1735 India Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriafantastica.com/
- Phone: 6192341735
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have an outdoor patio that can seat up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Lexi Pallozzi 6192341735
- Entertainment: Thursday and Sunday evenings - live acoustic guitar
Friday and Saturday evenings - live keyboard music
A word from Trattoria Fantastica
Many restaurants in Little Italy have become destinations, among them the Busalacchi family's Trattoria Fantastica. The rustic décor features a relaxed country-style feel throughout the restaurant, including the delightful patio. The wonderfully welcoming atmosphere celebrates yet another delicious Sicilian food lineup, including pizzas and all that you would expect from an authentic Italian menu. The terrific entrées show the Sicilian influence, and fill the restaurant with great aromas.Continued
We would love to hear your feedback on your experience.
We would love to hear your feedback on your experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Fantastica - Best Restaurants in Little Italy ›
Trattoria Fantastica reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (12)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (9)romantic (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- It was fantastic, but definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012It was fantastic, but definitely make a reservation or you will be in line for a long time.
- Our second time here -- theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2012Our second time here -- the "terrazza" is fun with the hanging laundry and intersting things on the walls -- menu extensive, just right for us each time we have this same group in SD, and our gluten free pal was happy. I'd do a deep clean on the Caffe Zucchero pastry case daily -- maybe you do, we only see it about 10 at night each time we finish our meal. Excellent spot, very fun and the waiters are attentive.Special Features:
- I expect more after lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2012I expect more after looking at the website. It was really busy and the food was not up to par. I could get better Italian food at Olive Garden.Special Features:
- Overall, my last experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2012Overall, my last experience at Trattoria Fantastica was okay, but not wonderful. As a long-time fan of Cafe Zucchero/Trattoria Fantastica, I was disappointed in the new menu and the quality of the food. For example, the gnocchi with pink vodka sauce is no longer offered, and in its place is a pesto version, which was unfortunately swimming in oil. Good pesto, particularly when used as a sauce for a pasta-like medium, should be very green and much less oily. The pizza was similarly swimming in cheese and oil, as were several other dishes. It's a simple thing to make dishes that use LESS oil and are healthier and higher quality, but too many places don't seem to understand that. Maybe Trattoria Fantastica is one of those now...Special Features:
- We enjoy coming to San DiegoOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/5/2012We enjoy coming to San Diego for a little get away from the LA area and decided to try something in Little Italy. What a find this was! We couldn't find the lobster ravioli on the menu that so many reviewers raved about, but they did have osso bucco - WOW! It was every bit as good as we hoped it would be. Paired with a nice Super Tuscan red wine - PERFECT! We noticed there was a fellow playing music next door - actually through the doorway and patio from where we were sitting, and decided to stay for an espresso and listen to the local crooner singing along - what a lot of fun! Definitely where locals come in regularly for a great meal, some gelato or napoleon pastry for dessert - the perfect evening!Special Features:
- Artwalk Weekend ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012This was my third visit to Trattoria in Little Italy, and during ArtWalk San Diego 2012. I thought it might not be a great experience because of all that was going on that weekend. However the service was excellent and the food was magnificent as usual. I had the Lasagna and my friend had the Butternut Squash Ravioli, and we shared the Caprese...one word YUM!! The waiter was very pleasant and they didn't push us to get out when the meal was through. I appreciate that. I did make a reservation through OpenTable, and think this is helpful to do in advance. I will definitely return and recommend to others!Special Features:
- Great food and amazing dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Great food and amazing dessert selection from bakery & gelato counter. Margaret, our waitress was so friendly and helpful. All four in our group have dined in restaurant before but again impressed with food, service and ambience. Lobster ravioli and Halibut specials were excellent. Love Little Italy's energetic vibe and had a great evening.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian, generousJoeMDined on 3/29/2012Authentic Italian, generous portions, great taste!Special Features:
- Positive First Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2012Our first time at this restaurant. All went well. The waiter was pleasantly attentive and had a great attitude. The starters and meals arrived at the table promptly and all were very flavorful.Special Features:
- On our first time, we lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012On our first time, we loved the quaint ambiance and the polite friendliness of the staff. The food was deliciously tasty and in generous portions. We liked the neighborhood. We will definitely return and enjoy ourselves again.Special Features:
- Great food, relaxed atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Great food, relaxed atmosphere, and reasonable prices. If that wasn't enough a cafe is connected to the restaurant filled with yummy desserts!Special Features:
- This place was suggested toMeganDined on 1/31/2012This place was suggested to us by a family friend. Not only was the food delicious, but moderately priced and the 50% Off wine night made for a wonderful evening out.Special Features:
- Great spot in Little Italy.KarenVIPDined on 1/29/2012Great spot in Little Italy. Not as overpriced as some of the others we walked by. We made a reservation and were promptly seated and given delicious pita bread and oil/vinegar. Wine list was nice, we each ordered a glass, although the red was too warm. The food was amazing! My Spaghetti Bolognese sauce was the best I ever had/very meaty. My husband had rigatoni with the same sauce and some olives & tomatoes. He also said his was great! Great food and service and our bill was less than $50! We went to the connected pastry shop next door and bought some desserts to take back to the hotel to eat. Good cake and biscotti for about $4.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2012One of my favorite restaurants whenever I visit San Diego. Great food and service! Will definitely return next visit. Would highly recommend.
- It's a simple neighborhood dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011We had to wait for the absent hostess to seat us when we arrived on time for our reservation. The busboy seated us after cleaning a table and the waitress was less than attentive to our needs. They did provide a booster seat for our child and were very accommodating once she showed up. With the restaurant being pre-dinner and with few patrons we thought the service to be lacking. The Food was very good and the wine selection sufficient. It is without question a good neighborhood diner, much different than the italian restaurants visited in the Gas Lamp where we will go the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Great time! We had a veryDesdeVIPDined on 9/30/2011Great time! We had a very large party and felt very welcomed and attended to. The service was perfect, waiter was very nice. Food was amazing. All in all a great time.Special Features:
- I took an old friend to thissuprwestDined on 8/20/2011I took an old friend to this restaurant as a surprise, and ended up being surprised myself. The food was amazing (I went with the lobster ravioli). Atmosphere was nice despite being crowded on a Saturday night. I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good but theRLMJLVIPDined on 8/10/2011Food was pretty good but the service was not. Seemed like, if you were a regular, your party received lots of attention. If you were a 1st timer, you were in Siberia.Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2011Great Italian restaurant with outstanding authentic dishes.Special Features:
- Waiters were great, but theVisitingSFDined on 7/31/2011Waiters were great, but the food was just mediocre. Apparently this is a hot spot and it does have a lot of Italian personality. They were actually filming footage for MTV's Real World while we were there.Special Features:
- Try their grilled salad.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011Try their grilled salad. It was beautiful and delicious. Very refreshing.Special Features:
- Food was wonderful - fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2011Food was wonderful - from appetizers to dessert. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- With the vibe of Little Italy,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011With the vibe of Little Italy, a great showcase of Italian desserts, a wine list featuring Italain wines and a waiter from Italy -- it didn't seem like I was in San Diego after I walked in the door! The selections of food --veal, pasta, seafood -- seemed could match anyone's taste in Italian cuisine and everything at our table was delicious!!Special Features:
- Just great! We asked for outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2011Just great! We asked for outside non smoking (a sidewalk table might have caught unregulated sidewalk secondhand smoke) and we were seated in the back patio, which had the charm of an Italian back street, and HEATERS! Accomodating service folk, nice place to linger. Really good!Special Features:
- The service was amazing! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011The service was amazing! We had a large group and the server (Vince) was very friendly and on top of his game. The whole party had a great time and everyone enjoyed their meal :) They were also able to accommodate a wheelchair in our party, last minute!Special Features:
- The name of this place doesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2011The name of this place does not match the food; it was not fantastic. Anytime there is Pasta al Fredo on the menu, rest assured they're not selling authentic Italian fare. My food was bland and a bit gritty. The service was good, as well as the ambiance. We won't be back and will look for better hole-in-the wall authentic Italian food next time we visit.
- We have eaten here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2011We have eaten here many times and the food is always excellent. Also, the waiters are cute.Special Features:
- We'll be back soon!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2011Hostess was overwhelmed, but our waiter was outstanding. Food was exceptional! Tuesday night is evidently 50% off any bottle on the wine list, so that may explain the chaos at the hostess stand. Restaurant and menu had a very authentic feel, and reminded me of many of the local restaurants in Naples. Canoli, espresso and gelato were a great way to end the evening. It was definitely not dinner, but a dining experience. We have already recommended this place to our friends.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2011Had a wonderful dinner in Little Italy. Great food, attentive staff. Cozy and romantic.Special Features:
- We were in San Diego for aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2011We were in San Diego for a conference and stumbled upon Trattoria Fantastica. It certainly lived up to its name. We were served by the owner who was charming and service minded. The food was exceptional and the atmosphere was perfect for our group. I will return next time I am in San Diego!Special Features:
- Great small place in LittleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2011Great small place in Little Italy. went for Valentines. Food was good I got the Risotto which alright wasn't as creamy as I would liked. Bruschetta was amazing though. I would return again.Special Features:
- We love love love TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2011We love love love Trattoria Fantastica!!!!!! The food is great and so is the service! We go there frequently and love it every time, awesome restaurant!!!!!!Special Features:
- We sat at a table for 20 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011We sat at a table for 20 minutes without being greeted or offered drinks. A carafe of water and table bread was dropped off by a busboy. I was really looking forward to trying the restaurant out from the reviews here. Ultimately this poor experience lays on the hostess who didn't relay to the server they had been sat or noticing we havent been greeted but hen again the manager(maybe even the owner) was chatting away on his cell phone.
- Great food, very helpful service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2011Great food, very helpful service, and all around very positive dining experience. The large antipasti platter is wonderful and good to share. Pizza's are outstanding and don't miss the desserts, especially the cannoli!Special Features:
- Osso Bucco was very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2011Osso Bucco was very nice! Service was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Great Italian food, warm ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/8/2011Great Italian food, warm ambiance, bustling environment with fabulous bakery with outstanding Italian cookies and gelato!Special Features:
- Very accommodating (chef)OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/3/2011Very accommodating (chef) for special food orders (allergies) and excellent food.Special Features:
- A friend invited me for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2010A friend invited me for dinner and I loved it. Will go again. Thank You.Special Features:
- we have eaten here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2010we have eaten here many times before and loved it. Our last experience was ho hum, the food was fair. We have decided not to return as Little Itaaly has many options.
- Food was good and everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2010Food was good and everything was enjoyable once inside the restaurant. However, they did manage to miss our reservation and we had to wait an extra 30 minutes to be seated, even though the maitre d acknowledged having our reservation on file. After this debacle, no effort at making ammends was made and in fact the maitre d reacted with certain rudeness at our insistence of being seated according to our reservation and made no apologies. My reccomendation: keep the kitchen staff, fire the maitre d.