1940 Westlake Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baroloseattle.com/
- Phone: 2067709000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - midnight
Happy Hour: Every day
3:00pm-6:30pm and 10:00pm-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Milazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Food delivered only, no equipment.
- Private Party Facilities: Large and impressive semiprivate communal table for 22 people with dropped Italian crystal chandeliers. Semiprivate round table for 8 people with dropped Italian crystal chandelier.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 2067709000
A word from Barolo
Barolo Ristorante, located in the heart of downtown Seattle, offers a mix of timeless, old-world northern Italian dishes crafted with a contemporary presentation, using quality natural and organic products and ingredients, many from the Pacific Northwest. The wine list at Barolo includes more than 400 notable labels and varietals from around the world including Italy, California, Washington, Oregon and France. The restaurant also hosts a lively bar offering classic and specialty cocktails, over 40 kinds of grappas and late night dining. Set within a modern, urban building, Barolo’s smart Italian style is represented by lush textures, fabrics and ornamental design trends, merged with warm and comfortable accessories like hanging glass chandeliers over a large communal table, dark wood finishes, interesting interior lighting, and an abundance of flickering candlelight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Barolo - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)special occasion (59)romantic (58)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (26)good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- one of Seattle's 2 or 3 bestAlanDined on 12/29/2013Barolo is one of Seattle's 2 or 3 best Italian restaurants. The preparations are remarkable and the service is professional. It doesn't get much better than this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat visitsOlivetoVIPDined on 12/23/2013We have always had great service and food. We frequent Barolo on a regular basis and keep coming back because it's great.Special Features:
- Great dining experience in SeattleCalMalDined on 12/22/2013My husband and I had a wonderful dining experience at Barolo! The menu has so many great items to choose from we had a hard time deciding, so our waiter helped us by having the chefs split items for us or giving us just half orders of multiple items so we could have a 5 course meal and we were satisfied, not too full. Everything was delicious and out waiter was one of the best we have had which made the experience that much better. The only thing we didn't care for was the fact that you are very close to other diners and can hear every conversation going on at other tables near you. Other than that, this place is a wonderful find in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Spot!AmandaDined on 12/20/2013We were about 40 minutes late for our reservation (such bad form, I know) and they were still SO accommodating and they made my roommate's birthday SO special! The food was great and really well-presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MaggieDined on 12/20/2013We always go here when we're in Seattle. Fabulous food, knowledgeable a d friendly staff, great atmosphere, just so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish dish w/o Fish! Happy Ending!divineinvancouverDined on 12/14/2013Ordered fish and received potatoes + sizzled fish skin ! Really! Happy ending though! It was explained how it happened--fish melds into potato layer and not noticed that the fish was not added in the middle layer by kitchen--Really! Except by me, of course. Fish did arrive and rewarded with extra mussels! Also, awkward times in re-seating us when we didn't like our seat in the draft area going to the kitchen. We did make a reservation! We waited standing , by our table, to be re-seated at a nicer table! Felt very odd how it was handled. We went to this restaurant before and had such fabulous service and food that we wanted to come back! We will take a break now! Our waiter was a sweetheart btw and handled this situation with aplomb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing eveningjansDined on 12/13/2013the food was just mediocre, osso buco was overcooked and dry. The noise level was so high that you possibly could not have any conversation during dinner unless you wanted to shout. The only thing worth of any praise was the service.
- delayed reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2013Reservation was late by about 15 minutes. For dinner it would not be a problem, but for lunch when people are on tight timelines it is an inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!!Timothy4VIPDined on 12/11/2013Great service from start to finish, the Veal Carpaccio was incredible, the fresh made Rigatoni with Ragu was perfect, and the Taittinger Champagne...well, need I say more. I will only say, and this is me, I expected that, with a name like Barolo, there would be a Piedmontese bent to the menu and wine list. As everyone who loves wine knows, Barolo is a wine region in Piedmont, Italy. I was sorely disappointed to find zero presence of Piedmon the menu, and not a single white wine from the region available by the glass. I am really curious, because I own a Piedmontese restaurant in Portland, why the owners have called the place Barolo.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experiencechris2dineDined on 12/10/2013Service and ambiance were spot on. Grilled calamari appetizer was overdone by just a few seconds which can make all the diff ed rence. It wasn't overdone, the chef just missed the "sweet spot". Carbonara pasta was too al dente for my preference and heavy on the olive oil, but flavors were strong and tasty. The Crab and pasta had sufficient crab chunks, the red sauce didn't hit the mark for my date and after tasting I agree it needs a little work. The Cynar cocktail was decent, it could use a little sweetness to balance the bitter. Bread and tapanad was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- in a pinchTommyBDined on 12/8/2013Barolo has come to my aid many a time, I can usually reserve a table for the time I want without having to call too far in advance. Absolutely delicious food, very respectable wine list, hip and romantic ambience. Only minor complaint is that it can be a little loud. Otherwise - a true Seattle gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemLauraDined on 12/5/2013Fantastic food, service and ambiance. A real gem. Will definetly be revisiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two of the 4 of us liked our mealsRleb22Dined on 11/29/2013Waiter was pleasant at first but when He saw he was not going to rush us through our meal so he could turn the table quick he became rude and short with usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ex.Cell.Ent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2013Fabulous food. Fabulous restaurant staff...from the moment you walk in the door and greeted by a friendly hostess to the attentive wait staff. All made for, you guessed it, a fabulous evening!Special Features:
- Happiest of HoursShawnalooDined on 11/27/2013I can't count how many times I've come to Barolo. It always slips my mind of a great location for a drink, a nibble or a celebratory dinner. Their happy hour (every day 3-6:30) is a not to miss in Seattle. Grab friends and get cozy in their bar over the $14 white, red or rose. Order the mixed antipasto plate($7.50). It's all the salty Italian nibbles you could ever want on one plate and then some. If you're feeling romantic or with a larger group, grab a table in their modernly gothic dining room. Portions are generous, the price is right and the wine list is killer! I have yet to try a dish that didn't make my taste buds happy.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerEatforfunDined on 11/26/2013Chose Barolo for a Birthday dinner and booked thru open table. In my booking I mentioned it was a friends birthday and there was anything special that could be done and sure enough they came thru. An excellent table by the window was provided and our menus were personalized with a nice greeting to the birthday person. The service and food were excellent making it for a great celebration. Definitely will be dining here again as there are other aspects I would like to check out because of our great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a Dine Around SeattlesfseattleVIPDined on 11/26/2013Enjoyed a Dine Around Seattle 3-course lunch for $15. Several choices were offered at each course. For appetizer selected a refreshing kale and grilled artichoke Caesar salad; for the entree selected a boneless beef short rib which was very tender as well as juicy served over a portion of polenta; chose a slice of very light olive oil cake with organic berries for dessert. A basket of tasty bread with an equally tasty spread preceded the meal. Our server Laura was very attentive .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Gnocchi!yumyumVIPDined on 11/23/2013The food was excellent! We had the escargot, gnocchi, canoli, and poached pear. Everything tasted great. Our server was ok, but only seemed to be going through the motions and not very engaging. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:
- Poor food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/20/2013Came for Dine Around Seattle, the menu was different than online. The short ribs we ordered were overcooked and bone dry. On top of that the lamb on the menu was out, even though it was 6:30 on a weeknight! The waitress took almost 10 min to even acknowledge we were there. Prices for alcohol were incredibly steep as well, would not recommend this place.
- Seattle's best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/17/2013Excellent pasta dishes, very good wine list . Great choice for romantic dinner or business meeting. One of the most outstanding group of waiters in the Northwest. Had dinner Sunday and Monday evenings , both nights food was outstanding!!Special Features:
- The Most Amazing Dinner!!!FoodieDined on 11/16/2013This was our second time to Barolo (1st time was years ago) and is fantastic. I noted in my OT reservation that we were on a date night sans kids and it was my birthday to see if they would even pay attention to the details (yes I'm in the business). BOY did they ever. They wished me a Happy Birthday when the hostess seated us and the manager brought over 2 glasses of sparking wine. The best part of the evening was the service we received from our server Shannon, he was truly fantastic and had such a great attitude. The wine was great, the food was delicious, the atmosphere perfect. We really had a great time and appreciate the very good service.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013Enjoyable dining experience, excellent menu and food. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/15/2013Boiling escargot in wells of garlic butter may require an extra work out to recover from, but they are the best on a cold fall night. Lobster risotto, excellent; sea bass on a bed of kale just melts in your mouth, and a great selection of Italian wines to cleanse the palate. Our server Shannon is always a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valet chargeToddDined on 11/14/2013Food was very good along with the bread. The simple thing that made this dinner somewhat negative was the valet charge of $10 before tip. If you are within walking distance(Westin), go for it. But $10 for valet just seems too high me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping Lunch spotmondoDined on 11/12/2013The play was jammed for lunch and seemed a happening place for casual diners and business types. The food was well prepared and of excellent quality.Special Features:
- Highlight of SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2013First visit to Seattle and we were told Barolo was a must see. Golden beet salad was 5 stars as was my wife's caesar salad. Filet was tender and flavorful. Sea bass was the best ever. Do not miss the grilled calamari was the finest i have ever eaten. In the end, Barolo was about the best meal I have ever experienced. I cannot saw enough about this place. Do not miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinnerbossyVIPDined on 11/10/2013We were happy to discover this restaurant after previewing various seattle travel/eats websites. We took part in the Seattle dine prix fixe promotion. Great drinks from the bar. Amazing martinis.Special Features:
- Visitors to SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013We read about Barolo's and decided to try it on a Sunday night. It was a good experience, with nice a ambience and very well prepared food. The menu is varied, including veal, pork, beef, fish, chicken and vegetarian. The wait staff is attentive and helpful, and not necessarily recommending the most expensive items on the menu. Rather, they make sensible recommendation to go with one's order. They explain the preparation of each of the dishes one asks about. In all, a very nice place with excellent food. We would happily return to Barolo's restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodclaudiaDined on 11/9/2013delicious authentic Italian food with a modern twistSpecial Features:
- Good Italianseattle2VIPDined on 11/8/2013We had a good meal at Barolo on a Friday night. The restaurant and bar are very busy and the noise level is pretty high. The food was good but a little uneven. The wild boar entrée was excellent! The wine list is extensive and has a wide range of prices. Service was friendly but not terribly efficient; for example, our water glasses were refilled only when we got to the dessert course.Special Features:
- reviewbochia4Dined on 11/7/2013I had a hot date and this place was perfect and we head a great time so thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Wait to ReturnAngieNDined on 11/5/2013My family decided to try Barolo for Dine Around since their menu was, by far, the most interesting. We had a lovely meal with great service provided by Brian, who was a perfect host and clearly had a great sense of what kind of experience we were looking for. The regular menu looked delicious, we already have plans to return next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the atmosphere ofExcellentVIPDined on 11/3/2013We loved the atmosphere of this place – Lighting was really nice and comfortable. Joseph (our server) was very helpful describing the different dishes and helping us with the wine selections. We definitely would return to this restaurantSpecial Features:
- We had a late night meal atCherylDined on 11/2/2013We had a late night meal at Barolo and were thrilled to find the place jumping at 11:00pm and beyond. Our dinners were fantastic and service was great. The energetic vibe makes Barolo a terrific late night find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance for FoodiesKatthegreatDined on 11/2/2013Exceeded our expectations in every way - shared the Burrata con Finocchio, Limone e Pomodorini, Carpaccio di Vitello con Melange di Tartufo Bianco, and Vitello al Tartufo Nero. Food was outstanding and the perfect portion sizes. Wine list was diverse and recommendations were apprectiated. Service was professional and personal. Gread find in this funky neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!ThemurfsVIPDined on 11/2/2013Great date night at this restaurant. The food was delish, the waiter was awesome and the decor is dreamy. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good place to eatDavidDined on 10/31/2013The food here is amazing, Jason really made my Girlfriend feel special for her birthday with a free birthday dessert at the end of our meal. The waiter was always there if needed, and the food is simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentRWDinerVIPDined on 10/30/2013Barolo didn't disappoint. My wife and I had a delightful lunch. Our server (Joseph) was fantastic, and the food was excellent, as usual. We love Barolo for dinner, but they also do a wonderful lunch. Complimentary sparkling water was a nice touch.
- Great food, great serviceCschaveDined on 10/29/2013We both had the gnocchi. The pheasant was perfectly roasted. We ordered the prosciutto to start and that was awesome! Out waitress was very helpful and read us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2013We drove from Portland to dine at Barolo at a friend's recommendation. The food, service, and ambience was second to none. There is no restaurant similar to this Italian restaurant in the Portland area. Our server, Nicholas was outstanding and make it a special occasion for all of us. A definite return.Special Features: