Twigs Bistro - Wandermere
401 E. Farwell
Spokane, WA 99218Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Twigs Bistro - Wandermere
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twigsbistro.com/
- Phone: 5094658794
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm.
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Brian Hartnett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us make your event truly special If you're looking for that unique place to have a party, wedding reception, business dinner, private function – or just drinks with friends after work – Twigs can make any event a memory to cherish. On and off site catering is available. Please contact a manager for more information and booking.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us make your event truly special. If you're looking for that unique place to have a party, wedding reception, business dinner, private function – or just drinks with friends after work – Twigs can make any event a memory to cherish.
- Private Party Contact: Doug Truitt 5094658794
A word from Twigs Bistro - Wandermere
Prepare for a unique dining experience that is casual yet memorable. Visit Twigs and you will experience the perfect ambiance, making for a warm and inviting atmosphere. Food will tantalize a variety of palates. Experience your meal with one of our 36 Signature Martinis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Twigs Bistro - Wandermere - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Twigs Bistro - Wandermere reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (17)special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)scenic view (8)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- we17we17Dined on 8/9/2013The food was nicely presented, flavorful and delicious. Each one of us enjoyed the entry we chose, and the most popular was the steak. The salads were excellent, fresh and satisfying. The children enjoyed their choices from the children's menu also. The dessert menu provided a nice variety, something for every taste and were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Librarians Lunch on DeckOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2013Our retired school librarians group wanted to go to an outdoor venue for our July luncheon and Twigs Wndermere was the ticket! Even though the day was a hot 90 degree day, it was still cool on the deck. Our server, Brittany, was terrific. The food was superb, as usual, and we all had a wonderful time. Having gone to Twigs on S. Regal for several years I know we'd have a great time and, of course, we did. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great nightaznhottchikDined on 7/21/2013It was a wonderful night. The servers were quick and helpful. The evening was very enjoyable. And the food is to die for. Their martinis are their specialty and they did not disappoint. Very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereElKayDined on 7/2/2013The food is wonderful and the services is great. Their signature fries are the best I have ever had. They have a beautiful outdoor patio that overlooks a large pond with fountains. This is a perfect place for a special occasion or just a casual dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy loudBekahDined on 6/22/2013The interior is insanely loud. Like you can't hear the person sitting next to you loud. Like cafeteria loud. Eat on the patio. Enjoy the water and the fire pits, and not go deaf.Special Features:
- Our overall experience wasanldinerDined on 6/13/2013Our overall experience was very good. The food, the character of the space and the general atmosphere were very enjoyable. We had a trainee helping wait our table so I have to assume that is why the service at times was a little slower than I would have expected. The only other negative was that we were seated at a table where my daughter and I had the sun glaring in on us through most of the evening until it moved behind a building. Some additional sun control for that time of day would make the experience much more pleasant.Special Features:
- Great Date NightfoodandfunDined on 6/9/2013I brought my girlfriend to celebrate our one year mark, the food was divine, the location and atmosphere is amazing; my only down fall is I didn't get desert and thus I did not leave full. depending on what you get portions may be small. Great place for a social or romantic gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My main concern was that whenHugoDined on 5/27/2013My main concern was that when we arrived we were told that there was no record of our reservation. I had made it online and even received a confirmation. The hostess told me that I probably made it for a different restaurant, or made an error but I am positive that was not the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need better seatingColbertalDined on 5/24/2013Great restaurant with great food and cocktails. Excellent service. However, was not happy with the seating we received. Had out of town guests, party of 6, made reservations well in advance, but we're seated in the very back of the "overflow room". Much like eating in the school cafeteria. Guest were not impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableMike636Dined on 5/18/2013Dinner with friends turned out very nice. First visit and we were very pleased. Food was great and prices were very reasonable.we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy eveningBrianDined on 5/18/2013The food was outstanding as was the service. There were many large events in Spokane on this weekend (college graduations, HS proms, Lilac Festival) and the staffing level reflected a well prepared service. That said, the noise level was somewhat distracting to my party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DateMrNonPromDined on 5/11/2013I was able to secure an outdoor seat for a first date that went exceptionally well. It was a "non-prom," so it was important that everything went well and it did. The atmosphere was great, fun, and not to fancy nor too casual. Our waitress was incredible, and even signed our boxes "His" and "Hers," which I thought was a thoughtful touch. Highly recommend it here.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. WeAnneVIPDined on 4/20/2013The food was wonderful. We had a very diverse group and everyone found something they liked. Will return again.Special Features:
- Being new to the area we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Being new to the area we have been exploring a favorite place to eat. We found it at Twigs. We ordered the crab & artichoke appetizer, yum! The fish and chips were excellent, loved the tartar sauce! The steak sandwich was tender and tasty. Our server was fast, friendly and responsive to our requests. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great steakgclbVIPDined on 2/28/2013This was the best prepared steak I have had n a very long time.Special Features:
- Very accomodating, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Very accomodating, good service from friendly young staff. Food is very good.Special Features:
- TOP NOTCH ALL AROUNDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Good quality food for a very reasonable price. We were given a quiet room all to ourselves for our party of 14 (Christmas gathering). The service was over the top. They even gathered and disposed of our Christmas wrapping paper. The location has a beautiful pond with fountains and waterfalls.Special Features:
- Delivers American Bistro ..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Delivers American Bistro .. Casual dining, nicely done with enough menu options for intergenerational family group. Ability to make Open Table reservations a definite plus.Special Features:
- I was glad that I could celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012I was glad that I could celebrate my sister's birthday here! It was a youthful, vibrant scene with food to match!Special Features:
- Lunch - Music very LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2012Lunch - have always found the food good there.However I will probably will not go back.The music was way too loud - no way to get away from it. The waitress said it would be turned down and agreed it was very loud. It never was.I also do not like the approach of someone beside the waiter/waitress bring our ordered food out - potential for a big disconnect there - if you are going to do it that way at the very least the waiter/waitress should accompany the delivery of the food to the table.Anyway - sorryfully - I shall not be going back. The one on Nevada will be my preferred choice.
- The only draw back was weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012The only draw back was we all ordered a liquor coffee drinks and then wanted the cup filled with regular coffee - which they did but it was luke warm.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012The food was excellent, but the service was lacking. Caleb, our waiter, was not very attentive---forgot an order of wine, was slow to fill the water glasses and took forever to pay the bill. Having been to Twigs many times, this experience was a let-down.Special Features:
- Main menu has very good choices.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2012Main menu has very good choices. Mixed drinks are weak on the alcohol. Desserts are outstanding. The place is a nice venue for taking out of town guests. Seats are too low for the table tops....makes you feel like you are eating right off the table.Special Features:
- Food was ok. Kids liked theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Food was ok. Kids liked the dessert. Happy hour prices were great and hard to beat. Server didn't seem to like us too much.Special Features:
- It was lovely, food excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012It was lovely, food excellent, waiter very nice however he was the only one on and it was a bit busy which caused some slow service just at the beginning. Had to go get my own high chair as they kept forgetting. I had included that in my reservation as well. Other than that minor frustration, it was a lovely experience.Special Features:
- We had a great time their,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012We had a great time their, I couldn't have asked for a better service. Thank you for making it a experience to remember.Special Features:
- Service and Dinner lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2012Went for our 20th anniversary. Nothing spectacular in service. Waitress forgot to fill me water a few times. Another waitress tried to serve us a desert and it wasn't ours but the next table overs. She seemed confused. It was very slow-Tues 7pm. The lounge/bar area we went to first and the bar tender was great. Nice and accommodating. Other than that wasn't the high end restaurant I was expecting; for service and food. Nice looking and liked the patio maybe for lunch but dinner. Entree's didn't include a dinner salad. My entree & husbands had no vegi either.So at least the had the option $ of adding soup or a salad which is a must since the entree is only half the meal. A little disappointed, but at least I know* not for special occasions.Special Features:
- Awesome appetizers and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012Awesome appetizers and food was delicious. Never disappointed eating at Twigs Wandermere location.Special Features:
- We have been to this TwigsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/4/2012We have been to this Twigs several times and have always found it delightful. However, we were disappointed at the reception we received on this occasion. The hostess was not very friendly and the wait staff seemed to be over-worked. Although our server was somewhat friendly, he always seemed to be in a hurry while attending to us. We definitely felt as though the other customers were of more importance. It may have been that the least experienced wait staff was on duty that particular evening. But we didn't feel very welcome at the restaurant that evening, Sorry.Special Features:
- We ate outside on their patioptompk2Dined on 6/30/2012We ate outside on their patio and just enjoyed everything - food, service, and ambiance down by the water - saw a marmot and ducks. Beautiful Saturday afternoon.Special Features:
- Twig's at Wandermere is ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Twig's at Wandermere is our very favorite place to go, whether it's just for a quick lunch or an evening with friends for dinner or wine and conversation! You can always depend on great food and atmosphere for any occasion.Special Features:
- We got very poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We got very poor service. Took an hour for them to actually take our order. Didn't ask if we wanted drink refills. Felt very abandoned. Food was okay. When we got our bill, we had an 18% gratuity added because we had 8 people. I wouldn't have given any gratuity as the service didn't warrant it. We were very disappointed to have this experience at a place that we have always enjoyed. We were celebrating a college graduation for our daughter and it was a real let down!!Special Features:
- It doesn't get any better!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2012We have eaten at Wandermere Twigs several times in the last 4 years while our daughter has attended Whitworth. We thought it only fitting to have her graduation celebration dinner at Twigs. It was a perfect evening, perfect food, perfect service ... perfect. We recommend Wandermere Twigs every chance we get ... the best kind of advertising is word-of-mouth!!!Special Features:
- Lovely outdoor dining experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Lovely outdoor dining experience, and the best service. Very good food and awesome desserts!Special Features:
- The menu selections were soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2012The menu selections were so good last time we ordered it again.Special Features:
- Our menu selections were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2012Our menu selections were very good, properly prepared and served in a timely manner. We'll be back again. Very tasty and proportions were appropriate. Good job by all!Special Features:
- We had a great Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We had a great Easter brunch at Twigs - fantastic assortment of good food plus you could order an omelet or eggs benedict from the kitchen. Much better than a long line at an omelet stand as at most brunches. Service was great, very friendly and welcoming. It's our third year to have Easter brunch at Twigs and we'll be back next year for sure.Special Features:
- This was our second year havingJDubDined on 4/8/2012This was our second year having Easter brunch at Twigs. Love the food and atmosphere. We frequently have Sunday breakfast in the bar and love dinners on the patio in summer.Special Features:
- It was great! Food portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012It was great! Food portions were small but really good. It was energetic and fun. Not a really romantic place; maybe more so out on the patio at sunset, but inside it was too open, bright and noisy. It was more of a fun place than a romantic spot. I definitely enjoyed the experience though. And our waitress was amazing! Super friendly, open, informative and timely :)Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I went toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012My boyfriend and I went to Twigs to celebrate our one year anniversary. My boyfriend has never been there, and I haven't been there in over a year. We arrived at 6:20, had reservations for 6:30, and was seated right away. We both ordered the black and blue steak,asked for the steak to be cooked medium rare, and requested a garden salad. The salad was okay, not a lot of dressing. We did not get our dinner till 10 after 7, the steaks were both cooked medium and were burnt in a couple of spots. My boyfriend asked for a second glass of water, and it took more than 10 minutes to get a refill. My boyfriend and I will not be going back there. Service means everything. It's a shame that Twigs has gone down hill.