Primavera Restaurant - Florida
830 East Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Primavera Restaurant - Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.primaveraflorida.com/
- Phone: 9545646363
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (October to May) (Closed on Monday June to September) Can open for Lunch for private parties.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomo Dresseno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Primavera Restaurant is available for Charities, Special Events, Parties and Banquets Special Menus can be planned to suit your Needs. The entire Restaurant may be reserved for private functions. Thank you, for considering Chef Giacomo’s Primavera Restaurant for your banquet needs. Primavera Restaurant established and operating at the same location since 1985, centrally located and with ample free parking, we offer an elegant establishment, with professional service and award winning Italian cuisine, an award winning wine list. With very affordable prices. We also offer: In house slide projector, overhead projector and large projection screen. Wireless microphone system
- Entertainment: Group Cooking Classes are available upon request. ALL COOKING CLASSES ARE PRICED AT $40 (Inclusive) PER PERSON, PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF RECIPES YOU WILL BE SERVED A LIGHT MEAL COMPOSED OF THE PREPARED ITEM WITH THE TWO FEATURED WINES BREAD, BUTTER, COFFEE (SODA AVAILABLE ON REQUEST). ALL CLASSES ARE APPROXIMATELY 2 HOURS LONG
- Special Events: Banquets menu available from $20 (All inclusive pricing)
A word from Primavera Restaurant - Florida
Established in 1985, Giacomo the executive Chef from 1991 teamed with his wife Melody and acquired ownership of Primavera Restaurant with a goal of maintaining Primavera Restaurant as one of South Florida’s finest dining establishments. Giacomo creates an intriguing combination of old and new world dishes. The Northern Italian cuisine at Primavera is influenced with a style that blends the traditional dishes with a creative twist. The menu at Primavera offers a dining experience that is unique and innovative. Well described Italian dishes are supplemented daily with specialty items. Antipasto trays, homemade pastas, and desserts, combined with a very romantic and confortable setting, attentive service, and an impressive wine list are the trademarks of Primavera that keep patrons returning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Primavera Restaurant - Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelQuiet
notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)Show More
- I have never had a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2013I have never had a bad meal at Primavera and the service is greatSpecial Features:
- This place is the worst ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013The worst service ever! We sat at our table for 30 minutes before the rude waiter came over and acted like he was doing us a favor by waiting on us. When we stated we have been sitting here for 30 minutes the rude waiter got even ruder and never apologized for the poor service or lack of service. Took our drink order we and asked for bread, he said the bread is in the oven. 20 minutes later still no bread, when we asked the rude waiter again he said "its in the oven" We had to ask the owner to get us bread. The restaurant was not even busy. The waiter should find a new career because he had to be the worst waiter in the world!!!!! I highly recommend that you avoid this place!!!!!
- A pleasant surpriseKarentheArchitectDined on 3/15/2013We were a little skeptical when we first got to the restaurant because it looked like somewhere my grandparents would eat but it turned out to be a very good affordable one. The wine list was full of very inexpensive (restaurant prices) choices and we hit it on a half price day. My scallops were done perfectly and my husband's meal was also very tasty and well prepared. We would definitely recommend it to out friends.Special Features:
- Horrible experience from theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2013Horrible experience from the moment we walked through the door. Our reservation was not accepted. We were told the restaurant was full although there was no one there. They seated us, poured water and did not return for over 20 minutes. We left and had pizza at Primanti Bros... Over dressed but full.
- Very nice decor with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013Very nice decor with excellent attentive staff. Extensive menu with many choices and specials. Nice portions,well prepared and well presented entrees. We went there prior to the Broward Center play and it was very convenient with a 6 pm reservation. Overall we were very pleasantly impressed and definitely plan on returning.Special Features:
- It was adequate but not exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2013It was adequate but not exceptional. The food was good but not for gourmets.Special Features:
- I sometimes feel that thisDmleatVIPDined on 3/1/2013I sometimes feel that this small restaurant was created just for me to bring friends, first dates, even business people because of the quiet intimacy of the place, the quality of the food and the gentle service provided. This time I met a new friend and we started getting to know one another at 6:30pm and closed the restuarant around 10:30pm - we were never rushed or bothered in any way - we felt that we had the room to ourselves. The waitstaff were there when needed - otherwise we were left alone to enjoy each other over an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- We enjoyed another lovelyRodneyVIPDined on 2/17/2013We enjoyed another lovely evening with excellent food and excellent service. Gelton our server always makes us feel very welcome and special. He truly is one of the best servers and a true gentleman. Primavera's Chef does the best veal dishes in FLL and on this most recent visit the Pork Tenderloin was superb! You won't be disappointed try this excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Have never had a bad mealDmleatVIPDined on 2/15/2013Have never had a bad meal here - good cooking - quiet atmosphere - pleasant surroundings - waiters accomodating wanting you to have a good experience. Not much to dislike about this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- We were a group of 14, everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013We were a group of 14, everyone loved the food, service, and ambiance. I plan to return for a 'just the two of us' night.Special Features:
- Don't miss this great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2013Excellant! Definitely recommend! We loved it and would go back again. Excellant quality, great flavors and good portions. Moderately priced too. Varied menu too. It was one of the best meals that we had in Florida!!Special Features:
- Good food at Good PricesRxbocaDined on 1/31/2013Everything was good, no, great, The food, the service, everything Been here before and will be here again. Too bad we don't live closerSpecial Features:
- Good food, nice service--weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013Good food, nice service--we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent service, quiet ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Excellent service, quiet ambiance, top-notch cuisine.Special Features:
- We had another very enjoyableRodneyVIPDined on 12/30/2012We had another very enjoyable dinner at this lovely restaurant in Wilton Manors. We truly appreciate Gelton for his very fine service. Primavera has some of the best veal dishes in the FLL area. If you haven't tried this restaurant you definitely should.Special Features:
- Good food but...TheConstantDinerVIPDined on 12/28/2012I really hate to write this because the food was very good, but we found the restaurant so depressing that we will probably not go back. The old "glory' days of this place have come and gone and the atmosphere leaves you wondering why someone just doesn't fix it up. Also, while our waiter was fine, the waiter at one table next to us had a fight with his customers and then the waiter on the other side of us ignored his table for 15 minutes and when questioned about it, he had a "fit" and stormed away. Also, alcoholic beverages, while inexpensive, are MEASURED shots and are served in glasses that should be holding twice as much liquor leaving the bar looking cheap by serving skimpy drinks. Primavera's only asset is its food
- Delicious Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012We decided to come here for dinner on Christmas Eve night. The Food was great and service was very good as well. Location is not the best but lasagna and penne ala vodka definetly makes up for it. Make sure u also try the soffiatelli as a starter, it's absolutely delicious!! I will be making my way back there soon.Special Features:
- Have been eating here forGMarkDined on 12/24/2012Have been eating here for over 20 years and once again had a really great meal with excellent professional service. Most of all what many restaurants lack is timing between courses but Primavera nails it perfectly!!!Special Features:
- OK food, expensive, small portionsCaptainKirkVIPDined on 12/22/2012The food is very very expensive. The portions are very very small. If you have any kind of appetite you would need to order 3 dinners. The food quality was barely OK. Actual the best part was the bread at the beginnings. The service was very slow and inattentive. You can find much better restaurants at a much more reasonable cost. I really don't know how they stay in business.
- This place is awesome. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2012This place is awesome. Great food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Food was very good, timingJeffSDined on 12/8/2012Food was very good, timing in the kitchen, however, was way off. Took far too long to get the appetizers (30+ minutes for soup/salad), then main courses seemed rushed. Vegetables were brought out separately from the main course because they were not yet done. We'd be willing to give this another shot, but we were a bit disappointed.
- What a treat to find suchLindaTDined on 12/8/2012What a treat to find such wonderful food, service and ambiance right in the neighborhood. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- This place is a hidden gem,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2012This place is a hidden gem, I really enjoyed my experience here and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Best veal dishes in FLLRodneyVIPDined on 10/28/2012Primavera has the best veal dishes in Ft Lauderdale. The decor is very clean and beautifully illuminated. The servers are very professional and know just what to do to please the customers. This is truly a gem of a restaurant. One important thing they need to do is advertise in the newspaper and other publications. One other thing they could do is have 2 for 1 drinks and buy one get one dinners. A volume business is sometimes the only way to survive in this economy.Special Features:
- What a Find!!!TGIFDined on 10/27/2012My wife and I tried this restaurant as part of the Dine Out Fork Lauderdale event, in which the restaurants offer a three course meal for $39.00 a person. We always love these events like MiamiSpice and this for the opportunity to try new places, but have often found some of the restaurants give very tiny portions and make everything a la cart. Not here!! Primavera offered a complimentary bottle of wine with our meal and gave full size portions, almost too much to eat, but too good to leave any. All the food from our appetizers, main course and dessert were excellent! We will return.Special Features:
- We chose this restaurant fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012We chose this restaurant from the list of Ft Lauderdale dine out due to the extentave menu and no black out days. This restaurant was amazing. We were seating immediately and served 2 bottles of wine, 1 for each couple. The food was so good. What a wonderful experience,Special Features:
- Nice independent restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2012Nice independent restaurant, needs to be renovated. Great food and service. Amazing banana stuffed with chocolate for dessert. The restaurant is one that your grandparents would take you to while you are visiting them.Special Features:
- Phenomenal little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012I feel so lucky to live so close to this fabulous gem. I am from the San Francisco Bay Area and was spoiled growing up with the finest restaurants at my fingertips. I was pretty disappointed when I moved to Florida. Well Primavera has given me hope! Not only is the food absolutely delectable, but the service is personal and phenomenal. Everything is made to order here. I haven't had veal piccata prepared so perfectly in years. To top it off the prices are very reasonable. You don't have to pay $10.00 - $12.00 for an average glass of wine. Here you can get a better wine for under that. Visit Primavera today, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant. ItDonnaMDined on 8/12/2012Loved this restaurant. It was our first time there and will definitely go back. The food and service were excellent!Special Features:
- HORRIBLE!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2012This is literally THE worst food I've ever had. After 1 bite I couldn't eat anymore. There was absolutely no flavor at all. I felt like I was eating the cloth napkin. The service was terrible. I used a certificate & the waiter had the nerve to take his tip out of the cash I gave him to cover the rest of the bill. HOW RUDE!!!
- Don't go there!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2012This has been one of the worst dining experience we have ever had. Don't waste your money or your time. They might have a Zagat rating from 2008 but i think they all forgot about that. As you walk in it looks, feels and smells as if you walked to a doctor's office waiting room. There is a bar that no one tend. servers are rude, food is poor and prices are high! will never ever go there again!
- Very pleasant surprise inOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2012Very pleasant surprise in a neighborhood place. Northern Italian/Continental. Bistro atmosphere--informal yet there's no cutting corners on your meal.Special Features:
- PRIMO Primavera1DivaVIPDined on 7/28/2012Primavera has EXQUISITE food. My companion and I shared two entrees that were spectacular. We had a cod arraganata, which was SPECTACULAR, and the most "melt in your mouth" veal parmagiana,--- imaginable. We each had their salad, with hearts of palm, which began our excellent dinner on a very positive note. I enjoyed the restaurant so MUCH, that I am returning there, for dinner again, this coming Friday evening. The ambiance was very refined and relaxing. I heartily recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- I've eaten at Primavera manyDmleatVIPDined on 7/27/2012I've eaten at Primavera many times - each visit reassures me that this is a chef who knows what he is doing and steadily delivers. This is a perfect restaurant to enjoy good food and it is quiet enough to have a conversation with a friend or a person that you are seriously dating.Special Features:
- read a few poor reviews onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012read a few poor reviews on Yelp but decided to give it a try anyway. Was I glad I did, the whole experience was fantastic...the scallops topped with crab meat were done just right, my wife's Monkfish was outstanding. the servers gave us just enough time between courses to enjoy experence to the fullestSpecial Features:
- Very good, classsic italianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2012Very good, classsic italian food! A menu with lots of choices. Tucked away in a strip mall it can be a little hard to find from the street. We visited this place a while back during season and it was very busy. In the summer it was low key and calm. They had a summer special if you order before 7 and we both had a tomato mozzerella salad and veal parm. Salad was OK and they veal parm was excellent. We also had the fried calamari which was good. Nice place and we will visit again!Special Features:
- MangaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2012Outstanding food preperation and execution, most well done italian I have had in years.
- Everything was wonderful exceptDebraVIPDined on 6/23/2012Everything was wonderful except for the fact that they use entirely too much salt in every dish!Special Features:
- The food at this small neighborhoodDmleatVIPDined on 6/6/2012The food at this small neighborhood restaurant is beautifully prepared and is probably the best Northern Italian food in the area.Special Features:
- ho humVIPfoodyVIPDined on 5/29/2012Populare with locals, Primavera serves wholesome Italian fayre. We didn't get a great table, and the service perfunctory - as usual in Florida, as the server takes the entree plate, he immediately asks about wanting dessert, when perhaps a 10 minute breather might help - when we declined the bill was on table immeditely - you've eaten, so now go? Adding an automatic 20% service charge is not the way to get a customer to return