Victor's Italian Restaurant
554 S. Ogontz Street
York, PA 17403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Victor's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victorsofyork.com/
- Phone: 7178547958
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: George Sheffer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music Friday & Saturday evenings. Friday Night Jazz every Friday from 8pm to 11pm and local music on Saturdays from 9:30pm to 12:30am.
A word from Victor's Italian Restaurant
Victor's Italian Restaurant has delicious food served in a quaint, cozy, renovated church. The atmosphere lends itself to romantic dates or special evenings spent with friends and family. All meals are made to order and created from fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Victor's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in York ›
Victor's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (39)romantic (28)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- AwesomeYorkDineDined on 10/12/2013Victor's is just an ALL OUT great place. Food and Service are above the rest. They have kept it itimate for years I think because they know the "recipe" for a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usual!StevernoDined on 10/3/2013One of our favorite places in York. Outstanding new fall menu, great food and wine that keeps us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time...we'll be back!GABBYDined on 10/2/2013A special place! Service and hospitality of management and wait staff was excellent. Cheese board appetizer was perfect. Entrees were quite tasty. Blackened walleye could have been a bit spicier. Ambience perfect for romantic evening out...corner table allowed for easy conversation. Timing of presentation just right. Rum cake a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerfoodiefanDined on 10/2/2013We haven't been to Victor's in a while, but decided to celebrate our anniversary there. It has always been a great, casual atmosphere for dining and has a fun neighborhood eatery feel with really good Italian dishes. This time, our meal was simply amazing-better than I ever remembered in the past. The short rib papardelle = PERFECTION. Service was stellar & we felt pampered; we got the fine dining experience without the pomp and higher price tag. Their wine & beer list was also much more expanded than I remembered from visits long ago; you can now have beer flights and their selection of beers is varied and really well thought out. If you haven't been, go. If you haven't visited in a while, DEFINITELY go back. We were glad we did.Special Features:
- One of York's best kept secretskcjazzDined on 9/21/2013Fantastic dining experience. Victor's sauté is an awesome dish for vegetarians. The new seasonal menu will bring us back very soon. The service team is exceptionally attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, Amazing Experiencerev89Dined on 9/14/2013Victor's resturaunt is the nicest place I've been in a long time. As someone who previously graduated from york college, I did not expect to find this type of dining experience in York, PA. The food was exceptionally good and the service was great. The atmosphere is also notable since it is converted from a church. I would recomend this to anyone looking for a nice dinner.
- Great againChrisDined on 9/12/2013Went here for a special occasion before and thoroughly enjoyed it then. Thoroughly enjoyed it once again. Great diversified menu.Special Features:
- A slice od heaven...IrishDined on 8/24/2013Our dining experience was amazing. Everything from the host (Zack) to our waitress (Bernadette) to the chef (George). The service was polite, attentive, knowledgeable and basically the best we have had in a while. The food was absolutely fantastic. Chef George even made a special gluten free entre for my wife and she said it was one of the best meals she has ever had. I would highly recommend Victor's Italian Restaurant. We will be returning often. Five stars are not enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our first time at VIctor's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013We liked the relaxed but upscale feeling of Victor's. We went for an early dinner so it was pretty empty when we first got there but the place was getting packed when we left. They have a great cocktail menu - i loved the Basil Lime Gimlet - perfect refreshing summer drink. My husband tried their Dark & Stormy and really enjoyed it. Appetizer was the calamari which was excellent. Lightly fried w/a delicious spicy sauce. I had Victor's Saute for my entree - it was amazing - the artichokes and olives really made the dish. Husband had clams, shrimp, & scallops over linguini - it was also very good in a white wine sauce. I can't wait to return to try more dishes and will try to save room for dessert next time too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, wine and jazz!!ZiggyDined on 8/9/2013Great little restaurant for a Friday night. Extensive beer and wine list mixed with carefully designed meals all tied together with live music on Friday nights!! Go to this place! Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerluv2eetDined on 8/9/2013All three of us thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Victor's. The salmon, shrimp, and chicken were all very tasty and were served good and hot. I've never enjoyed a more delicious cheesecake and my friend said the same for her crème brulee. Also, the wait staff were very efficient and knowledgeable about the menu. All in all, a most enjoyable experience --- we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningmhhyorkDined on 8/9/2013Dined at Victors last night with friends. We sat outside which was perfect. It was a beautiful evening and we were the only ones on the patio. Inside can get extremely noisy so we were glad to have the outside to ourselves. Waiter was excellent. Great service. Great personality. Started with the seared scallop appetizer. It was fantastic. Others in party had the mushrooms...which they loved. I had the filet which was fine to perfection. My wife had the naan pizza. She loved it. What a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked Away but Definitely Worth ItNewToYorkDined on 8/5/2013This little place, in a converted church, is off the main road in a more residential area of York. Being new to the area, I would never have thought to look back there for a place to eat. Boy am I happy I found it. It was in the York Visitor's Guide and I figured "why not?" Took the girlfriend for an anniversary dinner and we were both thrilled with the food. The place itself was nice and had a great feel to it, but the food was the main attraction. A delicious meal, we were both very pleased, and we would both definitely return again (although for a special occasion...too pricey for us to go as a regular trip). Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Just don't be in a hurryMallotDined on 7/26/2013We had a great meal and overall had a great time. My only remark is that it took so long to get our food. We waited for over an hour just for the salads, but the meal more than made up for the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing AppetizersmusedoneDined on 7/25/2013I would have rated the restaurant better, except for the fact that we never received the appetizers that we ordered. It seemed a long time between ordering and food - and when food showed up it was the main course. We then asked about the appetizers and the waitress apologized but never really explained. Anyway, it made for some confusion and made the experience not quite perfect. On the more positive side, we were there entertaining some co-workers from China and the waitress was very helpful in addressing menu and language challenges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2013My husband & I have been going here for 20 years and the food is always consistently good. We both had specials when we went there on Saturday and both were great. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2013Always get an exceptional meal @ Victor's. highly recommend. Only drawback for some may be the noise level.Special Features:
- Prepare your taste buds!bdaydiner29Dined on 7/6/2013It was my birthday and I just wanted to go out with a few friends. I'm am not from York, PA ad wanted to eat somewhere that wasn't a chain restaurant & that would show me a little about the city. I loved it! I put my reservations in online . I had to change them three times to add more guests. Each time I called they were pleasant and very accomadating. When we arrived everything was set up and ready for us. The staff was polite and friendly. The drink selection was great! My friend is gluten free and they had drinks for him. The atmosphere was great. I didn't like what I first ordered and they treated that situation well and had me a new and very delicious meal to in 15 minutes. They realy made my birthday dinner experience a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night restaurantTACoDined on 7/5/2013Overall wonderful experience. My husband did comment how lit and bright the restaurant was. The big church windows are beautiful, but let a lot of natural light in, which doesn't match the food and decor of the restaurant. Food was delicious. Calimari app was the best I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victory at Victor's!CherylDined on 6/29/2013Started with a drink at the bar....best martini ever....even better than my husband makes for me! Andrea, who was bartending was great! Really knows her stuff. For dinner we moved to the dining area and were quite impressed with the lamb that we had for dinner. It was excellent! Will definitely go to Victor's when I am in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Catch 22DexterDined on 6/29/2013My boyfriend and I made reservations for a Saturday night at 7:45pm. It's a cute restaurant and the menu, although a little pricey, was filled with great Italian dishes. He got the filet tips and I the shrimp pesto pasta. Both dishes were amazing and worth the price. The mashed potatoes were to die for! The downside of our experience was the noise level. As we prepared for a romantic date night, we found ourselves having to yell across the table to hear one another. You could hear every other table's conversation and, at one point, found ourselves not talking because it was just too loud. I'd return again to go to the bar. To pay a pretty penny on a delicious meal was worth the money, but not the date!Special Features:
- The entree was delicious butCNNEDined on 6/8/2013The entree was delicious but the salad left a little to be desired. The noise level at times was deafening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could be better for that priceChrisDined on 6/5/2013The food was ok. I liked the look inside and the staff was great but the food could have been better at that price. I would suggest they provide better food or lower the prices. Victor's was priced like a fine restaurant. We have eaten at many fine restaurants and this one was not at par with those.Special Features:
- Take your earplugs!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2013The sauce was on the eggplant parm overdone, but still relatively good. The Fruite de Mar was very good, could have used more pasta and less "juice", but was delicious. I had a hard time hearing anyone as the noise level was above loud due to a table of women each talking louder than the next. Sounded more like a hen house than a fine restaurant. That said, Victor's has come a long way in the last few years.Special Features:
- Pre-theatreDaveDined on 5/10/2013We went to Victor's before a recent show at the Strand and didn't really have time to enjoy the experience. Our food was very good and the house wine was fine for $28 for a carafe. The bread was very good and a little rosemary was added to the olive oil for dunking. Considering we rushed the dinner along we were very pleased and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Business lunchMikeDined on 5/8/2013Very good spot for a business lunch. I had the duck salad and duck was very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good York diningLovefinediningDined on 5/4/2013Good food. Nice presentations. Can be a bit noisy on a weekend evening. It has no curtains and wall decoration are a minimum so nothing is absorbing the noise. The bar is next door (other side of the wall), but this noise is rarely a factor. A weekday offer quiet dinnner. Wine choices by the glass are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delightfulStevernoDined on 5/4/2013One of our go to places, and never disappointed. Spring menu highlighted food in season, with some very unique preparations (I had smoked scallops).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greg bGabbyVIPDined on 4/13/2013Open Table really helps you find great Restaurants , I am from Baltimore Md i was looking for a great place to have Dinner before going to a show in York , there was VICTORS . Looking at the reviews all high marks in the majority and I know our experience was all 5 stars . From the Time we step into the door till we step out to head to the show all was great , I know we will return to Victors with Friends so they can enjoy also , Easy to get to off of 83 looks like plenty of parking , But i do suggest reservation .Special Features:
- New spring menu! The cheesejbekkaDined on 4/5/2013New spring menu! The cheese plate was fantastic. I had a shrimp artichoke pesto pasta and there was too much pesto for me but it was good. My husband had the chicken Parmesan and loved it. He had the rum cake for desert which was gone in two seconds.Special Features:
- Our first time at Victor'sCarolVIPDined on 3/22/2013Our first time at Victor's - everything was great - food, service, and ambiance. We will definitely go back...Special Features:
- We celebrated out 4th anniversaryKTMnBeersDined on 3/21/2013We celebrated out 4th anniversary at Victors. I think it may have become our new spot. The lamb special was one of the best meals I've ever had. The wife only eats chicken so she know her chicken. She raved about the chicken park. We will be comming back.Special Features:
- As new residents of the area,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013As new residents of the area, we were looking for a nice location for a nice dining experience. We really found it at Victor's. The service was outstanding. We were seated immediately and the food was great. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- First time eating at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013First time eating at this wonderful place. Noisy but the food was really great.Special Features:
- Good by York standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2013My husband and I dined here during a recent and rare night out without the kids. As far as York dining goes, Victor's is pretty good. We moved here a couple of years ago from Center City Philly, so we have been pretty disappointed in most York restaurants. But Victor's has a nice interior, it's not a chain restaurant (that alone sets it apart), and the food was decent. There aren't a ton of pasta selections, strangely, but there's a good variety of everything else. I had the chicken piccata, which was pretty good and my husband had a pasta dish with clams and other seafood and he said it was fair. The food at Bel Paese is just as good and not as expensive, but the interior at Victor's is probably a little bit nicer for a date.Special Features:
- Excellent find. This wasRobKDined on 2/28/2013Excellent find. This was our first visit to Victor's. The service was attentive and provided excellent guidance. The menu was diverse, but focused on Italian classics. The cheese board small plate was an great starter. The Pesto Pasta was incredible. I chose the Hot Sausage as it was recommended as a classic. The sausage was excellent and definitely a specialty. I'd recommend to all my friends.Special Features:
- Great food and dining experienceDrBombayDined on 2/22/2013A small church turned into a great Italian restaurant and a local favorite. While the wine list is good, the beer list is fantastic. We eat here about monthly and there is always something on tap that I have never heard of to try. The food is always good, and I still marvel that such a physically smal kitchen can crank out such good food so quickly and consistenly. The bar scene is always active with a fun mix of old, young,and inbetween andthere is nightly music with some great local and regional talent. The staff are warm & friendly. It used to be a place you could confidenly show up to without a reservation, but word must be getting out because the dining room is increasingly full.Special Features:
- A true neighborhood gem, withstevecaplanVIPDined on 2/22/2013A true neighborhood gem, with great food, great service and a lively bar, often with live music!Special Features:
- Interesting setting-a renovatedSteveVIPDined on 2/20/2013Interesting setting-a renovated church. Many nice choices for lunch-and a dinner menu was available as well. A very cold day and the leaky windows overwhelmed the heating system. Will go back in nice weather.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was great.BGravesDined on 2/16/2013The atmosphere was great. The service was wonderful. The food was alright, not bad, but not amazing. the risotto was unevenly cooked, but had good flavor. the olive oil and bread was great! the potatoes with the veal appeared to be cut from a casserole. the portobello brie appetizer was good, but i was surprised that it appeared to be on a hot dog bun.Special Features: