730 Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fiorellosinwestchester.com/
- Phone: 6104308941
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Daniele Fiorello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Come join us every other Thursday for Sinatra night, or Elvis night, or Italian night, or Opera night!
A word from Fiorello's Cafe
Cafe Fiorello's Serves Authentic, Old-World Italian Dishes Inspired by the Best of Sicilian and Mediterranean CuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fiorello's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good Italian FoodBigguyVIPDined on 6/22/2014The meal starts off with nice bread and pizza strips and then it descends to the main course which seems like it is mass produced.Special Features:
- AuthenticFrequentMeatballerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Authentic Italian restaurant. Food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian ThrowbackOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2014Small trattoria style restaurant in the heart of West Chester. Great family place with good food. Service and food delivery can be a bit slow during busy times but the wait is worth it. European style.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2014The service was outstanding---both waiters who waited on us made every effort to make us feel special and meet our needs.Special Features:
- Quality of food was very goodlisiwcDined on 6/15/2014We went as a large group (7) and the overall experience was good. Everyone was pleased with their food, except one person whose calzone was seriously burned on the bottom. I wasn't crazy about the lasagna either, but the pizza, tortellini bolgonese, pork special, and salmon were outstanding. Staff was nice, but it would help to write orders down so things don't get forgotten, like soups and apps. I definitely recommend this place for others to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthwhile ItalianRagtymVIPDined on 6/7/2014First time dining here - we enjoyed our food. One of the dishes we ordered was spaghetti and meatballs - our take on good Italian food is if a simple dish like that tastes great - and it did. Passed the basic Italian food test! Calamari was tender and excellent - would we dine again? Definitely ... Recommend others to do the same.Special Features:
- Great food!swatgirl23Dined on 5/31/2014Our meal was amazing! The only thing was that the restaurant was SUPER LOUD! We could barely hear each other talking and had to shout to compete over all the noise! The tables were also very close together, so maybe there were too many people for the size of the restaurant...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 217 reviews are from the Fiorello's Cafe reviews archive.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/22/2014Great local Italian Restaurant with everything from pizza to Branzino. Four of us dined early and the restaurant was very busy. Had the branzino, veal parm (fantastic), a pizza, and pasta with shrimp and scallops. Every one was delicious in its own way. Had a special artichoke appetizer and a small salad each. Nice house wines. Service was more elegant than you might expect from a neighborhood restaurant, with the branzino fileted at the table and very attentive service. Very nice atmosphere, has a Mediterranean feel. This restaurant seems to be getting better through the years.Special Features:
- Food is always consistentProf66Dined on 5/13/2014Had a very nice meal as usual, which is why my friends and I choose to eat at this local Italian restaurant. The only drawback is the noise level, which was deafening and created by far too many large tables in the adjacent area. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's dayaccent70Dined on 5/11/2014The meal was excellent. Service could've been faster,wasn't that crowded at the time. WHAT BOTHERED US was they handed us regular menu & before we could look at it, it was changed to a double sided one sheet Mother's day menu & prices. :(
- Fantastic RestaurantdiningwellDined on 5/10/2014I had a party of 11 for my graduation lunch. This was our first time eating here. The food was delicious and came in large portion. You will definitely have leftovers. The restaurant is very intimate and has a warm atmosphere. Our waitress, I think her name was Holly, was pure delight. She was very attentive , funny, and super sweet. I would definitely come back to this authentic Italian cafe.Special Features:
- Great EatingLouLouDined on 5/8/2014I travel a great deal and have the opportunity to eat at some excellent restaurants. Fiorello's Cafe is one of those restaurants that I will happily return to when the opportunity presents itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family party of 6MagisterDined on 5/3/2014Lunchtime Satuday at Fiorello's was perfect for 6 of us to enjoy authentic Italian dishes and have a fairly quiet atmosphere for conversation. Our server was excellent, attentive, very friendly...helped us over our fumbled Italian pronunciations, and showed a good sense of humor. We all got a different item from the lunch menu (portions only a little smaller than on the dinner menu), and they were so delicious that we couldn't help but clean our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodMS17Dined on 4/28/2014The food is excellent but it can be noisy when crowded.Special Features:
- Food was excellent! We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2014Food was excellent! We went on a Monday with a group of 5 and it was crowded. Service was a little slow but very friendly and competent. The pizza ala Fiorello, clams posillipo, osso buco, and fried calamari were particularly good. A little complicated to get there due to their location between Paoli Pike and Route 3 but well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is nice when quietjessDined on 3/28/2014This place is nice when quiet but they attempt to use ever square inch of space when busy...hot and noisy!Special Features:
- Great place for dinner!BillyboyDined on 3/28/2014I have been going there ever since I moved to West Chester PA. Family owned and operated.Special Features:
- YummyHungrygirlVIPDined on 3/20/2014Anytime I am near Fiorello's and it is remotely close to a meal time, I eat there. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, the rest......notbearded1derDined on 3/14/2014Let me start by saying the food was great. The rest not so much. The tables were packed in so tight you were literally sitting on top of other people. It was impossible to hold a conversation with my girlfriend because the other tables that we were on too of were so loud. The wait staff was rude. I would recommend this place for take out only. Don't waste your time going there to sit down and eat.
- Good food and service - a bit noisyLikesToDineDined on 3/8/2014First visit to Fiorello's. Parking was very tight, but not much they can do about that. The dining room was very busy and people were constantly coming in for takeout, which we took as good signs. Our server and busboy were attentive and helpful. The food was very good - worth the price, I think. The only detraction was the noise level. We didn't have to shout across our small table, but if you spoke to the person beside you, those across the table couldn't hear you. The food and service made it worthwhile, though. I expect we'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian loves ItalianItalianaDined on 3/6/2014First visit- Opted for lunch buffet which included a wonderful salmon with olives, and eggplant better than Grandmother's (and that is saying something- it's a first). Terrific cappucino! Our waiter was attentive but unintrusive. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy on Saturday nights!EsjfromwcDined on 3/1/2014Very busy on Saturday nights! Had a reservation and still had to wait a half hour until our table was ready. Had an excellent meal once we got seated. Kitchen must have been very busy because it took a long time for food to arrive. We were not in a hurry so that didn't matter to us. Will go back on a week night, because the food was very good.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodItalyGuyDined on 3/1/2014Very sized portions I could not even finish it. I had the Rigatoni Mari and Monti my g/f had Vitello Marsala. Both dinners tasted great. The service was very good fresh bread great atmosphere. price for the meals I felt were good. I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great food!DNKOKVIPDined on 2/27/2014The food is great. I am never disappointed. Fresh, flavorful and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to beOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014The place was packed. We had reservations and still had to wait a half hour. Wait staff was good. Pizza was great! The anti pasta was good. The fish was good but a little fishy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...DisappointedDined on 2/21/2014I really enjoy all the food here. The specials are always fresh and delicious while the classics remain awesome. But I always feel like I am bothering the waiter when I am there. I want my waiter to make me fell like I could sit there all night eating. Instead, I always feel like they just want me to order and get out.Special Features:
- Fiorello's on a Sunday NightBillDined on 2/16/2014Good Italian food with a great variety on the menu. Reasonably priced meals. We will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Italian DiningMariaDined on 2/15/2014Love the staff, very friendly. The food is exceptionally good and this is my third time back and just love it every time. The decor in the place is so rustic but romantic and not too dark but perfectly lit. The tables are close but I like that about a neighborhood restaurant. Will be returning again and again. The food is like my mamma's old world Italian, I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet for lunch!LinLasDined on 2/15/2014We had a family meeting with friends from Delaware - we live near Allentown. Fiorello's had a great menu and food was very good. Entrees seemed to take a little long to serve, but could be because some of us had a first course. It was worth the wait. I had fettucini primavera - very good as was the chicken barley soup. Tasted fresh and homemade. My husband had sausage and pepper sandwich which he loved. Our friends enjoyed their lunch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DelightEricDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful first time experience at Fiorello's in West Chester. Parking lot was packed but w/ our reservation, we were seated immediately. The table was nice and the food was excellent. The service was stellar given the large Valentine's Day crowd. The overall experience was tremendous; we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food with lotsJillDined on 2/14/2014Good Italian food with lots of locals and attentive service. Somewhat noisy ambience but it was very crowded for valentines day and the wait staff managed serving and questions very graciously. Wine selection was good but not exotic. Nice Chiantis to go with selections were all served quickly and were delicious. Risotto was creamy, all dishes attractively plated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the specialsLarryVIPDined on 2/9/2014I failed to ask the cost of specials. Average menu prices low $20's. Our "Specials" for which no price was offer by the waitress were $30 and $38. In my opinion this was not a reasonable price.
- Service LacksBirthdayBoyDined on 2/8/2014Server - older gentleman. He took a long time to greet table and take drink order. When I asked about the specials - he was difficult to understand him(too fast). He never came to ask how the meal was, matter of fact, he returned to the table when our meals where complete. He did give the birthday boy a dessert and sing- which was very nice. Food - The plate presentation was horrible. Plates were cold and meal was luke warm. I ordered chicken marsala- tasted good - but looked very unappealing. Conplementary bread was good. Salads were good. Ambience - quiant, Italian restaurant. Lighting was good, it wasn't too loud. But tables are very close.Special Features:
- Very good food, very small placePizzaorpastaDined on 2/7/2014At Fiorello's Café, it's all about the food. And that's because the space is so very cramped, it impacts the service. For example, the wonderful Italian waiter is in the aisle filleting a fish for several minutes, which means the young man serving the bread and water is blocked from accessing your table the entire time. You can have too many tables at a restaurant, and Fiorello’s Café has at least one too many. But the food is very good to excellent, so we generally come later when it is less crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service was notfoodDined on 2/7/2014The food was very good and came out in just the right amount of time. Our waiter was not very attentive and did not make us feel welcome. I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Long waitDisappointedbywaitDined on 2/1/2014We arrived to a large crowd at the door & could barely step inside. We waited about an hour past our reservation time to be seated. Other parties did as well. We were not offered a drink during our wait - others who arrived earlier were. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- We had a great time for mygecIIIDined on 1/26/2014We had a great time for my wife's birthday, along with daughters and grandaughters. Katarina was an excellent waitress.Special Features:
- Fiorello's Cafe ReviewLuvGoingOutToEatDined on 1/25/2014The food was delicious but not vey hot when it was served. The bread basket is pleasantly unusual - contains pizza slices with the bread. The service was slow but it was a busy Saturday night. The noise level was very loud. It had just snowed that day and the parking lot wasn't very well cleared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visit after many yearsCourtDined on 1/24/2014Have not been to Fiorello's since our son attended WCU, but our memories of great meals in the past was only enhanced by our recent visit. Went on a fairly busy Friday night, so maybe our meals came out of the kitchen little slow, but the wait was worth it. The brick oven Fruitti De Mare pizza is incredible! Clams and mussels in the shell right on the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceEatFreakDined on 1/23/2014Overall, I had a good experience. The food was delicious. I ordered one of their brick oven pizzas but the wait service left something to be desired....privacy. The waiter continued to interrupt conversation for unnecessary questions. At first I thought he was just being attentive until he concluded our meal by delivering the check. It was not apparent that we were finished eatting or drinking but yet the bill was provided to us shorty before 8pm. He continued to stalk the table and even stopped by AGAIN to say thank you and have good night. I felt like I was being pushed out the door. With only one other patron in the restaurant, it was uncalled for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.