The Melting Pot - Orlando
7549 West Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/orlando/specials
- Phone: 4079031100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
We will be open at 12:00pm, for lunch, in December.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a large party room that can accommodate up to 36 guests and another private room that can seat up to 14 (great for birthdays). We also have a private lover's lane for an intimate dining experience for parties of two.
- Private Party Contact: Mark or Veronica, firstname.lastname@example.org 4079031100x
- Special Events: Want to make your special someone feel extra special? Celebration packages will be delivered to your table as a surprise!
Packages must be pre-ordered.
Balloon Package:A bouquet of balloons attached to your choice of milk, dark or white chocolate fondue waffers. Package also includes a picture of you and your guest(s) in a keepsake frame • $16
Rose Package:Two long stem roses in a glass vase and a picture of you and your guest(s) in a keepsake frame • $25
Rose Petal covered table $5
A word from The Melting Pot - Orlando
Orlando's favorite celebration restaurant. "The Melting Pot is pure entertainment," declares the NY Times. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two or a gathering of friends for a bridal or baby shower, Girl's Night Out, or birthday The Melting Pot has the recipe to make all your occasions special. Relax in our inviting,elegant atmosphere and let our attentive servers guide you through our selection of fondues, sauces and fine wines. Winner of an "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Orlando - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
The Melting Pot - Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (92)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (44)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great service but you haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2012Great service but you have to work to enjoy entree. But overall it was fun and will be back. Price was fair with open table deal.Special Features:
- We love to go to the meltingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012We love to go to the melting pot. Such good food. This location is not my favorite. There are too many tourists which makes it crowded all the time. If you want a quiet romantic dinner go to the Longwood location and ask for Fernando he is the best server. At one point in the meal there was a slight issue with the cheese, the manager came over and immediately took care of the issue. Overall it's a good restaraunt, just not good for date night.Special Features:
- Always ask for Brittany!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012A great place for special occassions. My favorite waitress is Brittany. She's very knowledgeable and has great recommendations. Every time I go to Melting Pot, I always ask for her.Special Features:
- Very dark, but not reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Very dark, but not really in a 'romantic' way - just felt poorly lighted. We were in a back corner booth and felt almost as though we had been placed in 'time out'. Service was attentive with various 'helpers' - including the manager - appearing throughout the meal to provide extras, refill drinks, etc. Which was a good thing because from the way our table was situated, we would not have been able to get anyone's attention should there have been a need. There is no 'waiting area' in the lobby and the bar area is insufficient for the number of people waiting for tables. Would we go again? Probably, but it's not in my top ten.Special Features:
- Being a first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Being a first time experience for my best friend and I, I'd say we had an amazing time. I will defintely recommend The Melting Pot to my friends and family!Special Features:
- Our server Robbie was awesome.AaronDined on 9/19/2012Our server Robbie was awesome. I would come back just because of his service.
- I have been to Melting Pot-OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012I have been to Melting Pot-Orlando multiple times. Everytime is always an amazing experience. This time especially, it was my fiancé's birthday and everyone employee that came to the table made it a point to wish him a happy birthday, even gave him a card. Our waitress Brittany was absolutely the best waitress we have had, anywhere! She should be training others!Special Features:
- OK ONCE IN A WHILEJojoDined on 9/16/2012Service Service was really slow, server was very nice but we seemed to wait ages, 10 minutes plus, for refills and it did take a while to get the "courses" out. Food Cheese Fondue appetizer was lovely, Chocolate dessert Fondue was yummy. We had Fondue Feast for Entree course and it was just OK, the Buffalo chicken wasn't nice flavor and it was sinewy. Cooking time for Veggies, especially potatoes need to be longer than they recommend. Ambiance Dark, and on top of your neighboring table we could hear everything from couple beside us. Value Did the magical dining so wasn't bad for what we got. Would go again but it will be a while as it is more fun than serious dining.Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2012The food and atmosphere were great. We were in a nice cozy booth, our server was great, the food was amazing. Just be careful if you are looking for a romantic experience and go on Sundays because kids eat free on Sunday.Special Features:
- The fondue style of diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The fondue style of dining is so different now from other places, and Melting Pot does it right. Their use of interesting flavors create a perfect menu for every visit.Special Features:
- The food is fine, but it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012The food is fine, but it's the overall experience that makes the Melting Pot special. Very friendly and attentive wait staff plus an interesting menu makes this a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Great for awkward first datesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012I like to try one new restaurant(to me) on Visit Orlando's Magical Dining list every September. This year I chose The Melting Pot because several of my friends recommended it. My husband and I really enjoyed it. If you want a romantic, leisure dining experience; this is definitely a good choice. It is especially a great place to spend time together getting to know each other. It was great fun cooking our own food at our table and the food was fabulous.Special Features:
- It's been many years sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012It's been many years since I've been to The Melting Pot. It was very good then but my latest experience has proven that the brand has updated to be chic and sophisticated with impeccable service and care to the diner. The food was very fresh and the choices were plentiful. A ggod time was had by all.Special Features:
- My girlfriend and I went toLayneNPVIPDined on 9/12/2012My girlfriend and I went to Melting Pot for Magical Dining month for a girls' night out! We loved the food and appreciated the options on the menu. The service was a little slow and at times we were waiting for things like refills or to have that stinky pot of oil removed from our table but the servers were all very friendly. We had a great time!Special Features:
- I enjoy Melting Pot restaurantsDerrickVIPDined on 9/9/2012I enjoy Melting Pot restaurants and this location met my expectations well pertaining to food and service, but I had to wait 25 minutes to be seated with a reservation.
- We loved the service, OurOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012We loved the service, Our waiter was friendly and very helpful! The food was awesome! a perfect romantic dinner!! I have already recommended The Melting Pot to my friends!!Special Features:
- Fun with Friends!LauraVIPDined on 9/8/2012Enjoyed our meal at Melting Pot! It was a great experience to have with another couple! Fun and enjoyable!Special Features:
- If you love fondue, you willRachelDined on 9/8/2012If you love fondue, you will love the Melting Pot. It can get a little pricey, but the food is always amazing.Special Features:
- Having never been, I was unsureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Having never been, I was unsure what to expect and had only heard good things. I really enjoyed the cheese and chocolate fondue, but was not a fan of cooking my own bite sized entrees in boiling flavored broth. Service was excellent, but the restaurant was overall tight and we could easily hear the tables next to ours conversations. Overall, I did not see value in the price we paid compared to the amount/quality of food we received. It was a nice change of pace, but definitely a restaurant I won't be frequenting.Special Features:
- This was a birthday celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012This was a birthday celebration. Our server was very informative and helpful. Food was delicious. Nice time.Special Features:
- Grat food. Superb Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2012Grat food. Superb Service. High end price but well worth itSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnerlocalDined on 9/4/2012We continue to enjoy fondue dining here for (usually) special occasions. Rosie was our server and was lovely.Special Features:
- First time fonduersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2012This was my first time to a fondue restaurant and it was great. I got an all American style entree while my husband got the Asian inspired one. I really expected the seasonings on the different meats to just dissolve into the broth, but I was really surprised how much flavor remained after cooking and that the broth didn't get "muddy" towards the end of the meal. We got the seasonal chocolate fondue with crunchy peanut butter and wildberry puree and it was AWESOME! It was an expensive meal, even though we got a discounted rate because of the Magical Dining Month promotion. We would definitely come back, but can't afford to often. Service was great.Special Features:
- We had Karl as our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2012We had Karl as our server and he was excellent. Would deffinatly request him the next time we come in. Thank you!Special Features:
- MIND BLOWINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2012One word...AMAZING! This was our first time there and all I have to say is my mind has been blown! Our server Brittany was excellent and so friendly. She also was very knowledgeable about the menu. I would HIGHLY recommend this place...We haven't stopped talking about it since our visit. We will be going back soon!Special Features:
- Our server Brien was greatBarbaliciousDined on 9/1/2012Our server Brien was great and the food was delicious. We did the $30 pp Magical Dining deal and our child ate free . We all had so much food.Special Features:
- What's nice about this placeRobynslp95VIPDined on 8/23/2012What's nice about this place is there are various rooms so couples can have a romantic evening while families can also enjoy their time out. The appetizers and desserts. Exceeded the main course but most people I speak to feel this way about fondue . The drink list was fantastic too. Only complaint was that the filet mignon was cut against the grain and had ligament so it was not tender . It is something everyone should try once , our 3 year old thought it was fun !Special Features:
- It was Worth it!VIPMemberVIPDined on 8/12/2012Have been here several times with consistent great service and food. This is a place to take a date. Huge wine list, good drinks. Service very good. Paid $160.00 for two which included appetizer, salad, steak/seafood and dessert. Had two Vodka Martinis and a coke plus tip. It was worth it!Special Features:
- Service was slw. Busy night.MonchDined on 7/26/2012Service was slw. Busy night. It was supposed to be a special night, "scrubs night", there really was not anything special, as they did not follow through.Special Features:
- The cheese and chocolate areJKMCSMVIPDined on 7/23/2012The cheese and chocolate are always great. The meat/seafood is not nearly as exciting. Salads used to be excellent, they are ok now. It's very expensive for what you receive, but it is fun to do for a change.Special Features:
- Great service and fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2012Great service and fabulous food! Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- We had an excellent time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/14/2012We had an excellent time here as always do! One thing that stood out was our server! She was amazing!Special Features:
- An excellent change of venueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2012You will usually have to wait even with reservations for 15-30 minutes. Once your at the table, the fun begins! It's a nice change to a normal evening out.Special Features:
- Great for dinning with children,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2012Great for dinning with children, my kids love fondue...
- We were there for our 30thOrlandoBondDined on 6/12/2012We were there for our 30th anniversary, and enjoyed the experience. We spent some time at the Happy Hour and the bartender was very accomodating and friendly. We felt a bit rushed to order when we were seated but we set our pace and the server responded. A good meal experience for the value.Special Features:
- Not quite sure why serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2012Not quite sure why service is so slow and why the food, although good, is overpriced.
- Initial impression was awful.HipichicVIPDined on 5/27/2012Initial impression was awful. Hostess was rude when she saw we had a child with us. Told us it would be 20-30 minutes for a table. 50% of the tables were unoccupied when we walked. Went to open table and told her that we now had a reseravation in 2 minutes and her tone changed. After that things got better. Atmosphere was great. Bartender/waiter were attentive. Desert was excellent.
- Thw Melting Pot was an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2012Thw Melting Pot was an excellent place to celebrate our anniversary. The atmosphere was so romantic and our server went out of her way to make the evening an excellent experience for us. We were so glad we chose the Melting Pot for our special occasion. It is really a place where the experience is as enjoyable as the food.Special Features:
- Delicious as always. EspeciallyCheeseizgoodDined on 5/11/2012Delicious as always. Especially White chocolate with Disaronno, yum!Special Features:
- Took our 3 children for theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2012Took our 3 children for the first time, ages 9, 6, and 4. They had fun.Special Features: