Meritage - Warwick
5454 Old Post Road
East Greenwich, RI 02818Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Meritage - Warwick
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meritageri.com/
- Phone: 4018841255
- Hours of Operation:
Friday at 4pm
All other days at 4:30 pm
Kitchen stops serving at 10pm Sunday through Tuesday and 11pm Wednesday through Saturday.
Bar stays open till between 12 and 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Andy Norman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Meritage - Warwick
This casual yet elegant restaurant features eclectic new-American cuisine and a carefully chosen wine list that includes twenty wines by the glass and many more by the bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Meritage - Warwick - Best Restaurants in East Greenwich ›
Meritage - Warwick reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (33)special occasion (28)romantic (28)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (23)hot spot (14)notable wine list (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- We go back again and againuoprincessDined on 7/8/2013Great pizza, red sangria, seafood cardinale, dessert pizza, s'mores pie. Great for GNO. If you ever have a chance for the private wine dinner jump on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentJanRDined on 7/8/2013Consistently great food, service! Love meeting friends there- quiet enough (usually) to talk; nice ambience. For us, this is a win-win; we knew/ came to this restaurant years ago, for special occasions, and it's nice to see Meritage is maintaining a quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday evening dinner for 6Lori2Dined on 6/30/2013Food was delicious and server was very pleasant and patient with our many menu questions. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Meritage!KatieDined on 6/29/2013We really love Meritage. The food, service and atmosphere are top notch. The servers are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013Have had better experiences at Meritage than this last. Food "ok", Service "ok". Unfortunately expecting a bit more. May have been an off night, but will eventually return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We frequent this restaurantleeleeDined on 6/28/2013We frequent this restaurant often. It is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!KatyDined on 6/7/2013Meritage is by far, one of my favorite restaurants. The food is fantastic, and the menu has such great offerings. Even the appetizers are amazing! I'm sure it being a Friday evening slowed our experience down a little. We found our waitress to be a tad slow, and not very attainable. I've never had an issue on any other visit, though. Overall, I would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellent food. AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2013Reliably excellent food. Attentive and caring service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a try!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013Vibrant bar. Probably a good place to meet someone. Restaurant dark (sometimes hard to read menus) and romantic interesting and tasty dishes especially the southwest pasta dish. affordable wines by the bottleSpecial Features:
- very nice local fine diningMikePHXDined on 5/22/2013This was a spur of the moment decision to take my girlfriend out to dinner. some work colleagues eat here regularly, and we were in the area, so decided to try. The menu has something for everyone. the wine and drink selection is quite adequate and the service is just right. I will certainly dine here again, and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceMoveMe2VIPDined on 5/4/2013Food was served quick, hot and on time. Very cozy and comfortable restaurant. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Recent visit!!!BreezieDined on 5/2/2013We have been dining at Meritage for about 3 years, we have always had a great meal and dining experience. We also will get a grilled pizza to go. Meritage has become one of our favorite places to dine out.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, if a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Food was excellent, if a little pricey. My cousin was slightly disappointed in the pizza. She would have preferred a less-crackery crust and tomato sauce. I had the antipasto, which was delicious - had enough to get two meals out of it.Special Features:
- It's no 1149.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Food was far from outstanding. Meals were not served exactly as ordered and the overall quality of the food was only fair. Nothing special at all. Atmosphere was very bar-based. Not a good place for kids. Better for the other, wealthier crowd. However, the waitress was outstanding, but I cant recall her name.Special Features:
- The menu was creative andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013The menu was creative and good but not finely prepared, a little Sysco. It was fairly priced and did have a good beer and wine list.Special Features:
- Always reliably excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Always reliably excellent food. The staff is attentive, efficient and kind. It is very hard for us to try something new when we know we will always have a great food and a great time here so we keep coming to Meritage!Special Features:
- Amazing salad with pineappleTinkerbellVIPDined on 3/24/2013Amazing salad with pineapple vinaigrette and dessert pizza!! Service was extremely accommodating and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- A Hidden Treat in East GreenwichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2013A Hidden Treat in East Greenwich ! Great food and service!Special Features:
- Hideaway gem in East GreenwichOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013This has been a go-to dining venue for us for many years. Consistant quality & service along with a varied menu that will appeal to most tastes. Parking is convenient. Love to recommend meritage to our friends, etc.Special Features:
- The quality of food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The quality of food and service at Meritage is outstanding and is the reason we are returning customers. Another great night!Special Features:
- Even with reservations weOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/2/2013Even with reservations we had a wait! The food was great though.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butAgz428Dined on 2/2/2013The food was very good, but our seat placement wasn't ideal. I had requested through OpenTable a curved booth toward the back of the restaurant, but we were led to an uninviting, noisy room. It was our anniversary and I wanted to sit in the same curved booths we sat in the previous 2 years. The room we sat in wasn't very cozy and was, in fact, cold (temperature-wise). In addition, our waitress wasn't overly pleasant, but very efficient and got our orders correct.
- The food was overly salted.KathyVIPDined on 1/29/2013The food was overly salted. The wait staff was nonattentive. Twenty minutes passed from the time the menus were provided and someone asked for cocktail orders. Another twenty minutes passed before we were asked if we had any questions about the menu. The lighting was extremely poor.
- We love everything about Meritage-OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013We love everything about Meritage- menu, food, service, atmosphere, value.Special Features:
- Total hidden gem, which isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2013Total hidden gem, which is tough to say since the joint has been banged out every night since its opening! Does not get the notoriety it deserves for its consistent excellence.Special Features:
- The drink menu is great! IJulesDined on 1/18/2013The drink menu is great! I had a cucumber martini which was out of this world and the zippy shrimp app was wonderful along with our pear Gorgonzola salads. The waiter, on the other hand was not so great. It took forever for him to take our order and the drinks were not replenished promptly. It was a busy night because of restaurant week so I would go back to give the service another shot but with all of the competition in east greenwich, they should step it up.Special Features:
- The only reason I go; thefoodiesDined on 1/16/2013The only reason I go; the "girls" birthday group, otherwise I wouldn't bother. It's a convenient location for all of us to meet...3x/year (more than I want to go!). Was NOT impressed with our server, had to ask the hostess (because she was the ONLY one walking through the dining area at that time) to have our girl come over as it had been at least 20 minutes since we saw ANYONE in the dining room to ask. Food is average. Plenty of other places to spend my money.
- We came with friends who haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2013We came with friends who have never dined there before, they enjoyed it. We had the special, Providence week menu. More than enough food for all. We will all be back again, would like to try brunch.Special Features:
- Normally our dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013Normally our dining experience @ Meritage (average one visit with another couple per month) is very good. However...last Saturday night when the server brought me the wrong wine there was no apology or acknowledgement of her oversight and the wait for the replacement felt too long... Our friend's soup was too cold and was sent back, again no apology or acknowledgement...I ordered a caesar salad with shrimp...the salad portion was pitifully meager and too salty. I did not send it back...We were fairly regular customers but this experience prompted our plans to go to Spain restaurant next week. I do have a dinner date this Tuesday at Meritage that I will not cancel as I am hoping Saturday night was a fluke?Special Features:
- Great local placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Great Dining. Went on a Thursday nite and it was packed. Had reservations and was glad I did. The food was great and so was the service.Will go again. Try it and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Love MeritageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012We love Meritage. We have been there many times, and the food has always been delicious-and has always been served hot and fresh. We have never had a complaint. Our table for 6 was set as requested including the specific location, in the dining room near the fireplace. Service is always excellent- the wait staff are cordial, friendly, helpful, and accurate. Meritage's menu has much variety- something for everyone.Special Features:
- I just felt that the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012I just felt that the menu was a bit limited. Not enough choices. Other than that, I liked it.Special Features:
- Bad night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Restaurant was extremely dark and menu's were very difficult to read without the aid of my iphone. Food was overly seasoned and had to be returned several times. Manager was not attentive during ordeal and I would not recommend Meritage to friends or family. Staff was very young and immature, not educated on menu items or preperations.
- We're new to RI, and whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012We're new to RI, and when we moved to our new home, Meritage sent us a "welcome to the neighborhood" note and a coupon. To celebrate a birthday, we decided to try the restaurant, and it was well worth it. We found the Meritage staff to be delightful, the food most excellent, and the overall experience extremely pleasant. Prices were very reasonable, and portion sizes were excellent. We were impressed with the quality of the food: our entree was perfectly cooked and seasoned, the veggies were tender crisp and lightly dressed, and the garlic mashed potatoes were spectacular. The PB&C dessert was off the page! Will we return to Meritage? Absolutely, and not just to celebrate a special event. It's a great experience.Special Features:
- This reastaurant along withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012This reastaurant along with Chardonnays in Seekonk is amazing. The service, the atmosphere, and the food is amazing and consistent. Every dish I've tried has been mouthwatering. Plys they have daily specials that sound great. The drink selection is fun and reasonable too. Its great for a romantic dinner, or a night out with the friends. My new favorite place.Special Features:
- Meritage was outstanding withGAC63Dined on 10/20/2012Meritage was outstanding with its food & service. We had HUGE margaritas and pumpkin beer,a seasonal treat. The lobster pasta dish was generous & delicious. The chicken gorganzola was very tasty with its seasonal vegetables. We finished with a dessert pizza and lingered to enjoy our conversation. We would certainly return to this delightful restaurant.Special Features:
- We love Meritage. They haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012We love Meritage. They have great meals that have become our favorites over time, and we always have a nice experience there. We went out for a special celebration on 10/19. It was my last day of cancer treatment!! :)Special Features:
- Meritage has a comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/7/2012Meritage has a comfortable and relaxing feel - certainly a place to go for any occasion; the wait staff is very helpful and professional. Our entres, lobster cardinale and penne pasta w/tenderloin & shrimp (one of the specials) were outstanding. Every meal we have had was at least very good, but most of the time outstanding. Would highly recommend the Meritage and would certainly return.Special Features:
- Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Upbeat elegant yet comfortable ambiance. The restaurant is set back behind trees and we went up and down the road trying to find. A larger, brighter sign would help. Food and alcohol was disappointing. My scotch and soda was watered down, shrimp scampi pizza tasted like grilled cheese- not enough sauce. The dessert pizza that I have had in the past was sweet but not as attractive and filled with fruit as it used to be. It was as though they were skimping on everything. The marzipan was lightly smeared and only a few blueberries and 1/8 of a banana were sprinkled on. I noticed that the appetizers were as expensive as a meal but heard that on Sunday they are half price. Server did not tell us about specials until I asked.Special Features:
- Food excellent service a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012Food excellent service a bit slow but we were in no hurrySpecial Features: