295 S. Pennsylvania Ave.
Denver, CO 80209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cafebarcolorado.com/
- Phone: 3033620227
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Albertini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Contact owner with requests/questions.
- Private Party Contact: Dane Huguley 3033620227
A word from cafebar
Here at cafe|bar our goal is to provide exceptional hospitality and creative cuisine in an affordable fashion. cafe|bar, designed by Owner Dane Huguley, whose vision was to create an atmosphere that was modern but comfortable, making guests feel as though they are dining in an urban upscale restaurant with a residential charm. Our focus is to be a community restaurant; we are 100% wind powered, recycle our fryer oil, utilizing composting programs and energy efficient equipment. cafe|bar cuisine is prepared by chef Eric Rivera; where he is combining classic and new American dishes while keeping them unique and affordable. In addition, we have a unique yet sophisticated wine and spirits list to accompany our cuisine. We strive to be involved and give back to our community in any way shape or form and promise to deliver an experience desired time and time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
cafebar reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)great for outdoor dining (50)fit for foodies (48)great for brunch (22)romantic (20)good for groups (16)special occasion (16)great for lunch (13)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2014This place is great! I was able to make reservations for brunch, huge plus, and great food! Andrea was so great as was Yusef! We had the mushroom hash, french toast, burger, blt, and scallops. Everything delicious. Also the bottomless mimosas are a great deal lol.Special Features:
- Great food, nice atmospherethreetogoDined on 5/26/2014The food here was wonderful. We had made a reservation and when we entered there was nobody to greet us. We waited several minutes and nobody came. The people in the bar area could see us, but just seemed to ignore us, no acknowledgement that we were there or a friendly "somebody will be right with you". I went to the outdoor area to see if I could find someone, but they were all busy so we just seated ourselves. Mike, our waiter, realized what happened and apologized. From then on the service was excellent. Mike paid special attention to our 10 month old and made light conversation with us. The food was the real highlight of this place. Fresh, tasty, great selection. Would definitely go back for the food. Very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchKellyVIPDined on 5/25/2014I was nervous about previous reviews that were not complementary about the service. I found the service to be wonderful. Our waitress was attentive, provided good recommendations and checking in with out throughout our meal. The patio is very nice. It is carefully tucked on the side of the building that is not adjacent to a busy street, Alameda.Special Features:
- Local Denver Chefs Eat at CafeBar!VIPOTVIPDined on 5/24/2014We have been here several times and have never had a bad meal, service etc. Just absolutely fabulous. Mike was our server last week. He knows the menu very well. This is the second time we've been in the restaurant in the past 4 weeks. Try the Tomato Salad. Delish!Special Features:
- good outdoor dininglunchiesNfoodiesDined on 5/23/2014Love this place, waiter remembers me and the wine I like. I feel special. Will make this a regular stop. But the lunch menu is weak..should add more salad with a choice of additional meat or seafood?..then I will take my lunch ladies and clients here. So far great outdoor dining. Not so much inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped seating & indifferent staffDriftlessDined on 5/17/2014Great food could not overcome uncomfortably cramped seating and rare waiter appearances. Seated at a table overlapping the door to the patio (hello fire code?) with less than a foot between my chair and the table behind me. Private conversation impossible, noise level required shouting. A sorry choice for a special dinner. Waitress didn't ask for drink or dessert order, clearly interested only in turning tables. Food was great, but it took us 20 min. to order more because our waitress went missing.Special Features:
- Great food, but so loud!lovespigVIPDined on 5/16/2014Everything we ate was amazing but it was literally the loudest restaurant I have ever been in. Use some of that money to insulate your restaurant cafebar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!pjkdenverVIPDined on 5/16/2014We frequent cafebar and are never disappointment. A lot of excellent menu items from which to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014The service was great. The staff members were attentive and knowledgeable. My friends and I will be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- I had the risotto!VIPOTVIPDined on 5/10/2014Fabulous! My husband and daughter opted for duck. The food is always great!Special Features:
- Those bottomless mimosas though.WineSnobDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I go to cafebar for brunch almost every weekend on special occasions like valentines day. Every time we go we get great service and great food. Hands down our favorite place for brunch and special occasions. Brittney is really the only server we know because she caters to us if we're in her section or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchTripleTDined on 5/10/2014I frequent the Cafebar for brunch, always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place with good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I've only been for brunch, which is pretty amazing. The blood's are great and so was the Crab Cake Benedict. Service was good, a little slow, but nice and friendly. I would definitely go back, maybe try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2014The food here is good, but I can find just-as-good food at many, many other spots. The service was dreadful, it was incredibly loud, and the ambience was frantic and stressful.Special Features:
- Slow kitchen, inattentive serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Second visit for lunch, both times food took over 45 minutes to receive. 1st visit the burger was greasy, tasted previously frozen. Food was brought slightly cold on second visit. Beautiful spot with lots of potential, hopefully restaurant will correct these problems so we'd like to return.Special Features:
- great place to have brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014While busy, Cafe Bar was still a relaxing spot for a great brunch with friends. Simple menu, great food and our server Lu couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We had a large group of ladies come into town for a surprise bridal shower and our waitress handled our chatty, loud and excited group PERFECTLY. She was great, as was Cafebar. The food and drinks were delicious and we could not believe the prices! Incredibly fair. I will be sure to go back to Cafebar next time I am in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Outdoor Patio!RoderickVIPDined on 5/2/2014We ate outside, and it was beautiful. The patio is so nice and romantic. Super fun place to go. The food was delicious. I recommend the Hanger Steak and the Duck Breast. Both were beautifully prepared.Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014The food has some hit or miss items, with the hits being great and the misses not so much. Service was outstanding and overall had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2014This is a great venue all around! It's not too loud, the food is always good and the environment is hip and cozy all at once!
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/27/2014Thank you so much cafebar for accommodating our group of 15+ for a friend's birthday on Sunday! Everyone loved brunch! The service was incredible and the food was excellent! I appreciated the call the night before to inform me about the weather change and check in re: patio seating; ya'll met our needs! I will be back again, for sure! More like the next time I go it'll be with a few people, but I now know that I can come here with a large group and you'll do your best to accommodate us! Thank you!Special Features:
- FabulousLBirkVIPDined on 4/25/2014The good was amazing! Do yourself a favor and order the the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Lunch PlaceFunLunch8Dined on 4/25/2014I took 8 of my girlfriends to Cafe Bar for lunch. And, it was outstanding. The food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. I will definitely come back and spread the words about this lovely gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchColleenDined on 4/20/2014Really had a wonderful experience this Sunday at Cafebar. We have only been there once before and thought we would try it for Easter. The menu is different and has a lot to offer. Very friendly and outgoing staff. The food was so good. There were 3 of us, one person had the hamburger, one the Crab Benedict and I had the BLT with home made mozzarella. I have been dreaming of that sandwich ever since. We had bloody Mary's which were great. Waiter asked if we wanted extra spicy, I said no thanks the other person said yes. His drink was $1.00 more. I thought that was a little strange. Not sure why the extra money. In all I would recommend and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service/burned foodslj1515Dined on 4/20/2014I was there on Easter Sunday for brunch. The server took a long time to come over to get our order after drinks were brought. She told me she would refill my coffee several times and never did. Only one of the pancakes, out of three, we're edible. The others were burned. All the server said was "I will let the cooks know" and the bacon was swimming in grease. No condiments were brought when asked. And we were charged full price for everything despite all these issues.
- neighborhood gemclivisVIPDined on 4/12/2014Food is great, outdoor patio is great. It's in our neighborhood so we go often. But the service is hit or miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good evening at CafeBarLRW2VIPDined on 4/11/2014Good service, very good food! The only negative - and it was minor - was having a reservation via Open Table I was surprised we were given three seats at the community table. No biggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe-BarAM12Dined on 4/3/2014Great little restaurant, all though the menu is small it offers a great selection of local and farm to table type dishes that they change seasonally. They offer great meat and cheese plates and a wonderful wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting decorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Fabulous food and wine. Tables and chairs are uncomfortable and sitting in the window seat is less than desirable. Very noisy atmosphere. Wait staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlfriend hangSingQueenDenverDined on 3/26/2014So CafeBar is a quaint little neighborhood hang out. Good food. Good service. Kinda loud but that doesn't bother me. My GF is loud too. Ha!! Parking however, sux. Cause there is none. ;-) I ll be coming back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funDerbyGirlVIPDined on 3/22/2014We have been to cafebar numerous times and we always have a great time. The place has a great vibe and the food and drinks are yummy. This time was a bit of a teeny slip - our server was pretty distracted most of the night and had to ask the chef to answer just about every one of our questions. And the food was good but not great (as in previous experiences). But we still had a terrific time as the slips were not enough to overshadow everything else that was working. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my Neighborhood RestaurantSheasmomDined on 3/16/2014I always love coming to CaféBar, The menu changes seasonally, so there is always something new to try, I brought my bookclub this last time. It was a first visit for them - they loved it!!Special Features:
- disappointing lunchbevplayDined on 3/12/2014Good brussel sprouts salad. Soup was cold and sent back to the kitchen. The soup had white hair like substance in it and the staff kept saying it was cheese. Didn't look like cheese to me. Cheese sandwich was sparse of the cheese.
- For Regulars OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014For the most part (with the exception of the man who seated us), the staff was not welcoming and did not seem concerned with our party. It took almost 45 minutes before someone took our dinner order, and when he did, didn't acknowledge that a samosa without a pastry might be a drawback for some. While we were eating, patrons who the staff clearly knew were energetically greeted and served right away with smiles and a friendly demeanor. I had heard good things about this restaurant before going, but was sadly disappointed by both the food options and the way we were treated by staff.Special Features:
- Brunch fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014I made these reservations excited to take new people to the restaurant and have them experience what I already love. Cafe bar knocked it out of the park. It was a gorgeous day and they kept the mimosas flowing. The crowd was beautiful and so was the staff and food. We all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every place has an off day...SFortierDenverDined on 3/8/2014Clearly that was the case on my last visit. have been here numerous times and have always had impeccable service, so I am trying to give my last visit a pass. I had a friend in from out of town and made reservations for 10 am on Saturday for brunch. Service was unorganized and quite frankly ambivalent to the customers who were there before 11 am. The visits from our server were few and far between and we were not the only ones experiencing this lack of attention. We were sitting near the front door and can say that the average wait at the hostess station was at least 5 minutes before being acknowledged and many people were turned away before 11 am when half the tables were empty. I'll be back but won't excuse another experience like this!Special Features:
- The menu is very interestingPauliDined on 3/7/2014The menu is very interesting with items you don't typically find. The service was perfect - there when you needed them, but not clingy. My only issue is it's kind of loud and difficult to hear the conversation going on at your own table.Special Features:
- Insta-Love!ClairisimaDined on 3/2/2014Had such a fun, delicious brunch on Sunday with my Mom! We sat at our table for 2 hours chatting and enjoying mimosas. Our waiter was so gracious the entire time - a great host. Despite the crowded restaurant, we were never pressured to leave our table. The atmosphere is wonderful, I want to decorate my home this way! Overall I left so happy - what a fun, energetic & friendly place! I can't wait to go back and try lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafebar luvChambesgrlDined on 2/27/2014Cozy but elegant ambiance. Beautiful patio for warm daysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal.ErinDined on 2/27/2014We went there last Thursday for date night meal. Started off with the Bacon (absolutely delicious) and then went to a cheese plate. We commented that we could come back just for these two items and some wine! It was kind of weird, because the server took our menus before we could order our entrees and had to tell him we wanted to order more (I guess we aren't the only ones who have had the idea of bacon and cheese and wine, and that's it). We order the burger and the boneless short ribs. The burger was fantastic, add the egg! The short ribs tasted more like pot roast then ribs, but the Brussels spouts and mashed potatoes were very good. Fourth time, I've been here; two times for brunch and dinner, and would come back for each!Special Features: