Clay Hill Farm
220 Clay Hill Rd
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clay Hill Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clayhillfarm.com/
- Phone: 2073612272
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly from 5:30-8:00
Piano Entertainment Saturday Nights
Sunday Night Serenity with local musicians
Thursday Date Night with a FABulous Local Guitarist
CLAY HILL FARM PRESENTS...
Intimate Dinner Theatre Series
Tickets: $15 with an a la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus for backyard casual to black-tie formal.
- Entertainment: Piano Entertainment Saturday off-season
Intimate Dinner Theatre (Clay Hill Farm Presents...)
- Special Events: Angel Reading Dinners (In Season)
Clay Hill Farm Presents... Intimate Dinner Series
Prime Rib & Popover $19.95 Sunday Nights
Check website for weekly promotions
A word from Clay Hill Farm
Originally built in 1780 as a working farm, Clay Hill Farm is now a 220-seat restaurant and special occasion venue nestled amidst 11+ acres of rolling lawns, protected woodlands, and colorful gardens. Tranquility waterfall brooks, a pond, two generous garden-view decks and a picture-perfect gazebo, now accent the traditional Maine beauty of the original working Farm. With modern cuisine in a classic setting, Clay Hill Farm has become a popular dining destination in a country escape just 2 miles West of Ogunquit village. With a passion for seasonal and locally-sourced food supporting Maine growers, Clay Hill Farm has won numerous local, regional and national awards for food, ambiance and service. Voted #1 on the Seacoast for weddings & romantic dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Clay Hill Farm - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Clay Hill Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (93)special occasion (92)scenic view (64)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (31)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- DeliciousBakercheDined on 4/26/2014We chose Clay Hill Farm on the recommendation of a friend. The atmosphere was lovely and the service superb. Our party of six enjoyed their experience and all loved their meals. The salmon was perfectly cooked, the prime rib served to order, and the duck was mouthwatering. We will return during our annual pilgrimage. This is a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014This was our second visit to Clay Hill Farm. The first was a romantic dinner for our anniversary. This time we brought our 12 year old son who very much enjoyed the experience (and his duck) and we were again impressed by the service and atmosphere. It was, as we expected, an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- Fine for Special Occasionsglad2bhereDined on 4/20/2014We often go to Clay Hill Farm for special occasions. We started with crab cakes which were excellent. I had the Roast Lamb and my spouse had Chicken Cordon Bleu. As expected, the food was very good and presented in a straight forward way. The service used a team approach and was excellent from seating through the entrée. After the table was cleared, however, we sat for fifteen minutes without attention. This was surprising because the servers were still visible. We view our service issue this time as an anomaly. On the whole, we had a fine Easter meal and will certainly return.Special Features:
- First time was a charm!!ErnieCVIPDined on 4/12/2014I was very impressed with the charm, sewrvice and above all the wonderful food!! We will return very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant country diningStephenDined on 4/6/2014The dining room had huge windows overlooking gardens and several bird feeds to watch. Service was outstanding,Team approach to the wait staff was nice , someone always at the ready but not pushy at all.The building is a little tired, chairs were/are old banquet metal leg chairs, just looked dated. Overall though, the food was great, I had Duck, tender and nice glaze, my partner had the steak, tasty and cooked medium rare to perfection. Fingerling potatoes with veggies was very nice too. They also (on a Sunday evening), had live folk-ish entertainment that was fun to have in the background. Give it a try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful evening w/friends..!!WinnieDined on 4/5/2014What a wonderful place to dine. Have been here before & the food, service & atmosphere is always top notch. Just love this place from start to finish..!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We never disappointed withNenaVIPDined on 4/5/2014We never disappointed with the food in the dinning area or drinks at the bar!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walkingjane - Clay Hill FarmwalkingjaneDined on 3/28/2014Craig and I found our way through the fog to Clay HIll Farm, late March. A few other couples sat around fireside tables, while we sat next to a wall of windows looking out on a garden. The wait staff was attentive and friendly but did not distract us from our dinner. Homemade spinach pasta, artichokes and tomatoes with a delicious Chardonnay cream sauce was my lucky choice. The pasta was perfectly proportioned to the vegetables and the sauce was delicious without being too heavy. Craig likes the end cut of the prime rib where all the spices hide, which can be a tough cut. Not this one. Perfectly cooked, melt in your mouth and flavorful, Craig claims one of the best he has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to Clay Hill Farm fortediDined on 3/27/2014We go to Clay Hill Farm for special occasions and events that we are interested in. The food is outstanding, and the wait staff is very good, with a few exceptions...We travel quite a distance to get there, and we are never disappointed. It is especially beautiful in the Fall and Spring, with the grounds manicured and to watch the wildlife. It is a must for anyone who loves good food and beautiful surroundings.Special Features:
- RatingGuybeeDined on 3/16/2014The food was not up to the usual Clay Hill Farm standard - in fact, it was really terrible.Special Features:
- FabulousYummyDined on 3/15/2014We don't live far and I'm embarrassed to say tgat we'd never been because we thought it was too expensive. We needed a splurge night and change from our regular splurge restaurant and we were extremely pleased. The lobster bisque is award winning and should be and the beet wedge salad was tangy and tasty. We both had "common" meals, Pablo crusted haddock and prime rib that had twists that made them far from "common" instead exquisite. We will be back for sure, they are more reasonably priced than many places in this area with better quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful all aroundPeteNEllieDined on 3/1/2014We loved our meal and the service was outstanding. We will definately return in the future.Special Features:
- Great meal by the fireplace!Nannyto3Dined on 3/1/2014We have been going to Clay Hill for many years now. We love the fact that we can count on having a nice quiet romantic dinner on our weekend escapes. Love the fact that it is so quiet there, really seems like you really don't get that at most restaurants. Quiet and romantic, what more can you say! Try the Love Letter martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Food was great and the service is wonderful. Great atmosphere. Beautiful in the winter, can't wait to see it in the spring/summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFreddyDined on 2/22/2014We'd never been to Clay Hill Farm before, and we we're in for a treat! Everything was wonderful without being over the top. The waitstaff was friendly, not snooty, and the food was outstanding. If you get a chance, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time. The foodBonAppetiteDined on 2/20/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent; I had the haddock. The soup was rich and flavorful, but could have been hotter; it was served luke warm. The dessert was outstanding; apple crisp/a la mode. The only improvement to the ambience would be to have a cuter wait staff. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightSabrinaDined on 2/16/2014The food was so delicious and the service was great!! We first came to Clay Hill Farm in December (2013) for the Christmas Show and light meal. We were so impressed with both and couldn't wait to return!! This past Sunday I booked a reservation for a very special occasion. The meal was perfect in every way and now we are looking forward to other events that we can celebrate at this beautiful place! We are also looking forward to warmer weather when we are able to dine outdoors!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful meal at ClayBillDined on 2/15/2014Had a wonderful meal at Clay Hill Farm. Food was excellent and service is just the best. Will be back again in a month or two.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day MediocrityDinesOutAlot200XperyrDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine's Day, so maybe the restaurant should be cut some slack, but: Although we had a confirmed Open Table reservation and arrived on time or even a little early, we were not seated until about 30 minutes after the reservation time. The food was mediocre at best - for example the shrimp and lobster pasta came with shrimp, but no discernible lobster. The amount of wine served in the "wine by the glass" drinks was very noticeably less than what one expects. The service was slow and inattentive, and when the waiter did appear, it was obvious that he was rushed.
- Valentines Day 2014DennyDined on 2/14/2014Hostess seated us immediately upon arrival at an excellent corner table with comfortable seating, Choose the evening special for two. Food was outstanding, although delivery was overly delayed between courses. Servers were very good in spite of being extremely busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Scenic, and DeliciousbutterflydinerDined on 2/14/2014This is one of the most romantic restaurants we've experienced. Even though it's way back in the woods, it's always busy. However, we've never experienced excessive noise or felt at all rushed. All ingredients are fresh; and you can get classic entrees and dishes out of the ordinary. Our last visit was on Valentine's Day; and we tried the four course dinner. The appetizer, salad, and desserts were exquisite. I had the lamb and was very pleased with it. My husband had the haddock; and I have to agree with him, it was a little bland. I would have thought they might have a more classic choice on this menu. We almost didn't try it because of the limited choice of entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop and smell the rosesBillDined on 2/14/2014Clay Hill Farm offers a nastalgic New England farm setting off a windy country road just miutes from the hectic route one. As you drive up, the vallet greets you and parks your car up on the hill. In the lounge you will begin to unwind with a cocktail or wine, listening to a live pianist playing soft relaxing music. The dinning rooms are spacious enough that you aren't sitting on top of other guests and the waitstaff is professional and attentive to your needs. The food selections are traditional american but prepared and served in exceptional ways. Finish dinner with fine coffee and exquisite deserts followed by more relaxation back in the lounge. Clay Hill Farm delivers an experience that will reset even the most stressed visitor.Special Features:
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Everything my Valentine and I could have hoped for! The Duck and Prime Rib were outstanding! Great job guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful findKathyDined on 2/7/2014We have visited Ogunquit many times but had missed this restaurant. Valet parking. Open in the winter. Attentive waitstaffSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryDoakDined on 1/25/2014Had been away for 6 years, and this occasion brought back some wonderful memories of dinners past. So nice to return, and we look forward to another visit soon. Thank you for a very pleasant evening !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveninglizzieDined on 1/24/2014I have been going to Clay Hill Farm Restaurant for many years. The atmosphere is romantic, cozy, warm, and inviting. The staff is very professional and customer service oriented. This is a beautiful place for special occasions, weddings, and just a beautiful dining experience, with an incredibly sophicated atmosphere.Special Features:
- New Year's EvekjchsDined on 12/31/2013We had a delightful time. The menu, although not lengthy, was not the typical fixed holiday price. We were glad about that. The duck and the pork were perfectly done and presented. Our server was energetic and attentive without being overly so. On the down side, it was crowded and additional tables were set up as if they were caught a bit unprepared. The musical entertainment was great. We would definitely try this experience again and recommend it to those who want an elegant dinner in an old farm setting. I would definitely give them another chance to prepare for the fact that people are not running out the door on New Year's Eve but want to sit and relax. The decor was lovely and the wine list reasonable in price and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary restaurant experienceLadyCordeliaDined on 12/28/2013Everything about this restaurant was excellent - the food, service, ambiance, and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Day after ChristmasTammeraDined on 12/26/2013The restaurant had decorated the trees and shrubs outside for Christmas and it was beautiful. Our waitress was very pleasant and very accommodating. Our meals were delicious with a generous portion. The prime rib was perfectly prepared and the salmon was absolutely delicious. The vegetarian dish was very unique and very generous. The fireplace added the perfect ambience. We love going to Clay Hill for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Christmas DinnerMJSNHDined on 12/25/2013A very good locale for Christmas dinner. The only issue was they kept running out of things on their menu. On the plus side they did have a good vegetarian option ( for my wife) which is unusual in Maune and NH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodButchDined on 12/25/2013Service was slow. Prime rib was very bad.Vegitarian dish was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Xmas dinnertplcDined on 12/25/2013We chose Clay Hill Farm because we liked the choice of entrees being offered that day. We enjoyed the two bisques being offered that day, but the entrees were disappointingly bland. Two of us had the prime rib with popovers, which were very dry.Special Features:
- Charming Classic DiningbvalDined on 12/4/2013We have been enjoying Clay Hill for many years and once again it was a pleasurable experience. It's interesting that valet parking is making a resurgence and Clay Hill has always offered this extra level of hospitality. We celebrated our 42nd anniversary with our son and were all completely delighted with our meals and the service. One of the appetizers was not available and the chef prepared an alternate selection which we enjoyed as well as appreciating the extra care and attention. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingButchDined on 11/28/2013Outstanding food and service. This is our annual outing for ThanksgivingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLimaVIPDined on 11/17/2013Lovely setting; owner engaging and very knowledgeable; food was exquisite! Duck was Devine and prime rib tender and cooked to perfection. Only wish is that clay Hill Farm was closer to where we live!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional fine-diningMattDined on 11/15/2013Clay Hill Farm is a very traditional fine dining restaurant. The menu is classic American with classic preparation (lots of butter and heavy cream). Excellent quality and service. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it!ChrisVIPDined on 10/25/201325 Years ago it was upscale. The setting is still beautiful, but the décor needs some updating. The menu was limited and the food was below average. It has the potential to be spectacular, but needs some help from a new chef, a better wine list ad an interior decorator. I won't go back for another 20+ years.
- Food was Great!CarolGDined on 10/24/2013We traveled to the area and was recommended to Clay Hill Farms. The menu was a bit limited, but the food was wonderful! We had saw on line though that there was a deal for Thursday Nights for couples. Meal was suppose to be $69.00 for a couple along with music in the piano area. Well when we arrived, nothing was mentioned about the promotion, we were not given the option and there was no one for entertaining. I also felt that the waitress service was a bit limited. We could have used more water, drinks, bread etc., but no one came back to ask very often. And we were their with two other couples celebrating a anniversary. At the end of the evening they did give an anniversary card to the couple, but just felt a little to late...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great QualityMrMoodyoneDined on 10/24/2013Clay Hill Farm was the nicest dinner the wife and I had on vacation. Dinner quality was extremely good. Off the beaten path. Secluded, friendly and romantic. Definitely a "get what you pay for" quality without being overpriced. Restaurant way off the main road without any mainstream advertising, would not have been able to find it if not for employers 'Employee Club.' This was our first time at this restaurant and will definitely have our business again when we return for another vacation. We have been to many other restaurants in the area and have never experienced such great quality and service. Only negative thing I can add is the parking lot is dimly lit and unpaved, valet service IS available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodstevoDined on 10/20/2013We went for our anniversary and was perfect. We try to get there a couple times a year. As always the food and the staff were first rate. Truly a great place for a special night.Prices are reasonable. The entertainment of a man and woman singing were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.