Bazin's on Church
111 Church Street NW
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bazin's on Church
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bazinsonchurch.com/
- Phone: 7032557212x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bazin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide a wide range of catering services and can do anything from hors d'oeuvres for a cocktail party to a multi-course meal with wine pairings. E-mail Julie@bazinsonchurch.com with inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Bazin's on Church is an 85 seat restaurant and is available for private dining only if "buying out the entire restaurant". We do not have private dining rooms, but a beautiful, open space that works well for special events. Our restaurant may also be rented out on Mondays, day or night, and on Saturdays, from 11am-3:30pm
- Private Party Contact: Julie Bazin 7032557212x
- Special Events: Wine dinners usually once a month. Please check web-site for dates.
A word from Bazin's on Church
Evoking the feeling of an old bistro, yet with a contemporary twist, Bazin's on Church brings to Vienna an inviting neighborhood dining experience. Bazin's on Church offers a contemporary American menu featuring organic and seasonal ingredients. The wine bar features a collection of wonderful wines from around the world, with an emphasis on California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bazin's on Church - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Bazin's on Church reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (136)fit for foodies (100)special occasion (83)notable wine list (81)great for lunch (45)romantic (38)great for brunch (38)good for groups (36)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (21)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not our best visit to Bazin'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014This was our fifth visit to your restaurant. I took my husband for his 46th bday celebration along with some family members. I had requested a table at the window as David has had a bad medical year and does better close to natural light. We were seated in the middle of the dining room table but it was a Wednesday night with plenty of open window tables :(. David is a steak lover and unfortunately got a bad cut of meat (super fatty and partially rubbery), he pointed this out to the person who cleared his plate (our server was not to be seen again after the food was brought to the table) who simply shrugged his shoulder. My sister told me afterwards " You raved about THIS place?" :(. Anyway, not the end of the world, but since you asked.
- Awesome food2DebraLynnesDined on 8/1/2014My friend and I are not from Vienna but were meeting there. What an amazing place! We chose it from reviews on the internet. It is clean and bright (lots of windows) and all tables are nice. The menu was really great. We chose a portobello salad to share and I had the aged prime burger and my friend had the filet sliders. Both were so tender and juicy. I rated this burger among the best I've had in 58 years. It was that good! The service was also phenomenal. Very courteous, attentive (just right) and fast. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Loved the crab salad!BrunchLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had lunch on Friday, and everything was great! We enjoyed the crab salad, and the chocolate tart was delish. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, if you like gluten free, there are several options on the menu. We will be back.Special Features:
- Love this placeCaraDined on 7/30/2014Every time I eat here I wonder why I don;t come here more. Dinner with two friends - steak, fish and scallop special. All delicious, properly cooked, nicely spiced. We also had a lovely, well-priced NZ sauv blanc. We closed the place, and no one rushed us at all. Excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Good Sunday brunchTM6782Dined on 7/27/2014Our waiter was excellent. Background music was a little loud for a Sunday brunch crowd. Bazin's Eggs Benedict were very good. Egg sandwich was on a large hard roll that made it difficult to eat. It would be much better if it was served on a choice of toasted breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent gluten free menuSusanneDined on 7/26/2014One of our party required a gluten free meal and we were delighted to see that half the menu is gluten free! What a delightful change to our dining with these friends...Bazins made this so easy and worry free! Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinner againGlobetrotDined on 7/26/20145th visit to this fine little gem in Vienna. I had the duck this time. Super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service ???ken1krisDined on 7/24/2014Waiter did not pay attention to us, got our order wrong ( ordered a steak and got pasta) and food was cold. it was clear that it sat in window and was forgotten. Even worse, no attempt to make it correct.
- Pasta HeaveneatoutfanaticDined on 7/23/2014Great, varied menu. Everything was fresh and delicious. Had the pasta and was in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we checked it out!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We were looking to try something new and saw all the great reviews. It did not disappoint. Food was fantastic. Sea Bass and Short ribs in particular. All of the appetizers too. We ordered some items from the gluten free selections and while I have no dietary restrictions I wouldn't be scared away from these as there was no sacrifice to flavor. Even the side of green beans was extraordinary flavorful. Waiter was quiet at first but really knew his stuff (from food recommendations to wine regions) All in all an outstanding dinner experience. Our 9 year old loved her food and dessert too. We will definitely be bringing the rest of the family back- including my mother who has celiacs - I can't recall a better gluten free menu anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep hoping for moreDCDinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014Each time I go to Bazin's, I keep hoping for it to be better than it is. When it first opened, it was top notch. For years, though, it has settled into just being good for Fairfax County. Things always look better on the menu than they taste, service is always good enough but never really better than that, etc. It's a decent option but does not compel me to return and I only live a few blocks away.
- VAfoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our first time at Bazin's and we'll be back. Our dinners were excellent (crab cakes and monkfish specials). The crispy oysters were wonderful. The wine list was also a real treat with several of our favorite wines. What to choose? Thank you to the staff at Bazin's for a special dinner.Special Features:
- A Real FindDaveDined on 7/13/2014A lovely spot to dine enroute a show at Wolftrap. Knowledgable and solicitous wait staff, the drinks were first rate, a lovely selection of wines by the glass, and a menu that makes you hungry just reading it. The appetizers were wonderful and the chef nailed our roast duck entrees, and the deserts were delicious!Special Features:
- Wish I could give it 6 starsfoodfanaticDined on 7/12/2014Went to lunch at Bazin's a few weeks ago, and it reminded me that it is one of my favorite restaurants, so when friends asked if we wanted to meet them for dinner, I suggested we go back. And it did not disappoint. The sea bass is absolutely outstanding...... one of the top 5 restaurant dishes I have ever had. The service was impeccable as well. I can't say enough about this fine dining experience. And just down the street is Neilson's homemade custard. What a night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love them oystersFTTViennaDined on 7/11/2014I get the same thing everytime I come here and am never disappointed. I dinned with a vegetarian and before making reservations I asked the hostess abou this and when I got there I found she recommended things that were made with meat.Special Features:
- MikeSDined on 7/11/2014Good, convenient place to meet for my business. Another successful business lunch here. Service always great and food was equally good.Special Features:
- lived up to its billingfkuhlDined on 7/9/2014We've heard nothing but good about Bazin's over the years. Our dinner experience lived up to the billing. Our meals were delicious and inventive. Service was attentive, friendly, and adept; in fact, the best I've experienced in a while. I note the owner, having been diagnosed with ciliac disease, has created gluten-free offerings that don't look like you'd be sacrificing anything.Special Features:
- Great jazz brunchbrunchexpertDined on 7/6/2014The music on Sunday was so nice. Not too loud, but entertaining. Very smooth and pretty.Special Features:
- Tough LightArtPoetDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful service and excellent food. My only complaint is that during the 6-8pm dining time in the summer the light is very glaring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, but not the last!NoVAMamaDined on 7/3/2014Met a colleague here for lunch, and was blown away by what a gem this place is! Service, food, ambience, location...all top-notch! I will definitely be back with my SO for a romantic dinner! I had the Asian shrimp salad...4 stars!Special Features:
- Waitress MalaiseScot4EverDined on 7/2/2014Our waitress seemed to be off in la-la-land as she passed by our table several times without taking notice of our signals to stop by. Other than that, the meal was good, the noise level tolerable, which was one of our reasons for picking Bazin's - so that we could have a conversation over lunch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free; some unforced errorsArlingtonFoodieDined on 7/1/2014We went to Bazin’s for the first time because one of our party has celiac disease and the chef/owner also has it and offers a wide gluten-free-menu. Among the entrees, the winner was the duck breast. The generous portion was more tender than the usual preparation, and the marinade did not make the dish overly sweet. But the short ribs were average and included pickled roasted carrots, and the delicate Chilean sea bass was overpowered by wasabi mashed potatoes. Server was attentive and efficient. Decor is upscale bistro. The noise level was high; conversation was difficult but not impossible. While celiac patients will appreciate the menu here, I felt that the chef tries too hard to be unique, and I might not return on my own.
- Special placeYummyDined on 6/29/2014The service and the food is excellent. Never disappointing.Special Features:
- Great findJkiserVIPDined on 6/27/2014This was such a great experience. The food was beautiful and delicious and the wine list extensive. The crowd seemed 35 and older, not sure if this is a place to bring children. I'd highly recommend and bring another couple for a date-night soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2018 reviews are from the Bazin's on Church reviews archive.
- WHEN IT IS IMPORTANTMAKEMINERESERVATIONSDined on 6/24/2014ONE IS NEVER DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVICE OR THE FOOD. LOVED IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014We have been too Bazin's on Church several times. It is an excellent place to dine.
- Good not GreatMatt113Dined on 6/20/2014Cool water, no ice. Entrees still very good, side-dishes are mediocre. Good desserts, good cappucino.Special Features:
- About AveragePolterDined on 6/19/2014The crab and corn chowder, although tasty, was not hot and a little too salty. My grilled filet mignon topped with blue cheese, again, was a little salty. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencemiloDined on 6/18/2014went for a light but special lunch, service was attentive but not overbearing, food was great and filling.Special Features:
- Service was a bit off.FoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our first time. Some dishes were outstanding, some a little more pedestrian. But seeing the raves in other reviews about service, we were surprised. Our waiter seemed preoccupied, but not by us. No polish, not very attentive, no warm greeting -- in fact, we were seated for quite a while before anybody stopped by. There were three in our party and everyone commented on the service.Special Features:
- poohVIPDined on 6/15/2014Picked this place because it was centrally located for MD, VA, and DC-based family members. The food was not as good I as expected. Ordered the special crab/avocado appetizer - the crab meat was more like crab cake filling. Also ordered the tagliatelle bolognese - the sauce had very little taste and was very watery. The strawberry shortcake dessert was better than both dishes. Our server was exceptional, just sorry we won't return.
- Enjoyable brunchMelmarDined on 6/15/2014Had been there before for dinner but decided to try Father's Day brunch. Coctails were wonderful and all our entrees were delicious. Service was great. Only complaint was that it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers' Day BrunchNoVAMomDined on 6/15/2014While the staff was generally pleasant and the overall atmosphere was relaxed, I left feeling slightly disappointed by the experience. Based on reviews I had seen online I was hoping to be wow'd by the brunch but unfortunately the food to me just seemed ok. Portions were smaller than I expected and my entree - the vegetable tart - lacked seasoning. (Families with small children note they do not have high chairs, only boosters.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingExit4Dined on 6/14/2014This was the second time we've dined at Bazin's. Our waiter seemed a bit nervous and new. We are an easy group (there was 3 in our party) to serve; not picky. I was dismayed that my steak came out rare when I asked for medium to medium-well. I also ordered a side dish (broccoli) and it was never delivered. The waiter didn't seem comfortable. I didn't comment to him on the issues as I was afraid it would discourage him further. The quality of the food delivered was good. After two visits, I rate the food & experience a bit over priced for the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bazin's: Great, On The WholeLocalEaterDined on 6/12/2014Superb service and wonderful food. The single disappointment: an unremarkable white clam linguine.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedRestonVIPDined on 6/11/2014I haven't been to Bazin's for lunch in a long time, and I'm not sure if I'll go back. When I go to Bazin's for dinner, I am always impressed with the quality of the food, and how tasty everything is. At lunch this time, my marinated grilled chicken over greens was ok. The chicken was moist and had decent flavor, but the salad greens (what there were of them) didn't seem to be very fresh nor were they tasty. My friend had the risotto of the day, and it was very very thick and sticky. It was advertised as having asparagus as an ingredient, and she had to really work hard to find any asparagus in the dish at all. It was an overpriced and what I'd call a pedestrian lunch.
- Church Street GemOaktonViennaPatronDined on 6/10/2014Bazin's on Church is a fine dining experience. Service is courteous and prompt. The food is excellent and creative. I had Veal with Parmesan and Arugula Salad, my husband had the Salmon and our guests had the Catfish. We all raved about our meal. The cost is comparative with the food, moderately priced for a great dining experience. The wine list had numerous choices, and with a little help from our waiter, turned out perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique FindDanseynjelVIPDined on 6/7/2014A great new find, excellent food. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Late dinnerGismoDined on 6/6/2014Your place was recommended by friends, so we went out for a late dinner without kids. It was a pleasant surprise :0) Very nice service and the food was delicious! We'll be back and won't hesitate to bring our kids.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningFreddaDined on 6/5/2014We spent a pleasant evening at Bazin's celebrating our anniversary with friends. The food was, as always, delicious and creative combinations made the food more interesting. The hostess was kind enough to put the flowers our friends gave us in water, while we ate. Bazin's is a bit noisy but the surroundings are very attractive and the service was efficient. We had a great time.Special Features: