Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
25 East E St.
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatsolace.com/
- Phone: 7607532433x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch on Saturday: 10:30am - 3:30pm and Sunday 9:30am to 3pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matt Gordon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Sunday evening entertainment in the lounge. Please see our website for details.
A word from Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is situated in Pacific Station, a LEED silver certified mixed use project in the heart of downtown Encinitas. Just off of historic Highway 101 and near Moonlight Beach, we bring our creative blend of classic and modern American Cuisine to Coastal North County San DiegoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (22)special occasion (21)great for lunch (18)good for groups (16)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (12)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- Not great for big groups orOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2011Not great for big groups or maybe it was just the weird table we were at. We had a group of 8 for my birthday and we were sat at four two tops that are postitioned awkwardly around an architectural piece. It is an energetic restaurant so it was really hard to hear from opposite sides of the table and felt like we were all at different tables. Service was also rather slow. The food however was great and our waitress was extremely friendly.Special Features:
- If you're looking for a livelygr8foodieVIPDined on 10/1/2011If you're looking for a lively vibe and outrageously delicious food with attentive service at reasonable prices, this is the place. We dined here for the first time last night and all expectations were exceeded. Can't wait to go back. We asked to eat on the upstairs outdoor deck, but they were not able to accommodate us; however, we had a perfectly lovely dinner in the lower level indoor dining area!Special Features:
- We made a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2011We made a reservation for seven PM, we actually been seated at eight. After dinner waiter asked 18% tips because of reservation for six people.
- Pat H.PatHDined on 9/26/2011We live in the area so it's nice to have a trendy, new restaurant in the neighborhood. I had the lemon & salt crusted jidori chicken and it was as moist and flavorful as our server described. Not too salty, not too lemony...just a hint. Service was very friendly. We ate on the upstairs patio around 5:30 so it was quiet, the sun was setting, and the mood was relaxed. A little pricey but worth going to for a special occasion.Special Features:
- FINALLY getting GREAT foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/24/2011FINALLY getting GREAT food in North County San Diego!Special Features:
- The new Solace continues withMissTDined on 9/22/2011The new Solace continues with the good food as offered at the San Diego location. This was our first visit to the Encinitas location. The other diners/bar customers were in high spirits, maybe a tad loud, but happy. We're extremely happy Solace has come to Encinitas, but will pick a quieter time for our next visit. We're local and have the option to drop in during off hours and have the food we really like.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/21/2011Had a wonderful experience (on an early Wed night) from start to finish. Our waitress was attentive, knowledgable, informative and had a great table-side manner and the manager stopped by at least 3 times. Food was excellent - fresh, unique choices served in a creative manner. We sat downstairs in Solace but will try upstairs next time. Delicious salads, burgers and fish. And the coconut cake was the best restaurant dessert in ages.Special Features:
- Great menu selections, generousDebbieDined on 9/10/2011Great menu selections, generous portions and attentive service. I would select this new restaurant over Urban Solace.Special Features:
- Great first visit to thislocalsDined on 9/4/2011Great first visit to this new Encinitas restaurant. We asked to be seated upstairs, which has a better feel. We lucked out getting outdoor seating watching the sun setting. Who ever heard of beef cheeks, but I tried it and loved it.Special Features:
- Solace & The Moonlight LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Solace & The Moonlight Lounge was well worth the wait. Glad to see they finally got it opened up here in North County. The food was delicious, the wine was reasonably priced and the service was excellent too. Look forward to going back soon!Special Features:
- Happiness in North CountySDBcruiseVIPDined on 9/3/2011We're SOOOOOOO happy that Solace came to N. County!!! Thank you Matt!!Special Features:
- The portions are unbelievablyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2011The portions are unbelievably small. And it is, therefore, way overpriced.
- Modern comfort food in downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Modern comfort food in downtown Encinitas where from start to finish from appetizers, entrees to dessert were well done for us. Service was great at describing the dishes and differences.Special Features:
- short and sweet - food average,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2011short and sweet - food average, portions small, service friendly but not attentive. Nothing special.
- Pretty good spot. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/2/2011Pretty good spot. Service a little off, but servers were very nice. Outside tables too small for dining. Cocktails at Union, down the street, are the same price, and twice as big. View of the air conditioners on the roof next door, not a plus for outside vibe.Special Features:
- Watermelon salad was outstanding BOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2011Watermelon salad was outstanding Black bass was only ok. glaze was not evident. Pork belly was good, a little too big a piece. desert shortbread was excellent Crab brick was not particularly great. Seemed like a fried spring roll with some crab tasting filler. Will be back for smaller dishes and drinks.Special Features:
- We made a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2011We made a reservation for 5:30 because I had read reviews about the place being very busy since it was new. We were the only ones seating in the dining area. There were a couple of people in the lounge. The servers and bartenders were outstanding. Genuine customer service! SO hard to find these days. Food was excellent. The staff was more than willing to provide more bread for the cheese plate and ricotta fondue. Delicious!Special Features:
- Food was good. Would totallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2011Food was good. Would totally recommend. Problems: waiter never around! Seats not so comfy.Special Features:
- Restaurant was completelyBarbaraVIPDined on 8/28/2011Restaurant was completely empty when we arrived at 7:15pm - one or two tables had diners at them - all others were empty. Hostess seated our party of 4 at a tiny table tucked into a back corner of the restaurant - very uncomfortable. When we requested that they move us to another table, the 2 hostesses told us they didn't know if they had anything available! They ended up "finding" another table for us (which wasn't too difficult). Within 30 minutes of arriving, the entire restaurant was empty. The only diners were those who were upstairs in the bar/lounge. That being said, food was good and our waitress was wonderful. Just not a pleasant experience to be the sole diners in the entire restaurant at peak dinner time.
- It is great to see SolaceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/27/2011It is great to see Solace in North County. The farm fresh, interesting, flavorful, but always "comfortable' style menu adds a new dimension of choice to the encinitas landscape. The service was very friendly and accommodating. We ate downstairs in the restaurant, but the bar area upstairs with its large central shared table looks like great fun too. Decor is modern - glass, steel, wood, and stone - but the spaces are vibrant and warm. The bar menu from drinks to wine is eclectic and interesting. We had the halibut (exceptional) and beef cheeks (extremely good).Special Features:
- A bit too cozy, but GREAT food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011Food was fabulous. Service was great. My only disappointment was that the tables were too close together. I am a small person and yet had to move our table to the side just to squeeze in and out of my spot. The couples on either side of me had to do the same thing. It seemed like our bank of tables was the tightest, so when I go back I will request a different table. And go back I shall as the sea bass was to die for and the ricotta fondue was heavenly.Special Features:
- Salads and biscuits were veryQCommVIPDined on 8/27/2011Salads and biscuits were very good. Rib-eye was not very good...it was siced into small pieces, and mushed up with mashed yams and green beans. Proximity of meat and other items created "mush on a plate". Jidori chicken was good. Good wine list with reasobaly priced wines. Most patrons ordered burgers which looked very good. Two top tables on some what small.
- Great service, ambiance, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2011Great service, ambiance, and food! We sat downstairs and enjoyed our dinner at a leisurely pace. Upstairs sounded very lively and we were told that service there is a little more fast paced. Overall, it was a fun unique restaurant and i would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. Highlymmm3Dined on 8/20/2011Food was excellent. Highly recommend the burgers both veggie and non veggie. Rib eye was just average but the mashed sweet potatoes were great. The coconut cake was divine. Probably the best thing I have ever eaten in my life. I would come back just for the cake alone. Service was great. Our waitress was very attentive. Great ambiance and a wonderful experience. Will definitely be coming back!!!Special Features:
- Welcome to the neighborhood!AmyagDined on 8/19/2011We sat in the upstairs lounge and enjoyed cocktails and dinner. Loved the variety of choices on the menu. The servers were fantastic - friendly, helpful, energetic. The oyster stew is a bargain at $5.50 and was wonderful. We spent 3 hours eating and drinking and enjoying the evening.Special Features:
- extraordinarytallsharonDined on 8/19/2011i'd been waiting for it to open, pork belly, the biscuits I heard so much about, the ricotta fondue, the burger, the grilled cheese. Jeff the manager, perfect. Two martinis, 4 wines (i was with 2 friends) and a bill that was so reasonable we thought they'd left something off. Just finished up the pork belly for dinner tonite, yum. So impressed at the decor, the lounge area is giant and the place is much larger than it looks from the outside. May of the servers were newbees, but you'd never know it. Fully staffed, very enthusiastic, friendly helpful staff, and the fastest service i've seen in years. food coming out of the kitchen at recordSpecial Features:
- Finally open and so happy!RastrattonDined on 8/17/2011My husband and I are so excited that Solace & The Moonlight Lounge are now open as we have enjoyed their North Park location. The build out is beautiful and sustainably minded with plenty of indoor/outdoor seating. We were seated on the street level and next time will request upstairs as it seems more energetic and we are interested in trying the raw bar. They have an excellent wine/beer list with seasonal cocktails. We started with the bib lettuce salad that was tasty and then the salmon had excellent flavors paired nicely with asparagus and farro. We are ready for brunch at this location too!Special Features: