Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
1125 Fall River Avenue
Seekonk, MA 02771Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 5083435637
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
At Not Your Average Joe's, we build like we cook: creatively, from scratch, with guests in mind. One look at the renderings of our new Seekonk restaurant, and you'll see what we mean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk - Best Restaurants in Seekonk ›
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (86)good for groups (82)fit for foodies (82)special occasion (71)kid-friendly (59)neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (22)notable wine list (17)romantic (16)great for brunch (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2012Scallops too salty. Menu seemed limited/ smaller than other nyaj's restaurants; very noisy ; out of exploradora chardonnay I tried to order:( Missed not your average salad!
- only saw two tables that couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2012only saw two tables that could accomodate parties of six or more. the wait was long.
- I am sure that NYAJ will reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2012I am sure that NYAJ will really bring in a lot of business in this area. The restaurant is new an fresh an the menu is not like anything else in the area.Special Features:
- Average Joe's did not honorOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/7/2012Average Joe's did not honor our Open Table Reservation! We arrived 5 minutes early for a 5:30 reservation, and were given a transponder and told to wait. After 30 minutes we gave up and left. What's the point of making a reservation if the restaurant doesn't hold up its end of the bargain by actually reserving a table??
- Great Place Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012Always a great place! Great food! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was oddly average PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012Food was oddly average Pizza and focaccia/dip were memorable. Fries were greasy. Salmon was good. Edamame hummus was too garlicky.Special Features:
- Restaurant was very busy--JencDined on 1/7/2012Restaurant was very busy-- but we never felt rushed. Food was very good. Recommend!!Special Features:
- Had higher expecations. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012Had higher expecations. Food was just okay, nothing to write home about or to make me want to go again. Waiter was inexperienced but I guess that was to be expected but there should have been better training, especially on how to serve and not reach across other guests.
- Delicious but overpriced mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012Although the food was tasty and very good, I do think the dishes are a bit pricey for the quantity of food. 1/2 dozen scallops with two sides. Was not worth the price for this dish. I ordered : rosemary skewered scallops* new bedford scallops threaded on a rosemary skewer, pan-seared and drizzled with an orange-chipotle chili glaze, over israeli cous cous with roasted butternut squash, spinach and bacon $19.99. I would go back again but not pay this price for this dish. I have been to other restaurants that offer much more food for that price. The waiter Richard from the Seekonk location was very attentive and provided our table with excellent service. He knew the menu well and suggested a great wine, which I loved.Special Features:
- Good food, so-so serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/6/2012Just opened in Seekonk, NYAJ is a welcome addition to the area. We ate late after a movie on a Friday night, and the place was still hopping. The food was good (tuna wontons are stellar), but our server was not very attentive. After 10 minutes waiting for some wine to go with the entree, my wife's meal was cold and apparently the server noticed her agitation. Unsolicited, a manager did come over to apologize and offered a gift certificate for next time.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012We have been regulars at Joe's in Dartmouth forever. So excited to have this new location which is minutes from where we now live in East Providence. As always - excellent food, great bar, friendly service and bread / dip to die for! Long wait (same as Dartmouth location), but with a reservation, we had a table in no time. Definately our go-to restaurant!Special Features:
- Most creative, highest qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2012Most creative, highest quality food I have ever encountered at a chain.
- Food less than your average.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012Both of our entrees were disappointing. WE had heard great things about the food at these locations but the salmon dish my wife had was quite bland and my steak dish was tougher than it should have been.
- Was anxious to try the Joe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/6/2012Was anxious to try the Joe's in Seekonk. We were big fans of NYAJ in Dartmouth....then we moved. We were slightly disappointed in the menu changes. Some favorites were no longer available. They did try to accomodate us though....server was great!Special Features:
- Food in general was goos althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2012Food in general was goos although the farfalle pasta dish could have been a little larger. Also asked for asparagus to be added to the dish since you advertise being agreeable to special requests but the asparagus was served on the side instead. Although the enchilada dish was good, the tortillas themselves were cruchy on the ends and overcooked. I do like that that there is a choice of salad ro french fries with the sandwiches and the crab cake blt was tasty.
- Delicious food, good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2012We LOVE NYAJ and were happy to see the new spot in Seekonk open! The menu is spot on and as exciting as it is in Dartmouth (yum for the bread and oil too.... delish!) but the place still has a feeling like you just moved into your house and you're psyched to have people over but you're still not in your groove just yet and you haven't hung all your pictures. Know what I mean? Our waitress was efficient but a little brisk, polite but not super friendly... she told us she was new to Joe's and being a waitress. Understandable. Delicious food (almond crusted goat cheese salad and honey mustard chicken) but I missed the bright bold colors of the other locations...this one is darker and a little more brooding. Very good experience over all! :)Special Features:
- Went there with a party ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Went there with a party of 6 New Year's Eve. As it is a new spot, it was extremely crowded. Even with a reservation, we had to wait for a table; right inside the front door. Not the greatest location. Wait staff was busy, but friendly. Service was OK, but that could've been due to the crowded atmosphere. Drinks were good, but not timely. Chow was very good, although my expectation of my personal order was not to order. They left in an ingredient I asked them to omit. Overall though, I'd go again. I think it will get better as they find their rythmn.Special Features:
- Special ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011We had a few glitches but it was New Year's Eve and they had only been open for 3-4 days. The managers took good care of us.
- We'll be Back for sure!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2011We arrived 10 minutes prior to our 7:00 pm reservation and seated promptly after overhearing there was an hour wait without reservations. Our appetizers and entrees were thoughtfully prepared and delicious. The time between courses was perfect! Our server was very knowledgable and pleasant! I would even request her again! Our first visit was very pleasant and we will definitely return! Happy New Year and welcome to the area "not your average Joe's" !!!Special Features:
- Great Food - Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Staff goes out of its way to make sure everything is to your dining requirementsSpecial Features:
- We reserved our table andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011We reserved our table and crossed our fingers- the restaurant had been open less than a week and we were going on New Year's Eve! We were happily surprised, because the wait was minimal - 5-10 min at the door vs. walk-ins being told 55-65 min, which was to be expected. Food was fabulous, service was tops, and everyone, including management bent over backwards to please diners. We will be back- often!Special Features:
- Steve & Judy were excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011Steve & Judy were excellent host and we enjoyed meeting and dinning with them. Joe was very attentive to all the customer needs making sure everyone was happy. We have eaten at Norwell, Randolph, Dartmouth many times and feel this its a great location and a great staff, good luck and happy new year. Thanks again Steve & Judy it was fun meeting you. Denise, Valerie & CaleighSpecial Features:
- You can't beat the complimentaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011You can't beat the complimentary bread and oil! I've had many dishes over the years. This time I tried the butternut cannelloni with a cranberry teriyaki sauce...out of this world!!!Special Features:
- Great new addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/30/2011Great new addition to the before/after movie eats. Food was very good...fresh, healthy, innovative dishes. The waitstaff was especially attentive. The managers greeted every table and welcomed all new comers with discount cards and instructions to sign up for birthday coupons. Because my birthday had just passed I was given a dessert of my choice. Dessert was amazingly delicious! Presentation of plates was noticeable. The menu also included a wonderful selection of vegetarian choices. Definitely kid friendly.Special Features:
- Grea food! But we came onKatieDined on 12/30/2011Grea food! But we came on opening weekend, so it was a good thing we had reservations! The wait time at 630 was an hour and a half! Some of our party had to park at another restaurant across the street because it was so packed!Special Features:
- Excellent selection from dippingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011Excellent selection from dipping sauce to best pizza to entrees (such as encrusted haddock, etc.)Special Features:
- Our party of 5 had 12:30 reservatiodiggingdinnerDined on 12/30/2011Our party of 5 had 12:30 reservations but were not seated until shortly after 1:00. We were seated in the bar area at a long table with a bench on one side and just one chair on the other. We ended up having to seat 4 of us on the bench with the 5th in the chair. It was a very lopsided configuration and impossible for those on either end of the bench to hear conversation. That aside, the food was good and the staff attentive. The focaccia served with olive oil, red pepper and parmesan cheese was delicious and was refilled as we waited for our food. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- there is. Nothing "average"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011there is. Nothing "average" about NYAJ . Everything is amazing!Special Features:
- Although this Seekonk restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011Although this Seekonk restaurant just opened two days ago, they managed to do a wonderful job despite the mad crush of people. Everyone was helpful and personable even though it was crowded and incredibly noisy. We live close, so we'll be dining here often.Special Features:
- Great food and location!Romantic2Dined on 12/29/2011We have always gone to NYAJ in Dartmouth and it is one of our favorite restaurants...the food and service are always consistently wonderful. We could not wait for the new location in Seekonk to open. We went there on Thursday, December 29th. The food was outstanding as usual, but it was very loud and we could not hear ourselves talk. We figured it was because it had just opened and was very crowded. The good news is that I made reservations on OpenTable and the 7 of us just walked in and sat down. Our server Justin was awesome and we remembered him from the Dartmouth location. We are definitely going back because we love NYAJ!Special Features:
- Welcome NYAJ to Seekonk!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/28/2011We are so glad to have NYAJ in Seekonk. As former residents of Boston and consistent diners of NYAJ-Watertown we were so excited to see NYAJ opening in Seekonk and made a reservation to dine on the first open day. This location of NYAJ was just as great as the NYAJ in Watertown. The drinks were spectacular, the food was amazing, and the service was great! We were looking forward to the NYAJ bread but this was just ok (would have preferred it to be warmer). Nevertheless, NYAJ is definitely the best restaurant in the area and we will be going back as often as we can!Special Features:
- Great experience service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2011Great experience service was great our server James was attentive an prompt food was noteworthy. Only draw back was the ambient noise, it was so loud it was difficult to hear my dining partners. We will definitely go backSpecial Features: