Primavera Restaurant - Florida
830 East Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Primavera Restaurant - Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primaveraflorida.com/
- Phone: 9545646363
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (October to May) (Closed on Monday June to September) Can open for Lunch for private parties.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomo Dresseno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Primavera Restaurant is available for Charities, Special Events, Parties and Banquets Special Menus can be planned to suit your Needs. The entire Restaurant may be reserved for private functions. Thank you, for considering Chef Giacomo’s Primavera Restaurant for your banquet needs. Primavera Restaurant established and operating at the same location since 1985, centrally located and with ample free parking, we offer an elegant establishment, with professional service and award winning Italian cuisine, an award winning wine list. With very affordable prices. We also offer: In house slide projector, overhead projector and large projection screen. Wireless microphone system
- Entertainment: Group Cooking Classes are available upon request. ALL COOKING CLASSES ARE PRICED AT $40 (Inclusive) PER PERSON, PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF RECIPES YOU WILL BE SERVED A LIGHT MEAL COMPOSED OF THE PREPARED ITEM WITH THE TWO FEATURED WINES BREAD, BUTTER, COFFEE (SODA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST). ALL CLASSES ARE APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS LONG
- Special Events: Banquets menu available from $20 (All inclusive pricing)
A word from Primavera Restaurant - Florida
Established in 1985, Giacomo the executive Chef from 1991 teamed with his wife Melody and acquired ownership of Primavera Restaurant with a goal of maintaining Primavera Restaurant as one of South Florida’s finest dining establishments. Giacomo creates an intriguing combination of old and new world dishes. The Northern Italian cuisine at Primavera is influenced with a style that blends the traditional dishes with a creative twist. The menu at Primavera offers a dining experience that is unique and innovative. Well described Italian dishes are supplemented daily with specialty items. Antipasto trays, homemade pastas, and desserts, combined with a very romantic and confortable setting, attentive service, and an impressive wine list are the trademarks of Primavera that keep patrons returning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primavera Restaurant - Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (3)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- excellent experience overall.foodlover12Dined on 5/27/2012excellent experience overall. Glad we went and will be back.
- Consistantly Excellent andTruluckVIPDined on 5/12/2012Consistantly Excellent and Outstanding, as usual! The service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Restaurant was very welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Restaurant was very welcoming and service was top notch. The food was fresh, well prepared and delicious. We ordered specials and the food was great. The Primavera salad was worth the a la carte price and enough for two.Special Features:
- Food is great, but you don'tSuzyDined on 4/15/2012Food is great, but you don't get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Loved it. It is in a partOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/12/2012Loved it. It is in a part of town that isn't "hot" so unfortunately my guess is that it doesn't get as much attention as it should. The food is fabulous and everyone should rally around them. GO!Special Features:
- The Gnocchi is a MUST HAVE;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012The Gnocchi is a MUST HAVE; little pillows of pasta that melt in your mouth!Special Features:
- DownslideGoodeatsVIPDined on 4/6/2012had been one of our favorites, but has continually gone down hill in service and food quality
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/24/2012I had been to Primavera a few years ago and had an excellent experience. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed in the experience on this visit. The food was just average. Both my dining partner and I ordered entrees which included scallops that were overcooked and rubbery. Also, the restaurant was practically empty on the Saturday night when we were there so it was puzzling as to why it took about an hour to get our food and why the party at the table next to ours was served before us despite having arrived later. Our waiter was pleasant but seemed a bit peeved when we politely expressed dissatisfaction immediately after tasting a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and asked to order something else.
- Service was prompt and courteous.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012Service was prompt and courteous. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal - food was delicious and served hot.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2012How could they be out of and other pasta dishes at 6 pm? Forgot my request for birthday dessert for lhusband. Seemed irked when we showed up. 30 mins early and wanted a glass of wine at the little bar. Service irregular. Food ok not fabulous. The place is pretty. Romantic. But tv blaring. Background music was not Sinatra. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Have been to Primavera manyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Have been to Primavera many times. Mostly for group functions. Every time it has been exceptional and met all my expectations.
- This is one of the top ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/25/2012This is one of the top Italian restaurants in Florida, period. And the prices make it an outstanding bargain. The veal chops and the veal paillard are exceptional.Special Features:
- I had the butternut squashsandykinsDined on 2/23/2012I had the butternut squash ravioli and it was great! The waiter was very attentive and professional. This place is a gem - very clean, nice atmosphere, great place to unwind after a long work week with a fine dinner. Definitely will go there again and again.Special Features:
- Delcious graciously servedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012Delcious graciously served food. Very interesting selection including half portions of home made pasta--perfect for ladies who love pasta and who are watching their weight. Very gracious service. Tables widely spaced and excellent for peaceful conversations. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We enjoyed our Valentine's dinner very much. The Valentine's menu included a great variety of dishes to choose from. We both chose pasta starters: Butternut squash filled ravioli and eggplant parmesan were both delectable. We ate every bite of our entrees: an asparagus-crusted fish and a fettuccine plate and our desserts were divine. I chose the Tiramisu, outstanding. My date chose a fresh fruit plate, so beautiful and fresh and delicious. We will definitely want to repeat this experience.Special Features:
- very nice place needs polishradarjsDined on 1/31/2012very nice place needs polish up on some things.told them i had a reservation never bothered to check or check us in on system, food was good some things side portions were skimpy for italian your suppose to get a full plate. otherwise it is a mid price restaurant.Special Features:
- We had a 7:30 resrvation forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012We had a 7:30 resrvation for 8 people. We arrived 30 minutes early and expected to wait at the bar for the rest of our party. Three were unable to join us which is just as well because the host told us he had a reservation for 6. Really? I showed him the confirm from Open Table for 8 which made no difference to him. He looked at me as though I was speaking another language. We waited at the bar for the rest of our party and had a bottle of wine. The rest arrived at 7:20 and we were a party of 5. At 7:30 I went back to the host and was told our table was still not ready. They were just ordering dessert! Also, it could only seat 6 so how was that to be our table for 8? We did not get seated until 8. Not the way to run a restaurant!
- Great FoodSushiloverDined on 1/28/2012I have been to this restaurant many times, always trying something new. This time I had veal stuffed tortillni - which was good but not great because the red sauce was a bit thick. The appetizer tomato mozzerella with a very mild balsamic dressing was fantastic. Everyone loved the warm rolls and butter. Services a alwyas consistent and wait staff friendly. On the down side dessert is usually inconstant and they tend to make the red sauce a little thick and spicy here.Special Features:
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012Great food, great service, good prices. Staff is attentive while letting you socialize over a glass of wine, not rushing you out the door. Will go back soonSpecial Features:
- We were 14 for dinner forFoodloverVIPDined on 1/21/2012We were 14 for dinner for my husband's 75th birthday. Although I am usually reluctant to take a pre-fixed menu, I thought with a crowd that large it would be better to limit the choices so I chose the banquet menu with the wine and beer included. The entree choices were extensive, the wine choices were good and they made a special celebration St. Honore cake that was excellent. Even though it was a Saturday evening and crowded (they also had a special function in the private room) the service was excellent. Our waiter was very accomodating and the whole evening was perfect.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2012I have lived in the area 9 years and have never been to Primavera.What a mistake that was! The menue is basic good old fashion Italiean cooking.Not "artsy food that nobody has ever eaten".The food is GREAT!! Among my group we had chicken and veal both ere cooked to perfection and melted like butter in your mouth.We had great service also.I can't wait to go back.it's location is a little off the beaten path,but well worth looking for.Special Features:
- TYpically, the good is consistentGoodeatsVIPDined on 1/5/2012TYpically, the good is consistent here.. but in this case, both the appetizer and the entry was really bad. The restaurant made good, not the issue,but simple dishes were not prepared well, over cooked .Special Features:
- A Little Bit of Italy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2011Although kind of hidden in a strip mall setting which is at a 90 degree angle to the main road, Primavera is a great find! The cooking is very true to the "first generation Italian" style which we New Englanders have become accustomed to. For some reason, Florida is NOT the place to go for authentic Italian (or Chinese, for that matter) food, but Primavera rises above that stigma, and serves great quality, real Italian cuisine. We enjoyed it very much!!Special Features:
- Excellent service. MultipleSherVIPDined on 12/2/2011Excellent service. Multiple servers worked our table so we never had to hunt someone down for anything. The food is top quality and fresh.
- Primavera has been aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2011Primavera has been around for many years and for good reason. The menu is varied, the food is prepared to expectation and the service is very good. As expected, the pasta appetizer of ricotta and spinach was melt in your mouth delicious. The calamari was OK. The entree of chicken with thinly sliced tomato and eggplant with white wine sauce was excellent. Penne pasta with chicken in a light vodka sauce was very good. Portion was big enough to enjoy for lunch the next day. The service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- The menu sounds good and theyLloydDined on 11/4/2011The menu sounds good and they have very reasonable early bird pricing, but the food tastes and looks bland. A big disappointment, especially knowing the history of the restaurant and chef.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2011I'm usually weary of places recommended in tourist guides, but this was a shining exception. Excellent meal, friendly service, nice ambiance, and, although the place was full, the noise was not bothersome. My wife and I really liked it. One caveat: the meal will not come to your table at the breakneck speed of chain restaurants. We were there for almost 2 1/2 hours, which we loved. We go to restaurants to not only enjoy the food, but also the wine, conversation, company. If you like fast food/service, don't bother.Special Features:
- We did the Dine Out Fort LauderdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2011We did the Dine Out Fort Lauderdale SOOO worth it!! The food was wonderful! I can not wait to go back.Special Features:
- Went for Dine Out Fort Lauderdale.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/14/2011Went for Dine Out Fort Lauderdale. Wine was included which was a good deal. However, many items on the Dine Out Menu were not available even though it was early in the evening. No Chianti even though it was a choice on the menu, they should have substituted a different brand. Went for the Scallops, which we had read about, but not available along with a couple of other entrees. Apps and entrees were good, sea bass was very good. Several of the desserts weren't available. Dessert was just so so. Cheesecake was over cooked and very dry and hard on the bottom. Service was very good. Waiter was very apologetic and was very attentive and accommodating. Overall it is a quiet nice little neighborhood Italian spot.Special Features:
- The food was very good andFoodieVIPDined on 10/14/2011The food was very good and so was the service. The menu is very broad and the portions were ample, not overwhelming. Great value.Special Features:
- I had not eaten here in manyjfs226VIPDined on 10/9/2011I had not eaten here in many years. Found it to be quite disappointing.Waiter had a very poor attitude.
- One member of my group hasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2011One member of my group has to have gluten-free food. This restaurant has, on several occasions, been able to comply and deliver excellent and delicious meals even with the necessary substitutions (not easy--restaurants must know what they are doing and be prepared to do it). All that, and with a "certainly we can" polite, helpful attitude from all staff so that the group member never feels as if he is asking for the impossible, which is often quietly conveyed at other restaurants. That is but another reason to keep returning to Primavera.Special Features: