Barclay's American Grille
1120 Pleasant St
Oak Park, IL 60302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Barclay's American Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barclaysamericangrille.com/
- Phone: 7088484250x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Barclay Room is located just off the main dining room and can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Huston 7088484250x
A word from Barclay's American Grille
The restaurant serves classic American cuisine "with a twist". Signature burgers, BBQ ribs, fresh seafood and an array of steaks and chops and served with our amazing homemade sauces and creative toppings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Barclay's American Grille - Best Restaurants in Oak Park ›
Barclay's American Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (10)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good food, casual atmosphere;edchrisnjDined on 5/12/2012Good food, casual atmosphere; casual dress. Attentive staff too!Special Features:
- Butterfish & mint .........RFHKVIPDined on 4/28/2012Generally Barclay's is spot on, but not this time. All four of us had the dinner special, which was called Butterfish Mojito. We were all excited to see butterfish on the menu, as not many restaurants carry. Butterfish is also known as Black Cod. It's a light white fish that is supposed to melt in your mouth. Unfortunately for us, this fish was overcooked, the mojito sauce (a mint topping) was too over-powering for the fish and did not add to the light, delicate taste of the butter fish. Our waiter, while good, was at times slow. We were not sure if he was new, or just having an off day.Special Features:
- Good food at fair prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Good food at fair prices. My only complaint is that we were informed by the waitress that the supply of certain menu items had been exhausted. It was only 7:00 in the evening. Restaurants should not run out of items that early on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- We were very happy with theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2012We were very happy with the atmosphere of the restaurant. It was quiet enough for conversation, but had sports on the TV in the bar area for those who were interested. The food was excellent. We had the bacon-wrapped pork loin with sweet potatoes and green beans and the london broil with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Both were delicious. Perfectly cooked. At the recommendation of the server we had the chef's own cheesecake for dessert-creamy and luscious. It did not disappoint.Special Features:
- A+ for Barclays American GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2012We loved the Barclays American Grille experience. The service was outstanding, attentive, knowledgable and pleasant staff. The menu offered choices for all size appetites and a wide selection of choices. The wine was good and most importantly the glassware was great.We would definately return again.Special Features:
- Decent place to take the in-lawsFoodieWannabeDined on 3/15/2012Decent place to take the in-laws for brunch or a casual dinner. The food is good overall and would definitely recommend it. During our first visit, we ordered the burgers and was delicious and cooked as requested- medium. On our second visit my burger was over done and too dry for my taste. Otherwise, good calamari, excellent drink selection, great tasting sides.Special Features:
- Very enjoable and under appreciatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2012Very enjoable and under appreciated Oak Park restaurant.Special Features:
- This is a nice, affordableDib99Dined on 3/9/2012This is a nice, affordable option in the neighborhood. Food is dependable, service is good. Good for watching games on TV too. Great place to meet up with friends.Special Features:
- Sunday evening with friends.LombardVIPDined on 2/26/2012Food great, service even better and price was just right. We will be back whenever we can.Special Features:
- The blacken Dorado was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012The blacken Dorado was delicious along with the fried calamari.Special Features:
- Awesome signature burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012Awesome signature burgers and sides. Mac & cheese, creamed spinach sides were rich and flavorful. Standout was the beer battered bacon! Very unusual and a very nice twist for an appetizer. Service was friendly and timely. Only 2 of the drinks and 2 soft drinks were credited for a value of less than $36, as specified on the coupon. We serf prepared to pay for any extras we ordered, but we did not receive the full value of the group on deal. It was devalued.Special Features:
- Great value for the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Great value for the money. Full menu and beverge list. Nice portion sizes.Special Features:
- The food was very good. SaucesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/17/2012The food was very good. Sauces were tasty and light. Service was very good.Special Features:
- My Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012I love Barclays! It is my favorite restaurant in Oak Park! Great large portions. Nice staff. Try to blue cheese chips! they are excellent! So is the BBQ chicken! The sauce is amazing!Special Features:
- Nice place. dinner for 80$OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Nice place. dinner for 80$ - 2ppl nice neighborhood.Special Features:
- They seemed to be understaffed.FriendlyDined on 2/14/2012They seemed to be understaffed. We got a slow start waiting for our waiter, then once we got our drinks, waited too long before he came back for our food order. Once our food order was put in, it came out pretty quickly, as the floater waiters and bus boys were on hand picking up and droping off in a timely manner. Our food was fantastic! Pork Loin so tender and tasty, spare ribs to die for, and our teenager had a hamburger. He said it was just a hamburger, but good. I love the menu. Will be back to try other dishes.. There is a table by a fireplace and window. Great table to request, but is also by the door.Special Features:
- I thought it was odd thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012I thought it was odd that the restaurant did not serve any bread before or with dinner. I had also requested a booth via Open Table, and we were not seated in one, even though there were a couple of open booths. I opted to not say anything. Our waiter was very pleasant, and as a former waitress,my opinion is that he seemed to have too many tables, not strategically disbursed. The food was very good. I enjoyed my experience, but not enough to necessarily go back in the near future - only because there are many other establishments I'd like to try, in the area.Special Features:
- The half rack of ribs wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/1/2012The half rack of ribs were ok, a little dry, but the peach jalapeno"sauce" was really good. Would've been outstanding if it was really a sauce. Gottah gotta get the tour ;)Special Features:
- Excellent food, friendly andPattyVIPDined on 1/28/2012Excellent food, friendly and efficient service. All-around great time!Special Features:
- We've eaten at Barclay's manyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/28/2012We've eaten at Barclay's many times and it has always been enjoyable.
- Meh. Don't feel like cookingOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/19/2012Meh. Don't feel like cooking and want to go out somewhere? This place will do. That's about the best that can be said. If you were blindfolded and the food was put in front of you, you could be in Bar Louie or a zillion other middling places. Too big and open a space to be comfortable and intimate. Walk 50 feet over to the sister restaurant, Poor Phil's. You'll have a better time.
- We have been to Barclay'sRFHKVIPDined on 1/15/2012We have been to Barclay's before, but never made reservations on OpenTable. We like the convenience that they are on OpenTable. If you like trout, try their pretzel crusted trout it is outstanding. I'm always intrigued with new combinations and the pretzel crusted trout is one dish not to miss. It comes with a creamy butter sauce and wild rice. As a treat we order the Mac & Cheese, also delicious. My partner enjoys the 4 mini sandwiches which he usually get 2 burgers and 2 pulled pork and raves about them.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Food was good, service was fair but workable. Worst part of the evening was when our entrees arrived quite a bit before we had finished our soup, which gave us the distinct impression that they were trying to rush us in order to re-use our table sooner. Waitress did not check in to see if everything was ok. Overall, a below saverage experience, certainly not a special place to be on New Year's Eve.
- We had a group of seven andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2011We had a group of seven and it was our first experience at Barclay's; everyone gave it a thumbs up. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and the food was excellent. We would definitely return. My request for a quiet table where our Book Club could have a conversation was nicely accommodated. It was a very positive experience and I was pleased because I picked the restaurant being the only one who lives in the area.Special Features:
- We ate here on Christmas Eve.JP007VIPDined on 12/24/2011We ate here on Christmas Eve. The menu had some interesting preparations that were very well executed. We will try it again.Special Features:
- Nice looking place but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Nice looking place but the food is terrible--like a cafeteria's food at best. Service was great and thoughtful but it was the blandest food I've eaten in a long time.
- We have dined at Barclay'sGaryVIPDined on 12/3/2011We have dined at Barclay's American Grille several times with family and friends. The food is typically "good", not "great" or "Fit for Foodies." On each occasion, someone from our group has had something that was outstanding and our last visit was no exception; the salad and entree specials were terrific. When our family cannot agree on a place to dine for dinner, Barclay's is a safe choice because of its varied menu.Special Features:
- Good blend between bar andFoodieWannabeDined on 11/23/2011Good blend between bar and restaurant. The food is miles better than bar food and reasonably priced for the level of quality they offer. One can go there for a casual and simple meal or a "fancier" event without feeling the need to act ostentatious. I wouldn't hesitate to bring the in-laws here for a good dinner especially with their variegated menu selection. I would recommend their cream of spinach and vinaigrette coleslaw.Special Features:
- Overall good food & atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2011Overall good food & atmosphere, and good food/drink service. BUT, I made my reservation weeks in advance and spoke with the restaurant a few times in advance because the main reason I was going there was to watch a specific football game (Northwestern). There are plenty of TVs, seems like a great place to watch a game, but when we got there and I asked them to turn on our game I got a lot of resistance from the staff. They put my game on 2 tv's and I was very grateful but then one was changed to another game and one was changed to Univision by accident. When I asked that they be turned back the bartender gave me a lot of attitude about changing the TV that had Univision (seriously??) and never changed back the other. Won't be going back.
- Quiet atmosphere,good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011Quiet atmosphere,good food, great beer selection!!
- wanted a table with view ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/1/2011wanted a table with view of TV's. Got the only table in house with no view. Luckily ND wonSpecial Features:
- Good sports bar, with aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2011Good sports bar, with above average assortment of sandwichs and full dinners Much better value than it was, when it was Philanders. worth the stop.Special Features:
- The server did not know whatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2011The server did not know what they still had available. When the meal came out she did not say, "oh we are out of this but you were given this instead." I had to bring it to her attention. She did not check up on us or asked if we wanted another drink. The key lime pie was a whip cream then any key lime. More than likely will not return or recommend the place.