Stone Park Cafe
324 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Stone Park Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneparkcafe.com/
- Phone: 7183690082
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joshua Grinker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Aldo Rainoldi 'Meet the Winemaker' Dinner on Tuesday, November 8 We are excited to continue our wine dinner series with Aldo Rainoldi; from 6 to 9 pm on Tuesday, November 8, he'll be on hand to talk to us about the wines he makes in Italy's Valtellina. Please join us to taste four different wines, all made from the Nebbiolo grape. Chef Josh Grinker will prepare a special Market Menu for $40; the wines will be available by the glass or half glass, or in a flight of four ($45/$24). For more information please visit our website.
A word from Stone Park Cafe
A contemporary American restaurant nestled in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn, Stone Park Cafe is at the forefront of New York's neighborhood dining trend, focusing on fresh, seasonal ingredients served in a comfortable yet polished dining room. To complement the market-driven menu, the restaurant offers an international selection of over 200 wines. Open for lunch, dinner & weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Stone Park Cafe - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Stone Park Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (30)special occasion (27)romantic (23)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (15)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Worth a VisitBKLYN7Dined on 5/13/2014My wife & I have dined at Stone Park Cafe a number of times over the past 2 years. The service is always great and the prices are reasonable. This time my wife ordered off the Daily Market Menu (Cod) and I had the Leg of Lamb. Both meals were tasty and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, again!Jay23Dined on 5/7/2014Every visit to SPC is excellent. The staff is exceptionally courteous and accommodating and the food is always excellent. It is my first choice for lunch, and dinner is just as great! Very well done!Special Features:
- Visiting BrooklynSherryDined on 4/26/2014My husband, son, and I had dinner at the Stone Park Cafe and thought it was outstanding except for the noise level. It was early evening so there were quite a few kids dining with their parents. We really don't mind this at all but the overall noise was exceptionally loud. The food and service were outstanding and we would definitely go back the next time we're in Brooklyn.Special Features:
- Lunch treasurePerfectpasta53Dined on 4/23/2014I recently had a wonderful lunch at an unfussy yet seasoned cafe . It was such a pleasant experience where you felt like you were in such good hands. I usually don't order pasta because my husband makes it at home but I could resist their Swiss chard raviolini. It was amazing! Our server was invisible but nurturing and professional . I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab, Fresh & FlavorfulFaboverfiftycomDined on 4/19/2014Recommendations: shaved Brussels Sprout salad, grilled octopus, onion rings, any homemade pasta! Good service, relaxed atmosphere, not too noisy. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Stone Park CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014From date nights to after work beers, to dinner with the family including children. Great staff, great beer, wine and cocktail selection and great food. We try to go Sun to Thurs night when the prix fixe market menu is on as it is always excellent. But brunch is great too. And the scallop and bone marrow tacos are sublime!Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday SupperNYCdiningVIPDined on 4/13/2014We enjoyed an early Sunday dinner on a gorgeous spring day, close to the outdoor seating...perfect spot. The food was delicious. We shared 2 salads...shaved brussel sprouts and kale...both were wonderful. We also had 2 half portion pastas...cavaletini (sp?) and raviolitini (sp?)...so delicious! I'd definitely recommend this restaurant and I will return.Special Features:
- Excellent, again!Jay23Dined on 4/11/2014The food, service and ambience were excellent, as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/29/2014Well executed, creative menu; knowledgable, friendly service.Special Features:
- Sumptuous mealJOanielbDined on 3/26/2014A real gem in Park Slope. Our party of four each enjoyed a marvelous meal. The service was attentive and quite personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ingredients prepared nicelyDiningaboutDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I don't venture to Brooklyn often, but were very happy with our dinner here. I had the frisée salad with poached egg and hubs had a stuffed rabbit loin appetizer that was a special. Both were very good. I had the cracked pepper pappardelle with rabbit for my entree which was very nice. Our server was very helpful and we very much enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Meal to Celebratemom2diVIPDined on 3/9/2014Our food was superb, from the kale salad to the short rib slider, from the skate to the pork chop. The truffle mashed potatoes were heavenly. The wine selection was vast and contained a wonderful array of bottles in all prices. Our "new favorite restaurant." We will be back, and introduce it to others.Special Features:
- Our server was fabulous. AppetizersSchmoopeyVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our server was fabulous. Appetizers and salad excellent! While our main course was good, the fish had a freezer-burn after taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Meal at Stone Park CafeCateandDaveVIPDined on 3/1/2014We really enjoyed our food and wine at the Stone Park Cafe. Everything was extremely well done, the service was attentive and timely. it was just how you would want your fine dining experiences to always be. Nothing was over the top, nothing was lacking, it was just a straight forward excellent meal. We don't go out often so when we do we try to make it count and this time it certainly did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth A Stop.steveDined on 3/1/2014Great food and service.... Butternut Squash Soup / Rack of Lamb / Fried Oysters with Bok Choy and Cauliflower Cream sauce / Pasta with Rabbit in a light sauce with carrots and peas. Enjoyed! Enjoyed!Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantjudyDined on 2/28/2014It has been several years since I was last at Stone Park bit will now be a regular stop.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceLRoyGDined on 2/28/2014Though I would have wanted a few more choices, me and my two companions had a leisurely, friendly dinner - no pressure even after hanging at our prime table for 2 hours and the crowd was building at the bar. So accommodating, so neighborly, but still elegant in ambience and preparation, ingredients.Special Features:
- Will ReturnFoodFileDined on 2/12/2014I have only been here once so far. The food and the service surpassed my expectations. Would definitely recommend Stone Park to friends. None of the food disappointed. The scallop and marrow tacos were unbelievable, the shaved brussel sprout salad exceeded expectations, my lamb chops were cooked to absolute perfection, and my girlfriend's pasta was some of the best I have had in a long time. Somehow Stone Park dodged the bullet that unfortunately plagues a majority of the Brooklyn New American restaurants: having cool sounding menu items that should be good but are executed terribly. One of my favorite restaurants I have tried in Park Slope so far. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to the Stone ParkJay23Dined on 1/29/2014I have been to the Stone Park Cafe several times and have always found it to be one of the very best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotbabyshark31Dined on 1/26/2014I had eaten here many times for brunch (which is great), but this was my first dinner experience. Like brunch, the service is great and the food is incredible. It had been my favorite spot in the neighborhood for brunch and now it's my favorite place for dinner as well. It was just a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden value!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2014The garden menu with fresh seasonal foods is 3 courses for $35- amazing value for delicious food. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood favoriteTG4thaveDined on 1/11/2014nearly impossible to get in for brunch, but can almost always get a table for two for dinner on a busy night, when the food is even better. Really delicious food. The specials are always great. highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good, slightly noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014Excellent food, wine, service. But do they really need canned rock music on the stereo? It raises the noise level (which is still tolerable, but barely) and doesn't really add anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Wine List,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/30/2013Great Food, Great Wine List, Great Service, this place never is never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Sophisticated Slope VenueDaveDined on 12/28/2013Very engaging and pretty restaurant with an active bar scene. Service was attentive and wine steward very helpful with a moderate size, yet interesting wine list. Food was well prepared, with the exception of chicken a bit on the dry side. Dishes were generous and well constructed, especially the Pork Chop and Cod, both terrifically turned out. Desserts were also terrific, the ice cream was delicious and they remembered the special occasion which was terrific; all in all, a very nice choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/27/2013great food, great service. we had a 7pm reservation for 4. arrived on time and stayed for 4 hours without being nudged to leave. we enjoyed a night out with friends. it was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2013We frequent this establishment for every special occasion. Whether it be an anniversary, a birthday, or just a good week. Great place to dine. Pre-fix is always excellent and the specialty drink list is always a hit. Another successful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEmeryDined on 12/14/2013Everything was delicious and I am always thrilled with the menu!Special Features:
- Not too shabbyFoodieDined on 12/7/2013Service on food was slower than expected. But waiter was great and food was pretty good. Ordered steak and steak was cooked ok. I really enjoyed the scallops and bone marrow tacos. Yum. Pastas were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There will be a "next time".OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2013Good spot for any occassion. I was not particularly pleased with my Farm-to-Table choice. I have had more imaginative roast duck and squash elsewhere. The pasta was too laden with oil. Wine was great and the bread fantastic . ( A restaurant that cares about bread is a real plus!) This was my first time. Next time I will order from the regular menu.The service was good although I felt there were too many staff moving about whereas they ought to have been less conspicuous. The restaurant atmosphere is lively and gives the appearance of being a favorite neighborood spot.
- As always a wonderful wellginnygDined on 12/1/2013As always a wonderful well executed menu served by an attentive staff.Special Features:
- A true neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2013Everytime we come here, we always liked the food and service. It's not a great restaurant but the food is decent enough to leave without complaint. Service is always on par, not too overwhelming. Leaving the restaurant for about $40 per person tax & tips included with 2 shared appetizers, 4 entrees and 2 desserts is a steal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/20135 of us had dinner on a Friday night. The dishes were delicious, fresh and clever combinations. We felt comfortable there with an older couple and our daughter. We were given special attention: they brought us extra side dishes as a gift from the chef and brought us two extra desserts to try, as well, that were scrumptious! I'd highly recommend Stone Park Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably great!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/21/2013Stone Park is often our choice when taking out friends, family or clients. And it's never failed us. The food is reliably delightful, the service is personable, and the wine list is smartly organized, being easy to navigate even if one is not a die-hard connoisseur. And we've always felt that we got our money's worth, which is a welcome break from the inflation and self-aggrandizement that seems to have become the norm across brownstone Brooklyn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still One of Park Slope's BestBrookboyVIPDined on 11/19/2013It had been some time since my wife and I visited Stone Park, not sure why. On this occasion we were meeting some new friends who had suggested SPC. Have to say it was an excellent suggestion, from the ambiance to the food to the wines, terrific all-around. Our waiter was friendly and courteous, and spot on for attending to the table, all without being intrusive in any way. The courses were not only well-prepared (as always), they were well spaced. The four of us had a chance to chat and converse, enjoy the meal, and sample the excellent wines. SPC has a diverse and fairly large wine list, and we were able to select wines that met our budget and hit the spot as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will be back!IZ817VIPDined on 11/7/2013went really early and had a fast meal to get to a function by 7pm so on the early side, the place was packed with parents and small kids which isn't my scene. i'm assuming/hoping that if you have a reservation at a later time, it will be more adult friendly. they have a great sidewalk cafe which must be great when the weather is good.Special Features:
- I've been there 4 times andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2013I've been there 4 times and was not disappointed once. Food is always delicious and service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Good for Kids!FullPermissionLivingDined on 10/29/2013This is a Five Star restaurant when it comes to the food and service, but I had to take off one star for ambiance because during an otherwise sublime dining experience, some extraordinarily narcissistic Park Slopers showed up with their wailing infants and toddlers. I know that it is difficult for restaurants to prevent this, and we will definitely be back, but why must this be an issue for grown-ups paying good money for good food in an adult environment?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent wine list. VeryggccVIPDined on 10/21/2013Excellent wine list. Very gracious service. Worth trip from Manhattan.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceEyeshawDined on 10/19/2013I've eaten at Stone Park a few times. Each time the food has been outstanding and the service professional without being too stuffy. This is a casual place with great food...can be a bit noisy at times...add in the background music and conversation can be difficult. Nevertheless, I love this place and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.