295 S. Pennsylvania Ave.
Denver, CO 80209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cafebarcolorado.com/
- Phone: 3033620227
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Albertini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Contact owner with requests/questions.
- Private Party Contact: Dane Huguley 3033620227
A word from cafebar
Here at cafe|bar our goal is to provide exceptional hospitality and creative cuisine in an affordable fashion. cafe|bar, designed by Owner Dane Huguley, whose vision was to create an atmosphere that was modern but comfortable, making guests feel as though they are dining in an urban upscale restaurant with a residential charm. Our focus is to be a community restaurant; we are 100% wind powered, recycle our fryer oil, utilizing composting programs and energy efficient equipment. cafe|bar cuisine is prepared by chef Eric Rivera; where he is combining classic and new American dishes while keeping them unique and affordable. In addition, we have a unique yet sophisticated wine and spirits list to accompany our cuisine. We strive to be involved and give back to our community in any way shape or form and promise to deliver an experience desired time and time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
cafebar reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (16)romantic (16)special occasion (12)hot spot (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Every place has an off day...SFortierDenverDined on 3/8/2014Clearly that was the case on my last visit. have been here numerous times and have always had impeccable service, so I am trying to give my last visit a pass. I had a friend in from out of town and made reservations for 10 am on Saturday for brunch. Service was unorganized and quite frankly ambivalent to the customers who were there before 11 am. The visits from our server were few and far between and we were not the only ones experiencing this lack of attention. We were sitting near the front door and can say that the average wait at the hostess station was at least 5 minutes before being acknowledged and many people were turned away before 11 am when half the tables were empty. I'll be back but won't excuse another experience like this!Special Features:
- The menu is very interestingPauliDined on 3/7/2014The menu is very interesting with items you don't typically find. The service was perfect - there when you needed them, but not clingy. My only issue is it's kind of loud and difficult to hear the conversation going on at your own table.Special Features:
- Insta-Love!ClairisimaDined on 3/2/2014Had such a fun, delicious brunch on Sunday with my Mom! We sat at our table for 2 hours chatting and enjoying mimosas. Our waiter was so gracious the entire time - a great host. Despite the crowded restaurant, we were never pressured to leave our table. The atmosphere is wonderful, I want to decorate my home this way! Overall I left so happy - what a fun, energetic & friendly place! I can't wait to go back and try lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafebar luvChambesgrlDined on 2/27/2014Cozy but elegant ambiance. Beautiful patio for warm daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal.ErinDined on 2/27/2014We went there last Thursday for date night meal. Started off with the Bacon (absolutely delicious) and then went to a cheese plate. We commented that we could come back just for these two items and some wine! It was kind of weird, because the server took our menus before we could order our entrees and had to tell him we wanted to order more (I guess we aren't the only ones who have had the idea of bacon and cheese and wine, and that's it). We order the burger and the boneless short ribs. The burger was fantastic, add the egg! The short ribs tasted more like pot roast then ribs, but the Brussels spouts and mashed potatoes were very good. Fourth time, I've been here; two times for brunch and dinner, and would come back for each!Special Features:
- Awesome food & even better service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2014The food was great. Service by Kirk was some of the best I've had in a long time. My only comment was that the seats against the window were cold with the air blowing in from outside. A must-try for any foodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sleeper in west wash parkdanielVIPDined on 2/22/2014have dined here a few times now, and it has always been outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Me Wanting MoreBakerResDined on 2/22/2014Cafebar is very cute. I liked the ambiance quite a bit. The outdoor seating area looks great though it was too cold to partake of it. I liked that you could order 1/2 glasses of wine to try a few. I wished the food was more impressive. The pureed roasted red pepper and white bean soup was very nice. The salad with berries, mixed greens and orange was tasty. Our entrees fell a bit short. The faro, mussels and clams didn't quite mesh as a dish. The faro and sauce were tasty but completely overwhelmed the clams and mussels. The cornish hen was very sweet and I wish the skin was crisp. Deserts were nice but not stunning. Lemon curd could have been tarter/brighter. The service was very nice/attentive.Special Features:
- Excellent appetizers, abilitytriggerDined on 2/19/2014Excellent appetizers, ability to mix and match smaller portions make for a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy brunchCharcutermanDined on 2/15/2014Went here for a brunch, and the food was great. Pumpkin pancakes were great and the bacon was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood high or low point??OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014After reading the reviews my husband and I were excited to go to cafebar. What we had was a poor experience at best. The service was dismal, the food was sorely under seasoned and the cocktails were less impressive. Our server, when asked, could not offer an opinion on the meals or the libations- which were touted as unique to the restaurant. We found the lack of service and inability to prepare a cocktail without reading the directions very sad. One might say that we came at a down time for the restaurant, but lunch on Valentines day?? Really?? As foodies ourselves who have enjoyed the likes of Mizuna, Fruition, Table 6, Poteger and other Denver gems, we left disappointed with very little desire to return.
- Fantastic Restaurant!juliaeileenDined on 2/10/2014Loved the menu options, the food was delicious, the cocktails unique and the service personal and professional! We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Nice lunch discoverycvb1denverVIPDined on 2/10/2014We went to lunch to celebrate a low key birthday and were pleasantly surprised. Very nice decor, outdoor patio looks like it will be very nice in better weather. The food was very good-- we mosly had specialty salads and soups. Minor problem with the order but the wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. Can't wait to try it for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy and classyLibrechikDined on 2/8/2014we love cafebar and go there once or twice a week -- of course we live just a few steps away! But the food and ambience are worth a crosstown trip. Wonderful fresh food, interesting wine list, excellent service, and affordable for we neighborhood types!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spotTommyDined on 2/7/2014My wife and I love dining at Cafe Bar. The menu is constantly changing and they make a conscious effort to source locally. The wine list is great and the house sommelier makes selecting wines much easier. Our only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that it can get pretty noisy in there which can make conversation difficult if you have a larger party. With that said, I'll take a little background noise to complete silence any day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vibe, Service, and Food!CycloneusaDined on 2/1/2014This is my new go-to place for brunch or dinner. Sunday bottomless mimosas are good and the short rib Benedict is te bomb! Great staff and cheerful service with food that won't disappoint. Parking is a bit of a drag, but worth a little walk for this great west wash park neighborhood place. Can't wait for warmer weather to hang on their patio. And there's a large communal table near the open kitchen which would be a blast for a big dinner celebration.Special Features:
- Enjoyed BrunchDenverDinerVIPDined on 2/1/2014Had a great brunch at CafeBar this weekend. It was our first time there. Both dishes were excellently prepare, slight variations on traditional brunch options. My (corn meal) biscuits and (green chili) gravy offered the perfect comfort good. But, with much more flavor and the perfect biscuit consistency to sustain the gravy. It was perfect to the last bite!Special Features:
- Good Food, MUCH TOO NOISYMoniqueWashParkDined on 1/23/2014This was my second time at CafeBar. As before, the food is simple, but really, really good. I am very much into salads and organic, local food. And this place is great for that. The brussel sprouts salad is great, as is the faro salad. The appetizers are inventive and delicious and the sandwiches are yummy. However, they need to do something about the noise level. I was here previously for a late lunch, so it was pretty quiet (and lovely food). Then, I took a friend here after a movie on the Thursday night, and we could barely hear each other across a two-person table! I really like everything about this place, and it's close to my house. But I won't come here at night again, without a bull horn to yell at the people across the table.
- Could have been a lot betterOutnaboutDined on 1/20/2014A friend and I decided to give it a try on a chilly but sunny day. I had the soup of the day and the Brussels sprout salad. She had grilled cheese and sweet potato fries. The Brussels sprout salad was delicious! The soup (tomato bisque) tasted good but it wasn't even approaching hot and the bowl was half full. We both ordered hot tea as the room was quite chilly. Not once did the waitress ask to refill our hot water or glass of water for that matter. Ther were two other occupied tables but the food delivery and service was way slow. My friend really liked her sandwich and the fries were generous but really greasy. I wouldn't go again unless I was in the neighborhood.
- Terrible experienceLadywholovesgoodfoodDined on 1/18/2014If you're looking for loud and obnoxious ambience, irritating neighboring diners mere inches away from your table, and mediocre (at best) food, then this is your place. We went to CafeBar for a special birthday dinner based on the online menu, which looked very promising. What we got was a server who largely ignored us, extremely loud ambience (we couldn't hear each other without shouting), annoying hipsters all around, and food that was unbalanced and flat. If I wanted fat on top of more fat, I would have stayed home and just eaten a stick of butter washed down with some heavy cream. It wouldn't taste very different from the bacon "confit" and short ribs. What a disappointment. We will not be returning.
- Not as impressed as last timeAndrewDined on 1/17/2014I live around the corner and LOVE eating here since the menu is always changing. I was not impressed this time around. I had the petite fillet and the gratin potatoes were cold in the middle. My fiancé ordered the Vegetable Samosa and the quinoa tasted like it came from the dead sea, it was nothing but salt you could not taste anything. We have had good meals here before, this time, not so much. I will wait until summer and might go back. For now, I will be going to different restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Gluten savvyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/17/2014I would return to this restaurant, but want folks to understand that they do not take gluten sensitivity seriously - the server didn't seem to think it was a problem to put breaded potato tots on a plate where gluten had been discussed in ordering. That said, the food is carefully sourced, very well prepared and delicious. On each of 3 visits the service was extremely slow - doesn't seem to matter time of day or day of week. The Bloody Mary is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Impressions...JackFlashDined on 1/15/2014A friend suggested we try a new place and Cafe'Bar was one of two we settled on. Arrived a little early for our reservation sat at the bar to start a glass of wine till my friend arrived-- Bartender was very knowledgable about the wines-- describing the Spanish Grenache perfectly. While I waited, we chatted and he offed a taste of a new, not on the list yet-- a Barbera- also outstanding. My friend arrived and we were enjoying our selves so much at the bar and Nic kept taking great care of us so we gave up a table and enjoyed another 3 1/2 hours of enjoying exceptionally well prepared and creative dishes and brilliant, affordable wines. Outstanding first visit! Will be back and highly recommend Cafe'Bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three times and going on 20HananVIPDined on 1/4/2014Yummmmmmyyyyyyy I'm done Oh, watch we're you sit,,, It can be not so comfy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDJaboDined on 1/3/2014We had the braised short ribs and the salmon. Both were spectacular! The Brussels sprouts were a bit salty but still delicious. wait staff was attentive. We got there early 6ish and by 7 the place was packed, with good reason. Definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it's in my neighborhood!steviegtrVIPDined on 1/1/2014Just had brunch there and loved the food and the service. And had the best bloody mary ever!Special Features:
- New Years EvekeldanoDined on 12/31/2013They had a 4-course meal for New Years Eve. It was just so-so. A little pedestrian for $60 per person!
- Saturday night outKitnoDined on 12/28/2013We had reservations for 6:30 and our table was available immediately. The restaurant seemed busy but not overly so and our server was very pleasant and helpful. We each had a half house salad for starters which was good. Our entrees were served promptly and were very good. My husband had the short ribs and I had the petite filet. My steak was a bit more rare than medium rare but it was tasty. We both enjoyed wine and I loved the idea of half and full glasses.. We will eat there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my birthday dinnerSheasmomDined on 12/27/2013Food was fantastic! We were comped an appetizer and a dessert - my inlaws from Claifornia raved about the restaurant - Thanks to CafeBar for a memorable dining experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great date night location!mj415Dined on 12/27/2013We decided to go to cafebar for appetizer and drinks before meeting some friends at another restaurant for dinner. It was a great choice! I am a bit disappointed that we didn't eat dinner at cafe bar. Great atmosphere and vibe. Our server was so nice and very knowledgable about the wine and the menu. We had a meat and cheese plate and a glass of wine. But again, I wish we would have been able to have a full meal. We will definitely be back and hopefully in time for the patio to open in the summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMphilleyDined on 12/21/2013I made a reservation for four and at the last minute, a fifth joined. That was NO problem for Cafe Bar! Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and flexible. The food was amazing for all of us, and we just loved it there. Even my family full of foodies from Seattle was impressed :).Special Features:
- Creative Brunch MenuTrishWS13VIPDined on 12/15/2013Let's start with the crispy pork belly over creamed leeks...OMG! Served as a shared opener, it overshadowed everything else we ate. The items on the menu all sounded so good, & I could imagine how each dish would taste. Unfortunately, my choice (Short Rib Benedict) did not live up to the flavor I imagined it would have, but my dining partner's choice (Squash & Brussels sprouts w/walnut pesto Benedict) far exceeded expectations. I was having serious plate envy! BTW, the English muffins under those Benedicts were excellent! Servers were attentive & cordial. But the chairs on the patio need to be replaced with something more comfortable, that is if they want diners to stay for dessert or more drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/9/2013I very much enjoyed the food and service but with the tables just a few inches apart,we were literally shoulder to shoulder with the people eating around us with as if we were part of their conversation. It was an incomprehensible arrangement to me and I will not return
- great food and great service,DaveVIPDined on 12/9/2013great food and great service, without being stuffy. Fun place to go for a great meal with a very cool urban vibe. Great job. Our server did a fantastic job, and she is one of the reasons we will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was extremely cold in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/7/2013It was extremely cold in the restaurant despite a couple of space heaters, the food was fantastic though!Special Features:
- Little Big CafePeabodyDined on 12/7/2013A pre-play dinner was provided graciously on a very cold evening -temperatures in the below zero range. This small, modernly eclectic star of a restaurant was hopping with cheery people and servers offered a warm spot with excellent food (the tomato bisque exquisite and short ribs melted off the bone). Highly recommended for many reasons and occasions. You'll be missing out on great meals if you do not dine at Cafebar!Special Features:
- Flat Out DeliciousemathisDined on 12/6/2013Second time in Denver in the last three months and this was hands down the best meal of my visit. Great way to celebrate my belated birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've enjoyed brunch hereHendersonVIPDined on 11/30/2013We've enjoyed brunch here many times...unfortunately, this time there was a bit of a sewage smell coming from the basement stairwell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Petite FiletMissouri67Dined on 11/23/2013We visited this restaurant for the first time last Saturday night. The menu had a limited number of unique entrees such as rabbit, lamb T-bone, and acorn squash. We tried the petite filet. Both steaks came out exactly as we ordered and were excellent. The waitress and a manager suggested a couple of wines that went nicely with the meal. The noise level in our room was somewhat loud at times, but not so bad we couldn't hear each other. Parking is all along the side street next to it. We found a spot immediately perhaps because it was early evening. I will return to CafeBar because the food was wonderful and we were given good advice about our drinks and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotsterlisrVIPDined on 11/23/2013Their food is creative and tasty, and the service is great. The place was very loud at brunch time. I had trouble holding conversation because it was so loud in their front dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.