1940 Westlake Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baroloseattle.com/
- Phone: 2067709000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 7 days a week: 3:00pm - midnight
Happy Hour: Every day
3:00pm-6:30pm and 10:00pm-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Milazzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Food delivered only, no equipment.
- Private Party Facilities: Large and impressive semiprivate communal table for 22 people with dropped Italian crystal chandeliers. Semiprivate round table for 8 people with dropped Italian crystal chandelier.
- Private Party Contact: Jason 2067709000
A word from Barolo
Barolo Ristorante, located in the heart of downtown Seattle, offers a mix of timeless, old-world northern Italian dishes crafted with a contemporary presentation, using quality natural and organic products and ingredients, many from the Pacific Northwest. The wine list at Barolo includes more than 400 notable labels and varietals from around the world including Italy, California, Washington, Oregon and France. The restaurant also hosts a lively bar offering classic and specialty cocktails, over 40 kinds of grappas and late night dining. Set within a modern, urban building, Barolo’s smart Italian style is represented by lush textures, fabrics and ornamental design trends, merged with warm and comfortable accessories like hanging glass chandeliers over a large communal table, dark wood finishes, interesting interior lighting, and an abundance of flickering candlelight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Barolo - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Barolo reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)special occasion (56)romantic (56)notable wine list (52)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (25)hot spot (25)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- JkeiserJkeiserDined on 6/13/2014Great location and food for a business lunch or date. The service was excellent and knowledgeable for food and wine recommendations. I will come again and recommend Barolo to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Client Dinner-or RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Really nice upscale but not snooty restaurant. I was hosting a client and his wife, and it was perfect. However, the booths would have been great for a romantic dinner. And it had a nice bar which looked quite crowded too. Food was delicious and well-presented. Noise level was a bit high for conversation, but that's a common complaint in busy restaurants.Special Features:
- always pleasedLucianoDined on 6/8/2014I keep returning to Barolo. Great wine list and food. They make their own ravioli and have a different type every now and then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerJerrykDined on 6/8/2014Excellent food, great service. A great find when visiting Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oksterlinghawkDined on 6/7/2014Service was below par, waitress kept looking for some reason at the table behind us and goofed up my order. Service was slow
- The place to be!JerryWVIPDined on 6/6/2014Barolo was really hopping on the Friday night we were there, and it was really fun to people watch with a very diverse crowd. The food was great, but our server (Lindsey) was even better, with her knowledge and recommendations; we might return just because of her alone!Special Features:
- A great placeVisitorDined on 6/5/2014A restaurant for special ocassions. Good food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have given 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/31/2014As the food was really good and I loved the ambiance (inside).....chandeliers, candles, etc. Only reason I gave it 4 stars is we were eating outside and our waitress didn't tell as about the happy hour menu which the other 2 tables seem to be in the "Know of". Before we had dessert we asked about the happy hour menu and she said oh yes it is happy hour for another 10 minutes let me bring you the menu.... would have been nice to have gotten both menus prior to ordering our dinner. We will go back to try happy hour in the future as it looked like some really good deals. Even without the happy hour incentive would still go back as the food was really good.Special Features:
- Modern ItalianLarryVDined on 5/29/2014Great food and service. Acoustics is very lively; but, there are spots good for intimacy.Special Features:
- Great location and fresh fishDerYupYupDined on 5/27/2014My first time at Barolo was for lunch. Great location and food was delicious. I arrived early and wait staff was engaging and warm. I will return for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!FoodLoverVIPDined on 5/26/2014My husband I were cruising open table to find somewhere to eat while in Seattle. I'm glad we came across Barolo. The decor and ambiance was nice, the food was delicious and our waitress knew the menu. I had the king crab pasta and my husband had the chicken entree. We were both pleased with our meal and will most likely return here on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in SeattleGevans4503VIPDined on 5/25/2014We chose Barolo because of its close proximity to our hotel, but would select it again for the excellent food and outstanding service. Our waiter was delightful; very helpful with menu suggestions for our vegan guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a regular spot for usOutAndAboutDined on 5/23/2014Since we discovered Borolo we have been back 3 times in a month. Some unique dishes and all very good and the service is top notch.Special Features:
- dutchsailorDined on 5/20/2014Barolo is consistent in their delivery of food quality and the atmosphere is always excellent. Indeed a gem in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- The following 1017 reviews are from the Barolo reviews archive.
- Usually great but...ChrisDined on 5/16/2014Everything was good but wasn't as great in times past; we will return to try their lamb burger as it is usually outstanding to see if they can redeem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprise FindChrisDined on 5/5/2014I had friends coming in from out of town, and had heard good things about Barolo. The décor was understated in an attractive way, clean and uncluttered, with tables properly arranged for keeping conversations separated. Among the three of us, there was unanimous agreement that our entrees were first rate, while the service was a pleasing blend of the professional and the personable. I fully intend to revisit.Special Features:
- Excellent server, food goodDiannaDined on 5/4/2014I wish I remembered our server's name; a young blonde woman who was knowledgeable and attentive in just the right way. I wish more servers knew just when to appear rather than bothering diners every 10 minutes with "is everything OK?" (Pet peeve of mine.) She only approached us when it was the right time. Attractively designed restaurant, quality clientele. I would have liked the dishes to be a bit more flavorful; they were too subtle for me, but attractive presentations, interesting combinations. All in all, a nice evening but no memorable dishes for me except for the sautéed calamari. (I DO prefer fairly intense flavors, so to be fair others might be more thrilled with the food here.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transport to Super CoolCigardoDined on 5/2/2014Like the combo of great, perfectly priced food, great scene, great people watching, go here they got it all! Stunning entrees/fabulous homemade pasta/perfectly balanced sauces; awesome apps; pretty desserts!Special Features:
- SeatteliteVIPDined on 5/1/2014Definitely the best Italian Restaurant in this part of townSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/30/2014I have been here 4-5 times in last. 5 years. This time we had a great service to us by Joseph.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely one of my favorites!MarleneDined on 4/25/2014Great experience from valet parking to service to food! It was just a wonderful way to cap off a hectic week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TolerableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2014The food is so good that I often forget about or tolerate some of the worst service I have ever had. It is consistently terrible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikoVIPDined on 4/19/2014Great food and service was good. Would definitely recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AmeliaDined on 4/19/2014I have been wanting to try Barolo for years, and finally made it. I have a new favorite downtown Seattle dining spot! The food was perfect, quality and quantity. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The atmosphere is so pretty at night, definitely romantic, but wouldn't be weird going there with a bunch of friends either! The bar looks like a popular spot, although it's a bit small....arrive early if that's your destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before balletpattyjaneDined on 4/17/2014We enjoyed a lovely dinner before attending the ballet. The valet parking was key since it was raining cats and dogs. Our food was delicious and the waitress was knowledgeable and the service was superb.Special Features:
- Sad in SeattleNicoleDined on 4/16/2014Our waiter was so rude he actually apologized. It was not a good experience. Apparently doing Restaurant Week means you don't deserve good service. Supremely disappointed.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2014Soon as you walk in you feel the vibrant energy! Warm reception and seated right on reservation time. Great service, food was really good (3rd time visit). Recommend to anyone that wants yummy, fresh & creative food offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok.DannoDined on 4/16/2014This place is just ok. The food was just ok. The service was great. Very small but decorative portions, and tasted just ok. Great wine list. Very noisy, sometimes strained to hear the conversation at my own table. I did go right after work 6pm, during restaurant week, so maybe this is not what it is usually like. Not bad, not great, just ok.Special Features:
- An ExperienceLaBoucheDined on 4/15/2014It reminds me of Italy with the chandeliers except at Barolo the Service is King. We love talking to the staff-they know their food and wine. Great cocktails and the food is very good with reasonable choices. Second time we have gone. It will be a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or Misstslusk0501Dined on 4/15/2014My wife knows I'm hard to please with Italian food. We dined here for Seattle Restaurant Week. I returned for lunch the following week because the waiter mentioned the risotto was 'not to miss', but it was only offered on their lunch. Their dinner menu was outstanding, flavorful all around. Lunch was bland and heavy. The best part being the cannoli for dessert. However, the service is VERY impressive and attentive, without hovering. I recommend it, but be selective and know what you're craving. Trust your gut. ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeattleRestaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2014We decided to try Barolo because it was included in the 3 courses for $28, and found it b be very enjoyable. Thanks for the opportunity to try a place we didn't know (being from out of town). Good food, especially the halibut!Special Features:
- Lunch during Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2014Had the tuna carpaccio, gnocchi, and olive cake from the restaurant week menu. Portion size was what I expected for a lunch menu. Everything was well-prepared, but nothing really stood out for me in terms of flavors.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Lunch is a WINBunnyDined on 4/10/2014Great service, quick in and out, great food... I needed to be rolled back to the office. Flavors were delicious, and simple. $5 glass of wine was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and the 3 for $15funfoodDined on 4/8/2014Great food and the 3 for $15 is an outstanding value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service butptompk2Dined on 4/6/2014Great food and service but ambience is poor. Looking outside the dining windows is a mcdonalds and above ground parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BarologoodfoodDined on 4/6/2014We had a great time. Our waiter gave us good information and great service. Suggested a wine that met both of our tastes. We were there for the Seattle Dinner Weeks and the meal choice was good. My friend ordered the duck and it was delicious. I ordered the squid pasta with crab and other seafood. Was exceedingly salty. Without a blink the waiter took it away and brought me the duck which was indeed excellent. Would go there again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but not the lastOutAndAboutDined on 4/5/2014Great meal for our four and excellent service. Very friendly and fun. We will be regulars,Special Features:
- GreatCoryVIPDined on 4/2/2014We had some good things and some great things. The Lobster Risotto is amazing but the salads and Carbonara was just good. The service is good and the atmosphere is very nice. We have been going there for a long time and they seem to not degrade like many other restaurants after this many years of service.Special Features:
- Great, great food, pushy staff...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014This was my second time at Barolo. I was amazed at the quality of the food - absolutely everything I tried there so far was awesome. I love their antipasti. On the other hand, the waitstaff is a little bit too pushy. This time I was having a dinner with a friend, and the waiter came by every few minutes to fiddle with the salt shaker or to shift the candlestick around. I felt the atmosphere would be better with slightly more room to spare for their patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 courses for $30RemyDined on 3/27/2014Two of us took advantage of the Dine around Seattle special and had the exact same 3 courses. The appetizer course of polenta with pheasant sauce was outstanding. The entree of gnocchi and main lobster was OK but not great. The gnocchi were definitely not feather light and the lobster was a bit overcooked. The dessert of chocolate mousse was wonderful and service was attentive and friendly. All in all, a fine meal and our 4th time dining at Barolo. WIll be back!Special Features: