730 Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiorellosinwestchester.com/
- Phone: 6104308941
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Daniele Fiorello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Come join us every other Thursday for Sinatra night, or Elvis night, or Italian night, or Opera night!
A word from Fiorello's Cafe
Cafe Fiorello's Serves Authentic, Old-World Italian Dishes Inspired by the Best of Sicilian and Mediterranean CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiorello's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Friendly and FillingLynnDined on 1/17/2014Food is very good and portions are large. Friendly good service. Big menu with good prices. Pleasant night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion dinnerpurplepeppyDined on 1/11/2014This was a celebration of my husband's 60th birthday. We enjoyed it very much. The food was very good, and the service was excellent. My son has dined in this restaurant many times, since he used to live close to it. He gave us a gift card for Christmas and we were very pleased with everything. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. We will definitely dine at this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBirdDined on 1/9/2014Waiter was not helpful whatsoever. Took drink orders and never offered a refill. One of our group of 10 wanted a menu and he finally gave him one but took his order last. Not a friendly atmosphere at all. We won't be back
- Good times at Fiorello'sJoyceDined on 1/5/2014We had another wonderful dinner at Fiorello's Café. Our dinner was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceNYE2014Dined on 12/31/2013Hi, we had the worst service on NYE. I understand this is a very busy Night to go out but the waiter treated is with no respect. He took a half hour to come to table to take our order. Didn't ask if we wanted more drinks ( glasses were empty) Had to ask him for bread when one salad came. Bus boy was so helpful and nice. I had to tell him What I wanted for dessert. He made us feel not welcomed and rude to us. My date asked him if everything was ok? He said yes. We felt like he wanted to leave Since it was getting closer to the midnight hour for the new year. I saw the owner when I left and almost said something but decided not to ruin anyone's evening. They had a fixed menu that was way over priced. $34 for chicken parm? Sincerely, Steph P.Special Features:
- My family was visiting forHadleyDined on 12/27/2013My family was visiting for the holidays- we were looking for a local place to relax and enjoy a brick oven pizza and a beer. We made reservations for 10, the table was ready when we arrived but we were smashed in a corner, the backs of our chairs touched either the wall or the person behind us, we had to pass drinks and food down to the end of the table since the waiter could not reach. Service was barely adequate, salads still on the table when our food arrived, we had to hand our empty beer bottles to the waiter to be sure he took them away, luckily we didn't want a third since he did not come back until he brought the check. The pizza was good but nothing special-several came out with the wrong toppings. Probably wouldn't return.
- Fresh, Authentic Italian FoodSingersDined on 12/17/2013We arrived at Fiorello's with a group of 13 and we were seated promptly. The service was great and food was hot and delicious. We did wait a bit for our food, but we chalked that up to being a large group. But during the wait, we enjoyed copious bread and beverages and a beautiful and festive atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent Local CuisineBEACHDined on 12/6/2013We made a reservation, based on others' reviews and were not disappointed. The service was excellent, even though there was a group of about 25 in for a holiday party. Our food was perfectly prepared, and most pleasantly, there is gluten free pasta. My husband has celiac's, and the waitress ensured him that all his food would be gluten free and it was. He was thrilled with eating out without worry about his menu selection. Fish was good, a special eggplant appetizer prepared by the chef was an added bonus, all the pasta dishes were scrumptious. This restaurant will be added to our regular stops.Special Features:
- The server we had this pastsocialistDined on 12/1/2013The server we had this past Sunday is the same as we have had in the past. He has made mistakes in the order this visit as he as in the past and either brings the wrong dish or totally forgets to bring something. My husband ordered soup and he never received it. We were not charged but he did order soup.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/15/2013We arrived at 7:15 and did not receive our entree until 8:45. Unusual but worth noting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough seatingMeggDined on 11/2/2013We had a reservation and arrived early. We waited to be seated in a small foyer area with about 12-15 other people . We were crammed in. We were then seated at a table that was separated from the next table by no more than 2 inches! Moments after we took our seat in this very loud, hectic restaurant, another couple was seated at that table next to us. We got up and left.
- Love Fiorello'sFanwitDined on 10/19/2013If you are wondering whether or not to try this place ...YES! Great food and friendly atmosphere! The stuffed mushrooms are delicious! Never had a bad entree. Serafino's salad dressing is perfect! The lobster ravioli is heavenly and there are always tempting specials. I honestly can't think of a bad thing to say. You will want to return often. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone enjoyed their mealvictoriaDined on 10/5/2013Everyone enjoyed their meal but me. I ordered the clams in with a aioli sauce but it was incredibly salty. The service was slow but pleasant. It was Saturday night so it was very crowded. We will go back.Special Features:
- food was delicious!!pammieDined on 9/19/2013Very accomodating, the food was great. Moderately priced, this place is is a gem and easily found with good parking. However, the waiter had a bad attitude when we asked for refill of the delicious bread. We will definitely return, but I hope we don't get the same waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MealAnnieDined on 9/14/2013We had a pretty big group - 9 people and 4 were children. Every single person in our group left full and happy. Absolutely every morsel of food that was brought to our table was some of the best Italian food I've ever had. My 4-year-old picky eater declared the brick oven pizza to be "Yum!" and everyone else felt the same about their meal. The best thing there? The tomato-bread cut like a pizza they bring to your table at the beginning of the meal. I could have made a meal out of that alone. Just outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing authentic food!!!SoupDined on 9/12/2013Had a team outing here and everybody raved about the food for days. While they don't appear to have it on their online menu, they have a lunch buffet that they offer Wed, Thurs, and Fridays. Everything in the buffet is delicious. And if you aren't up for the buffet, my co-worker bought a sausage and pepper sandwich. He couldn't stop saying how good it was. And it was huge - enough for lunch and dinner. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodHappyTravelsVIPDined on 9/10/2013Love this place... Great food, friendly staff... We love Holly...go here for great lunch buffet or a delicious dinner...Special Features:
- A surprise problemJimboDined on 9/7/2013The first time we went to Fiorello's we thought it was a great place for dinner. We recently went back with friends and had a different experience. Whebn we walked in the door we witnessed an unhappy customer concerning the price of his takeout order. Then the Owner (?) appeared uunhappy and seated us. His demeanor was one of aggitation. Next our waitress did not appear very happy. At one point, she had words with the owner(?) right in front of us. They both appeared unhappy. I did not know what the problem was. It just appeared so different from the first time we went there. We will try it one more time with the hope the air is less thick with contention. Over all I like the rersturant and I hope the situation was a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is greatKevinDined on 9/4/2013We take our clients here after meetings and have always had a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2013Very good to excellent dishes. A small, crowded, busy restaurant with a nice vibe. Friendly service. Overall, a very enjoyable evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemHappyTravelsVIPDined on 8/27/2013Great spot for good food. Friendly staff... We go quite often and love it. Food is always good and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is AmazingIceIceBabyVIPDined on 8/24/2013This little place is a diamond - excellent food and service. The Shrimp and Crab pasta was so increcibly good - although one of the most expensive menu items - it is well worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the special of the dayProf66Dined on 8/21/2013The Branzino, a Mediterranean sea bass, was excellent. The waiter skillfully deboned the fish on a table-side platter and added oil and capers, which created a very tasty sauce. Additionally, the side of broccoli rabe was cooked to perfection. The meal was completed with a delicious tiramisu. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Loved the settingJudy3Dined on 8/20/2013A charming little Italian place with artifacts from Italy. Gelato for dessert! Pasta of the day was sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2013Always consistently good food. Great service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Family owned and they aimpickypatronVIPDined on 8/10/2013Family owned and they aim to please. Food was excellant and wide variety to choose from. This was our third visit and intend to bring friends back with us because of the extensive menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ezperienceWestGoshenEdVIPDined on 8/9/2013We get to Fiorello's every few weeks and always have a great mealSpecial Features:
- Lovely find...RockStarBeekeeperDined on 8/8/2013Found Fiorello's while in town for a beekeeping conference at WCU. When we went looking for Italian food, this lovely place came up. The veal piccata was awesome and the chicken al limone was very tasty. The selection of wines available by the glass was a bit limited, especially after the tease of all the lovely Italian wines available by the bottle. Try it, you won't be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Nice, Service Not So NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2013This restaurant has delicious food! I have never been disappointed with any of the dishes I have tried - and I have tried quite a variety. The portions are quite ample, as well, and I typically need a take-out container (which means that I can revisit the cuisine later). The service is adequate . . . but on my most recent visit the server never once checked back with our table to see if the food was prepared correctly and whether anyone needed water/tea refills. This was a concern because our lunch was a late one (1 p.m.), so the place was relatively empty. So, the server was definitely not busy - but also not interested in our experience. The prices for the food are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!jngarreDined on 8/4/2013The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was great. Food is delicious and fresh. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2013Had a great birthday dinner on a recent Saturday night. Server was fantastic - friendly, efficient, went out of her way to help us with some gluten-free options. From the langostine special to the chicken picante and veal marsala, the meal was terrific. We'll be coming back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2013This is one of our "go to" restaurants however this night we were disappointed. We brought our parents for the first time and was expecting a nice dinner. Dad had veal parm and couldn't eat it... Mom said shells were ok, hubby and I had a special that we did not enjoy. We will go back and hope we will experience what we know of Fiorello's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of 9 and hadpcje4VIPDined on 7/12/2013We had a group of 9 and had a wonderful experience. Food was excellent and so was the service. It is our go to place when we want good food close to home.Special Features:
- Great lunch buffettbubbabooDined on 7/10/2013Great little Italian restaurant with an amazing lunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceWestGoshenEdVIPDined on 7/6/2013We have eaten here a number of times. We had visitors from Lancaster, who we took to Fiore;;o's before, and they insisted we go there again. Everyone enjoyed the meal. Our server, was super.Special Features:
- Italian gempickypatronVIPDined on 6/29/2013Very nice restaurant away from the hustle and bustle of the town of west chester. Bonus points for this gem is the parking lot. Food was excellent and service was first class. A definite repeat visit will be scheduled.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/24/2013We haven't been for sometime and we were really happy with the food and service when we returned!! Everything rated great and the bread was to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requested this reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013Requested this reservation an hour before going and was seated immediately. Was surprised however that we were seated at a very small table in what used to be the entrance of the old pizza hut, the restaurants former owner. Also in the small space was another couple and the restaurant on coming and leaving was not fully occupied. You wonder whether they would not want to make a better impression on a first time patron. Anyway, the food was good and the service fast and courteous, the expense on the high side of $$. My husband was annoyed that the bill included recommendations for how much to tip on our bill based on 18% or 20% tip. He felt that to be very presumptuous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodMarybethDined on 6/14/2013We enjoy Fiorello's food and pleasant staff. We were surprised to see the line for take-out, but then realized how great an opportunity it was for locals! Nice place which we recommend and to which we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter seemed distracted andsocialistDined on 6/9/2013waiter seemed distracted and brought a wrong dish that really upset my husband. It was fish and he does not each fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.