5655 W. Valencia Rd
Tucson, AZ 85757Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casinodelsol.com/tucson-dining/py-steakhouse
- Phone: 5203249350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: PY Steakhouse Chef de Cuisine, Erik Savin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us customize any experience and any occasion with the world class cuisine prepared by Chef Erik Savin.
- Private Party Facilities: Let Chef Erik Savin customize your menu to enhance your dining experience. Chef Erik will create a dream event for any size group at PY Steakhouse.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Brady 5203249350
- Entertainment: In conjunction with Casino del Sol, PY Steak offers the opportunity to dine before or after world class concerts at AVA Amphitheatre and DJ's at the hotel pool.
- Special Events: Join us throughout the month for wine tastings and dinners at PY. Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady and his team can create wine pairings any night of the week for you and your guests.
A word from PY Steakhouse
Located in the beautiful and historic Southern Tucson River Valley, PY Steak is a world class Forbes Four Star operation with an international wine list of over 450 selections and world class cuisine. Call General Manager and Sol Wine Manager Kevin Brady, csw to arrange your once in a lifetime experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
PY Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
PY Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)romantic (95)notable wine list (57)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (15)late-night find (13)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- PY Steak houseTLM2Dined on 8/1/2014The wine and service were great. The ambiance was so so. It was our anniversary .. My hubby says to ask how they cook the steaks because medium was actually well done. We would go back. The Au gratin potatoes were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningLuvngLifeDined on 7/31/2014The food was prepared perfectly. Little extra treats at start of dinner experience were fantastic. Help picking wine was spot on. Dining chairs were comfortable, table spacious for our party of 4. Wait staff very knowledgable and swift to keep up with all requests. This was a dry run looking for a special place for a special evening with a few family members and it is at the top of our list. Only down sides are - no scenic view and room a little too bright, but everything else an eleven on a scale of ten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th anniversary dinner- excellentXennvbDined on 7/30/2014Great food, good drinks, excellent service, very specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb !!RobertDined on 7/25/2014From the hostess to the waiters aide the service and courtesy were impeccable. Food was superb and delivered at just the right times. Hats off to the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJoyfulDined on 7/24/2014PY Steakhouse is delightful, especially as it is located in a casino resort setting. Superb service . . . Excellent prime rib . . . Loved the spinach salad . . . everything was just right!Special Features:
- Excellentluv2dineDined on 7/23/2014Every time we have eaten there the food and service have been excellent.Special Features:
- The best Prime Rib ever!!walleyewizardDined on 7/23/2014Wow, this was our first time to dine here. The service was above average, I had escargots served differently than ever, but were they delicious, my wife had oysters on the half shell also outstanding. The Prime Rib was the best I have ever had and I am 70 years old. We will definitely return!!Special Features:
- A great restaurantbirthdaygirlDined on 7/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at PY. The food was delicious, the service wonderful. The restaurant seems cozy and intimate which is great for special occasions or just a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quietly OutstandingLovetoEatDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful way to celebrate anything! Excellent staff, amazing food-taste and presentation. At first, I was a little curious about what I perceived to be "slow start" service wise. HOWEVER, this was actually a point on the plus side. It is the type of place where one needs to relax and appreciate the experience. We spent the weekend at the Casino and visited PY to celebrate an anniversary. I made referenced that event in my reservation & the staff surprised us with a special presentation with our dessert. It was very tasteful and not at all conspicuous or uncomfortable-and much appreciated. I have travelled for convention contracting & set-up in the past and have seen all levels of service, food and ambiance. PY makes the top 5 on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet MignonCasino777Dined on 7/19/2014What a fantastic place to celebrate my birthday! The food and service was top notch. A delightful evening and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucson GolferOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014We love PY's. Great service. Good wine selection. Manager is super friendly.Special Features:
- good food great priceRENEDined on 7/16/2014We all ordered the prime rib it was cooked perfect and tasted really good we recommend . Service was really nice and were always there to refill our water glasses as well as our wine which complemented our meal nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I thought my Wife was going to melt into her chair upon eating your escargot. Everything was world class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Night OutFabSDWeekendDined on 7/12/2014I took my fiance here for a special night out. Checked out the casino then headed to our 7:30 PM dinner reservation. Service was very professional and attentive. The bread arrived and was a nice touch as they had a foot and a half tall pretzel sticks. We got the pork belly as an appetizer which was delicious. It was funny how the service started out impeccably but dropped off as the night went on. My fiance got the shrimp linguine dish and it was just ok. The shrimp was pretty fishy. I got their signature t-bone steak. It was good but nothing amazing. It wasn't worth the $45 price. My au gratin potatoes weren't even hardly cooked. Overall it was a pretty good evening and we had a good time. Definitely some room for improvement though here.Special Features:
- Best steakbestintownDined on 7/12/2014This was a welcome surprise . It is very near by. Prior our favorite was Flemmings (which is still excellant) I think PY steak (petit filet) was better. It is melt in your mouth ,cut with spoon tender. There are wonderful sauces to go with it. Had to try them but the steak is to good to sauce it. Spoke with the head chef Eric . He had everything under control as we watched him critique the dishes as they went out. My side was shrimp and they were large and very good. My husband had mushrooms with his 10oz filet and claimed them the best. His came with marrow bone which he had never seen before and loved it. Notably the best steak house in Tucson.Special Features:
- Well Worth The VisitdcjcDined on 7/12/2014The quality of the food and service were simply outstanding! The chef is obviously experienced in fine dining and in control of the kitchen. Each course was plated with amazing presentation skills and vibrant flavors. We cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- saddlebrookefoodieSaddleBrookefoodieDined on 7/10/2014PY boasts "inspired cuisine," "unparalleled hospitality," and "outstanding guest service" to create a "perfect dining experience." Although the lemon fish was adequate for its price, bread did not appear until the entrée; and wine was substituted. Host Kevin Brady insisted that the 6/23 reservation we made for 7/10 (our anniversary) did not exist and that we could not have a booth. Instead, he seated us in the freezing wine room with other walk-ins, including a boisterous table of men who grossly discussed ex-wives' physical attributes. Our server had to squeeze between our tippy table and these men. Although Shana offered a complimentary dessert, we were billed for it. All of this added up to a less than romantic experience.Special Features:
- FS7DDDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent. Well prepare as we ordered it. Service was at hand when needed but did not hover. Server was knowledgeable about items on the menu. The dinner was not rushed and we had time to sit and talk between courses. Too many restaurants serve the entrée while one is still enjoying their soup or salad. Not so here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Went here hoping to get a great steak. Everything was very good...except the steaks, which were only average, although very expensive. Also, the ala carte side dishes were small. Mac & cheese a disappointment.Special Features:
- Lovely diningAzgirlDined on 7/5/2014Although this restaurant is in a Casino/Hotel - the service, food, and ambience were wonderful. Would definately return if we stay there again.Special Features:
- Not a good experiencewayTooLoudDined on 7/5/2014Hostess could not find our reservation made via Open Table but the manager seated us anyway. The bar adjacent to the dining area had live music so loud that the silverware was vibrating on the table (at 6 pm) making it impossible to have a conversation. On the Open Table reservation I specifically requested a quiet table. The food was good but the filet tasted a little "old". The service was fine despite taking over 20 minutes to get a glass of wine and a soda (there were 6 other tables occupied). Perhaps this venue is geared more towards 20-somehtings that are looking for loud club music while they eat. Definitely not an enjoyable experience for a 50-something couple.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Very pricey...when there is similar food for less. Wonderful servive though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014As always, the food, service, and atmosphere was absolutely perfect. This is the 1st time, however, that we did not receive a "pallet cleanser" before our meal. It had become a "perk" worth looking forward to when dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceDjeanDined on 7/3/2014The service was slow and unimpressive. We were a table of six and it took the server a long time to get our drink orders. Once we ordered our entrees there was a mistake and one of our party did not receive her entree. She was told that it would be out shortly but after 20 mins. We told the server not to bring the entree (it was STILL not ready at that time). In the meantime we had ordered a second drink and it did not come until the bill came. PY offered to box the entree as it was FINALLY READY at no charge but we were there for a concert so we declined. It was very dissappointing to say the least and I will not return to this place again.
- PY steakhouse, Tucson AZOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Well we went to PY for an anniversary dinner, it was rated really high online so I expected a lot. Overall the food was good, but not 5 star. The menu was average, with basic flavors. The steak was good, I had mine Oscar style, which was with crab bernaise and asparagus. It was OK, but the crab was a little fishy smelling and very very salty. For the price I know you could find a better steakhouse or at least equivalent for less money.Special Features:
- Yummy but nervous serveelasotakDined on 6/28/2014Our dinner was great. The portions were large so we over ordered. My steak was perfect and paired well with the sides we ordered and shared. Our server seemed stressed out and nervous the whole time. The other server was awesome. He was always there to refill our water answer questions and clear. But the main server rarely talked to us she just seemed to pace around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best romantic dinnerrchavez2005Dined on 6/27/2014Not only was the service amazing but so was our dinner. My highest compliments to the chef and staff. Thank you for making our night memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!rcia231Dined on 6/27/2014Overall a great experience. A bit pricey but worth it. We are not seafood eaters but I bet the seafood is just as good as the steak. Awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014The food was good but not at the level I would expect for the cost of menu items. Service was ok but waited 10 -15 min after being seated to have anyone come to table to acknowledge or offer drink. Steak was luke warm, not hot and part of filet was dry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/24/2014As usual, it was an awesome experience!!!!! We love going to PY for our special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This was my first time at PY and I will definitely come back. My steak was a little undercooked and my water glass sat empty for a little while. But other than that it was a great experience. I know I am being a little picky, but this is a higher end restaurant and I am holding them to a higher standard. If you plan on going on Friday or Saturday you will need to make reservations 1-2 weeks in advance.Special Features:
- TenderBirthdaygirlDined on 6/21/2014The service was really great and friendly. This was a comp for my birthday and was well worth the experience. It took a long time, so don't go if you don't have hours to kill. I ordered the rib eye, and it was to die for!Special Features:
- Great experienceDBtucsonDined on 6/20/2014From outstanding service to high quality and delicious food, I was not disappointed in the slightest in any capacity. Delicious mixed drinks and the best steak I may have ever had highlighted the evening. Dipping sauces with the filet were a bit overpowering but added flavor- though they were not needed. Steak was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014With the exception of the hostess who didn't seem to know where she was or what she was supposed to be doing, it was an overall great & pleasant experience. Everything you would expect from an upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014the food was amazing!! Delicious. The service was a bit slow and we had to keep asking for simple things that should have been at the table, our bread, salt, more drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Just Keeps Getting BetterFalgianoDined on 6/18/2014As this was not our first time here I am pleased to say that it continues to get better and the food was truly amazing as was the service and it shows that PY does not rest on their laurels and continues to try to make it even better as they have for us this time once again. We love the opportunity to dine there and will continue to return and recommend it to all of our family and friendsSpecial Features:
- The thrill is gone.ChrisAlDined on 6/17/20143rd time not a charm. Medium filet was well done. Delays in getting served. Error on the bill. Was not asked about the lava cake when ordering the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyinhawaiihappyinhawaiiDined on 6/17/2014I was very excited to have a special dinner at the restaurant to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. I felt a "steakhouse" should be able to make a great steak. My steak was overcooked and burned around the edges when I asked for medium well. My husband's steak was also burned around the edges. My steak was butterflied and wasn't thick enough to be butterflied. My husband ordered the Au Gratin potatoes and there was more cheese than potatoes. Most of the dish was wasted. Couldn't even get a salt or pepper shaker. The server was helpful and did take off some of the price of my steak. The manager didn't come to the table to check on us. I probably won't ever go back. The servers helper and the server were great.Special Features:
- stupendous!!AwesomenessDined on 6/13/2014THE STEAKS WAS WELL PREPARED and the sides were delicious and the dessert was phenomenal! Love the different saltsand steak sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find this gem at the Casino Del Sol. Definitely will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.