Extremely comfortable, warm atmosphere with a nice bar, too near the piano. A hidden gem in FraminghamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice dining experienceGrandmaDined on 11/30/2013Food is always good, good menu and wine list and, most of all, reasonable prices. A very nice touch is the piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but disappointing serviceEVLZDined on 11/16/2013The food was good, the service was rushed and had a few mistakes. It seemed like the restaurant was not prepared for this Saturday night. Price is right and the food is good so I'd like to give it another chance.Special Features:
- A Hidden Gem!MichaelTDined on 11/2/2013Bella Costa is a hidden gem. I have dines there several times and have never had a bad experience. The food is delicious and the service is well above average. I thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere and it is wonderful to hear live piano music in the background while you are dining. I highly recommend Bella Costa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely night outmbalexDined on 11/2/2013My husband and I chose Bella Costa for a Saturday night dinner out. We were pleased with a great menu, genial service and a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. The food was delicious and although the restaurant was full and bustling, we were still able to converse easily. The piano player was an added bonus. Great value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsChinobossVIPDined on 11/1/2013Bella Costa has been a neighborhood gem for many years. The brunch is fantastic. The house salad & dressing is delicious. I was happy with all aspects of my meal. The quality of the food is good. The waiter was extremely nice but very busy. The ambiance is great but the TV is a bit bright and overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not very goodF00d13Dined on 10/26/2013Service was not very good (slow). Food was good as usual. Noise level was very energetic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food... Slow servicenaa1211Dined on 10/26/2013My fiancé and I went out to Bella Costa for date night. The bread/oil and salads where delicious... along with the wine. At the beginning of the meal our waiter was very attentive, but toward the middle-end he tended to disappear after being sat a larger party. My fiancé got the oriental chicken salad, which he loved. And I got homemade rigatoni and meatballs! The meatballs were yummy and the pasta was notably fresh! Looking forward to going back again soon! :o)I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!RinneDined on 10/20/2013Good quality and very large portions. Perhaps the next time we visit we'll ask for easy on the olive oil on the vegetables or have them steamed. Otherwise, a very nice family restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceframinghamBelleDined on 10/18/2013Bella Costa never disappoints. My family and I dine here quite often, and it was nice to see the addition of the "small plates" menu, offering smaller portions of their popular menu items as well as smaller prices. I had the steak au poivre small plate, which was 8oz - much better portion size for a petite female. This is our go-to restaurant for a great meal with great prices and always pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live piano surprisefoodiedocVIPDined on 10/12/2013I thought this was going to be a nice run-of-the-mill Italian place... It really shocked me to have the food taste the way it did -- seriously, my Greek salad was out of this world!? And to top it all off, a live piano?! That was unexpected and quite a treat. Overall, you'll be happy.Special Features:
- ReturningstoughtonsteveDined on 10/12/2013The fact that we shall return to this restaurant says it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again the Bella Costa diddjlangDined on 10/5/2013Again the Bella Costa did not disappoint us. I had a veal dish and it was the best ever.No bringing home leftovers for us - we ate it all. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local foodie restaurantmarkb2002VIPDined on 7/13/2013Great dinners at reasonable prices, super service, will come back for moreI would recommend this to a friend.
- FAB LOCAL ITALIAN/GREEK FINDBostonianVIPDined on 6/28/2013ALWAYS GREAT, PAUL AND HIS WIFE ARE SO TERRIFIC. THE FOOD IS REALLY GOOD AND REASONABLY PRICED. PAUL BEING GREEK MAKES THE BEST EVER CHICKEN/LEMON'RICE SOUP IN THE WORLD! THAT SOUP WILL TAKE ALL YOUR WHOES AWAY! TRYING TO GET HIM TO ADD LAMB KABOBS TO HIS MENU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch prices raised to 17.95OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013Brunch prices raised to 17.95 per adult. Not worth the money for Father's Day. Place very crowded, too many tables added to the room. Very difficult to move around.
- 5 Stars!BellaFanDined on 6/16/2013We love this Bella Costa! We have been coming since 1991 when we started dating and are now married with 3 kids. We love the owner and his family! They listen to any concerns and fix things right away, but most of the time it is spot on no need for changes. Even will make my special requests as long as they have ingredients in the kitchen, anything to keep customers happy! love Paul & Bella Costa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for quiet Italian mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2013So hard to find a quiet place to talk while eating good food! This place has a very quiet back room with no music and the front room has a piano playing playing easy to listen to songs.Special Features:
- A local gem for Pasta, Shellfishmarkb2002VIPDined on 5/18/2013Another wonderful dinner at Bella Costa, with their typically fantastic service. The dinners are huge and delicious. They go well beyond homemade pasta, their shellfish specials are as good as anywhere. Probably the best value in Framingham, a local gem.Special Features:
- Nice BrunchJillandfamilyDined on 5/12/2013Went for Mother's Day Brunch and had a great meal. Reasonably priced buffet, good service, and comfortable atmosphere. The food was very good. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013A friendly, family restaurant, that did a great job "getting through" a hectic mother's day brunch. While the omlet station was excellent, the rest of the food and selection was average. Very nice people however.
- Bad for brunchEselworldDined on 5/12/2013I went here for dinner once with a group and everything was great. These people need to stay out of the brunch business though. The menu sounded great but very poorly executed. The only items that were better than microwaved dinner were the omelette, fruit salad and salad. Pancakes were literally like crackers. The bread a bagels were after thoughts
- Not recommended for Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013The restaurant was busy, as expected, however, people whom were waiting to be sat were standing against my chair and table while I tried to eat. As people were leaving the restaurant, the aisle was so small that every person that walked by used my table as leverage almost knowcking my drinks over. The food wasn't very good, with the excption of the omelettes. There wasn't much choice either. The fruit wasn't ripe and was very hard and the bagels were stale. I don't know if this was typical or just for Mother's Day, however, since the price was higher for Mother's Day, I would have assumed that the food would have been better. We ate and left in under 35 minutes.
- mothers day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's day. The food was very good and the service was outstanding, despite the fact it was extremely busy. Despite the volume, everything was well-stocked fresh and tasty. There was one table with a screaming toddler. The staff did its best to try to amuse the child or assist the parents. This is more of a neighborhood place so you had to accept that young kids would be there. Overall it was a great day out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for a Buffet BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013We were surprised to see that we were charged $17.95 for the buffet brunch, when the restaurant advertises prominently on their website that it costs $11.95. Thought that I must have misread the website when making plans for six, so went along with the high charge and canceled mimosa plans. Omelets cooked-to-order made for a nice meal, but wouldn't pay $17.95 to wait in line at a brunch buffet.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurant....casOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2013Nice neighborhood restaurant....casual and relaxedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service and atmosphereGrandmaDined on 5/3/2013The food, service and atmosphere are always good making for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low end, local townie place.AndyDVIPDined on 4/18/2013Low end, local townie place. If that's what you're looking for it's perfect. If not then it's problematic.
- Bella Costa delivers niceGrizzzfanVIPDined on 3/31/2013Bella Costa delivers nice food with great service. Given the choice I prefer great food with nice service. Nonetheless, we had a very nice Easter brunch at Bella Costa. The service is outstanding, very friendly at the front, attentive, quick and responsive. The food was okay. The omelet station attendant should spread the ingrediants around instead of placing them in a big heap in the center. The roast beef was pre-cut and not from a carving station. The salad was a single bowl. Desserts were pre-set for a bread pudding or tiramisu. I guess that we should have been clued in when Easter brunch was $17.95. This would be a much better choice on an ordinary Sunday when the brunch is about $13. You get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great place for casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2013Fun place. Décor was in-between something very nice to intermediate. I only say that because the booths were very basic and did not seem to match the rest of the design. The live piano player was awesome. It made for a rally nice environment. Great for casual dinning with friends or family. Food was very good. Typical family style Italian food. Not fancy, not high end. The price was just right as well for what you got.Special Features:
- We enjoyed dinner as usual.F00d13Dined on 3/9/2013We enjoyed dinner as usual. The food was very good.Special Features:
- The buffet was small and didOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013The buffet was small and did not have much variety. The food was bland and okay. The establishment was very crowded.Special Features:
- I thought it was just ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/19/2013I thought it was just ok. Food was just ok, service just ok so overall it was fine, but wouldnt return.
- Food was okay. But everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Food was okay. But everything took too long. Waitress seemed to completely forget about us.Special Features: