Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
5003 Colleyville Blvd
Colleyville, TX 76034Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nextwoodfiredbistro.com/
- Phone: 6823254046
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ying Aikens
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full-service catering through Y2Kitchen for events of all sizes, styles and desires. We work with our clients to create a specific menu uniquely suited for your event, and we can also arrange for all service and rentals.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining center features a garden-room feel, seating for up to 60 guests including a Chef's table and provides a perfect area for a rehearsal dinner, wine-tasting, art show or special event of your choosing. Our staff will work with you to make your event flow smoothly and be a memorable time for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ying Aikens 6823254046
A word from Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
NEXT Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar is a casually elegant place to come and enjoy a wide variety of unique and delicious foods that come from our imported Mugnaini Italian wood burning oven using the finest ingredients and paired with our thoughtfully chosen wine and beer selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar - Best Restaurants in Colleyville ›
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (34)special occasion (22)great for lunch (14)romantic (13)great for brunch (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Will never go back! Sat atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2013Will never go back! Sat at our table for 10 minutes and we're never approached by a server so we left. It was a Tues. night and there were only about 5 tables being waited on, so it wasn't like they were slammed with customers.
- Outstanding!BEFjrDined on 10/25/2013Menu selection plus the GREAT specials make for an outstanding dining experience, plus the wine list is wonderful with the addition of wine specials be a big plus. And then the desserts. . . .are to die for. Great experience, highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badRockyDined on 10/19/2013The place is small and intimate; the food good but a pit pricey. A foodie would love this place. The service is meant to have that personal touch but can end up being a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerKirkDined on 10/18/2013First time for me inside the Next Wood Fired Bistro although my wife had visited one day for lunch. The Seared Ahi Tuna and my wife's skillet of Lasagna were both excellent, as was the house Cabernet. I was not surprised by the price because of the 4 glasses of wine, how good the food and service was and the fact that I picked a "special" menu item, but the total will, unfortunately, limit the number of times we visit in the future. We're talking special occasions good though. Actually, the Lasagna was moderately priced, maybe we will back for more of it... it was exceptionally good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service very good foodJchgprVIPDined on 10/18/2013No prices on the weekly specials makes you have to ask your server to come back again and again to find out what the entrées cost. Good wine list and great service.Special Features:
- Great for bringing guestsHeidinDined on 10/5/2013The restaurant is relaxed, casual and lovely. It has a neighborhood feel. This chef-owned restaurant has first class cuisine and drink. The staff are informed and the chef is top notch. The food is creative and delicious and several special dishes are offered along with a varied regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not, great food; OverpricedJasonDined on 9/28/2013Our second trip to Next Wood...they'd have to work hard to replicate the disaster from the first go around. Food was good. Better than average, but not great. Actual menu was different from menu on Open Table. The staff was average by every definition. The owners have tried to turn a former fast food building (taco bell?) into an upscale restaurant and they have done an admirable job. With that said, the pricing reflects a higher quality food and overall experience than was delivered. $60 for surf & turf that was unremarkable. Its not a Bob's or Silver Fox but more akin to Brio's or Ferarri's (for area comparison). Most opportunity for improvement is in the overall dining experience where the little things count the most.Special Features:
- Delicious!PizzaGirlDined on 9/28/2013This was our third time at Next, and just as wonderful as the first two times. Their pizzettes and flatbreads are fabulous, and they have plenty of other options as well. Nice wine list and great array of scotches among the rest of their bar selection. My husband is hooked on the Serrano ham, fig and goat cheese pizzette, and has ordered it every time. We have brought several friends here, and everybody has enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal...JollyDined on 9/24/2013Easy eating. There are always great specials besides a interesting regular menu that make dining at Next Wood a great choice for eating out in Colleyville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightFWFairmountDinerDined on 9/14/2013Our server was very engaging and perfectly handled a complex order from memory. The food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Tarrant CountyzorroVIPDined on 9/5/2013We dine here once a week and always look forward to the experience. Food and service are without any local peer. Patrons come from as far as Dallas to eat at NEXT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- say1say1Dined on 9/5/2013Took a friend there for her birthday lunch and she enjoyed it enough to want to return as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local spotBackyarddrinkerVIPDined on 8/31/2013I like thus place. Its got a good wine list and I love the cheese platter. Food is good and I always enjoy myself. We went as a group and they did the back room which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Deb was friendlyRozelDined on 8/30/2013Our server Deb was friendly and very informative. The food was fantastic from appetizers to dessert!Special Features:
- It's a regular on our night out litCapnDaveDined on 8/29/2013Excellent service , food ,menu variety .We ate about 7 p.m. And the ambiance was quite special, not too crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I been there several timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013I been there several times in a different occasions, with family and friends and never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic - as alwaystcuryankwilsonDined on 8/17/2013Food and service was exceptional. Could say that I wish prices were slightly lower but that is a very minor complaint considering the extremely high quality of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly AwesomePoolboy610Dined on 8/16/2013Great dinner served by the best wait staff. Francois is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising foodie findMontyDined on 8/15/2013We found this little gourmet restaurant while trying to locate something new that we didn't have to drive far to get to. Had driven past their small unassuming location a few times, thinking that "wood-fired" meant it was some pizza joint. It isn't. While they do also serve pizzas, their main business is selling chef-made dishes. Different specials each time I go in. Entrees typically cost $15 to $30. Portions are good enough for my wife and I to share entrees and salads, making the cost more budget-friendly. The staff are very attentive. Francois is an excellent waiter... his advice on selections has not led us wrong. They have a good selection of wines and Scotch whiskeys, as well as specialty drinks. The small bar is usually packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality food for reasonableTCsingsDined on 8/3/2013Good quality food for reasonable price. Chef is innovative and friendly. Great for a date night with extensive wine list, quaint. quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodLightman007Dined on 8/1/2013Special night, special food, service was excellent, what more is there! Great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great find.BofisDined on 7/18/2013I was looking for somewhere I had not been before for a girls night out. I picked so I sure hoped it was good place. It was. Good varied selection on the food and wine menu and great service. We were very happy with the food. We sat for a couple hours talking and they were very kind to us. Have already recommended and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint neighborhood restaurantclckaDined on 7/13/2013Quaint neighborhood restaurant with delicious food! Would recommend this to anyone looking for a night out! Wide variety of choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I was expectingbeachieDined on 7/5/2013My wedge salad was soggy. The waitress was very unattentive, Salmon was cooked perfectly but a little too salty. Spinach was the saltiest thing I have ever been served. My 2 dinner companions agreed. Won't be going back there. Complained about the spinach and the manager didn't even come over to apologize or visit with us. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Dinning ExperienceVickieDined on 7/5/2013The food was excellent and the server top notch. Would highly recommend this place to friends and clients. Look forward to returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much saltzorroVIPDined on 6/22/2013Although usually good food my last meal was saturated with salt which I could still taste when I woke up the next morning. Go EASY on the salt and let us taste the food.
- Best of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2013Love this bistro. Delicious food. Wonderful wait staff. Good wine list. Took gluten free friend there and server was very helpful with choices. Haven't had a disappointment on any of our numerous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findJetlcrDined on 6/15/2013Contrary to other reviews the service was excellent, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Food was excellent and the salted caramel chocolate cake was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need another opportunity....cookieDined on 6/6/2013Our lunch experience was less than our party of four expected. We had heard that dinner was wonderful, so we had high hopes for a delicious lunch. The lunch menu is large, but way too heavy on sandwiches. Ruben sandwich was lackluster and my friend's turkey club was BIG on quantity, but short on flavor. The chicken salad was the best selection in our estimation with the crab cakes coming in second. The Italian Creme Cake was good, but would have been infinitely better had it not been served cold. We want to give it another try. It is a lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy NextOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013Next is one of our favorite places. The food is always excellent, wine choices are good and desserts to die for. The owners have down a great job with this little restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for Holiday dinnerSusieq9001Dined on 5/25/2013They were out of several items and our waiter was overwhelmed and this was probably due to going here over the Memorial weekend. They seemed to not have planned for a "full house". It took a very long time to get our wine, take our order and we even had to ask for silverware. The food was pretty good. I'm thinking it is worth going again but during the week and definitely not on a holiday weekend. The staff was nice but again, train your waiters and make sure they inform you up front if you are out of something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even though we had our reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2013Even though we had our reservation, we were given the worst table in the restaurant--right next to the door. Though we asked for a different table, the two hostesses at the door were clueless about moving us, even though 4 tables opened up within a couple of minutes. Frustrating…Had an out of town guest with us, and we had been raving about the place, however this created a bad tone right from the start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent innovative foodTeriDined on 5/24/2013Don't miss the salads. They are all fresh and interesting and delicious! I love fish and some of the best ever. High quality delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013We had Mother's Day brunch there. There was a limited special menu due to the special occasion, but the service was greatcand the food of excellent quality. Everyone was able to find something that they enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and serviceWestDined on 5/9/2013Food was very good. Service was average. Server missed the type of salad for one of us. Overall a very nice place. We will be back. Also a good wine list and a very good single malt list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!GEMWDined on 5/2/2013Food is beautifully prepared & displayed - each of us had a different selection; all was outstanding. Francois - our waiter - was superbe et magnifique! Highly recommend this restaurant to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the second time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013This was the second time that we have been to Next Wood and the food and service are always top notch. Very friendly staff that accepted our late arrival with no waiting. Will dine at Next Wood at every opportunity.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, we alwaysDonBDined on 4/19/2013Great restaurant, we always love coming here. Food is great. Don't order the bread. You'd think if you spend $100 for two people, the bread would be free, but to charge me $1 for bread is an insult.
- We had lunch and the foodDBMBVIPDined on 4/17/2013We had lunch and the food was very good. The service was excellent. We have had lunch and dinner at Next with and enjoyable experience each time.Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013This was my first time at NEXT and we really enjoyed top top quality service. because the pricing is a le carte it can get quite expensive dining there buy the food and service are worth the pricing. Due to pricing i would not ;frequent" NEXT but I would go again for a special occasion.Special Features: