2134 Larimer St.
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trilliumdenver.com/
- Phone: 3033799759x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
HAPPY HOUR! 5:00- 7:00 pm in the bar, lounge or patio
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Scandinavian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Leinonen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Contact the restaurant for details about off-site catering, we would be happy to accommodate your event!
- Special Events: Trillium offers a private dining area, a lounge and full restaurant buyouts for client special events. In-house special events happen monthly, please contact our Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the restaurant directly for information about special events.
- Cross Street: Park Avenue East
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located 10 minutes away from the 16th/Market Street bus station and eight blocks from the RTD light rail at Union Station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are two pay lots on either side of Trillium, as well as plenty of metered parking. Please be mindful to leave adequate time to find parking on game day as we are in close range to Coors Field. Please contact the restaurant regarding any questions about game days. We encourage utilization of public transit, taxis, bicycles or walking to the restaurant as well!
A word from Trillium
Trillium is a chic, lively, urban restaurant from Chef/Owner Ryan Leinonen that features eclectic cuisine rooted in the American and Scandinavian culinary tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Trillium - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Trillium reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)special occasion (37)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Boring food, inattentive serviceLilliBellaDined on 5/14/2014The food, while described beautifully, was quite flavorless.The cheese plate was anemic, and when we asked for bread or crackers to go with it... anything to add crunch... they not only looked at us like we were crazy but brought us half-toasted rye bread. The service was slow, and our server, who for some reason was also the bartender, was inattentive. My friend, who is vegetarian, mentioned that he was vegetarian, and the server said "oh, we'll just make you something". She refused to get a description of the dish from the chef... "oh, it could be pasta, but it might be beans. You never know" was the answer we got. His dish was a bean stew with apple salad on top. Odd, and not delicious. Also, $28 for a bowl of beans.
- Delicious and enjoyableOutstandinDined on 5/11/2014The food was great as always. The smorgasbord was very tasty. Good drink selections. Great service. Excellent bread and desserts.Special Features:
- Great FoodMrsSVIPDined on 5/11/2014I read in a previous review that someone ordered Trout and they were given salmon. They are currently offering a special Steelhead trout that comes pink in color. So maybe the patron was mistaken. Trout was good(amd pink), chicken was excellent and lamb was very tender. Waiting area is cute as well.Special Features:
- No Vegetarian OptionsnonplussedDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. Ordered the eggs benedict and asked if it could be made vegetarian since there were no other savory veggie options. The waitress assured me that was possible--then came back 5 minutes later and asked me if I wanted bacon or sausage! When the benedict arrived, there were 2 watery, small eggs (very badly poached; the chef needs to practice poaching if benedict is offered). The soda bread was too spongy for such watery eggs. The meal was inedible. The cost for 2 small eggs and 2 pieces of soda bread was $15. My mother had the salmon but was not forewarned by the menu or the waitress that it would be raw. While raw salmon is a perfectly fine, customers should be warned before ordering. Will not return.Special Features:
- Scandanavian delightsPurpleMtnMommaDined on 5/10/2014It has been nearly 20 years since I dined in Sweden and Trillium provided a nice balance of fresh flavors in Scandanavian dishes. The Clam and Lamb features some tasty little meatballs and the bone marrow was our favorite dish of the night. Explore and enjoy!Special Features:
- Loved!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Absolutely wonderful!! We had the pork belly chop and braised lamb shank and both were wonderful!! We'll be back - SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing everything!semleonVIPDined on 5/7/2014Food...amazing. Service...amazing. This is on the repeat list for sure!Special Features:
- As nice the second time aroundcedyDined on 5/6/2014We first ate here last September. The menu has changed, but the food, presentation and service remains excellent. My pickled herring appetizer & belly pork chop (very rich) entrees were amazing (very rich). My wife's salad was nicely put together and tasty, and the steelhead trout was perfectly done. Desert was excellent too - a panna cotta of some sort. Pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Unique and Fun, but not too Crazytch7001Dined on 5/3/2014My wife and I have been to Trillium a couple of times and it's always great. I'm always amazed it's not crazy busy, but that's part of why we enjoy it so much. Raaka and Skagen are awesome. How many places have flights of Akvavit? Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful. Just wonderful.BohemianInTheBurbsVIPDined on 5/2/2014We'd been wanting to check it out and were not disappointed. Great happy hour specials. Be sure to try their specialties like house-made aquavit, meatballs, and well, anything Scandinavian. The bread served with dinner was amazing. The entrees were beautifully presented and scrumptious. Service was perfectly attentive. We were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceBillGDined on 4/26/2014An interesting and appealing menue with enough variation to satisfy most every taste. Although not the lowest cost meal you will have it was worth the price. Good wine list with great by-the-glass selections. Service was prompt without being obtrusive. Allowed to enjoy the meal and the friends I went with without feeling rushed to clear the table. A couple of minor faults - speciality cocktail was light on liquor and heavy on ice and mixer, corrected immediately w/o extra cost; and the bread pudding on the menue was not what one would expect but was tasty. Would go back and do recommend it to any and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service Served W/ DishesMonteeVIPDined on 4/24/2014From the moment the moment we arrived we were treated great. Throughout dinner we never wanted for anything, our server was incredibly patient and helpful. She explained the menu and wine list exactly so we understood. The Scandinavian inspired menu was really different but excellent. The Cauliflower soup was so delicious along with bone marrow served with a delightful pear compote. The caviar service was very affordable and good. The wine list is organized by flavor profile which made it easy to decide on a wine. Overall we enjoyed it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Easter Brunch!bettyDined on 4/20/2014Our family of 4 enjoyed brunch and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!AllieVIPDined on 4/12/2014Went for my parents anniversary, when we arrived they had great champagne ready for us! The server was amazing and had excellent recommendations. Everything we tried was phenomenal, especially the pork chop! Looking forward to going back for the "let the chef cook" experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality food but a littleJimbo2VIPDined on 4/9/2014Good quality food but a little pricey if you have any drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GailDined on 4/1/2014This menu is exceptional, fun and satisfying, traditionally Scandinavian and cutting edge at the same time, with something for both adventurous and non-adventurous diners. We worked our way through the menu, starting with small and medium dishes and then sharing a generous entree. Don't miss the delicious Raaka, with its lovely smoky surprise presentation. Everything on the menu is well chosen, well presented, and a good value. Excellent cocktails, spirits and wines. Beautiful, comfy dining room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top perfect!MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 3/27/2014We had never been here before and we WILL definitely be going back! From the nice décor to the service, knowledge, and food this place has it all. Our waiter Hans was very knowledgeable of everything on the menu and did not hesitate to tell us about the different things since it was our first time. He provided impeccable service and suggestions. The back wait staff was also very attentive as well, making sure our drinks stayed full and we had anything else we needed (he was a cutie too). The food was absolutely magnificent! I had the scallops with the beet risotto and my taste buds went soaring! My partner had the pork chop which Hans recommended and he was right, it was the best chop we've ever had. We truly enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small disappointmenthyveeDined on 3/26/2014The drinks were really good and the beet salad appetizer was delicious. However, the entrees were disappointing. The scallops dish was too salty, with the exception of the beet risotta which needed some salt. As such, it was a good pairing between the salty kale and the risotto, but the kale was exceptionally salty and I couldn't hardly eat more than one small piece per bit. The scallops were cooked well, but again too salty. The lamb shank was nothing extraordinary and tasted similar to beef stew, which I would never choose to order at a restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, friendly, delightful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014Tried Trillium for a birthday dinner. Wait staff was attentive and friendly but did not hover. Scallops cooked perfectly. I could have done with a bit less beet risotto. Trout was outstanding. Porkchop was beautiful, definitely not something you would ever find in a local grocery. Really nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/21/2014There was nothing at Trillium that didn't exceed our wildest expectations. Nuanced flavors were present in every single dish that every one of us ordered. The kitchen was most accommodating in dealing with food allergies and preferences, improvising with remarkable acumen. The interior of the restaurant reinforces that this is a place you don't want to leave. We came to Trillium with high hopes; the chef and wait staff certainly didn't disappoint us. What a meal!Special Features:
- 5 stars all around. Love theTBearVIPDined on 3/16/20145 stars all around. Love the akavit salmon and famous grouse scotch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trillium....4.8/5?UnrepentantFoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014trillium is about a 4.8, but I can't give perfect scores. Creative drink list. Check. Trout raaka, a crudo that was epically delicious, as in "this is what whitefish was made for!!!" Check. Mussels that were wonderful....check. A lamb shank that would make a vegetarian crave lamb...yes, that good. Check. A friendly and knowledgeable server who gave just the right amount of attention...check. And a modern, fun décor with a set of circular couches that would make waiting a delightful event. Yup, that, too. I felt sorry for those folks outside on Saturday drinking green beer, and wearing the Irish green clothing, while we were inside having a darn near perfect dinner. Well, no I didn't. Trillium is a gem.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014We had a lovely anniversary meal at Trillum. The food was unique, and the flavors were wonderful. We are big fans of seafood and would recommend the oysters, which were quite fresh and tasty in the ginger akvavit, the trout raaka served in a jar, and the "Glassblower Style" perch. We also shared the beet salad topped with frozen goat cheese. The frozen goat cheese was amazing! This is a must have dish at Trillum. The drinks were also quite good as were the desserts. Our severs, especially our waiter, were excellent! All in all, this was a great place to spend a special night, and we will be going back again soon to enjoy their delicious food.Special Features:
- Great Concept; Poor ExceptionjnichsDined on 3/13/2014The restaurant has a great vibe and the wait staff and definitely well trained but unfortunately the food is definitely lacking, especially for the price. Had I made those dishes in my own kitchen, I wouldn't make them again. We had the mussels which were pretty good. We also ordered the chicken and the pork chop. The vegetables with the chicken were pretty bad - they just didn't taste good. I've been eating a lot more veggies in my diet so it's not just the veggies but also the execution. It just didn't seem like a good pair.
- What a place! My new fav!TimLakewoodDined on 3/8/2014I had the "Steak and Eggs", which was a very creative play on the original dish and tasted amazing. The Pork Chop which was the best pork I had...ever. I enjoyed the sweet potato and bacon hash on the side. Dessert was a Chocolate Bread Pudding, which was not soggy at all, tasted more like a cake. My fiance is not a fan of chocolate, but she really enjoyed this. On the food side, 5 stars. Service was a 5, except they forgot my 2nd drink until we got our meal and didn't receive until I was almost finished. Also, the TV at the bar was a little distracting for me. Hence, the 4 stars. But other than that, it was great a place I would recommend it to anyone who wants a fun culinary adventure and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique & Outstanding FoodPrimeDineDined on 3/8/2014Our party of four ordered over 8 dishes just to try the majority of plates. The food was amazing. We tried stuff that we never ate before and things that individuals hated from past experience loved and found a new respect for certain foods. Amazing Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible dining experienceSteveNDined on 3/6/2014I chose Trillium as my birthday celebration destination and they did not disappoint. Outstanding food, service, drinks and atmosphere. If you want to try something a little different in Denver, their Scandinavian/American cuisine offered here is a must try. Even if one doesn't think some of the combos they put together sound that good in the surface, the way they are expertly prepared is sure to knock anyone's socks off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great smoked fishsamtDined on 3/4/2014very good and innovative food. Smoked fish apps are exceptionally good. Entrees very solid and tasty. Wines and cocktails good.Special Features:
- Interesting and excellentAndyDined on 3/1/2014The flavors at Trillium aren't familiar to most in the U.S. but they are put together exceptionally well. If you are looking to get out of your comfort zone and try something new, Trillium brings an authentic Scandinavian taste to Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Space is open, not much personalitycraigDined on 2/28/2014Space is open, not much personality. Server was rushed. It seemed like they had the foundation to be a good resturant but just hadn't brought it all together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awesome, theMarciaDined on 2/27/2014The food was awesome, the restaurant ambiance was great, the neighborhood does have some unwanted character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting platesBaileyTDined on 2/27/2014Great food presented in an interesting way. We went here for restaurant week, and it was a great bargain considering the size of the portions. Friendly service explained the details of every dish. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- TrilliumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014Excellent restaurant week menu, all three entrees were wonderful, the starters were inventive, and the deserts offered appealed to a variety of preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Trip to ScandanaviaRDCATVIPDined on 2/26/2014Wow...when I signed up for Denver Restaurant Week, I wasn't prepared for Trillium. My guest and I were awed both by the food and service. Every single dish was exquisitely prepared and presented, The steelhead trout appetizers and Skagen shrimp were wonderful, as well as our entrees of trout and steak. And the desserts did it,,,,a fine end to a perfect evening! Thank you. We have already told so many people of Trillium. One of the places I will definitely return now that I know it exists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week meal okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2014I love the Trillium space - clean lines, modern and open. The lounge area in the front is a great gathering place for pre-dinner drinks. For the main course, I ordered the vegetarian beets with pappardelle. While the dish was beautiful (noodles were deep purplish-red), there were not a lot of beets and the flavor was just a bit too vinegary for me. The cauliflower soup and the apple phyllo dessert were both very delicious.Special Features:
- the music was a bit loud andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2014the music was a bit loud and not to my liking but food and service were excellent and decor nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not great...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2014My friend and I were very excited to try this restaurant. The service was great overall. The tables were very small and close together- so much so I could barely move without running into someone next to me. The cauliflower soup was excellent, but that was the highlight of the meal. I ordered trout, but I'm fairly certain I got salmon. The gnocchi was the best part of the dish. The food overall was good, just not great.Special Features:
- Denver Restaurant Week ReviewLarryDined on 2/23/2014Really enjoyed our dining experience. The menu gave you opportunities to try different things. I really enjoyed the Scandinavian influenced dishes. So many flavors in each bite. Definitely will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No better food in DenverLoDoDinerDined on 2/22/2014My mouth is still watering thinking about the food at Trillium. Gouda cheese plate and all its accoutrements, Skagen toast, Steelhead trout, Never-ever strip. Everything made to absolute perfection. SO delicious! We will be back for more! Two issues: (1) The tables are way too close together. At least the two-tops along the wall are. (2) The service was so-so. We were at our table at least 10 minutes before our waiter came to greet us, the way the bar & waitstaff interact with you is better suited to Denny's than a $30/plate restaurant, and I can't count how many times staff walked by our table and left empty, dirty plates sitting there. On the plus side, the waiter knew the menu well and the food came out of the kitchen at a good pace.Special Features:
- Valentines at TrilliumValentinesDined on 2/14/2014The food was absolutely delicious. However between the appetizer and the entre we wait a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.