Victor's Italian Restaurant
554 S. Ogontz Street
York, PA 17403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Victor's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victorsofyork.com/
- Phone: 7178547958
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: George Sheffer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music Friday & Saturday evenings. Friday Night Jazz every Friday from 8pm to 11pm and local music on Saturdays from 9:30pm to 12:30am.
A word from Victor's Italian Restaurant
Victor's Italian Restaurant has delicious food served in a quaint, cozy, renovated church. The atmosphere lends itself to romantic dates or special evenings spent with friends and family. All meals are made to order and created from fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Victor's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in York ›
Victor's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (37)romantic (26)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best of YorkPghTransplantDined on 4/19/2014We've been here multiple times now, and this has become our go-to standard. We recommend the mushrooms and crab cakes for starters, the scallops or any if the pastas for a main, and the dessert with the espresso cup - delish! The ice cream ball is pretty good too. The service here is better than any more-expensive place, and their wine and beer list can't be beat in York. Definitely check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under appreciated gemGlennMillerVIPDined on 4/18/2014Victors is without exaggeration one of the finest restaurants in York. We have been coming here for many years and it just keeps getting better and better. From the high-quality creative Northern Italian cuisine, to the excellent service and wonderful atmosphere, it simply can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave more timeToadstoolDined on 3/28/2014Food was great, our seat wasn't ready on time so we choose to eat on the bar side at a tiny table, it was a little crammed but food was worth it. Leave plenty of time for your dining experience. Never had surf and turf made quite that way, very tasty. My wife enjoyed her meal as well, the food was worth the wait. The waiter was young and did a great job despite the busy area he had to cover Good craft brew selection, Peroni on Tap would have made the wait much better :) to many high test craft beers are not good for any commute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly staff, food optionbruceDined on 3/22/2014friendly staff, food option good for a msall place way tooooo noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Take on FoodHungryBaltimoreanDined on 3/19/2014First time there and love the ambiance - converted church turned into beautiful restaurant. Caesar salad was infused with a lemon zest that definitely made it different. Eggplant and chicken parmesan entrees were delicious! Could use a little bigger wine list, but the house wine was excellent! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was spot on. DessertskyleDined on 3/15/2014Dinner was spot on. Dessert was fabulous as well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I love Victor's.DeKeDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I love Victor's. The food is reliably good and fresh. My husband always gets the eggplant parm but I try different dishes. Anything with shrimp or scallops is my favorite there. I definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outKevinDined on 3/13/2014My wife and I had nice time. Small portions but very good. Would recommend it to folks that are into foo foo dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super experienceangieDined on 3/12/2014My husband and I did the date night Wednesday night. The restaurant is in a little neighborhood in an old church. We liked the atmosphere. They had a great wine and beer menu. The date night menu choices were limited though and portions were quite small. However, the food itself was delicious, fresh, and I understand "farm to table". Regular menu is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingIrishDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I went to Victor's with another couple and had the best service and food that we have had in the entire York, Lancaster, Harrisburg area. We like to dine out often and have not found a better, nicer place to enjoy ourselves. I highly recommend Victor's Italian Restaurant. Please be sure to make reservations because many other people have found this "jem" as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal (but dessert debacle)FamilyManInMdDined on 2/28/2014Our waiter Matt was fantastic. He was friendly, very knowledgeable about the menu, and extremely attentive. Grade A+ Wife had the soup special for an appetizer and I had the crab cake trio. Very nice. Wife had the chicken parm for dinner and thought it was very good. I had the shrimp and scallop pesto and enjoyed it. Bread was freshly baked and delicious. If we had ended the meal at this point, I probably would have given them a 5 because our server was fantastic and we really enjoyed the food. Grade A Unfortunately, they blew it on dessert. Drop me a note for more details since I have exceeded the number of characters. Despite the dessert debacle, we would definitely return, the overall meal and service were great...Special Features:
- Good, but......brianDined on 2/19/2014I liked the atmosphere and the service was very good. I also thought the food was quite good but if it were not for the wednesday special (2dine for $40) i would consider the food overpriced. The special was worthwhile and offered some nice options to sample. The meatball app was underwhelming. I make the same at home, only smaller. When i'm in a chef's " house" i expect to try something different and unique, not everyday. It was good but...not memorable. However, i thought the shrimp and asiago raviolis were wonderful-- flavorful and surprisingly light for ravioli. Overall, worth the trip for a special night out but don't forget the visa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but alittle noisy.JsmithDined on 2/15/2014The food was very good, but it was kind of loud, not ideal for a special occasion like Valentines or an Anniversary. Any other time well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice DinnerlittlelabowDined on 2/14/2014We had a very lovely Valentine's Day Dinner at Victors. The ambience was quiet and there was a quartet walking around singing acapella which was wonderful! Our dining experience was great, and the food was wonderful. I wasn't crazy about our waiter though. We asked him what the "Chef's Vegetables" were today as it was mentioned in one of the entrees. He said "I don't know whatever the Chef decides- I think it may be asparagus". There were some other questions we asked about the entrees, and he didn't appear to be very helpful. Other than that though - fantastic experience! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.DaveTammyDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend & I came here for Valentine's day. Our waiter was very nice & helpful, I wish I could remember his name. We had several questions & my girlfriend had a special request that they were happy to do. Both our meals where excellent. We had a wonderful time & will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful mealRobJDined on 2/8/2014This is such a nice place. Food was excellent and the service was great. Matt did an outstanding job taking care of us and I'd recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceSingerDined on 2/7/2014Victors is a real find in York, Pa. The food is delicious and the wait staff is excellent. It is a small place, so reservations are highly recommended, especially on Fridays and Saturdays when they have live music in the bar. A nice place to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out, once again!12341234VIPDined on 2/7/2014As usual, Victor's is the best place to eat in Central Pennsylvania. Inventive cocktails, great menu, fabulous service. It was a little noisy this time, but the place was packed, which is great to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute spot - lots of potential!MrshawkDined on 1/25/2014This was actually the second time in one week we got food from Victor's and the first time we dined in. Super cute place, great ambiance - we were celebrating our 10 yr anniversary. Our server was awesome as was my basil gimlet - my husband loved the craft beer options, the menu is really extensive. I had chicken parm last week and the pasta special this week, I don't think they make their own pasta - but they should. I enjoyed my meals - the salads are sparse though. We had a great time and think there is so much potential for this place!Special Features:
- Client DinnerSnowyOwlDined on 1/24/2014My husband and I brought one of our top clients here for dinner (her choice) and we were very impressed! Artfully designed, delicious aromas, pleasant and helpful staff, and the BEST italian food I have had for ages. The only problem was finding a parking space, which on a Friday night is to be expected. A full parking lot is always a good sign, too. We are looking forward to our next special meal at Victor's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbmaksdadDined on 1/18/2014The food is some of the best in town. We had a great night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Service was sub par.62FairlaneDined on 1/18/2014Fantastic food quality. Amazing steak. The duck was a little on the gamey side. I've had better duck at the Shepard Mansion. Waiter left a bit to be desired. Somewhere along the line someone failed to communicate my request for my wife's birthday cake and ruined a simple surprise. For what I paid this could have been a lot better experience. The waiter was arrogant, condescending, and didn't seem to care we were paying customers since gratuity was included.
- ImpeccableTastefulDelightsDined on 1/16/2014As a Hidden Gem known to locals, this restaurant has maintained its moniker in the community. From the ambiance of dining , to friendly and professional wait staff, to the Chef and his team, its by far one of the top places. The Menu is updated with unique collaboration of italian foods. Its impeccable to the taste buds! The Timing of meals is never hastey, they allow the guest to enjoy at leasure, as every mouthful is savored. !Special Features:
- It was our anniversary night,PalsDined on 1/11/2014It was our anniversary night, and Victors's came through with just what we were hoping for in a dining experience. Victors provides the Romantic ambiance coupled with great food and perfect service. We had a long leisurly dinner, never felt rushed, which is important to us. Thank you for knowing what to do to make everyone feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great everythingSemiRegularDined on 12/28/2013osso bucco was out of this world good the night we dined so was the tuscan t-bone steak, the cheeseboard with italian meats was well worth the money, simply couldn't fit dessert in. impressive wine by the glass list in addition to the beer selection(wife a wine drinker, and i can appreciate a well selected beer or wine myself). Service was top notch. Definitely make a reservation for this place! been here before and couldn't get a table ate at the bar before though just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner, Rushed ServiceEllenDined on 12/27/2013I hadn't been to Victor's for several years and was impressed with the changes to the décor. All started out well and both myself and my friend ordered the Veal Saltimbocca which was melt in your mouth good. This was a holiday gathering from my friend and I so we were talking and enjoying the leisurely flow of our meal. That was until the waiter came to the table, with carryout containers, picked up my friends plate and put her food in the container without even asking if she was done. Then he went for mine as I was taking a bite! We were flabbergasted. Then the check appeared and he stalked the table until (not saying anything) until we put our money out. I would still recommend Victors just be on the look out for pushy waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the best experience.Stacee1876Dined on 12/27/2013We had the best experience. No complaints whatsoever. Everything was just perfect. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average neighborhood ItalianphilDined on 12/21/2013If from the city- NYC or Philly, or even Baltimore, you Are likely to be dis- Appointed. Website menu has no connection to onsite. Standard menu items 86'd by 6:45. Salads were bland. Only redeeming value was team service. Might try again, but no rush. From York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lfunny you don't ask aboutsnowbootsDined on 12/16/2013lfunny you don't ask about price - I feel it is way overpriced for the service and food that you get. It is not outstanding cuisine compared to other similar restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Best in York12341234VIPDined on 12/13/2013This is probably the best place to eat in York. The serving staff, especially Luke and Bridgette, are great! The food is always lovely, the cocktails are fabulous, and this converted church is a beautiful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerdelightdinerdelight2Dined on 12/13/2013It was the first time to visit Victor's Italian Restaurant. We were not disappointed. The food was perfect and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food. We were compedJonesinDined on 12/6/2013Incredible food. We were comped dessert after not having a waiter for about 10-15 minutes after being seated. We were waiting patiently so wait staff courteously took responsibility without prompting. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were four of us. WeTrainmanDined on 11/30/2013There were four of us. We all ordered different main dishes. All four were excellent. Too many good desserts to choose from. The restaurant is a converted old church. Really nice inside. Everyone is service oriented and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great....everythingDrewDined on 11/8/2013This restaurant did a great job with every aspect of our meal. The service was impeccable and the meal was perfectly paced. The drinks were well made, and brought out in a shaker and poured table side. While that may not change the quality of the drink, it is a nice touch and ensures your drink is cold on arrival. The food was all perfectly cooked and well portioned. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit to Victor's andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013Second visit to Victor's and it did not disappointment. We were seated immediately and treated to a great meal. We'll be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualIrishDined on 11/2/2013We had another wonderful dining experience at Victor's Italian Restaurant. Everyone from the hostess to the waitress, the manager and the chef are all the most professional and helpful and talented group in the entire area. The food was excellent as usual, There were 6 people in our party and three of us had the chef's special, sword fish. I have one word, WOW! Like I said, another wonderful experience at Victor's.Special Features:
- Mmmmm Mmmmmm good.MikeMalesDined on 10/31/2013Wow, I loved the dinner I had with my date last Thursday. By far the food was some of the best I ever had, ANYWHERE. Our server "Alex" was most excellent. So much that I ended up giving him a hug when he brought the check. Best meal "out" that I have had in a long long time. Bueno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, not greatWillsherDined on 10/22/2013It was ok. Nothing special though. Pretty loud the night we went.Special Features:
- Autumn HarvestFaithDined on 10/18/2013Had a very good dinner with flavors of fall. My meal was an interesting combination of pumpkin, apples and nuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeYorkDineDined on 10/12/2013Victor's is just an ALL OUT great place. Food and Service are above the rest. They have kept it itimate for years I think because they know the "recipe" for a great restaurant.Special Features: