Baci Bistro and Bar
500 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Baci Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacibistroandbar.com/
- Phone: 9256000600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Sunday: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Hughes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Baci’s specializes in catering! We specialize in drop off and full service catering. Please contact us to discuss your catering theme and we will be happy to plan your event. We require a minimum order of $100 for catering. Catering prices mostly based on entree size portions. Pricing will be lower in many cases if ordering is made in the form of platters and chaffers. For example, our pasta and salads are priced as entrees. We can cut both prices per person if you order on platters and chaffers because each plated food portion would be less than ordering Ala carte.
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit our website to review the elegant Historical Main Street indoor dining and curb appeal. We cater select exclusive events giving your party the full service restaurant exclusively to yourselves. We plan out every detail in advance and can arrange our dining room to any theme you desire. Live bands can be added. Perfect for Corporate Parties, entertaining clients, Holliday Parties, and Wedding Rehearsal Dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Hughes 9259845452
- Entertainment: Entertainment can be arranged with parties renting the restaurant.
A word from Baci Bistro and Bar
Baci (Kiss in Italian) is an exquisite Italian, Steak and Seafood jewel nestled in the heart of Historic Main Street Pleasanton. Baci is a special place where people come to enjoy great food in a classy causal setting. With an ambiance that is warm and exciting. If it is catering, dining, take out or delivery, our team of dedicated professionals are eager to serve you. We accept reservations of parties of five or more through Open Table and parties of four are less are welcome walk-ins. Please feel free to call us on approximate seating time wait if any for parties of four or less. 925-600-0600.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baci Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (32)romantic (28)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (14)good for groups (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lovely and romanticBellaDonnaDined on 11/3/2013Just what I was looking for and pleasantly surprised. Nicely done.. all around.Special Features:
- Great, but a little noisygoodeater1779Dined on 11/3/2013Baci was wonderful. We took advantage of the $39 three course meal for two and loved it! The only thing that took away from the experience was the noise. the general level of noise sometimes got in the way of easy conversation . On the whole, a great dining experience and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost but not quite therecristyDined on 11/2/2013This restaurant was much smaller than expected. Essentially the bar area was the restaurant. Outdoor dining was on the sidewalk. The food and service were good. It was very noisy. We went for dinner there because it was within walking distance to the Firehouse Theater. I think I would go back there but for lunch rather than dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good ServiceRandyDined on 10/30/2013Went alone traveling for business sat at the bar. They took care of me! Fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific lunch for four 70BobSDined on 10/23/2013Terrific lunch for four 70 year-old high school buddies re-uniting! Pleasant setting, great food & outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect romantic birthday dinner!RedwinerDined on 10/17/2013Baci's was recommended for its ambiance and intimacy for our celebration. I ordered flowers through open table after booking my reservation online. The flowers were waiting on the table when we arrived and they were beautiful! From the moment we walked in the door, everything was special & perfect! Amanda, our waitress, was friendly & attentive and didn't hover over us. We never felt rushed. The menu was extensive enough but not limited or overwhelming. The food was fresh & hot! The champagne & wine were delicious. The desserts were equally as tasty. The prices were high but I expected that for Pleasanton. But our overall experience at Baci's was wonderful! Fabulous night! As a mom, this is not a kid friendly place and I was ok with that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baci Bistro is BestGFOODVIPDined on 10/12/2013We loved Baci Bistro in Pleasanton. The cream of spinach soup was really delicious. The crab cakes were excellent. The grilled beet salad was also great. The Chicken and steak ribeye were wonderful. For Italian food in Pleasanton, this is a great place to eat. And the wine bottle prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night OutLuv2dineDined on 10/11/2013Joined another couple and had a nice time. I would say this is an okay place to meet up with friends . The food was good, but not great. The service was good .Special Features:
- Service was very good butZackDined on 10/10/2013Service was very good but the food was average. Don't think I will return
- Pleasanton's Best ItalianPastaloverVIPDined on 10/5/2013On a Saturday evening it was a little noisy at times, partly due to the background music that also makes the place good for a date. White tablecloths, a bar inside, tables inside arranged a little too tightly, some tables outside if you prefer to be ogled. Wine list is not extensive, but covers the basics. Salads were excellent, especially the unusual Field of Berries. The veal was tender, the pasta was cooked just right, and the veggie pesto was actually piled with vegetables (and not just small chopped pieces). The chocolate fondant cake dessert was a chocoholic's dream. Service was properly attentive, and no references to "you guys." This is my tenth Italian restaurant in Pleasanton, and (so far) there is none better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and underdelivereddisappointedVIPDined on 10/5/2013The $15 thai fillet beef skewers had no flavor of any kind much less "thai" and they were tough and chewy. The $10 salad was a pile of premixed greens with .5 oz cheese and 5 walnut halves. Huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Great menu selections. TheIrishDined on 10/4/2013Great menu selections. The pecan-crusted chilean sea-bass was beyond delicious. Our server Patrick was knowledgeable, offered great suggestions from the menu, and was "always on it " in servicing our table. Great place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicermobDined on 9/28/2013We had a small family celebration here and found the food to be e cel lent as well as the service. It was a very nice venue for our party of 3, but might have been challenging for more than 5 or 6.Special Features:
- Wonderful food!1birdygirlDined on 9/25/2013I had pecan-crusted Chilean sea bass and it was prepared perfectly! I was able to change the starch from Mediterranean pasta to mushroom risotto with no problem. They are very accommodating! Our server, Patrick, was awesome. He answered all our questions about the menu. He came by to check on us often, but was not intrusive. He offered a few wine suggestions, and we were even encouraged to have a sample taste of the suggested wine before committing. I opted to NOT go with the suggestion which was fine. My fellow diners said their food was superb also. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place in downtown PleasantonandytomVIPDined on 9/21/2013If in the area it is a nice place for dinner. Food was good and the service was fantastic. The only issue was the timing of one our apps, which did not arrive and I had to ask where it was. The waiter quickly took care of the problem and said it was their mistake and took it off our bill. It was the seared scallops which were excellent over onion rings. The sweetness of the scallops went very well with the salty fried onion rings. Our other dishes were just was good. Again, other then the one hiccup the food and service were good. If in the area I would go back. Seemed like a lot of locals frequent the place, which adds to the charm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night date nightSFWildcatVIPDined on 9/20/2013Baci was great. It's on the spendy side but we enjoyed it. The service was great until after our apps arrived. There was a HUGE lull between having our apps and salad plates cleared and when our entrees arrived. In fact, we had just commented on the great service before that and guessed we jinxed it. Even after our entrees arrived the service never picked up. And when she did come by, her attitude had changed from pleasant and helpful to uppity, hurried, little eye contact. We basically had to tackle her for a glass of wine with our entree when we would have ordered before the entree to have it delivered on time for entree. We had to ask the manager/owner for the check and we had our card out waiting for them to speed it up. Still cute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodDguyDined on 9/20/2013The rib eye was a little charred, and one was very thin and tough. Veggies were just a little overcooked. .
- I had the shrimp scampi andMeanDadDined on 9/17/2013I had the shrimp scampi and it was just covered in too much garlic. The beef medallions were great. All in all best part was sitting outside next to the heaters.Special Features:
- First time at Baci, had beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2013First time at Baci, had been wanting to try it for a long time. Looks appealing from outside. Great corner location on Main Street. We were greeted by friendly staff and our waiter was pleasant. The House salad was good, the wines affordable. Warm bread delivered to table. My entree, the Cioppino, was ok. My partner enjoyed the salmon. The cheesecake was a highlight. Nice atmosphere, average food. Perhaps a different entree would have made a better impression. Might return to try again. Service was very good.
- Love Baci!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2013Great food, outstanding service and one of my fave local spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Bacifoodie17Dined on 8/31/2013We had a group of 6 women for lunch on a Saturday. We had excellent service and we all loved the food. Noise level was low and that was perfect as we had 2 seniors in our group who have a hard time when there is a lot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good place to dineAmazingDined on 8/30/2013Waiter lacked food knowledge but was very nice. Wine list was okay "generic". Nothing exciting. Calamari was amazing. Fish was overdressed and rebeye lacked season. Question weather the chef is tasting what he/or she is sending out. Like i said overall good.
- Relaxing and satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2013My wife and I visited for our 11th Anniversary and both ordered the 3-course special. My salad was impressive, and she loved her crab cake. Both the ribeye and the lobster ravioli were delicious. The cheesecake was average. We sat outside which is a nice environment for dining. The only hiccup was the service. Our drinks remained empty for long periods of time, requests had to be repeated, and the only thing that was timely was the check. For a higher level restaurant, I expect more. Still, the evening was a success. It was a nice meal in a great environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3x a charmDyannaDined on 8/24/2013I've eaten at Baci three different times, with my group of girlfriends and with my husband on a date night, for example. Have had a great meal and the bar is really good, Enjoy the atmosphere, so comfortable yet relaxing.Special Features:
- You will love it here!JennaDined on 8/16/2013We love going here with friends or a romantic night out. We have always had great service and delicious food. Definitely try their desserts! So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013The food was not all that impressive compared to restaurants of similar type, especially given the price. That being said, my halibut was very good, but the clam chowder (soup de jour) was canned, and not terrific. They have an extensive and interesting cocktail menu, but the Bloody Mary had the strangest flavor I've ever had, and it wasn't good. I couldn't finish it. There was also no beer on draft. It has a nice atmosphere, but I don't think I'll be back.Special Features:
- Food was excellentRobbobDined on 8/10/2013Baci continues to get better. Their food and service for our group of six was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent food, especiallyTravellerVIPDined on 8/10/2013Excellent food, especially enjoyed the Cesar salad, rack of lamb, and cioppino. Attentive service, nice atmosphere, good wine selection by the glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2013Calamari, BLTA and the Rigatoni with Alfredo sauce is incredible. Oh the bread is delicious tooSpecial Features:
- great mealpleasanton45135Dined on 7/30/2013once again, great meal, great service. would recommend to anyone looking for a nice meal with someone specialSpecial Features:
- Sunday night food weakSundayDined on 7/28/2013Lobster ravioli submerged in an over-oily tomato sauce appropriate for Sicilian vegetables, not something delicate like lobster. Crab cake appetizer was more a croquette, most probably not made on-site. Not good value. Service however was very good.
- KudosbbdollDined on 7/23/2013My friends and I were celebrating a Birthday and Bon Voyage luncheon at Baci Bistro and Bar in Pleasanton, CA. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The ambiance was beautiful. Kudos to Chef Russell for creating wonderful dishes and gorgeous desserts. I am definitely returning to try more dishes and recommend everyone to try the Baci experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While outside dining is ourSuzanneDined on 6/22/2013While outside dining is our preference, the street noise at this location is very loud. Although it wasn't very busy, we had to ask for our server twice. Food was good but don't order the new savory salad unless you like very spicy chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gemhate2cookDined on 6/21/2013Outstanding food. Great outdoor seating. The inside is reslly cool with huge bar, chandeliers and nice details. It is loud inside , but in a good way. The bread would be better if it came with something - butter, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. My dinner was great - beef medallians wrapped in bacon mashed pototos with fresh salsa. Veggis and best yet an area of fresh pesto to dip every bite in. My hubby had rAck of lamb which was good as well. Worth going but make a reso as its really busy. Chow:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When we walked in it had aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2013When we walked in it had a very offensive fish smell to the restaurant. Good fish shouldn't smell!! Not what you want to smell walking into a restaurant.
- Happy Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/20138 of us went to Baci to celebrate Father's Day. We were seated promptly. The wait staff were efficient. A bottle of wine we wanted was not available, so our waiter suggested another bottle. It was a good substitute. Our dishes were nicely presented at the right temperature. Lamb was a little on the dry side. Other dishes- fish, steaks, pasta were all cooked perfectly and tasted very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat outside, which wasPaloAltoDinerVIPDined on 6/15/2013We sat outside, which was very nice. The sweet and spicy salad was amazing. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a big groupMollybeeDined on 6/8/2013Service was fantastic. They let us talk but they were attentive to our needs! I have never eaten in Pleasanton so it was a great start. Scallop ceviche for appetizer was scrumptious, salmon was yummy along with stuffed filet. Such a great night for allSpecial Features:
- not as good as I hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2013We decided to try Baci for dinner. Have for lunch before and was not that impressed with the food. Dinner, pretty much the same thing. Tried the special appitizer (Scallop Ceviche). Was ok, but not outstanding. My partner had the Cioppino. Even though it was June and fresh crabs are not in season they just sprinkled the top with shredded crab. Huh? Anyways the dish was actually tasty. I had the stuffed steak. First, it was rather strange concept. Undercooked asparagus in the center, with I think was feta, spinach inside, wrapped with bacon. Was unimpressed.
- Too noisyWendyDined on 6/7/2013We have always enjoyed going to baci. This time was bad for me. It was SO noisy that I was exhausted when we left. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Will reconsider going back.I would recommend this to a friend.