Black Pearl Restaurant
1529 South Pearl Street
Denver, CO 80210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Black Pearl Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackpearldenver.com/
- Phone: 3037770500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily beginning at 5:00pm Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm Brunch: Weekends 10:00am - 3:00pm (featuring bottomless mimosas) Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm - 6:00pm (featuring half-priced drinks and oysters)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mitch Mayers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The entire restaurant may be rented for functions, or, our unique layout allows us to sell out portions of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Whited 3037770500
- Special Events: Don't miss our Summer Wine Series from May - October 5-7pm! Go On Tour with Black Pearl...Wine Dinners from around the World the 1st Wednesday of Every Month...Call for Details!
A word from Black Pearl Restaurant
Described as contemporary American cuisine, Black Pearl's menu is focused on using fresh, locally produced ingredients that deliver a fullness of flavor which can only come from foods produced and prepared in a conscientious way. For the diner, that means our changing menu will feature seasonal foods, grown locally, and picked fresh to ensure their fullest flavor. From fruits and vegetables to meat and poultry, Black Pearl is committed to serving foods that are grown and raised in a way that shows respect for nature, and, of course, a similar respect for those who produce them and you who consume them. In addition to our regular menu selections, Black Pearl features a fresh raw oyster bar. With a carefully chosen selection of delectable oysters at all times, the raw bar has become a dining destination of its own.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Black Pearl Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (28)romantic (21)special occasion (21)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Disappointingluv2dineVIPDined on 11/26/2013We have eaten here several other times, but this might have been our last. Don't know if this was an off night or if Black Pearl has really gone downhill.
- Anniversary DinnerRyanPDined on 11/22/2013My wife and I went for our anniversary, the food was great and our server Kim was outstanding. We started with the East Coast oysters but we opted to try all the different sauces on the side...they were all good. We then had the calamari and a grilled romaine (Caesar-ish) salad. For the entrée we split the Pressed Pork Shoulder which was amazing; tender and tasteful with a mustard hollandaise sauce that was perfect with the meat. For desert we shared the warm chocolate chip cookie (comes in a cast iron skillet) with homemade milk stout ice cream and vanilla bean whipped cream...my wife is not a dessert or chocolate person but she loved it and ate more than her share. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out for a CelebrationAmateurFoodieDined on 11/17/2013Dinner was great. Restaurant wasn't busy due to it being Sunday night. Everyone's food was great. The grilled romaine has changed since we had been there last-not quite as good as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate comfort, seasonal menudatenightdivaDined on 11/15/2013Comfort food goes out on the town! Great place to go for date night or dinner with old friends, this Pearl St. gem pampered us! Bar is warm and inviting, with great imaginative drinks. (Outdoor fire ring seating, too.). Their scallops appetizer with mushrooms and pumpkin mousse was so yummy! The melt -in-your-mouth duck breast with squash, beets, and cranberries made me excited for the Holidays. Dessert (a special of the week) was a grits pie crust with hazelnut anglaise and vanilla bean whipped cream. Holy cow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like?FL0907Dined on 11/3/2013Wine list: good; recommendations trustworthy.. Sunday half-off deal! Appetizers: Calamari and Truffle Fries were delectable Entrees: melt-in-your mouth goodnessSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServiceCOFOODIEDined on 10/26/2013This was my first time at the Black Pearl .Small intimate setting with good ambiance. The service was very attentive and the prices were very reasonable. The rabbit two ways was great and the seasonal hazelnit rice pudding was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For being there the firstBob1Dined on 10/26/2013For being there the first time ... a wonderful and delightful dinner ... They accommodate ( sorry we were 20 min late and called prior to let them know ) and still had great service etc ... Parking ..do the valet it is complimentary for the restaurant's in the area ...but a tip goes as long way.. A great service and helps ease the where are we gonna park syndrome .. The menu is a seasonal ...and unless you are picky there is a great selection ... Would I go back YesSpecial Features:
- One of my favorite placesBellaEatsDined on 10/22/2013The food is simply perfect-interesting, but not silly. Inventive, but not crazy. The service was too (Joe rocks!). Great wine list. I will go every time I visit Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigChiefMountainBigChiefMountainVIPDined on 9/23/2013This was our first visit to the Black Pearl and what a surprise! We loved the unique menu and our friends from D.C. were very impressed with everything about the Black Pearl. I loved having the weekly specials based on fresh ingredients and 3 of us ordered rabbit! It was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent service and tasty foodRunner02Dined on 9/14/2013We booked a table at Black Pearl to celebrate my husband's birthday and were very pleased with the excellent service we received. All of the staff, hostess, waiter and servers were very polite and attentive. The food was also very good, although I wouldn't necessarily rave about it (The after-dinner coffee could have definitely used some improvement). I have several food allergies though, and they did take care to cater my dinner to account for my allergies. The atmosphere was lively, but enjoyable and overall we really enjoyed dining at the Black Pearl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love the black pearl ..fritzDined on 9/8/2013we love the black pearl .. always yummy and different food and great service ..Special Features:
- Scallops are divineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013Four of us enjoyed our Sat night dinner on the fish and chips, the vegetarian rellanos, cucumber soup and scallops. The pepper and calamari appetizers were great too. The cheese cake and chocolate tiramisu desserts were to die for! We will be back again and again to enjoy this special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pearl on pearlNewsDined on 9/2/2013Had a really good time here last week. Waiter was knowledgable about food and wine choices. Dinner was fantastic with good portion sizes. Overall pretty good value. Would eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorites on South PearlGESWWPDined on 9/2/2013Great place, wonderful staff and service. However, for this visit I found it to be very pricey for the portions. This is new. I had a small bowl of cucumber soup and a salad of four very small pieces of watermelon topped with smaller pieces of tomato for a total price of around $18.00. Bring the big wallet when you come.Special Features:
- Very good brunchJoeDDined on 9/1/2013Were in Denver with a new baby, and Black Pearl was accomodating of the newborn. Service was outstanding. Food was excellent. Would recommend it to anyone for Brunch. You should make a reservation though as it booked up. Out favorite Brunch spot for many years in NY is the Redeye Grill and this was very comparable in quality and the service was exceptional. The server was good, but the other waitstaff and bussers go above and beyond what you would expect in their efforts to ensure you have anything you would like or need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastes great, not all that fillingJosephDined on 8/29/2013The food tasted really good, but the portion size was lacking. I ordered the fish and chips. I got three smallish wedges of fried potato. The fish was an average portion, but nothing to write home about. Glad we had an appetizer, otherwise, I would have left hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, as always! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/25/2013Delicious, as always! The service, the food, the ambience - never disappoints. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2013Outstanding, friendly and proactive service made for an enjoyable evening. Excellent and extensive cocktail menu started evening off right. Recommend the heirloom tomato appetizer and the gnocchi was unique and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodzsozsoVIPDined on 8/12/2013Some of the items are too salty, otherwise the food was good. Service was great!Special Features:
- Exquisite and NOT stuffyhcinDenverDined on 8/8/2013Fantastic food and drink for ANY occasion. Truly one of my favorite spots in Denver.Special Features:
- Reliable great food, great serviceDebDivaDined on 8/7/2013We expect a great time at Black Pearl. We take foodie friends and visitors there because we know the food will be superb, the wine excellent and the service remarkable. What more can you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Pearl never fails toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2013Black Pearl never fails to meet expectations. The food is always good and interesting, and the staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. It's our go-to place for lunch meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum-Yum!ginger48Dined on 8/3/2013Great service...good food...interesting menu choices...and a robust wine list!Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2013Great service, great food, great atmoosphere. Good choice for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a fabulous meal - YakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013We had a fabulous meal - Yak Sliders and Stuffed Pepper on Polenta were delicious entrees, but the pistachio ice cream atop the peach coffee cake for dessert was an amazing end to our dinner. We're not usually dessert eaters, but found ourselves eating every bite.Special Features:
- outstanding food, drinks, serviceOutstandinDined on 7/27/2013This is one of the best restaurants in Denver. The bartender is amazingly creative with the drinks. They are delicious. The food is so yummy and creative as well. The service is excellent. This restaurant is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!dduysenDined on 7/27/2013We visited the Black Pearl on Saturday, July 27th. It was a birthday celebration, and we had a party of 6. We asked for a table on their small but very comfortable patio. Fortunately, the weather cooperated for the majority of our meal, and the prompt deployment of the umbrellas at the first sign of rain made allowed us to finish out the evening very comfortably. As always, the service was very attentive, and the food and wine were great! My husband and I find the Black Pearl at the top our "go to" list for a comfortable, relaxed and always satisfying meal. We love the Black Pearl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Pearl is a GemDidiKVIPDined on 7/27/2013Food and Service were excellent as always. The management and serving staff took extra special care of our group. We had one vegetarian and one gluten free guest and the staff and chef made sure to work with us on the menu items to find something delicious for each of them. Truly an outstanding experience.Special Features:
- Family DinnerDG0214Dined on 7/19/2013We sat outside Black Pearl at a wonderful table where we could watch passersby or just enjoy the family. The food was fantastic, matched by the service. Jeremy, our waiter was very knowledgeable about the cocktails, wine, and menu. He made some recommendations and was right on. We had fried oysters, raw oysters, fried calamari, peppers with salt as appetizers. There was not a morsel left on the plate. Our main courses were even better: Stuffed pepper with quinoa patty, fish and chips, tuna, steak enchilada. The farm-to-table concept is a hit at Black Pearl. Our food was fresh and tasty. We had a wonderful evening and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot on South PearlHBerryDined on 7/18/2013We decided to skip the craziness of the place just down the street and find someone a bit more relaxing and reasonable. Black Pearl has a nice patio, and huge windows that open all the way so even if you're sitting inside you can still feel outside. The waitstaff was accommodating but not overwhelming. There is an extensive wine list which is not too pricey. The food was good for both of us. We would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for reasonable conversatiochowderskiVIPDined on 7/12/2013Too loud for reasonable conversation indoors. Patio seating is fantastic!Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013A small but nice selection of choices for lunch. Food was fine but not exceptional. The restaurant is EXTREMELY loud. The waiter did accomodate us by seating us upstairs so we could hear each other.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/3/2013We tried several wines by the glass and had a bunch of appetizers. Everything was delicious... well-prepared and presented. Great grazing menu if you like that kind of thing. For the traditional meal lover, the entrees are always good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 1st DateElizabethDined on 6/29/2013The service was fantastic. The wait staff was friendly, professional and accommodating. They were fast without pushing us thru our meal. The salmon was a little too salty for my taste buds but my dated enjoyed his meal. The waitress was very knowledgeable with the wines. When I mentioned that it was freezing in the place she was happy to accommodate and simply opened the window panels. That took care of the issue. My water glass was never empty and when we asked for the bill we didn't have to wait forever nor wait for the receipt and credit card to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- every bite a delightLisieSueVIPDined on 6/26/2013What a phenomenal meal. Every dish was delicious and inventive. Couldn't have had a better experience. Will definitely go back when in town again.Special Features:
- Great dinner and time. OurCCSalcitoDined on 6/23/2013Great dinner and time. Our table was a bit large for the 5 of us - made conversing a little difficult, but I don't think there was another table option in there. Great meal and service!Special Features:
- repeatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2013Always a choice for lunch. The various osyter toppings are a highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking ExecutionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/11/2013I've eaten at Black Pearl twice and though the menu is intriguing, the kitchen fails to execute.
- Amazing food and wonderful serviceLocalFanDined on 5/31/2013This was a special occasion - we were celebrating two 50th birthdays and the life of a loved one who passed away earlier this year. We lingered over drinks, wine, dinner, wine, dessert, and dessert drinks, and at no time did we feel rushed or pressured to wrap it up even though it was a Friday night. The room was well managed and our waiter was a complete delight. I've been here before and will happily return with more friends and family. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New American without the pretenseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2013I suspect that one of the great chlenges in New American is in pushimg the envelope far enough without getting trapped in the vortex of pretense and, frankly, silliness. Black Pearl threads the needle right; great food that always intrigues, modern decor that is warm and inviting without stuffiness, staff that absolutely knows about that which they are selling, a by the glass list that fills a page with solid options (and a list that puts many in this city to shame). 5280 has its list of darling restauranteers and chefs. Let the crowds go there for the underwhelming food and, at best, decent service. If you actually have a tongue and know what it is there for, come to Black Pearl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.