Bazin's on Church
111 Church Street NW
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bazin's on Church
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bazinsonchurch.com/
- Phone: 7032557212x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Bazin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide a wide range of catering services and can do anything from hors d'oeuvres for a cocktail party to a multi-course meal with wine pairings. E-mail Julie@bazinsonchurch.com with inquiries.
- Private Party Facilities: Bazin's on Church is an 85 seat restaurant and is available for private dining only if "buying out the entire restaurant". We do not have private dining rooms, but a beautiful, open space that works well for special events. Our restaurant may also be rented out on Mondays, day or night, and on Saturdays, from 11am-3:30pm
- Private Party Contact: Julie Bazin 7032557212x
- Special Events: Wine dinners usually once a month. Please check web-site for dates.
A word from Bazin's on Church
Evoking the feeling of an old bistro, yet with a contemporary twist, Bazin's on Church brings to Vienna an inviting neighborhood dining experience. Bazin's on Church offers a contemporary American menu featuring organic and seasonal ingredients. The wine bar features a collection of wonderful wines from around the world, with an emphasis on California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bazin's on Church reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (140)fit for foodies (97)special occasion (89)notable wine list (70)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (39)good for groups (34)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (17)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great jazz brunchbrunchexpertDined on 7/6/2014The music on Sunday was so nice. Not too loud, but entertaining. Very smooth and pretty.Special Features:
- Tough LightArtPoetDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful service and excellent food. My only complaint is that during the 6-8pm dining time in the summer the light is very glaring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, but not the last!NoVAMamaDined on 7/3/2014Met a colleague here for lunch, and was blown away by what a gem this place is! Service, food, ambience, location...all top-notch! I will definitely be back with my SO for a romantic dinner! I had the Asian shrimp salad...4 stars!Special Features:
- Waitress MalaiseScot4EverDined on 7/2/2014Our waitress seemed to be off in la-la-land as she passed by our table several times without taking notice of our signals to stop by. Other than that, the meal was good, the noise level tolerable, which was one of our reasons for picking Bazin's - so that we could have a conversation over lunch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free; some unforced errorsArlingtonFoodieDined on 7/1/2014We went to Bazin’s for the first time because one of our party has celiac disease and the chef/owner also has it and offers a wide gluten-free-menu. Among the entrees, the winner was the duck breast. The generous portion was more tender than the usual preparation, and the marinade did not make the dish overly sweet. But the short ribs were average and included pickled roasted carrots, and the delicate Chilean sea bass was overpowered by wasabi mashed potatoes. Server was attentive and efficient. Decor is upscale bistro. The noise level was high; conversation was difficult but not impossible. While celiac patients will appreciate the menu here, I felt that the chef tries too hard to be unique, and I might not return on my own.
- Special placeYummyDined on 6/29/2014The service and the food is excellent. Never disappointing.Special Features:
- Great findJkiserDined on 6/27/2014This was such a great experience. The food was beautiful and delicious and the wine list extensive. The crowd seemed 35 and older, not sure if this is a place to bring children. I'd highly recommend and bring another couple for a date-night soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHEN IT IS IMPORTANTMAKEMINERESERVATIONSDined on 6/24/2014ONE IS NEVER DISAPPOINTED IN THE SERVICE OR THE FOOD. LOVED IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2014We have been too Bazin's on Church several times. It is an excellent place to dine.
- Good not GreatMatt113Dined on 6/20/2014Cool water, no ice. Entrees still very good, side-dishes are mediocre. Good desserts, good cappucino.Special Features:
- About AveragePolterDined on 6/19/2014The crab and corn chowder, although tasty, was not hot and a little too salty. My grilled filet mignon topped with blue cheese, again, was a little salty. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencemiloDined on 6/18/2014went for a light but special lunch, service was attentive but not overbearing, food was great and filling.Special Features:
- Service was a bit off.FoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our first time. Some dishes were outstanding, some a little more pedestrian. But seeing the raves in other reviews about service, we were surprised. Our waiter seemed preoccupied, but not by us. No polish, not very attentive, no warm greeting -- in fact, we were seated for quite a while before anybody stopped by. There were three in our party and everyone commented on the service.Special Features:
- poohVIPDined on 6/15/2014Picked this place because it was centrally located for MD, VA, and DC-based family members. The food was not as good I as expected. Ordered the special crab/avocado appetizer - the crab meat was more like crab cake filling. Also ordered the tagliatelle bolognese - the sauce had very little taste and was very watery. The strawberry shortcake dessert was better than both dishes. Our server was exceptional, just sorry we won't return.
- Enjoyable brunchMelmarDined on 6/15/2014Had been there before for dinner but decided to try Father's Day brunch. Coctails were wonderful and all our entrees were delicious. Service was great. Only complaint was that it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers' Day BrunchNoVAMomDined on 6/15/2014While the staff was generally pleasant and the overall atmosphere was relaxed, I left feeling slightly disappointed by the experience. Based on reviews I had seen online I was hoping to be wow'd by the brunch but unfortunately the food to me just seemed ok. Portions were smaller than I expected and my entree - the vegetable tart - lacked seasoning. (Families with small children note they do not have high chairs, only boosters.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingExit4Dined on 6/14/2014This was the second time we've dined at Bazin's. Our waiter seemed a bit nervous and new. We are an easy group (there was 3 in our party) to serve; not picky. I was dismayed that my steak came out rare when I asked for medium to medium-well. I also ordered a side dish (broccoli) and it was never delivered. The waiter didn't seem comfortable. I didn't comment to him on the issues as I was afraid it would discourage him further. The quality of the food delivered was good. After two visits, I rate the food & experience a bit over priced for the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bazin's: Great, On The WholeLocalEaterDined on 6/12/2014Superb service and wonderful food. The single disappointment: an unremarkable white clam linguine.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedRestonVIPDined on 6/11/2014I haven't been to Bazin's for lunch in a long time, and I'm not sure if I'll go back. When I go to Bazin's for dinner, I am always impressed with the quality of the food, and how tasty everything is. At lunch this time, my marinated grilled chicken over greens was ok. The chicken was moist and had decent flavor, but the salad greens (what there were of them) didn't seem to be very fresh nor were they tasty. My friend had the risotto of the day, and it was very very thick and sticky. It was advertised as having asparagus as an ingredient, and she had to really work hard to find any asparagus in the dish at all. It was an overpriced and what I'd call a pedestrian lunch.
- Church Street GemOaktonViennaPatronDined on 6/10/2014Bazin's on Church is a fine dining experience. Service is courteous and prompt. The food is excellent and creative. I had Veal with Parmesan and Arugula Salad, my husband had the Salmon and our guests had the Catfish. We all raved about our meal. The cost is comparative with the food, moderately priced for a great dining experience. The wine list had numerous choices, and with a little help from our waiter, turned out perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique FindDanseynjelVIPDined on 6/7/2014A great new find, excellent food. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Late dinnerGismoDined on 6/6/2014Your place was recommended by friends, so we went out for a late dinner without kids. It was a pleasant surprise :0) Very nice service and the food was delicious! We'll be back and won't hesitate to bring our kids.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningFreddaDined on 6/5/2014We spent a pleasant evening at Bazin's celebrating our anniversary with friends. The food was, as always, delicious and creative combinations made the food more interesting. The hostess was kind enough to put the flowers our friends gave us in water, while we ate. Bazin's is a bit noisy but the surroundings are very attractive and the service was efficient. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Great place for foodies!HortusDined on 6/1/2014Bazin's at Church has consistently offered very good menu and served very good to excellent food. I have never been disappointed in all the years since they opened.Special Features:
- SharonDined on 6/1/2014The food was excellent and the waitress was very attentive. We were there to celebrate a friend's birthday and the waitress remembered that I had requested a candle to be put on the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for stomach/awful for earsocleomeoDined on 6/1/2014The food was over-the-top good! But the noise level (music WAY too loud) and voices bouncing off hard surfaces made conversing with my companions virtually impossible. Had trouble hearing the waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service - but loudParisPerfectVIPDined on 5/30/2014We have not been to Bazin's in a while but the food remains quite good. The noise has been reduced since the beginning but loud Americans are hard to tamp down to more civilized conversational levels.Special Features:
- Gluten Free Goodness!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Was thrilled to find a restaurant that had many selections on its menu that were gluten free! After seeing a great show at Wold Trap, we headed over to Bazin's for a late meal with our GF friends who were in town visiting. We all LOVED everything we ordered. Our waiter was incredibly helpful, too, and more than informed on the GF foods offered on the menu. The non-GF items were incredibly delicious, too. Will go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014Bazin's had been off our radar since a not-so-good experience several years ago. But this time, our experience was completely different. All four of us ordered a different entre.. and all four choices were delicious. Just thinking about my bacon-wrapped copia makes my mouth water! The service was excellent--efficient, pleasant but not intrusive. Every table was full, too--another good sign. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemfrankVIPDined on 5/23/2014Bazin's has a great menu, lots of variety and interesting dishes. They also have a pretty good wine list and drink menu. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very inviting. I found the service to be very friendly and prompt which helped to make it a very enjoyable experience. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 1995 reviews are from the Bazin's on Church reviews archive.
- Obnoxious Patron Ruins DinnerxxxxxxVIPDined on 5/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our menu selections and were warmly supported an a knowledgeable server. However, our dining experience was marred by the loud chatter at an adjacent table. The lead offender was (as we had no choice but to learn) a New Yorker visiting our area. It was difficult to hear our own conversation due to his constant comments and cackles. We could not wait to depart after our meal. Our next visit to Bazin's will hopefully be more peaceful ... and provide us with an opportunity to sample their dessert offerings.Special Features:
- vivalavidaVIPDined on 5/18/2014Wonderful dining with my wife. We enjoyed the Tuna Tartar very much. It was very unique and different from all the tuna tartars we have tasted before. We ordered the Parmesan Dusted Veal and it was good, but lacked the gourmet touch... it was a little weak on the gastronomical taste side. The Flourless Chocolat Cake was a nice ending to a nice dinner.Special Features:
- A Gem in ViennaFoodieDanDined on 5/11/2014Bazin's is an absolute gem. Solid service and ambiance; nothing spectacular, but nothing that will take away from the dining experience. The food is outstanding! We started off with the crispy oysters over a creamed spinach and a creole aioli. Absolutely a must. I had the scallops for an entree and it was spot on. Perfectly prepared and delicious. An absolute gem in Vienna. A must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Had an amazing meal on Mothers Day with great service to match. The wine selection is great and the food is second to none. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiters really make a differenceSallyBDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day. Not too busy as we were seated. Changing over from brunch menu to dinner menu at 3:30. Pleasant enough waiter. Took our order....refilled water and iced tea glass once. Didn't see him again until 8 minutes after our plates were cleared away...he was just handing out dessert menu but by this time, after feeling neglected, we passed. He didn't even "ask" if we would like to see the dessert menu, just started handing them out. Food was outstanding. Service - bad on this trip!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The French toast(bananas foster) was way to much fried. Did even look or taste like French toast.Special Features:
- Great brunchrestaurantwkluvDined on 5/11/2014We were first-timers for Mother's Day brunch. Our server was very friendly and attentive, and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, professional, and astute. They are familiar with my favorite appetizer, and one time, I tried a different appetizer, and my server brought a couple of oysters (my favorite appetizer) on the house. The food is excellent!!! Chef Bazin has an amazing talent for putting together delicious blends of flavors and textures, and I do not believe there anything on the menu that is not absolutely delicious!!! We also love that they are supporters of youth who are involved in music. During the school year, the first Sunday of every month, the restaurant invites the Chapel Square Combo (a youth jazz combo) to perform during their brunch. This is a lovely establishment, and we will be long time patrons!Special Features:
- Always our special placebigfanDined on 5/8/2014Bazin's has always been our special restaurant for celebrating our anniversary -- it's intimate, sweet, and never disappoints us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plate RushJeffDined on 5/8/2014We arrive around 6:30PM and were seated promptly. Once we ordered, our appetizers were delivered about 10 mins after our order; the main course was about another 10-15 mins later. While I'm a fast eater, our orders appeared a little too fast for our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.