Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
5003 Colleyville Blvd
Colleyville, TX 76034Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nextwoodfiredbistro.com/
- Phone: 6823254046
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ying Aikens
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full-service catering through Y2Kitchen for events of all sizes, styles and desires. We work with our clients to create a specific menu uniquely suited for your event, and we can also arrange for all service and rentals.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining center features a garden-room feel, seating for up to 60 guests including a Chef's table and provides a perfect area for a rehearsal dinner, wine-tasting, art show or special event of your choosing. Our staff will work with you to make your event flow smoothly and be a memorable time for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ying Aikens 6823254046
A word from Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar
NEXT Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar is a casually elegant place to come and enjoy a wide variety of unique and delicious foods that come from our imported Mugnaini Italian wood burning oven using the finest ingredients and paired with our thoughtfully chosen wine and beer selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar - Best Restaurants in Colleyville ›
Next Wood Fired Bistro & Vino Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (32)special occasion (21)great for lunch (14)romantic (12)great for brunch (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- WHAT A MESS- NEVER AGAIN!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014We ate here 3 months ago. Service was terrible, very slow. But the food was good. We thought we would give it another try. What a huge mistake. Nothing has changed in 3 months. Service is still terrible. Service is very unorganized. Servers and bartender did not seem to know what was going on. (Poorly trained?) Took forever to get out drink order in, then server/bartender made the wrong drinks. (This happened twice!) Apps and salads came out together? Then the apps were cold. When we finally got our main course, 1 1/2 hours later, that also came out wrong! We did talk to the owner and she told us that there were other places for us to go eat!!! I would take the owners advice, and find somewhere else to eat! I know that we will not be back.
- The Cedar Plank Salmon is the Best!Top10VIPDined on 2/20/2014This venue is so quaint, but don't let that fool you! The food is simply 5 star in anyone's book. Try the Cedar Plank Salmon for some of the best, cold water salmon ever laid in front of your palate, which is cooked to perfection, and served with potatoes and veggies. If you want an appetizer, I highly recommend the pear pizza-delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy our visits heretcuryankwilsonDined on 2/15/2014Always enjoy our visits here - true neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceChas25Dined on 2/14/2014Deb is a great asset to Next her commitment to excellent customer service and knowledge of the wine list is second to none. I have recommended Next to several friends and co-workers. I would highly recommend Next for anything from a quiet dinner to a great place to meet friends or have a business meeting.Special Features:
- Dined with spouse on Valentine'sSteveDined on 2/14/2014Dined with spouse on Valentine's evening. Outstanding experience! The meal, atmosphere, service and wine were perfect. We had a great evening. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We love that NEXT is great cuisine and notably NOT a chain restaurant - both of those are hard to find in this part of NE Tarrant. Service is always very friendly, staff helps us select a great wine at what ever price point we desire. This time we thought the lights were a bit bright - making it more like lunch than a Valentine's romantic dinner. When we mentioned it to the waiter he immediately adjusted the lighting! We just wish that they had automatically replaced the silverware we used instead of our having to ask for more. could have refilled water without our asking, too. But those are small issues compared to the overall expereince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedNozzleDined on 2/14/2014Excellent Food. The roasted duck is only on the special holiday menu but should be on every time. Every time we have gone we try something new and have loved everything we have eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2014Have been to Next a few times - food is always wonderful. The service on our last visit was lacking, not so much in effort, but in knowledge about the menu and prices. There is a separate chef's special menu of about fifteen items none of which listed a price, so you had to ask about each one if you were interested. Then an entre selected was quoted at $24 but the price on the charge slip was $34. When this was pointed out to the server he just said he thought it was $24 and took no additional action. I would suggest additional staff training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outSmileguyDined on 2/13/2014Next is a very nice resturant with great food and great service. Everything we have tried here has been excellent . The wine list is very extensive and the wait staff very knowledgable and helpful. Nice cozy friendly atmosphere. Great for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy dinner atMikeVIPDined on 2/8/2014We always enjoy dinner at NEXT . . . varied and well prepared menu and a great wine list.Special Features:
- Upscale in ColleyvilleWineOVIPDined on 2/1/2014Quiet, intimate dining. Wild rice risotto was delicious, pork tenderloin was flavorful, wedge salad was ordinary and too full for dessert. Excellent service, good wine list. An upscale restaurant without having to drive to Dallas and Ft. Worth. Who knew this used to be a Taco Bell? Only the doors and remnants of the "drive thru" lane gave it away! We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always uniqueripcollinsDined on 2/1/2014The food is always unique and of great quality. The wine list has grown and is getting better all the time. For those local to Colleyville, make it a regular in your restaurant rotation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and Great ServiceEliseDined on 1/25/2014I absolutely LOVE this restaurant. Their food is utterly amazing, and the service is phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but it could be betterManuelDined on 1/22/2014A wine bar has to have assorted cheese plate. This would be a great add to their menu. Food is very good and the service is outstanding. I still miss tablecloths in Texas restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paella nightSnessNTXVIPDined on 1/21/2014Went for paella and was delicious. Nice selection of spanish wines to compliment the dish. And while there was a nice selection of tapas (small plates) the staff was not very informed on the choices nor able to adequately describe them. Ended up with a dish that was not as expected and would not have been requested if it had been explained correctly. Would recommend printing off a special full menu for these evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2014This was my third time to visit Next and every time it has been great. Great wine list. Great menu. Love the flat breads. They have some very flavorful appetizers like the stuffed peppers and the grilled portabella. Next is becoming one of our favorite restaurants Close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindGuestDined on 1/18/2014I live in the area and have driven by many times since it opened. Finally reminded myself that I wanted to try it out. Made reservations on opentable, which was honored. The menu online gives you a great idea of the nice variety of food to satisfy different taste in food. The wine list was extensive, bottles a bit overmarket priced, but they had a full bar. The food presentation was exquisite and tasty to the palate. Will be suggesting to friends and going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time to dine here.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/16/2014Our first time to dine here. Our entrees were exceptional. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was awesome.SK06973Dined on 1/11/2014The food and service was awesome. My date was on a diet and the waiter checked with the chef. The Chef made her a delicious vegetable dish. The appetizers and Desert were AwesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and service detractOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/11/2014Spent a lot of money on dinner with friends (and a couple bottles of wine). You would think given what would obviously a high bill that server would have paid extra attention. He did not. And ambience? They have done nothing to help it. Swinging doors to kitchen clearly visible and when they swing views into the mess. Small refrigerators for wine scattered about. Food is good but service and ambience detract too much to make up for it. Won't go back.
- Fabulous foodHeidinDined on 1/10/2014The menu is varied and extensive with an additional daily menu that is delicious. You can spend a little and have just appetizers that are sooo tasty or go for four courses with drinks. The chef-owner frequently peaks out of the kitchen to make sure everything is running smoothly and diners are happy. The food is delicious and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedsleenerDined on 1/9/2014After all the reviews/awards I saw for Next Wood on line, I expected much better than we got. Service was slow, and we did not enjoy the bright lights and bare tables as a special night out with friends; it had a cafeteria feel. Artichoke dip appetizer was great, but my duck was a huge disappointment; it was unsightly, a grey colored carcass plopped on the plate - very unappetizing, although not bad tasting. Hidden under the drab duck was a small amount of mashed potatoes, so I had a plate of grey and white. Bleh. No color or garnish on the entire plate! I asked in advance for a special dessert w/ candle for our friend, but that never happened; we had to ask for it in front of her (tacky.) Red Velvet Cake was horribly dry.
- Excellent food and service.GmanVIPDined on 1/5/2014Excellent food and service. A real gem. We'll be going back here again.Special Features:
- Great Treasure Find!MexiJeshuaDined on 1/4/2014The food was delicious and the experience at the restaurant was definitely worth waiting to dine out later than usual. Definitely will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014Wonderful venue for date night. The food is amazing, fresh and creative. The service is impeccable. The servers remember you on repeat visits and the chef comes out to greet each table to solicit feedback. Terrific Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveBeachbabe01Dined on 12/31/2013We attended the early seating on New Year's Eve. And had a wonderful meal. Lots of great choices in the pre fix menu. Not a "value" price wise, but we already new that in advance since we are frequent lunch dinners there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Dining Experience!LJDINESDined on 12/28/2013The moment we walked into Next we were seated promptly and served by Josh whom was busy but still able to provide us with ample knowledge of the wine list and menu items and provide excellent service. Our glasses never went empty and we were able to take advantage of the end of the year wine specials. Had a lovely sparkling for only $20 a bottle. To start we shared the Hummus and flatbread which came out from the kitchen promptly before we ordered our main course. We had the Pork Tenderloin as well as the Chicken Breast both served with amazing truffle mashed potatoes and julienned veggies. Finished dinner off with Crème Brûlée and everything was perfect. The ambiance, the service, the food. Just amazing. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and diverse menuTravelbugDined on 12/28/2013Enjoyed a fabulous meal with friends. Everyone had something different and all was amazing. Service was excellent. Great find!Special Features:
- OverratedGoodVIPDined on 12/23/2013Our entree was pretty good. There was no bread brought out in the beginning. So you just sit there until your meal arrives. Our experience is that most restaurants bring bread out while you wait. My drink was $17. Seventeen dollars? How is that possible? The most high-end restaurants in Hifhland Park don't cost that much for a simple mixed drink. There is no price on the menu so we didn't know. But $17? Gasp.
- Pork Chop Outstanding!Top10VIPDined on 12/20/2013The Pork chop entree is simply outstanding. First of all, it is 4 inches thick, lean, then cooked to perfection, not too dry, nor too rare. The sauce and seasoning brings out the best, in this exceptional cut of meat! Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar StaffTop10VIPDined on 12/15/2013You don't just go here for five star food! One of the bartenders, Josh, was formerly the head bartender at JR's in Colleyville, and he has not lost a step. I had my brother from out of state with me, and it was the opinion of all present, that these were the best martinis we had ever experienced! Go there for martini Monday and get these for only 7.50 each!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentshortyDined on 12/14/2013Next has excellent wine list, food and deserts. Selection varies each time you visit: from watermelon salad to lemon cake. The chef – owner, Chef Ying, is on site and ready to discuss menu items/specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesHUNGRYGUYDined on 12/11/2013This restaurant is close to home, but we would drive to enjoy it. An inventive menu with a good staff. The wine list is excellent. Best French onion soup around. Every pork item is exceptional. A true favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taylor's ReviewTexasMimiDined on 12/11/2013My friend and I love this place! We sort of have a tendency to overstay every time we go. We met for a girlfriends lunch at 11:30 and they basically had to throw us out to prepare for their nightly dinner service! So this speaks volumns about the staff and the food. We had their half sandwich and soup but they have a wonderful selection of entrees to pick from and the lunch prices are awesome! Wine prices are decent too. The location is not the best but trust me you will be glad you took the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flat Breads Fantastic!Top10VIPDined on 12/7/2013Don't forget about the flat breads at this very cuisine conscious restaurant! They are baked in a pizza oven, and come out, flat, crispy, and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plank Salmon-Unique!Top10VIPDined on 11/18/2013Many venues serve a plank salmon, which you typically take away to plate the salmon. At this venue, the plank is your plate, and your mashed potatoes, and veggies (both great, by the way) are all served, along with the fish on the plank, along with decorative sauces. Not only is the presentation colorful and unique, it is priced right, and the fish itself is prepared to order, and of the best quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of Nowhere But GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/16/2013Surprise find. Don't let the look of the building or decor fool you. The good was pretty good. Small space so make a rezzie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!MatcolleyvilleDined on 11/15/2013It's been at least 6 months since I visited Next, and they have really stepped things up!!! Wait staff was excellent and the specials were delicious! It's a perfect big city foodie spot right in Colleyville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Dishes Exceptional!Top10VIPDined on 11/13/2013We had the brie, pizzeta, and chicken for the entree. Each dish was out of this world surprising for an unassuming exterior in Colleyville. Not only that, but the waiter told us they will soon be serving Mi Sueno cabernet, which, like this restaurant, is a rare find! The prices are also very reasonable, so this is one that should not be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will never go back! Sat atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2013Will never go back! Sat at our table for 10 minutes and we're never approached by a server so we left. It was a Tues. night and there were only about 5 tables being waited on, so it wasn't like they were slammed with customers.