E&E Grill House
233 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
E&E Grill House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eegrillhouse.com/
- Phone: 2125059909
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served seven days a week: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM to 4 PM; Saturday, Sunday: 11AM - 4PM
Dinner served seven days a week: 4 PM to 11 PM
Brunch served saturday and sunday: 11 AM to 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Oscar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: E&E Grill House offers a catering menu based on the dinner menu offerings. Please call (212) 505-9909 to speak to our catering reservationist.
- Special Events: E&E Grill House does have private event space in addition to offering restaurant buy outs. Please email us at email@example.com to speak to our special events coordinator.
A word from E&E Grill House
E&E Grill House, part of the E&E Hospitality Group, is a New York neighborhood restaurant ideally located among the bright lights of Broadway in historic Times Square. We treat our guests like family. Our calling card? We are a grill house—the fun, more dynamic cousin of the steakhouse. We serve excellent food at fair prices with an emphasis on grilled items and the freshest ingredients. Our menu has tasty dishes that delight vegetarians and fish lovers, - but it is our steaks and meat selections that satisfy a carnivore's cravings!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
E&E Grill House reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (35)great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (29)romantic (25)great for brunch (19)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Reasonable pre-theater dinnerCountrymouseDined on 5/10/2014Have visited E&E Grill for dinner before a show twice now over about two years. It has a pleasant modern interior, excellent service which will get you to your show on time, and good food at a reasonable price for the theater district. The prix fixe menu offers limited but appealing enough choices. The place does fill up and get crowded and noisy from 6 to 7:30 pm (but the tables are placed as well as possible to provide some privacy given the space), and there are only two unisex bathrooms. Nevertheless, we like it well enough to return.
- Mother's Day Successjerseygrl1369Dined on 5/10/2014Took my Mom here on the Saturday of Mother's Day weekend after a matinee show. Great ambiance, all the servers were very nice, friendly and very attentive. The food was excellent and decent portions for the price. I had the NY Strip which was cooked to perfection and Mom had the salmon which she enjoyed very much. Our plates were clean which certainly showed how excellent the food was. I would definitely go here again...Special Features:
- averageAvajDined on 5/10/2014service was slow but when we complained the manager was right on it and kept coming back to apologize and make sure everything was OK, she was very impressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Surprise in Times SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I really had no hope that I would find a restaurant in Times Square that wasn't an over-priced tourist trap. Imagine my surprise when we entered the E&E Grill! It was comfortable, not over crowded, warm and cheery. Great music playing in the background, not too loud. Service was very friendly, and the food was wonderful. We had steak and eggs and pancakes. Definitely worth a visit and we will return the next time we're in the neighborhood. Our server was Brianna, and she was delightful.Special Features:
- Very convenientjacreme3828Dined on 5/9/2014We stayed next door at 'The Pearl hotel, which made this pre-theatre dinner very convenient. The food was good, not fabulous, but the prix fixe menu was a good value. Very noisy, but to be expected, I guess, as it's smack in the middle of theatre district.Special Features:
- Perfect MargaritacountryfoodieDined on 5/8/2014We went there for some appetizers and a drink before the musical. One of the best margaritas I have ever had! The shrimp, quesadillas, and chopped salad were all good. So was the key lime pie.Special Features:
- Excellent Servicemy3sons5Dined on 5/6/2014Found this place to take our son who lives in the city and my in-laws - hard to please people... Perfect choice for all, waitress was fantastic, food and drink were excellent, server was very helpful in recommending dishes to help us decide, excellent theater district location although we did not attend a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host needs more trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014We had reservations for 12 noon, lunch before our show across the street. When the host seated us he gave us & everyone else dinner menus so we would order and spend an outrageous amount of money. Under rating our dining experience you should have honesty. We did request lunch menus because we had previously looked up the restaurant's menu, since we received a discount coupon from telecharge.
- Great find in the theater districtCZ81Dined on 5/3/2014We ate here before "Of Mice and Men" at the Longacre Theater. Our reservation was at 5:15 but we arrived a little early and enjoyed a drink at the bar. Very quiet before the prime pre-theater rush, however, they were fully booked for the evening so passer-bys hoping to grab a table were turned away. The wine list is short but sufficient. I had the filet with grilled broccolinni; my husband had the rib-eye with mashed potatoes. We shared the bacon mac & cheese as an appetizer (yum!). The rib-eye trumps the filet but both were amazing and cooked as specified. Service was attentive. A bonus was the lack of a "stuffy" vibe. There were people dressed up but others in jeans and button-downs/sweaters. Overall, a great find. Would go again!Special Features:
- From "recommended" to a "Must"CityDinerPSDined on 4/27/2014E&E Grill House was recommended to us by a friend for post-Book of Mormon dining - right across the street - couldn't be more convenient. But the real delight was the actual dining experience itself ... a delightful staff, wonderful food and not rushed - a real treat in NYC. Would HIGHLY recommend E&E to any and all - going to the theater for sure - but also as a "regular" dining spot ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good value.BillTDined on 4/26/2014The service was outstanding and our bartender as well when we stopped back after the show. Very convenient to Book of Mormon, Chicago, more. Very friendly atmosphere and for very good food at a good price (especially considering the location). Would highly recommend if you going to see a show.Special Features:
- After the Theatre DinnerDancerDined on 4/26/2014The food was excellent and the service was SUPERB! Everything was served when we were ready for it, and at the perfect temperature. Loved the wine choices. Portions were much larger than expected. Only complaint would be the bread - they served small biscuits, which were a BIG disappointment. But I would highly recommend this place to anyone for before or after the theatre.Special Features:
- Steak at it's finestRavenFanforeverDined on 4/20/2014In New York for an afternoon show and looked on the internet for a steak place. Came across E&E and reviews were good so we gave it a shot. Reviews we right on. Steaks were great and cooked the way we requested them which is tough for my family. Other menu items looked interesting as well but we were all looking for steaks and were not disappointed. Our waitress was attentive and pleasant . You should give this place a shot if you are looking for great steaks at a decent Time Square price. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizPDined on 4/20/2014I didn't realize when we booked this reservation that the restaurant was right across the street form our show! Couldn't have made a better choice! The mussels appetizer was wonderful. I had the flat iron steak & my husband the T-bone. Both were cooked exactly as ordered and really very tasty. Our waiter was very personable & very good. Overall, a very nice dining experience.
- lively and tasteyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014Great soot for people watching on the street and really good food. The only Doreen side for us was the music was too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodnativenewyorkerDined on 4/12/2014we ate before the theater. the food was wonderful. service was fast. server attentive. priced so resonablelySpecial Features:
- E&E Grill was great!DreaganDined on 4/8/2014Our first time to New York City.....Graduation and Birthday for our 18 year old daughter. I booked E&E so we would have a for sure place to eat before seeing Wicked.:) Very Nice Restaurant. The ambiance is perfect, as well as our waiter Willy! The food met all our expectations Plus. Thank you E&E for enhancing our wonderful evening in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 4/6/2014I'd seen this restaurant often and finally tried it. We went on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was virtually empty. Our server was very friendly and personable but a bit unattentive; e.g., once we were served, she never returned to see how things were. I had butternut squash soup with black truffles and the appetizer-sized crab cake. I expected more flavor from the soup because of the black truffles but it was only good, not great. The crab cake was delicious, especially the sauce---a bit of spice that went really well with the crab meat. I would go here again for convenience but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again.Special Features:
- Perfect for pre-theater. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2014Perfect for pre-theater. Nothing fancy. Good cocktails.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvientaxlbroDined on 4/5/2014We had dinner for the second time before a Broadway show they do a very good job accomodating you to get to the show. Worlds best Margarita WASN"T way too sour even 3 swet n low couldn't make it drinkable. Tables way too close together ice tea very weak. Ceasar salad was good Mashed potatoes very smooth and good ribeye steak tasty. Crab cakes and shrimp just OK Don't know if I would go back. Staff was wonderful
- Excellent Food/ServiceJoanDined on 4/5/2014My daughter and I visited on Saturday, 4/5/14. We made reservations for 5:30, for a pre-theatre dinner. We were seated right away, as the restaurant was already busy, but not full. I highly suggest 5:30 reservations. People coming in after us who had 6:00 reservations were waiting about half an hour to sit. That cuts it too close for an 8:00 show. I had the strip steak and my daughter had the lamb chops, and both were very good. We shared an order an fries (and there were plenty still left in the bowl!) The waitress was very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceAnonymousVIPDined on 4/5/2014Imaginative menu. Even our vegetarian diner was happy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFoodExploressDined on 4/4/2014The restaurant is beautiful, relaxing, and sexy. The service was great and pleasant. It was very private and comfortable. The only opportunity I experienced was they don't offer a1 steak sauce only the house steak sauce. I was disappointed about that but everything else was do great I did not let it get me down. I really enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed all of the dishesSherylVIPDined on 4/4/2014We enjoyed all of the dishes we had, from the little warm biscuits to the crab cake & chopped salad starter, to a grill sampler -- which solved our dilemma about whether to order the steak, the tuna, or the shrimp. Everything was simply prepared and very flavorful. Slightly on the expensive side, but the food was very good and the service was friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for the theater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2014The place has good Steaks for reasonable prices. The setting is modern; nothing Special but ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat before a showluv2eatDined on 3/30/2014Great place, good food, friendly service. We ate here before our 3pm Sunday show of Of Mice and Men (excellent play, highly recommend).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its a real findParisnoirVIPDined on 3/29/2014I have been here before and if you are going to a Broadway play or in the Times Square area, this is a quiet wonderful place to go with great customer service and fantastic cuisine. They aim to please and deliver on that aim very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in so many ways!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014We went to E&E Grill House prior to seeing a broadway show - it worked out that the theater was right across the street, and our timing was perfect! The food was delicious & well-portioned; I had the salmon & my partner had the NY strip. We also made sure to save room for dessert - the brownie sundae was amazing! Tables were packed pretty tight, so it got a little noisy with a full house, but we definitely enjoyed ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before a showStaceybDined on 3/27/2014get there between 5-5:530 perfect for pre- theatreI would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was absolutelyBrookDined on 3/21/2014This restaurant was absolutely delicious. My waitress was respectful and offered great service. The food exactly what I wanted. It was a perfect place to go right before a play. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adding to my list of FavoritesMaelyseDined on 3/19/2014This spot was recommended by a Hotel Concierge on a recent visit to Manhattan. Loved it so much I had to go again. If you are a steak lover, you should give it a try. Ribeyes were cooked to perfection. Thick, juicy and flavorful. Sides are tasty and abundent. Service was impeccable. The place was very busy and the staff still found time to be friendly and attentive. This was a preshow dinner and they got us in and out in a timely fashion without making us feel rushed. NY has a lot of restaurants, but I will definitely keep this one on the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadway TreasureBrenVIPDined on 3/18/2014We chose this restaurant because of the proximity to the show we saw. The food was very good and prepared to our specifications. The waitress was very professional and added to our positive dining experience. We would definitely return. We arrived early and they accommodated us without any hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadway after-theatrebixieVIPDined on 3/16/2014Perfect restaurant for an after-theater dinner on Broadway. Very good food in a very nice setting. So covenient to the theatersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretheater4ctpwDined on 3/15/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the theater district before a show and found this one on open table.great location, food was excellent. I had the steak and my husband the tuna. Both cooked well. The prices were reasonable for NYC. The service could have been better. Our food came out before our drinks. Our coffee came out one cup at a time . We really had to rush to the show. We did tell them we were going to show, and they said we would have plenty of time. I would recommend it, but need to improve on the service for a pretheater crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show dinnerDaveODined on 3/15/2014Had a great meal. Food was excellent as was service. My wife and I found this place during 2013 summer restaurant week and we were excited to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bistro in the theater districOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/15/2014This is a perfect bistro if you're heading for the theater. Service was fast and friendly and the food was great.
- pre show diningfoodiendeeDined on 3/14/2014good place to complement your broadway show with a nice meal in a friendly setting with decent food and an acceptable but limited wine and spirit list. The prix fixe will serve you well enuf to satisfy and impress your date before a show and the pleasant staff help to make it an over all nice evening so you can guffaw at the vulgarity of the mormon show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/14/2014Great pre-theater. Excellent location, lovely service, good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantChatchDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I went here before the Theater. The restaurant was lovely, service excellent, and the food top notch. We usually do not eat in the theater district because most of the restaurants are crowded and noisy. This restaurant was low key, and we did not feel rushed. We would certainly go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Su.rprising find!LisaDined on 3/13/2014While in New York City on our anniversary, my husband and I wanted a good steak dinner and didn't want to go to any chain restaurant. We found E&E on Open Table, read the reviews and menu and decided to take a gamble and make a last minute reservation. Our gamble paid off very well. The service was attentive, the food was wonderfully flavored and portions were enough that we shared a dinner plate. The New York Strip was exceptional! If I'm ever in New York again, I will definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.