2134 Larimer St.
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trilliumdenver.com/
- Phone: 3033799759x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
HAPPY HOUR! 5:00- 7:00 pm in the bar, lounge or patio
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Scandinavian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Leinonen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Contact the restaurant for details about off-site catering, we would be happy to accommodate your event!
- Special Events: Trillium offers a private dining area, a lounge and full restaurant buyouts for client special events. In-house special events happen monthly, please contact our Events Manager at email@example.com or call the restaurant directly for information about special events.
- Cross Street: Park Avenue East
- Public Transit: We are conveniently located 10 minutes away from the 16th/Market Street bus station and eight blocks from the RTD light rail at Union Station.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are two pay lots on either side of Trillium, as well as plenty of metered parking. Please be mindful to leave adequate time to find parking on game day as we are in close range to Coors Field. Please contact the restaurant regarding any questions about game days. We encourage utilization of public transit, taxis, bicycles or walking to the restaurant as well!
A word from Trillium
Trillium is a chic, lively, urban restaurant from Chef/Owner Ryan Leinonen that features eclectic cuisine rooted in the American and Scandinavian culinary tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Trillium - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Trillium reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)special occasion (38)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)hot spot (8)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great time for girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The food, service and atmosphere where all five-star — so glad we ended up at Trillium for our Denver Restaurant Week night out. The steak was perfectly cooked, and we'd all go back for the bacon whipped cream alone! My group ordered all the different desserts and loved every one. Seeing this place named among 5280's Top New Restaurants 2012 is absolutely a worthy nod.Special Features:
- Our group of 8 dined duringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2012Our group of 8 dined during DRW and had a excellent experience. Lots of flavors to each dish and wine pairings accompanied each dish accordingly. Will definitely return. Mixologist was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Excellent...can't wait to returnFish4everVIPDined on 2/25/2012Food and service were excellent! It's a new restaurant so hopefully it will continue to thrive. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- From small plates to dessert,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/25/2012From small plates to dessert, this meal was top notch. The beet pudding was a stand out, but my beef tenderloin and carrot cake were also very good. Flavors were clean, simple mixes with creative notes--the bacon whipped cream and pepper honey sauces were genius. I can only complain that there wasn't decaf espresso...but the decaf french press was far better than average so it's not much of a complaint.Special Features:
- We visited Trillium duringOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2012We visited Trillium during 5280 week. The food was good, especially the trout with mussel dill broth. The desserts were only okay, not very memorable except the totally unnecessary mint leaf garnish (ugh! why do that?). Loved the Hot Tamale aquavit and appreciated the effort they made to make a special non-alcoholic drink for my husband. We'll return to try Trillium again!Special Features:
- Very good food, reasonableAlDuganVIPDined on 2/24/2012Very good food, reasonable prices. Would recommend you try it. I don't understand the amount of time it took to serve the carrot cake (20+ minutes).Special Features:
- We are gluten-free and whileJodiPDined on 2/24/2012We are gluten-free and while the chefs were more than willing to cater to our dietary needs, there was a lot on the menu that could not be adjusted. As gluten-free foodies, I would not recommend going here when there are tons of gluten-free foodie options in LoDo and LoHi.
- It's great to get new typesDHMonksVIPDined on 2/23/2012It's great to get new types of restaurants like Trillium - the food was original and fresh. I would go back, but it's not in the top 5 restaurants in Denver. Definitely would recommend people try it at least once.Special Features:
- What A FInd!CrisDined on 2/19/2012We went with no expectations to celebrate a low-key 60th birthday and were blown away by the quality of the food and staff. We hope to got often and would recommend it unconditionally. Everything was fresh and so tasty. We had a selection of salads and fish dishes and every single dish was delicious. The tater tots were a big hit all around, especially my daughter!Special Features:
- Delicious food beatifully servedFoodfanVIPDined on 2/19/2012Three of us dined at Trillium for the first time after reading the article in the Post. We were not disappointed. Sampled a variety of dishes. Everything was good but the standouts for us were the cauliflower soup and the salad with the vanilla vinaigarette.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Great atmosphere and great food. All of our dishes were fantastic. The wine list was unique and value priced. We were pleasantly surprised and will be back.Special Features:
- The service was incredible.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012The service was incredible. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful! I would greatly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Skol!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/18/2012What a wonderful place to dine. Excellent service. Unique menu of very tasty dishes. The smorgasbord was a special treat. Good variety of small plates and entrees, good selection of value-priced wines; we dined rather early, so the ambiance was very relaxed and not too noisy. I will definitely be back to go through this outstanding menu and work my way through some of their special cocktails and small plates. The duck dish was the best ever.Special Features:
- Was slightly disappointedgenoaflashVIPDined on 2/18/2012Was slightly disappointed in the food - would have liked to have seen a more Scandinavian menu.Special Features:
- Great experience, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2012Great experience, wonderful cocktails, delicious wine, and amazing food. Truffle tater tots and portabello fries were a great way to start.Special Features:
- Great food. We are definitelyDennisDined on 2/18/2012Great food. We are definitely going back again. Varied menu with some great flavors. Very good service.Special Features:
- I can't wait to go back andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012I can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu. I had the Lake Superior White Fish. I ate it way to fast because I couldn't put my fork down. The setting, the people, the staff, the food. Everything was awesome.Special Features:
- $2 parking!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2012Excellent food :-) The portions are kinda small, but the quality is outstanding. I love the location and the neighborhood offers lots of options for after-dinner. $2 parking lot next door....can't beat that!Special Features:
- Scandinavia comes to Denver.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2012A gentle take on Scandinavian food, which is a first for Denver. On a mid-winter Wednesday night, the place was not crowded (although the Denver Post review the same day may change that in the future). I had the trout Raaka (a mound of chopped raw steelhead lightly seasoned, topped with a bit of roe and shaved horseradish), served with a nice marbled toast and my wife started with the oysters. Both dishes were hits. For a main, my wife had the "open ravioli" with prawns, and I took two from the "smorgasbord" -- the chicken, mushroom and bacon terrine and the ham mousse. Tasty, but definitely not health food -- lots of cream and butter here. The room is pleasant with the sharp lines and minimalist feel of Scandinavia. Worth a try.Special Features:
- Creative and unique dishes,OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 2/15/2012Creative and unique dishes, a good variety on the menu, with a strong Scandanavian influence. Particularly impressive was a warm beet and cardamom pudding topped with mixed greens and goat cheese... Wonderfully surprising.Special Features:
- Truly Wonderful resturantHusker69VIPDined on 2/14/2012Trillium was truly wonderful. The food was off the chart and the service from the moment we walked in the door was perfect we will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- breezyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2012Very good food. do not let them sit you by the door as the breeze blasted us every time the door opened. less than enjoyable.
- This was our first time atBirthdayrevelersVIPDined on 2/14/2012This was our first time at Trillium and we were most impressed! The food was delicious and unique, and we will definitely be back. A great place to celebrate Valentine's day!Special Features:
- Found Trillium while lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Found Trillium while looking for a Valentine's day outing. I was intrigued by the name since we have a summer place in MI & Trillium is the State Flower. There is in fact a MI connection with several of the folks there coming from MI including Mike, our waiter. I liked their menu (although it was not available due to the Prix Fixe Valentine's Menu) so booked a table. The table was waiting. The service was attentive, friendly & Mike was knowledgeable & helpful with suggestions. We will definitely go back to explore their regular menu which seems to have a number of intruiging dishes. I should point out that some recent newspaper reviews seem to tout it's scandanavian theme but found the food to be very interesting & not at all heavy.Special Features:
- Trillium . . . A wonderful new gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2012We had a most fabulous evening on Valentine's Day. Staff were amazing; we talked to many of them. Food was incredible. Wine pairings were perfect. I had heard great things and had high expectations, but they went well past them. Now we're spreading the word, lining up family & friends to go and see for themselves.Special Features:
- We went to Trillium for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012We went to Trillium for our valentines dinner before a play and were generally unimpressed with the food. I had the tenderloin and she had the trout. Both were mediocre at best comparative to other foodie hot spots in denver. The price was too high for the quality of food and service. I had as well let the waiter know that we were in a bit of a time crunch do to the play we were attending. Towards the end of our entree we let the waiter know we were going to have to skip the dessert however the waiter said that he would box it up so we could take it with us. We placed our dessert order at 7pm and waited until 7:15 and didn't see our waiter again nor did we get our desserts that regardless we had to pay for due to the price fix menu.
- Exceptional variety and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2012Exceptional variety and quality with creative items and parings. This is now on my list of a great place for all occasions. Chef Ryan's creations are fine dining and right portion sizes. It' a great restaurant that makes everything, including the deserts on site.
- My initial reservation wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2012My initial reservation was very easy to make via the internet. However, when I tried to change the number of guests to the initial request adding 4 additional , the computer said there were no vacancies for 2 1/2 hours either side of 6pm. Was going to cancel the entire reservation due to inability to accommodate the number....until I called the restaurant only to find there was plenty of room. This computer glitch will be a ruin of the restaurant if not corrected. There were a lot of empty tables, so I hope others were not turned away.Special Features:
- Beautiful space. We heardOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2012Beautiful space. We heard great things and were excited. The manager waited on us for the first half of the time, and then a server arrived once food was down - she just dropped the ball. It was disappointing because it was a birthday occasion, and while others around us appeared to be enjoying the food and receiving good service, we were kind of left out unless the manager (she was great) made an effort. Will try again but likely only for drinks until we are convinced to drop some significant coin.Special Features:
- Soon to be best in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/13/2012Trillium is one of the best meals we have had in Denver. The steelhead trout was exceptional and the small plates were excellent.Special Features:
- I love the open clean feelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2012I love the open clean feel of this place - big windows, no fussy art or decor. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The tater tots with Hollandaise was yummy and unique. We both loved the whitefish - best in town! We normally get a chocolate dessert and were pleasantly surprise with the lemon buttermilk pudding with lingonberry sauce. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable.Love the "Riesling of the Month" concept and choice for $4! Top it off with a chef from Michigan featuring regional favorites that are hard to get in Denver!Special Features:
- The food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2012The food was excellent. Portion size was nice - not too much, but not too little. The bread is fantastic! Enjoyed the duck with mushroom spaetzle, one of my companions had the cauliflower soup and the dried tenderloin appetizer and really enjoyed that. Service was great. Nice atmosphere with a great bar area. Give this one a try!Special Features:
- delicious foodPhlucpDined on 12/31/2011We went to Trillium to celebrate New Year's Eve. Our food was delicious. Our waitress was super. We have an easy walk to the restaurant, and it's a real plus for the neighborhood, but also worth a drive. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Go HereFatDaddyVIPDined on 12/23/2011The food was unique and well prepared. This chef knows how to cook and he's creative. The service was very good as well. This is a great addition to the Denver dining scene.Special Features:
- Thought the menu was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2011Thought the menu was very unique...everything we tasted was great. The atmosphere was perfecct for a really great dinner with friends or a romantic meal as well. Service was great and we had a wonderful time. Will definintely go back.Special Features:
- Delicious Food & Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/9/2011The food was great and the staff was amazing and the bartenders were very much into the craft cocktails scene which we all loved. The female tattooed bartender kicked off the evening at Trillium with a bang. She was so enthusiastic about her creations and we enjoyed everything from the whiskey cocktail she made me to the Trillium branded one. Had a nice dinner with a group of people with a variety of diets and tastes. The waiter and chef even did a great job accommodating me the sole vegetarian in the group. We tried everything from the small plates to bottles of wine. My custom off the menu dinner was a delicious brussel spout artisan dish that was delicious. My meat eating friends said it was a fish focused menu that they all loSpecial Features:
- Food was fantastic! Wine pairingsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/6/2011Food was fantastic! Wine pairings were spot on. Will go back soon I hopeSpecial Features: