1735 India Street
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trattoriafantastica.com/
- Phone: 6192341735
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have an outdoor patio that can seat up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Lexi Pallozzi 6192341735
- Entertainment: Thursday and Sunday evenings - live acoustic guitar
Friday and Saturday evenings - live keyboard music
A word from Trattoria Fantastica
Many restaurants in Little Italy have become destinations, among them the Busalacchi family's Trattoria Fantastica. The rustic décor features a relaxed country-style feel throughout the restaurant, including the delightful patio. The wonderfully welcoming atmosphere celebrates yet another delicious Sicilian food lineup, including pizzas and all that you would expect from an authentic Italian menu. The terrific entrées show the Sicilian influence, and fill the restaurant with great aromas.Continued
We would love to hear your feedback on your experience.
We would love to hear your feedback on your experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Trattoria Fantastica - Best Restaurants in Little Italy ›
Trattoria Fantastica reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Ive been to this restaurantGreenEyedGirlDined on 5/19/2013Ive been to this restaurant for many years, infact, have enjoyed the families many restaurants time and again! My family and I visited on the day of an Italian Festival, which are always a lot of fun but very hectic. That didn't seem to change how the service, food, ambience, etc was handled... infact, we had one of the best times on that afternoon! The scenic view I checked because its of the bustling street in front as there are always people strolling by, groups of the ol' time locals hanging out to chat, cars parked and folks stopping to admire the classic beauties, etc. Overall, well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aimed at tourists I thinkHappyDinerVIPDined on 5/18/2013San Diego's "Little Italy" is too little and not enough Italian! Likewise, Trattoria Fantastica was not so fantastico. While the staff was very kind, the food seemed like a half hearted attempt to rise slightly above Olive Garden. Having grown up in Boston where our North End truly is a Little Italy rife with real Italians and authentic cooking and ambiance, this experience was a much watered down American version.
- Family and friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2013Had dinner with family from out of country. Good food,good wine, good time!Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantjoceDined on 5/5/2013Service was great, food was very good. Very nice place in Little ItalyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diiner spotSDFoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2013Had a lovely family dinner. Food and service were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Italy italianOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2013Great food - great service. The entertainment was good, but way too loud - could not hearSpecial Features:
- We had a small group of womenFun4AllDined on 5/3/2013We had a small group of women for a girls' night out and we had a wonderful time. Service was excellent and everyone's food was fabulous! I will defintely recommend the restaurant to others and come back again soon. Music was upbeat and festive, we didn't want to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Crazy4foodVIPDined on 4/28/2013A wonderful place with an excellent staff. We will definitely go ack again!Special Features:
- Gnocchi with pesto, order it!GavinVIPDined on 4/20/2013Food was excellent, actually a large portions we took food home which is rare these day but nice. Service was iffy, not terrible but not great, but the food made up for it for sure. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Had a really great time here.SeanDined on 4/6/2013Had a really great time here. Was looking for a nice place to take my family out as they were in from out of town and what a great choice I made. Food was good, big portions and great seasoned bread and dipping oil. Will definitely dine there againSpecial Features:
- Great Food In Little ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2013This was my first time here. The food was great, large portions, the salad was very fresh. The noise level got to be a bit high, but other than that this was a fun dining experience.Special Features:
- Food was OK , Had to sendEC45Dined on 3/20/2013Food was OK , Had to send back 2 chicken parm becuase it was burn't. The shining star was the service!Special Features:
- Good food in little Italy.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013Good food in little Italy. Excellent service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- A very Italian place with good foodVissidarteVIPDined on 3/17/2013Zino, the waiter, is a stand-up comedy act! He mixed up my food order and brought not only one check but minutes later a second one! He came across as rough and grumpy but later on reveal his charm by kissing my hand as I left.Special Features:
- Dinner was fantastic and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Dinner was fantastic and service excellent! We'll be back.Special Features:
- In the heart of Little Italy,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013In the heart of Little Italy, a great Italian restaurant. Great service, great food.Special Features:
- Cesar salad was ok but theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013Cesar salad was ok but the entrees were very good. The wine list included reasonable choices as well as pricy picks. The service was excellent and the waiter knowledgable.Special Features:
- We planned to eat her withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We planned to eat her with our college daughter and her boyfriend Friday night. My daughter and her boyfriend arrived first and said the waitress was very rude to them. We went to a different restaurant down the street and had a fabulous dinner and service. It is a shame that the waitress was rude. We will not return.
- Italian FoodetkgdkVIPDined on 2/5/2013This is undoubtedly one of the best Italian restaruants in Little Italy, always great food and service.Special Features:
- Found the restaurant on OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/2/2013Found the restaurant on Open Table and Yelp...good food..Special Features:
- Molto fantastica!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012I had the pescatore dish, which was extremely exceptional. The sauce was the right amount of spicy, the angel hair pasta was more than satisfying, had giant shrimp. My girlfriend's lasagna was cooked to perfection, we could not have hoped for any more delicious food that that! A great way to spend a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Very nice service - appearedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Very nice service - appeared to be family business which always makes for a special dining experience.
- It had been about a year sinceSD2tVIPDined on 12/23/2012It had been about a year since we ate at Trattoria and I was disapointed. The food and service was just so-so. The shirmp dish was over cooked, the chicken parm was a thin chicken pattie with melted cheese and an orange colored sauce on a plate of pasta. I don't think I'll be going back.
- Great meal, as we tried theStorminNormanDined on 12/22/2012Great meal, as we tried the specials. They were a little pricey (not surprisingly) but oh so good. I have never been disappointed with a meal served here.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Everything was delicious and wonderful! No complaints whatsoever! My husband had pepperoni pizza and I had a vegetable & noodle dish. Scrumptious!Special Features:
- Yummy eats, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2012Food was outstanding, as was our waitress, Margret from Long Island. She was a peach.Special Features:
- Little Italy Pasta SpotetkgdkVIPDined on 11/6/2012This is one of our favorites in Little Italy. The pasta's are some of the best you will find anyplace. The staff are friendly and the prices are very reasonable. Try it on 1/2 off any bottle of wine night for an added incentive. Also, try the duo appetizer, great assortment and plenty of food. We go often and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Great service. Very traditionalFabioVIPDined on 9/20/2012Great service. Very traditional Italo-American food. Generous portions and very gluten free friendly. Being Italian myself I would like modern Italian fair being showcased rather than the American adaptation of what Italian food used to be 30 years ago. i would say that this is more Brooklyn than Florence! certainly I wouldn't be able to take any visitors from the mother country there without raising some eyebrows ( Parmesan on fish??). But if you want, hearty, great tasting, well cooked food, served graciously in a vibrant and warm atmosphere, this is a great place to go!Special Features:
- The food Trattoria FantasticaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2012The food Trattoria Fantastica is Fantastica! The back patio area is very cute and a fun place to dine.Special Features:
- We sat on patio and thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2012We sat on patio and there was hardly anyone out there...most people were inside. However, it was very quiet on the patio with no music. We made a suggestions to the waiter that they should have music outside. Food was good and service was excellent. Has always been a favorite for me. We were all disappointed, however, in the Gelleto...had several different flavors and none were very good. Will not order Gelleto from there again.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2012We had a wonderful experience. The service ROCKED! The seating and table were perfect and we just loved being there! We will come again and tell our friends!Special Features:
- This place is REAL Italian.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012This place is REAL Italian. The food is as close to nonna's cooking that you will find! The hosts are very upbeat and entertaining. They offer good input and get you steered in the right direction for a memorable evening, or whatever time you go.Special Features:
- As soon as we arrived we wereBOS2SANVIPDined on 8/5/2012As soon as we arrived we were seated!! It was extremely busy at the time but it seems that using Opentable for a reservation alleviated any anxiety about waiting. It's a great little spot in the heart of Little Italy. One side is the restaurant the other, a pastry shop/gelateria. Unfortunately by 8pm on Sunday night the pickin's were slim for the gelato which was fantastic! We split a thin crusted pizza and an order of pasta bolognese. We had to take home the leftovers home! Crust was just right for the pizza and the sauce was plentiful on the pasta. Couldn't leave without a pastry so we opted for the cannoli. The filling was so fresh and sweet. We will definitely return. Gratzi!Special Features:
- Great food, lacking service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Wonderful food. Service was not great, however. My group of 9 was seated over a half hour after our reservation time, though they did apologize many times for this. it was difficult to get the attention of the wait staff when we realized they had brought bread and oil but no vinegar. When we finally told a waitress, she took the oil (which was almost empty) and brought only vinegar back. No idea why she thought that would be a good idea; I just asked for vinegar.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, theLisaCDined on 7/20/2012The food was wonderful, the service fantastic, the atmosphere delightful. A great place for any occasion.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Each dishFoodieDined on 6/27/2012Food was very good. Each dish was well-prepared. Pasta was al dente to perfection; sauce was well-flavored with depth and complexity; main ingredients were of generous portion. The restaurant is in the heart of San Diego's Little Italy and annexed to a cafe that serves authentic gelato and other Italian desserts. The decor is cozy; the back has an enclosed patio whimsically set up with faux laundry hung in air from a balcony. What ruined our experience was the service. Our waitress was curt and slow, did not even offer specials of the day; ordered drinks took 20 min to arrive and food 40 min, with no apologies. All around us were tables waiting for food for long.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong here!JenniferDined on 6/3/2012I love this restaurant, casual good food. The authentic and flavorful sauces remind you of eating in the best little side street Cafe in Italy. They menu is adequate nothing too fancy basic great food. The desserts yummm. Gelato is best is San Diego, still doesn't hit the true Italian Gelato standard, but closer than most. Wine list is adequate. This is not an upscale dining experiance this is your comfortable good food place. No Pretense!Special Features:
- It was fantastic, but definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012It was fantastic, but definitely make a reservation or you will be in line for a long time.
- Our second time here -- theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2012Our second time here -- the "terrazza" is fun with the hanging laundry and intersting things on the walls -- menu extensive, just right for us each time we have this same group in SD, and our gluten free pal was happy. I'd do a deep clean on the Caffe Zucchero pastry case daily -- maybe you do, we only see it about 10 at night each time we finish our meal. Excellent spot, very fun and the waiters are attentive.Special Features:
- I expect more after lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2012I expect more after looking at the website. It was really busy and the food was not up to par. I could get better Italian food at Olive Garden.Special Features: