Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar
1512 Curtis St.
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 3035341155x
- Hours of Operation:
This Business is Closed Permanently
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Le Grand offers everything from exclusive space for up to 100 guests - fully equipped with all your audiovisual needs - reception space for up to 125, large party dining for up to 175, & premiere event space for up to 500 guests
- Private Party Contact: Christine Martinez 3035341155
A word from Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for three great years!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Grand Bistro and Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Downtown sophisticated casualDenverdinersDined on 2/22/2014We were happy to get a table at 7 :15 on Saturday for the first night of restaurant week. From ease of parking to the menu, we were very happy. This was a great place for conversation with friends who we do not see very often. It was not too loud and the service was attentive. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menu lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2014We went during restaurant week and the menu was very limited while the full menu was unavailable - very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have always found the foodBergieDined on 2/22/2014I have always found the food at Le Grande Bistro to be tasty and well prepared in a French style. The onion soup and the oysters are excellent. I bring out-of-town guests here for brunch or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend and I ate at Le GrandMOREDined on 2/21/2014A friend and I ate at Le Grand Bistro before seeing Hamlet last week. The waiter suggested a wonderful wine (we both like white but not if it's got a strong oak note) and brought a sample to the table for us to try before purchasing. It was perfect and went well with the fish entrée I ordered. The desserts were just the right size, unlike in some restaurants where there is enough to feed at least two, maybe more. Walking to the theater after dinner, we both agreed that we'll dine at Le Grand again soon.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014First time to try this place. Went before going to the theater just a block away. Wait staff was very friendly, the food was great and they got us in and out in time for our 6:30 ballet tickets. Ordered the bistro steak w/frites. Steak was cooked to perfect medium rare and the thin and crispy frites were amazing. I'd go back to just order frites, frankly. Will definitely go back. The brunch menu looks great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant by DCPAHarrylVIPDined on 2/18/2014These folks serve great food! Cassoulet is one of my favorite meals and is seldom found on a Denver menu. I enjoyed every mouthful, complementing it with their fabulous Compagne bread from Babette's Bakery at the Source. Romantic atmosphere, delicious meals, and 5 minutes from the DCPA. Perhaps I shouldn't be telling everyone, because now I may have to make my reservation farther in advance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blah foodDatenightoutDined on 2/15/2014The cheese, oysters and service were great; and I would return for a happy hour. However , the food was bland. I had the cabbage rolls and these left much to be desired. The tomato sauce was very off-putting and I ate about a third if the dish. My husbands wasn't much better either. His was bland and really missing anything "special." Overall, I don't think we would drive out of our way to get there for a okay experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris on CurtisGrandpaDined on 2/15/2014Has the ambience and attitude of a bistro. All the food is delicious and the wine selections are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Learn ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Food was good, had service and seating been there this would be a great place, staring with a rude incompetent hostess and being put in a corner where a window sign fell onto me was not the valentines day I was looking for... By far the worst service we got at and of the 15 eating establishments we went to while visiting Denver.
- Fun and Delicious2foodiesDined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's Day, so there was a set menu, so I can't say much about the full menu or anything. The food though we ordered was fantastic, and a great deal for Valentine's too! The food was seriously delicious, and the portions were perfect. We left that night perfectly full and content and ready for more instead of being in a comma. The staff was all really friendly too, and it is a fun vibe in there with the shabby chic thing going on. Overall it was really fun, and the for your money you get plenty of really REALLY great food! Do yourself a favor and stop by for a night, they also have a great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely overpriced and fairGoodhart81Dined on 2/14/2014Went for valentines price fixed menu. The food was good, however there was very little food. After spending over $200, my wife and I still needed to go out for a second dinner. Service was prett good, the food expiditor also worked at the valet stand which seemed odd. Food was good just overpriced for what we received.Special Features:
- Le GrandLamberttDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful time at Le Grand. We went to the restaurant on Valentine's Day and so the menu was limited. Despite this, we still thought they had a good variety of options. The food was extremely delicious. My wife had the Grilled NY steak and I had the Prawns and we enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DinerJimmyBeardJrDined on 2/14/2014Went to Le Grand Bistro for the first time on Valentines day. First saw the restaurant last Fall as we walked by on our way to a concert at the Denver Center. Food and service were great! Although they offered a fixed-price Valentines Menu, we asked to see other choices and the waiter offered us another menu. My wife and I both started with the French Onion Soup--it was the best I've had yet--the onions were really sweet and the broth was really flavorful. We also had a cheese plate that paired well with their fresh-baked rustic bread. Then she had the seasonal fish and I had the Cassoulet--both were delicious. The service was attentive and timely. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The service was poor. Great time was very long. Even though a gluten free preference was make clear, the server brought dishes with gluten. The food and drinks were rushed out. The food quality was fair. The menu listed a New York strip. My steak was a round hocky puck. It appeared as though it was precooked and reheated. It was clear that there was a turn and burn mentality. There was no thought to the timing of the meal. No opportunity to enjoy drinks and appetizers before the wine pairing and first course was on the table. It was supposed to be a special meal. Instead it was an assembly line. Finally, the portions did not match the cost. I have no problem with a $200 dinner. But I should be full when I leave.
- Disappointing Valentine's DayjustacasualdinerDined on 2/14/2014We went to Le Grand Bistro for Valentines day and were not impressed at all. It was a rushed 3-course meal that was average at best. Each new course arrived before we had finished the previous course. It was obvious they were trying to move as many people through in one night as possible. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Valet was a joke...kellamDined on 2/14/2014Spend 250 bucks for a meal and the valet guy wrecks the car after we waited outside in the cold for almost an hour for it. Best part is he tried to give us the car back without telling us about wrecking it. Pretty much destroyed Valentines day for the wife, considering the car was two weeks old! Food was okay at bestSpecial Features:
- Was not so goodLuv2dineVIPDined on 2/9/2014We have dined at Le Grand Bistro before and enjoyed it. This time the waiter was tired, the food was tired, and the entire place seemed tired. It was not up to snuff.
- Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014The food here is awesome, and bottomless mimosas are always a plus. The place is big, but manages to remain a bit intimate. It's decor is classy and is a good for groups of up to 10 or so. Always a good time here!Special Features:
- Good, but not stellarwineanddinedDined on 2/8/2014Very nice atmosphere. Was a quiet night for a Saturday. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Food was good, but overpriced for the portion size. Paid $19 for a small "bistro steak" which is just hanger steak (not the more tender cut of meat) and french fries. Nice French wine list and the by the glass options were available to taste, which is good because the wait person we had did not know the list. I would say it was just OK for the price. Looked like a nice bar area and might be a good place for happy hour cocktails or wine. I wouldn't run back, but definitely wouldn't rule out another visit. To be very fair, I'm not a big fan of French cuisine, so my options were limited. Give it a go if your palette is more open than mine.Special Features:
- Service lacking but food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014The service was a bit disappointing. Since we weren't familiar with the wines on the wine list, we described what we wanted. The waitress steered us to something that wasn't what we wanted. Luckily, we knew enough to pick something else. When the wine was brought, she opened it and set it on the table. No tasting to insure is wasn't corked. She didn't pour us a glass. In fact, she never poured any wine. I'm GF but she never gave me confidence that what I was ordering was GF. It was. As for the food, unlike a typical French restaurant, this one had very large portions and the prices were quite reasonable. I enjoyed my dish though my date wasn't as excited about hers. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner and wine and would consider going back.Special Features:
- A wonderful place to haveTheaterLoverVIPDined on 1/31/2014A wonderful place to have a bite before or after the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here a few times,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2014We have been here a few times, and it has always been great. This last time, however, our main course was delivered right on top of our soup and salad course, which meant that the main course was no longer warm by the time we got to it. It happens sometimes, but it is unfortunate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstndingMS303Dined on 1/24/2014I don't write a lot of restaurant reviews. In fact, I can't remember the last one I wrote. I'm motivated to write this one to share my delight in having selected Le Grand Bistro to surprise my wife and mother-in-law with a lunch date. I earned a lot of bonus points for this one and the staff was very accommodating to a special request I made of them. I was told the shrimp cocktail was the "best shrimp I've ever had in my life", the rest of the lunch meal was fantastic, and the service was very, very good. Thanks Le Grand Bistro, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food close to DCPAMarianVIPDined on 1/18/2014This was a great find for us. There were 6 of us and we ordered 4 different appetizers and 5 different entrees. All were well-prepared and everyone was pleased. Prices were better than many in the downtown area. Our service was quite good and we had plenty of time to make our 7:30 concert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over hypeLindseyDined on 1/11/2014Nice place got right in. Steak tar tar overly mustardy. Food way late. Staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater Oyster TreatAStrasVIPDined on 1/9/2014At $15/dozen the Happy Hour (before 6pm) Oysters are a deal, and they were delicious. Other French specialties are just right for a light pre-theater dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are from California andhiedVIPDined on 1/7/2014We are from California and assume that the slow night was due to the very cold weather. This is a true gem. Excellent in house made items with great service.Special Features:
- Jackie was wonderful, andJasonDined on 1/2/2014Jackie was wonderful, and the desserts were awesome. The duck leg in the cassoulet was a little over cooked and rubbery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service appallingMoe123Dined on 1/1/2014Overall this is a a place to visit for the food, but the servers seem to not be bothered with the whole issue of waiting On you. The first visit we sat at the bar which was completely empty and we had to wait to reorder drinks and water glasses went empty for quite a while. Just no excuse for being ignored when you are the only ones sitting there. The second visit was with a group for brunch on New Years Day. The place was not full, which we though it would be on that morning, and again the service was very hands off. Food was good, but I dine for the whole experience.Special Features:
- We went to LeGrand for a NewNewYearsEveDined on 12/31/2013We went to LeGrand for a New Year's Eve celebration. The menu was very limited. We knew that there would be a dinner package at a set price, but the advertisement suggested that the regular menu would also be available. It wasn't. The food was average and extremely over priced for the evening. They sat us in a back room that had been set up for overflow which was odd because the restaurant was empty. The ambiance was marginal. Finally, they advertised that there would be live music for the evening. They cancelled it without notice. This is all unfortunate because just a week or so before we had a wonderful dinner at LeGrand which is why I booked the NYE reservation... Too bad for us.
- New Year's Eve and FireworksCatherineDined on 12/31/2013The food was excellent-the cocktails selections were fun and the staff, especially Heather -our waitress-were understanding about our going out before dessert to see the 9:00 fireworks display. We also liked the booth which was a bit off by itself at the end of the bar because it was less noisy and my husband wears hearing aids. Thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Certainly worth a tryBigmakVIPDined on 12/28/2013A nice French Bistro although not comparable to the chefs earlier spot Brasserie Rouge. Service good enough but terribly knowledgeable which to me is a negative. You should know how to pronounce a dish and have some idea as to how it's prepared. Reasonably priced wine list and some nice drafts.
- Service didn't match foodlarrydinerDined on 12/28/2013Waitress doesn't seem properly educated. We wanted a dry white, and asked which of two sauvignon blancs was drier. With no hesitation she said the $12 per glass wine rather than the $9. We found the recommended wine rather sweet. Later we tried the less expensive wine and it was clearly drier. If she doesn't know she should admit that and consult a colleague. Also, she said "pancetta" means pasta. Bill was $100.43; I gave her $120. She came back without change, as if to say goodbye. When I asked for change she brought it, but I think she expected the extra $19.57 was tip. I didn't think she earned that much, and she got less for not bringing change. Menu confusing, but rabbit delicious, mashed potatoes great! Pommes frittes spectacular.Special Features:
- No FishBernieVIPDined on 12/21/2013Disappointed that they had run out of their only fish entree by 7 pm on a Saturday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place, food was good,ericDined on 12/21/2013nice place, food was good, a bit pricey. Although the pork chop was ok, the taste of the pork itself could have been better. Otherwise, steak was very good. Baby crying somewhere in restaurant quite a bit and parents did not have courtesy to take outside/elsewhere, but not restaurant's fault. Server was friendly, but did interrupt abruptly conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for Theater NightEastRiverDined on 12/17/2013We did not plan ahead to mak a reservation at one of our usual pre-theater dinner spots, so I used Open Table to find the nearby Bistro. Very glad we did. Each of our meals was perfect and the service was exactly right. The young woman who was our server is easily the best we have had outside of CapGrill, and she was more friendly and covering a section without an extensive support team. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Bit of ParisDulcieDined on 12/15/2013The ambience at Le Grand Bistro is easy and elegant. The decor immediately reminds one of Paris. Each visit brings another new offering from the classic menu. The oysters are fresh, the cheese is aged and the water is sparkling. This is the place to go for a dinner full of conversations which can be heard with ease and food sure to satisfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like going back to Paris..BeerIsFoodDined on 12/15/2013The food and service are always stellar!! They have one of the best Bloody Mary bars in the city, and a exceptional beers and wines to complement for the non-vodka crowd. Really, you can't go wrong here.. EVER!Special Features:
- one of my favesshaunaw1Dined on 12/14/2013Love Le Grand. Go as often as I can. Always great service and amazing food. One of my absolute favorite restaurants in DenverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What It Used To BeBFromDenverDined on 12/13/2013Used to love this place. Still like the ambiance and energy of this place and service was very good. The big however was the food. It's not as good as it used to be. Had a vegetarian tagine that was very bland. My husband had mussels that were also blah. Used to count on LaGrande for excellent French food that was reasonably priced. Sadly disappointed this time.