3446 Waialae Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafemirohawaii.com/
- Phone: 8087342737
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Shigeru Kobayashi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cafe Miro offers off-site catering for weddings and other special gatherings. Chef Kobayashi can work with you, and design a menu that fits your budget and personal needs. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Miro has a private room available that can accommodate up to 16 people. Completely removed from the main dining room, it’s perfect for meetings/presentations, small weddings and Birthday gatherings. The main dining room can accommodate up to 70 people, and can be sectioned into smaller rooms for smaller private areas.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Kobayashi 8087342737
- Cross Street: 9th Ave.
- Public Transit: Cafe Miro is located on a major bus route. The Bus No. 1 - Hawaii Kai, Kahala Mall or Kalihi Transit Center, conveniently stops in front of the restaurant on either side of Waialae Ave.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Cafe Miro has designated guest parking located behind the building. Patrons can park in the Hawaii National Bank stalls after 5:00 pm. Additional street parking is available on Waialae and 9th Avenues.
A word from Cafe Miro
Since 1997, Cafe Miro has been considered a "hidden treasure" in the heart of Kaimuki by it’s patrons. Specializing in French/Fusion cuisine, Cafe Miro offers each guest their own choices in a three or four course menu designed by chef/owner Shigeru Kobayashi. Through mostly "word of mouth" from returning customers, Cafe Miro has established itself as a respectable, affordable, French restaurant for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Miro - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Cafe Miro reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (31)good for groups (10)notable wine list (7)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 最高！！！OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2013何時もですが従業員の教育が徹底されている感じが伝わってきます。 料理は当然のように美味しいです。 本当のホスピタリティだと思います。 ハワイの旅行の定番になりました！！！Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSan808VIPDined on 11/16/2013We had not been here for years and decided to try it again. Food and service were terrific. Small issues...bread not very good and they substituted rice pudding for creme brûlée...:(Special Features:
- a wonderful birthday dinneroccassional1Dined on 11/15/2013The spacing of the tables are just right. Great ambience! I like how the owner recycles the wine corks...great idea! The noise level was minimal. The food was delicious and they gave great service! I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Miro a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2013The food and service were both elegant. Our server and the rest of the staff were wonderful. The location is a little hard to find, and is unimpressive from the outside, Inside it's very nice, low back round music, intimate setting. It's well worth finding. My friends and I would all go back again.Special Features:
- Cafe Miro serves up a fine mealBernieVIPDined on 11/7/2013Cafe Miro has some excellent kitchen work--top notch ingredients and French technique make dining a pleasure. The cafe is strictly prix fixe, at two levels, with a 3-course at $43. Some items have supplements, but the regular priced offerings are terrrific. Cured salmon or ahi carpaccio for appetizers, chicken in a morel mushroom sauce and beef tenderloin with a choice of sauces were prepared and served to a high standard. Dessert is a tray of fine pastries. Service is perfect. The setting is a storefront, which is just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantEAikauDined on 11/3/2013It was a great choice to celebrate my girlfriend's Birthday. Thanks, Cafe Miro ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemmonzVIPDined on 11/1/2013food (rib eye steak, snapper, warm salad, oysters on a shell, etc) service (amazing, friendly and knowledgeable, perfect timing) this place is so good, quality, quantity and prices are worth every penny. you must give this place a try.Special Features:
- First visit no flukeChooChooDined on 10/13/2013This second visit was as good as the first with excellent food and service.Special Features:
- One of my favoriteshungrygirlDined on 10/12/2013Once again almost everything about our evening at Cafe Miro was memorable - food, service, and overall dining experience.Special Features:
- とてもよかったです。yuchanDined on 10/8/2013ワイキキからタクシーで20ドル（チップ含む）程度はかかりますが、駐車場もあるとのことです（店裏側）。日本語も大丈夫で、スタッフの方も日本語OKで（小林さん？）、とても丁寧に説明していただき、安心して料理の説明を聞き食事を楽しむことが出来ました。ハワイには今回で3回目でしたが、次回も来たらぜひ行きたいお店の一つになりました。お店は思ったより広くて、本格的なレストランでした。アロハと短パン、サンダルで少し入りずらかったですが、一応大丈夫でした。でも次回からはサンダルはやめた方がいいのかなと思いました。Special Features:
- French with Asian influences.dineNwhineVIPDined on 10/1/2013French with Asian influences. 4 course pre fixe. Amuse bouche of chilled pumpkin cream soup, 5 items of appetizers, seafood salad with tasty orange vinegarette and the best duck confit I've had anywhere. Ends with your choice of cheeses or medley of desserts. Extratirdinary value at $54.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughChooChooDined on 9/29/2013Did not expect to find such an excellent restaurant in this neighborhood. It wasn't crowded so I hope that it remains "undiscovered". The service was great and the food was outstanding! Even three course, Prix Fixe, was too much food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true culinary experience!KaleiDined on 9/28/2013Each dish entertained all of the senses. From the spinach, lobster, crab and shrimp turrine to the truffle soup, 6 oz filet mignon.....PHENOMINAL! The service was OUTSTANDING while the embiance could have stood a dimmer lighting and an update. Other than that I give this place five stars! A true gem on WaialaeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have received a delicious mealyossyDined on 9/25/2013I have received a meal as expected. Food is also fresh. No complain seasoning! Also, when a visit to Hawaii, I will always reserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyfamilyDined on 9/13/2013This was our second time at the resturant...and loved it just as much. Our son enjoyed and even though quiet he was surprised and thought the food was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Miro for Special OccasionsRandersDined on 9/6/2013I recommend Cafe Miro for any delightful night out, but we use it for special occasions, too -- this time was a birthday celebration. The staff was cordial, professional, and helpful. The food, as always, was delightful. Two of the things I like best are the prix fixe menu and the samplers. The appetizer sampler provided five different tastes from shrimp in aspic to an oyster escargot style. It's just fun. And the same goes for the desert sampler with tarts, ice cream, and creme brule. It just makes dinner special and entertaining. In between were wonderful entrees that included duck, chicken, and opah. I tasted all three and they were equally delicious. We had a wonderful time, and they recognized our celebration with candles and a song.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A number of recent refinementsdineNwhineVIPDined on 9/3/2013A number of recent refinements to the menu (expended dishes, new sauces, etc.) highlights Chef Kobayashi's culinary excellence. We frequent Cafe Miro and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE FOR DINNERWandaDined on 8/24/2013Great place for dinner. Especially for any special occasions. Great food, services, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Big hit with the familyYumiDined on 8/11/2013This is my 2nd experience at Miro, the 1st being almost 7 years ago & I recommended it to my dad for my stepmom's birthday since they love foie gras. They were extremely happy & the food was as good as I remembered. The staff was attentive, prompt, friendly, & knowledgable. Only concerned that the portions would be too small for my dad but after 4 courses from the appetizer tasting plate, raw oysters w/cocktail & ponzu sauce, medium rare lamb, and the dessert sampler as well as the foie gras w/truffle sauce & sharing a bottle of wine between the 3 of us, we were all VERY full. Next time, I'll just go with the 3 course & that would be perfect for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French-japaneeseKaraefetravelerDined on 8/7/2013It is bit far from Waikiki. Foods are more like French, but adapted to Japanese taste. I like French kitchen. This was also interesting and very tasty.Special Features:
- Staff was very accommodatingRandallDined on 8/3/2013Staff was very accommodating to get us in on short notice. Dark parking lot behind restaurant so there might be security concerns later at night, but we didn't have a problem. Décor is tired. Attentive and flexible wait staff. Reasonable prices. Chef makes an effort to be haute, with Asian-French fusion (e.g., kobe abalone fond de veau; fois gras with tropical fruit). A good restaurant for serious diners looking for a little cutting-edge, but could sparkle a bit more.Special Features:
- Great on a week night!DinDinDined on 8/1/2013Made a last minute reservation for Thursday, for out-of-town guests. They loved it! As always, interesting food, well informed and attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2013Cafe Miro is off the beaten path and we were told they only advertise in Japan. Place was very quiet on the Wednesday night we ate there, maybe 5 tables occupied during our stay. The menu is a bit confusing at first but the staff does a great job explaining everything and it boils down to a design your own prix fixe 3 or 4 course meal. Small wine list but all the bases are covered. Food and service were excellent. The location, decor and view is missing but the food was great and very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden TreasurediningdivaDined on 7/27/2013I've lived in the Kaimuki-Kahala area for 48 years and remember when this restaurant was a bakery. I've passed by the restaurant for years not knowing what an incredible gem this is! A friend recommended this restaurant and boy do I owe him! The food was fantastic and the service was outstanding. The quaint atmosphere belies the power of the meal and dining experience. I had the three course meal and it was just right. The waiters were very helpful and friendly. By far one of the best restaurants I've been to. I'm just afraid that people will find out about this place and I won't be able to get a table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & servicelooking4gooddiningDined on 7/26/2013Service was great from the beginning. Decor seemed outdated, but nice. Server was excellent, knew the menu well. The only thing weird was that he disappeared after serving us the appetizer. He served other tables, but never came back to ours. Another server took care of was and was just as good, so not a big deal. Chef's appetizer sampler was very delicious. Only one of the 5 samplers was so-so... the shrimp with a cauliflower puree. Hubby got the pork belly and it was very soft, with a nice crispy skin - excellent. We got the duck confit and pan fried fish (Opah) with almond brown butter. Very good. Dessert sampler: brownie, creme brulee and sorbet. Brownie was so-so, on the dry side; others were excellent. We would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Cafe MiroPakayDined on 7/25/2013Good food, great service, but kind of expensive which should be expected. Not too many locals dining on a Thursday evening, looked like they catered to the Japanese tourist. The abalone was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTION !!KISSMEDined on 7/12/2013We come here to get away from the crowds, we like to come here for our anniversary, the menu pretty simple you don't have to bust your brain on page after page deciding what to choose...OMG FOOD IS COOKED TO PERFECTION...what can I say...for me I recommend you give this place a try!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each service employee wereHinarinVIPDined on 7/7/2013Each service employee were so nice that I almost forgot that were were in Hawaii. Each dish and dessert were tasty with beautiful presentation and we love it. Thank you for your nice thougtfull offer besides regular menu to our weddning anniversary. We know you are getting to have Japanese tourists more but please do not downgrade your quality for future... We will come back again ! MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A well hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2013You would not think much of Cafe Miro from the outside, as it is situated in a typical commercial area outside of downtown. However, once inside the place is gorgeous. We were greeted as soon as we arrived, and our table was ready ahead of our reservation time. Our waiter was very prompt and provided great recommendations regarding the menu, and he happily answered all of our questions. Everyone on the staff was pleasant. I'm running out of room and haven't talked about the food, which is phenomenal. My wife had the truffle soup and a rather large salad, along with scallops. I had the sampler appetizer and then the chicken, as well as some local fish. Everything we ate was exquisite. It's a bit spendy so save it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Cafe MIRONoriNoriDined on 7/6/2013This is one of my Favorite Restaurant in OAHU. Food is excellent!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Specialp4cguyDined on 6/26/2013This occasion to surprise and celebrate with my wife and two close friends our 46th wedding anniversary. It was our first dining experience at Cafe Miro. The experience was made very special by Cafe Miro in many ways, from the complementary wine for my wife and me to the very special dessert place with "Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary" on the plate in dark chocolate script. The food was excellent both in taste and presentation. The service felt quite personal and un-rushed. This is a very special place to dine!Special Features:
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2013We always enjoy wonderful service and great goods but it was noisy because of Father's day^^;I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend with a caveatlynniegalVIPDined on 6/16/2013I've been to Cafe Miro before and really like their food and service. What I didn't like may be unrealistic on my part on a special occasion. We had a 5:30 reservation for 3 on Father's Day. Everything was fine until we came to the end of the evening and lingered over our coffee. Before 8:00, I was asked (very nicely) to leave as they had to accommodate other guests in a few minutes. On our way out, I did not see any guests waiting. There was another couple that were seated before us and were lingering, but were not asked to leave. I spent a sizable amount on dinner and drink and wanted to enjoy a little time with my parents. I hate when pricey restaurants shoo you out the door. For this reason I stopped going to Le Bistro as well.Special Features:
- Awesome!SeanDined on 6/12/2013Cafe Miro is definitely one of our favorites. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good reataurantanuenueDined on 6/11/2013I went to this restaurant my boyfriend's Birthday.Food was so delicious!and comfortable dinning room. His deserts's plate was decorating for birthday.He loved this retaurant and stuffs.It was so great his birthday. Thank you so much,Cafe Milo's stuffs.We're going to here,again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, simple decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2013Food was excellent and worth the money. Service good. Decor very simple, did not match the price of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, laid backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013We liked what it is, great food with attentive service. And we liked what it is not, pretentious, expensive or loud. We live in Hawaii, eat out upscale often, and will go back to Miro's.
- Diamond in the RoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2013This restaurant is not located in any of the usual Honolulu tourist spots. This is what makes Café Miro great. The food is wonderful, well prepared and elegantly presented. The chef's appetizer plate is a must. Service is excellent. Wine list is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013Always a wonderful evening ~ aside from the food, Jimmy is a gem!Special Features:
- Amazing food and impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013Amazing food and impeccable service. Highly recommend.Special Features: