3446 Waialae Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafemirohawaii.com/
- Phone: 8087342737
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Shigeru Kobayashi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Cafe Miro offers off-site catering for weddings and other special gatherings. Chef Kobayashi can work with you, and design a menu that fits your budget and personal needs. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Miro has a private room available that can accommodate up to 16 people. Completely removed from the main dining room, it’s perfect for meetings/presentations, small weddings and Birthday gatherings. The main dining room can accommodate up to 70 people, and can be sectioned into smaller rooms for smaller private areas.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Kobayashi 8087342737
- Cross Street: 9th Ave.
- Public Transit: Cafe Miro is located on a major bus route. The Bus No. 1 - Hawaii Kai, Kahala Mall or Kalihi Transit Center, conveniently stops in front of the restaurant on either side of Waialae Ave.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Cafe Miro has designated guest parking located behind the building. Patrons can park in the Hawaii National Bank stalls after 5:00 pm. Additional street parking is available on Waialae and 9th Avenues.
A word from Cafe Miro
Since 1997, Cafe Miro has been considered a "hidden treasure" in the heart of Kaimuki by it’s patrons. Specializing in French/Fusion cuisine, Cafe Miro offers each guest their own choices in a three or four course menu designed by chef/owner Shigeru Kobayashi. Through mostly "word of mouth" from returning customers, Cafe Miro has established itself as a respectable, affordable, French restaurant for all occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Miro - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Cafe Miro reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (29)good for groups (13)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Bravo !!! Bravo!!! Bravo!!!Jimbo9988Dined on 4/19/2014For our Anniversary dinner, I cannot ask for anything more. Food, Atmoshphere, Service, and celebration style with two glasses of complimentary champagne and two separate assorted dessert with creatively decorated with dark chocolate written "Happy Anniversary" Over the 20 + years of anniversary dinner, I've never experience such a perfect memorable evening. I will definitely return to your restaurant for special occassion. All the waiter and waitress are very nice and always on their toes.Special Features:
- Good SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/15/2014The restaurant isn't busy, but the servers make you feel right at home. Food is solid, though the fish of the day (opa) wasn't that great. The amuse bouche and chicken were actually really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about our experienceKaneohe2Dined on 4/2/2014Everything about our experience dining here was wonderful. The presentation, taste and service was outstanding. Our only regret is that we never heard about this gem before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceCphartsDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I love this place. Great food as always and the best service we have experienced on island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/25/2014The Service was Excellent. We were not rushed and was able to lounge at the bar while waiting for our party. The Servers were very polite and helpful. Our server was very knowledgeable and advised us of the the specials, what was rare - Beef Tongue. He also advised what he had eaten and what he would recommend. There was sufficient parking in back and it was very quiet, as it was a weeknight. the menu was a little confusing, left side vs. right side, and I had to ask our server to explain a few times. In the end, it was an Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedESfoodieVIPDined on 3/16/2014Our server informed me that the restaurant had been around for 17 years but Inhad never heard of it. We don't have enough places like this on Oahu as far as I'm concerned. The food was execellent and service outstanding.Special Features:
- Our Wedding Anniversarywon220184Dined on 3/13/2014We made a reservation via Foursquare - OpenTable. It was very easy and worked perfectly. When we arrived, 1 hour before our reservation, it was not a problem at all. The service was outstanding. They offered us a champagne to cheer on our anniversary and the dessert came with a chocolate decoration "happy anniversary". We really enjoyed the dinner with this good food and great service. Thank you! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMayolessDined on 3/7/2014We love Cafe Miro every time. Although there are a few other great restaurants of repute in the area, we feel the quality and consistency of the food at Miro is the best. And that's saying a lot in this neighborhood. And Japanese/French fusion...it works so well. Can't wait to go back! ...and the wait staff is superior and very helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2014Three of us went on a Wednesday night and were delighted. It was very quiet with only two other tables occupied - great for us. The Warm Seafood Medley salad was delicious - each morsel was succulent amid the greens/veggies. For the entree in the Prix Fixe menu we all ordered the fresh fish, opah, offered grilled or pan-fried with two different sauces. Both were fabulous - the fish was cooked perfectly. Finally, the dessert was just right - no decisions required because the plate arrives with small bites of several desserts. One friend chose the cheese plate instead and she loved it. Price w/bottle of wine, tax, & tip: $65 ea. The only negative: The tablecloth was plastic, not linen --this just doesn't match the level of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemluvseafoodVIPDined on 3/1/2014Cafe Miro is our 'go-to' restaurant for a delicious meal at a reasonable price, and a quietly romantic evening. The food is consistently good, and we appreciate the prix fixe menu which has an appealing variety of selections with the nice touch of an 'amuse bouche' starter. One of the desserts is like a sampler of delights and not too heavy.The staff are very nice people, and the service is unfailingly good. We always leave full and content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!LandRDined on 2/22/2014All the staff we encountered were helpful and courteous, patiently explaining the menu and the specials. If your looking to for japanese/french fusion, go to Cafe Miro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting at the kitchen barOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014Asian-influenced French restaurant that does not feel like you are necessarily in Hawaiʻi. They have a nice bar/window into the kitchen for a couple to sit at--good view of the crew working. Nice to see a student from KCC's culinary institute working here. Entrées are tasty and well presented. There is a three-course meal and a four-course prix fix menu, and you can essentially mix and match from the three onto the four (but not the other way). Nice variety! Truffle and morels on the menu during winter. Definitely a place to return to.Special Features:
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This was our first time to Cafe Miro although we've heard many good things about it before. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and plan to return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemJamesDined on 2/15/2014The exterior does not match with the class of service and culinary delights on the inside. Warning to restaurateurs, do not be fooled by the exterior, it is wonderful inside and you can't go wrong. The menus are fixed and meals are cooked to perfection. For an appetizer, the spiny lobster was an ample serving and FRESH! The lamb was cooked to perfection and very tender. The abalone, which is tricky, was spot on right along side a large succulent scallop. The waiter made our mouths water with his descriptions, and he was right. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant, especially to those who enjoy seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French-Japanese fusionKuidaoreDined on 2/13/2014Chef Kobayashi must have incredible sources for seafood-- the oysters, scallops with sea urchin sauce and abalone were so pristine and sweet you could almost eat them for dessert. I've dined there for special occasions for years now, and Cafe Miro never disappoints. This place is terrific for people with more adventurous palates-- highly conservative eaters (meat & potato folks) and vegetarians may not enjoy this place as much. The menu is prix fixe, but many substitutions are available. Everything is prepared with a precise, delicate touch to bring out the flavors of the ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for anniversary celebrationcarolynDined on 2/11/2014service couldn't be better. added touch on our dessert plate was so nice.Special Features:
- Cafe MiroTWongDined on 2/8/2014What a great find! My friend and I enjoyed the 4 course dinner. We did the samplers for the appetizers and dessert. I was just there a couple of days ago and am ready to go back. I got the lamb and it was cooked perfectly. My friend got the duck and that was also so delicious. Our waiter Ryan (I hope I remembered his name correctly) was so helpful and very attentive. The whole experience was wonderful and will highly recommend Café Miro to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert was easy!WinterinKahalaVIPDined on 2/7/2014The whole dinner was very good, but I was truly pleasantly surprised when the choice after the main course was either "desserts or cheeses". The former was a sampler of four desserts; the latter was three cheeses with raisin bread. No thinking, just have it all!Special Features:
- Ichiban!OhanaZoneDined on 1/31/2014Booked with Open Table and called to confirm. . .they did have our reservation but would have been good if they called to confirm as well. From beginning to end the service and was great--no glitches, all the waiters suggestions were spot on and we all (party of 8) decided to be adventurous and try dishes we were not familiar with and no one was disappointed with what we got. So much food we couldn't finish desert! One of the other couples had just dined at BLT at the Trump for their anniversary and said that they wished they ate at Miro instead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantsmarichocoDined on 1/31/2014I went with my father. We ate delicious food. Employee of the restaurant, was friendly and very kind. It is now in Hawaii, the good memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceHidekiDined on 1/26/2014I love the atmosphere of the dining room. Service was well-timed and friendly. We visited here with my little sons, staffs were welcomed as the same as adults. Dishes were all very nice, especially "Ahi Carpaccio" was great. The prices were affordable. I'll be back to here next visit to Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try itTrekkieDined on 1/22/2014Great service and good food. Parking either in back with a small lot or street parking. The ribeye steak with wine sauce and salmon appetizer is the best. Set menus (two prix fixe) to pick from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JRWriteDined on 1/18/2014Great food and service. Servers were friendly and food was excellent. Would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatJustAGuyDined on 1/4/2014I would classify this restaurant as good but not great. The food was, overall good, but just lacked the "wow" factor that I was hoping for. Service: polite and attentive. However, when I sat down and they found out it was our first time there, they spent an inappropriately long time explaining their menu. I was a bit offended because I felt as though they were insulting my intelligence. If I have questions, I will ask. The server was indeed quite polite and attentive. Food: I had the seafood medley salad, which I actually didn't like. The main course, I had the rib eye. The dish was good, but the sauce overpowered the entire dish. The dessert, on the other hand, was fabulous in both presentation and taste, and was a clear highlight.Special Features:
- Nice but pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2013Very nice romantic restaurant. Food was different but tasty. Overall it was kind of pricy so I would save this place for special occasions. The only bad thing about this place is the lack of parking. It is on the street near a residential area and there is no specific parking lot for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the bestBarnabejDined on 12/26/2013The chef at Cafe Miro creates fine dishes with wonderfully complex flavors. Although the choices are strictly limited, every single dish is excellent in its own way. The style is French, but turned somewhat toward the Japanese palate, and it seems the majority of diners are Japanese. Dining at Miro is a carefully crafted gustatory experience, excellent to the finest detail. It doesn't come cheap, but for what you get--some of the best food on Oahu--the price is fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special and accomodatingNelliDined on 12/18/2013Cafe Miro is our "Special occasion" restaurant. Every time we have a major event in our life we come here to celebrate. We forgot however that I developed some food allergies and we had a companion with food allergies. The chef specially made dinner for us accomodating our needs. We had awesome dinner that we all enjoyed. Really made our occasion special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant had greatlove2eatDined on 12/13/2013This restaurant had great reviews so we tried it. parking was good and the restaurant was easy to find. The food quality was excellent. it may have been ordinary dishes but the way they prepared the sauces made the dishes stand out in flavor and preparation was just right. I love the Kona abalone with scallop appetizer--a must try. Would have loved it for the main course entrée. Dessert was great as it was a medley of small desserts...all excellent except for the cheesecake...not cheesecake at all really. they should give it another title. the only other comment would be to have had a few more vegetable and starch options. Other wise a must try restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honolulu GemJohnDined on 12/1/2013This is the place to go in Honolulu if you want great food, easy parking in a up and coming neighborhood in Honolulu. The dinning hall is decorated with Miro paintings and the food is as beautiful as the art.Special Features:
- A Great TimeBestHusbandEverDined on 11/30/2013I just returned from deployment and this was the first date I had taken my wife out on in 8 months and Cafe Miro made it very special. The staff was very inviting and answered any questions we had about the menu. The food looked and tasted great. If you want a quiet night with good food this is your spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est si bon!OinkerVIPDined on 11/29/2013Cafe Miro has got to be one of Oahu's classic/traditional SECRET restaurants.The food was spectacular, meticuliously prepared and presented. The twist to this restaurant is the fusion of some Japanese products that are prepared in French techniques. Combining the two cultural flavors has kept the menu a favorite of locals and tourists. There are 2 prix fixe menus (3 or 4 courses) but a myriad of delicious selections await your tastebuds. Prix fixe menus are normally straight-forward but we found this menu a bit confusing because dish prices were posted. Wait staff is patient, unobtrusive and efficient. As a wine connoisseur, you'll love that they have appropriate glasses & not a one-size fit all.Special Features:
- Very RegrettableRMFNDined on 11/26/2013Hoping to find a special place to meet with dear friends, I read the reviews and was excited to have found such a "gem". Unfortunately, no one enjoyed more than one item out of their four courses, and we were all so disappointed. Our server was new, but his friendliness and attitude were wonderful, however our warm dishes were cool, and our fish was very over cooked and dry (even a slight burnt taste in mine). I just cannot understand the reviews. We dined on a Tuesday, but is that really an excuse? The only dishes liked: the seafood salad, truffle soup, dessert of sorbet and creme brûlée. I won't be giving it another try, and if you want a special dinner with friends, I wouldn't recommend risking it on this restaurant.
- Cafe MiroIkaika357Dined on 11/24/2013This restaurant is the definition of "neighborhood gem"! They have been at this location for ten years, but it was the first time dining there for myself and my girlfriend. Was pleasantly surprised with the food and service...exceeded my expectations. We both had the chef's four course tasting menu which was only $54! What a deal considering the quality of product that was used and how well each dish was presented. There was just too much food to write about for this menu so I'll just say that you should go and experience it for yourself. I will definitely be back. One other thing is that for a small price you can substitute anything from the tasting menu with something off the ala carte menu. Happy eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicedgfoodieDined on 11/20/2013Our Server was outstanding and made every effort to make our celebration enjoyable. He know all of the dishes and was able to assist in making recommendations to those people who were first timers at your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitently the best FrenchdineNwhineVIPDined on 11/17/2013Consitently the best French Bistro dining in Hawaii, with Japanese twists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very enjoyable dining experiencestephenrDined on 11/17/2013cafe miro offers 2 menu options: 3 course pre fixe and 4 course chef's choice. but the range of selections is very vast. loved the opah with brown butter. enjoyed cheese option for dessert. small wine list, but i always bring my own ( $20. corkage). would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a solid, memorable dining experience with perfectly prepared and presented cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW - WOW!foodiewithfriendsVIPDined on 11/17/2013What a shock to learn that this place has been there for over 10 years, talk about a well kept secret! From the outside, this place is ho-hum, the interior clean and simply decorated. But the food and service . . . absolutely incredible! The staff seemed to work well together, keeping things on-time. Our part-time resident friends were as thrilled as we were. None of us could decide which dish was our favorite for the night, but we all agreed that we'd be returning again, and again! I'm hoping to try them all eventually!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2013Everything was absolutely delicious and the service was outstanding. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 最高！！！OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2013何時もですが従業員の教育が徹底されている感じが伝わってきます。 料理は当然のように美味しいです。 本当のホスピタリティだと思います。 ハワイの旅行の定番になりました！！！Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSan808VIPDined on 11/16/2013We had not been here for years and decided to try it again. Food and service were terrific. Small issues...bread not very good and they substituted rice pudding for creme brûlée...:(Special Features: