5655 W. Valencia Rd
Tucson, AZ 85757Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casinodelsol.com/tucson-dining/py-steakhouse
- Phone: 5203249350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: PY Steakhouse Chef de Cuisine, Erik Savin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us customize any experience and any occasion with the world class cuisine prepared by Chef Erik Savin.
- Private Party Facilities: Let Chef Erik Savin customize your menu to enhance your dining experience. Chef Erik will create a dream event for any size group at PY Steakhouse.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Brady 5203249350
- Entertainment: In conjunction with Casino del Sol, PY Steak offers the opportunity to dine before or after world class concerts at AVA Amphitheatre and DJ's at the hotel pool.
- Special Events: Join us throughout the month for wine tastings and dinners at PY. Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady and his team can create wine pairings any night of the week for you and your guests.
A word from PY Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful and historic Southern Tucson River Valley, PY Steak is a world class Forbes Four Star operation with an international wine list of over 450 selections and world class cuisine. Call General Manager and Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady, csw to arrange your once in a lifetime experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
PY Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
PY Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)romantic (91)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (56)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (14)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014the food was amazing!! Delicious. The service was a bit slow and we had to keep asking for simple things that should have been at the table, our bread, salt, more drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Just Keeps Getting BetterFalgianoDined on 6/18/2014As this was not our first time here I am pleased to say that it continues to get better and the food was truly amazing as was the service and it shows that PY does not rest on their laurels and continues to try to make it even better as they have for us this time once again. We love the opportunity to dine there and will continue to return and recommend it to all of our family and friendsSpecial Features:
- The thrill is gone.ChrisAlDined on 6/17/20143rd time not a charm. Medium filet was well done. Delays in getting served. Error on the bill. Was not asked about the lava cake when ordering the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyinhawaiihappyinhawaiiDined on 6/17/2014I was very excited to have a special dinner at the restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. I felt a "steakhouse" should be able to make a great steak. My steak was overcooked and burned around the edges when I asked for medium well. My husband's steak was also burned around the edges. My steak was butterflied and wasn't thick enough to be butterflied. My husband ordered the Au Gratin potatoes and there was more cheese than potatoes. Most of the dish was wasted. Couldn't even get a salt or pepper shaker. The server was helpful and did take off some of the price of my steak. The manager didn't come to the table to check on us. I probably won't ever go back. The servers helper and the server were great.Special Features:
- stupendous!!AwesomenessDined on 6/13/2014THE STEAKS WAS WELL PREPARED and the sides were delicious and the dessert was phenomenal! Love the different saltsand steak sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find this gem at the Casino Del Sol. Definitely will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PY Steakhouse-Del Solazchef1Dined on 6/12/2014Our only issue was a slightly overcooked Risotto ( Gummy and Pasty) and pacing between courses was too long. For casino dining, overall a great meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place for a Special DinnerAZ4NowDined on 6/12/2014Before I retired I visited high end restaurants quite often, but now it takes a special occasion. The PY Steakhouse was a real treat. As expected, the steaks take center stage and the wine list includes by the glass and an extensive list of wine by the bottle. Their Manhattan Project cocktail was outstanding. It is easy to go overboard with an appetizer, salad, side dishes and dessert, but when it is a special occasion--why not. In addition to great food and drink, the staff struck that all too uncommon balance between attentiveness and proper pacing. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.Special Features:
- PY's - a must doFastEddieDined on 6/11/2014Great service! The wine my wife had was exceptional. I really nice place to enjoy a quiet dinner out or for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineretired4goodDined on 6/11/2014PY's is a great place to go for a wonderful dining experience. The food is terrific, the service and servers are top notch, and the ambience unique. It is really a 5 star place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy2dineout66Dined on 6/7/2014the service, personnel, food was amazing. We will definitly come back we are also telling our family and friends to go eat there, waiters gave us personnel attention. We even had the best desert ever . Our meat was tender and very tasty. very elegant every thing was perfect. We both thank you for an excellent time Sincerely Mr. & Mrs. Gilbert GastelumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- py steak houseMGPHAASVIPDined on 6/6/2014Always enjoy the food here, never had anything we didn't like , great for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.DaveDined on 6/3/2014Lots of great surprises with food. The reason I couldn't give their food a 5 is my girlfriend's fillet was over cooked and her risotto was under. My ribeye was perfect along with everything else. Great menu and bar selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Reservation was easily completed. Service was fantastic with the waitress allowing time between appetizers and main course. Her presence was notable in fact that her check on us was quick and always with a smile. She anticipated our preparedness for ordering to eating to dessert to finally the bill. It was a pleasure paying the tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 434 reviews are from the PY Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Good FooddowntoearthDined on 6/3/2014PY is a very upscale dining experience. Not for children. I would never be able to afford this restaurant, but I won a dinner there from the casino, and I wanted to try it. For such an expensive restaurant it is not very big, and I was totally surprised to be able to see the chefs at work. This is not a place for people who like things simple - too elegant for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGManDined on 5/31/2014Ambiance was elegant. Service outstanding. The only problem was the t-bone, filet mignon and lobster were all a bit tough for such a fine dining establishment and knives are not serrated. We already read the same complaint, but thought it was an isolated incident. It was tasty but I’ve had more succulent lobster at less expensive places. Beyond that the sides were to die for. We had Butter Braised Mushrooms, Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, and Red Dragon Mac’ N Chees. The mushrooms were the best tasting I’ve ever had in my life. We finished with a delicious chocolate soufflé. My wife said she could see us eating there again. I would agree if they work on their meat and seafood, or just get serrated utensils.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantDoolingsDined on 5/31/2014We had a pleasant time there. Very happy with the service and the food.Special Features:
- Foothills resorts qualityPatnPattyDined on 5/31/2014In our opinion, the quality of PY is right on par with the foothills resorts, and better than the upscale restaurants in the area. Our 2 glasses of Moet were from a new bottle opened in front of us. We split an appetizer, and for our entrée, my wife had the fillet and I had the fish. Both were cooked perfectly - specially the steak, it was exactly between medium and medium rare as my wife likes it, which were not done right in most places. As a food channel junky, I am obsessed with plating …and I was super impressed by their contemporary plating and ingredient choices. We skipped desert as we were stuffed, but can't help but amazed by the finesses & varieties by watching them being brought out to other tables. Won't miss it next time.Special Features:
- FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2014last time we dined at PY it was GREAT! This time, so bad. Rib eye was terrible and baked potatoes were inedible.Special Features:
- JudyDined on 5/29/2014Beautiful restaurant with good food, prices and well trained servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceexFandBDined on 5/28/2014Second visit to PY Steakhouse. Nice ambiance, very good food, service was okay.Special Features:
- A second chance tells the taleFalgianoDined on 5/28/2014We were not that impressed on our first visit to PYs but this time it was totally changed and so much better right across the board with one exception. The music being played was too loud and to me having instrumental music played would make the ambience more suitable to the class of restaurant this is which s definitely. Food and Service were outstanding and one of my new favorite places but with possibility of earplugs.Special Features:
- outstandingjumboDined on 5/24/2014great place to take special people have parties and spend special datesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerSeafoodloverDined on 5/24/2014The only downside was out 45 minute drive to get there. Valet was excellent and told us where to go to find PY's. We shared Oysters Rockefeller, which were done perfectly, nice and soft, not all rubbery. Tasty topping. My son had steak and I had scallops. Both were perfect. I could barely finish the scallops never mind the delicious rice with veggies and a sauce. The presentation on everything was amazing. For dessert, I had the apple dessert, which was so so. My son had the creme brule which was very good. i would whole wholeheartedly reccomment this to anyone, especially those who like to play the slots as well. I found the prices reasonable for a steak house. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencessrcorb22Dined on 5/22/2014We have now been to PY Steakhouse at least 4 or 5 times since it opened. I think it's the best steak and seafood in Tucson. Extremely good choices, and the meals always come out cooked to perfection with a fabulous presentation. Cocktails are great......and quite potent! It is our go-to favorite spot. Sometimes the meals come out a little too slowly, but its well worth the wait. Appetizers are all superb, so you cant starve while waiting. Super breads and crostini breadsticks, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night outRobpDined on 5/22/2014as always, the service and food were outstanding! Very nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak excellentjadeplayerDined on 5/22/2014food was excellent with very good service. for a special occasion worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dbear1Dined on 5/21/2014Can't say enough about how good the service was,plus the food was great.We will be back,and for us it's a two hour drive.Special Features:
- Great dining experience in TucsonBack4MoreDined on 5/21/2014Fifth trip to PY Steakhouse - did not disappoint - Prime rib on Wednesday is a bargain - wine list is awesome and pricey.Special Features:
- Show up for the specialsinfreqentdinerDined on 5/21/2014Our visit was on Wednesday night when they have a prime rib meal special, making it $20 per plate. At this price we would definitely return. Prices for everything else were a bit out of our normal budget. Our server Molli was great. She was well versed in the menu and explained everything well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014After dining at PY Steakhouse, I would recommend this restaurant as the food, ambiance and experience were stellar!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner2hungryfoodiesDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary by enjoying a special meal at a special restaurant. PY fit the bill and did not disappoint. The service was great, the food was very good and we felt PY provided reasonable value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PY SteakhouseGramlyDined on 5/16/2014This restaurant always provides excellent service, and the food is excellent. I feel the prices are very reasonable as well. We have eaten there several times while in Tucson and will definitely do so again when we are here. They also are very accommodating for our gluten free diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaksCasinoguestDined on 5/16/2014The steaks are fantastic. The restaurant is clean and very welcoming. Perfect for special occasions or great place to take a guest.Special Features:
- Great Steaks..!Sweetdining2dream4Dined on 5/15/2014This is my second time here at PY; I've enjoyed both occasions and look forward to future dining pleasure at PY. Excellent place for special occasions. Enjoy your STEAKS..! ;0)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestretired4goodDined on 5/14/2014PY's never fails to provide a great dining experience. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. The food was excellent. My fillet melted in my mouth. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Lovely dining experienceTootsweetDined on 5/13/2014Our meal was excellent. My husband had Veal Oscar while I had their T-bone steak. We added scalloped potatoes, sautéed mushrooms and split the spinach salad. There was enough left over with my steak, potatoes and mushrooms for a 2nd meal at home the next day. The lounge area is also very comfortable and the wait staff is very friendly. A great date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All White DecorMikeDined on 5/10/2014A room with no windows, every thing is white and most customers are in jeans.Special Features:
- excellent dining experience2champsDined on 5/9/2014Excellent dining experience, from apps down to dessert, friendly staff. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Chef Eric is great the served and the Host are the best great JOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.