Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
25 East E St.
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatsolace.com/
- Phone: 7607532433x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Brunch on Saturday: 10:30am - 3:30pm and Sunday 9:30am to 3pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matt Gordon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Sunday evening entertainment in the lounge. Please see our website for details.
A word from Solace & The Moonlight Lounge
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge is situated in Pacific Station, a LEED silver certified mixed use project in the heart of downtown Encinitas. Just off of historic Highway 101 and near Moonlight Beach, we bring our creative blend of classic and modern American Cuisine to Coastal North County San DiegoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Solace & The Moonlight Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (41)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (22)special occasion (21)great for lunch (18)good for groups (16)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (12)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- Brunch at SolaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Excellent mimosa's by the carafe. I had the EBLT (eggs, bacon, lettuce, tomato) with avocado -- comes with fries. Excellent! Would get it again. My wife had the scrambled eggs with bacon and toast. She enjoyed it. No room for dessert, but there we many good options. Great customer service! Waitress was very friendly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!!!ConnieDined on 4/19/2014Solace is awesome. This was one of the Best brunches I have ever had. There were three of us and we all traded tastes of each others' meals and we all agreed that everything was YUM!!! And we are very picky. We sat upstairs. The view of Encinitas is lots of fun. The service was just right. Attentive without being too pushy. A hip crowd but still comfortable for a granny. My only suggestion would be to offer something other than pork bacon...like maybe turkey bacon. We don't eat our friend the pig so we were a bit limited as to what we could order. But all in all it was a hit. We can't wait to come back in the evening to try it again. Maybe for vegetarian night!!!!Special Features:
- SDCreoleDined on 4/18/2014I had chosen this restaurant off of Yelp. MISTAKE! The restaurant is very dark once sun went down, the wine list is horrible, the wine we chose was awful so asked the server for another choice, Manager came over and was argumentative! Really?! What happened to anything to make the customer happy? I would stay away from this place, no kidding. The food was good, but unfortunately the experience was so insulting, I'll get my food elsewhere.
- ReillyDined on 4/16/2014This was my third time dining at Solace. I absolutely love this restaurant everything is great food, service, music, and vibe. Will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed that the service staffJaneDined on 4/10/2014Enjoyed that the service staff painted a lovely descriptive picture of the food. They were knowledgeable about it and made wonderful recommendations. We will be back to try more. It was our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy spot for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014I met with friends for brunch & we dined upstairs. The food was very good, an upscale menu & my rosemary, grapefruit vodka cocktail was a delight for 2 out of 3 people. The menus (food, cocktails, wine) were intriguing & we will return to try the dinner menu based on the successful choices we made on the brunch menu. The upstairs is a little noisy but had a view. The downstairs would be less noisy for an evening of conversation. The service was friendly & the servers were knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!SuperDined on 3/29/2014We eaten here multiple times and gets better every time, we love it! Solace has everything you would want in a restaurant: incredible food, amazing service, and great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable nice eveningDavethedinerVIPDined on 3/28/2014We took out of town visitors here - very nice - fun experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and very goodFRESSERDined on 3/24/2014Solace and the moonlight lounge gets it right. They always do a nice job preparing good quality food with very nice ingredients and skillful presentation. The wild salmon dish is exceptional and I highly recommend it. Great FLAVORS Nice plate!The menu is filled with good selections that they deliver on. Very good restaurant and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Enjoyed coming here for ourBccrDined on 3/24/2014Enjoyed coming here for our get together, great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good! Great atmosphereSeasideVIPDined on 3/23/2014Consistently good! Great atmosphere, was a little loud last time. Always a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/23/2014We had a 4 adults, a toddler, and two infants for Sunday brunch. The wait staff was very accommodating, in particular with our toddler which can sometimes be a challenge - which really allowed us to enjoy ourselves. Have been here for dinner in the evening with adults only and had a great experience also. Only downside is that the brunch menu is a little light on the number of entrees to choose from if you don't want breakfast food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Excellent ServiceSDEatsDined on 3/8/2014My husband and I chose Solace for a rare date night as he was in the mood for oysters. We sat on the downstairs patio which was very nice except for the very loud patio heater that kicked in every 10 minutes or so. The appetizers were excellent and that's all we ordered since the entree selection was not very appealing to either of us. We shared 4 appetizers that we really enjoyed. The service was really good. The whole team was all hands on deck to clear plates, bring food, and pick up the check. My only complaints would be the loud heater which kills the ambiance as well as the limited entree selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came to celebrate my daughtersWendyDined on 3/8/2014We came to celebrate my daughters birthday for dinner. First she wanted to seat us next to the kitchen- no way. Then we sat outside which was niceer. Our female server was not friendly and not courteous. We did not feel the vibe to come back.
- Great TimeGLS3VIPDined on 3/8/2014We had such a great time. Service was very good and friendly. My wife's favorite place to eat.Special Features:
- Lunch Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/5/2014As a foodie, this was our kind of lunch! We ate as many starters as possible, beginning with the infused vodkas and oysters and ending with cheese and desserts. Everything was fabulous! Only suggestion would be to add a texture to the scallop crudo dish:) Service was spot on and we will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solace is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2014Great service as usual. The burger is a draw for us...the meat is such high quality and the tomato chutney/jam makes it the best burger in town. We brought a friend from Texas with us...jus to prove w have good beef here too. She declared it the best burger she had ever tasted. So many lovely things n the menu, but we continue to return for this burger. Medium rare...just do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in townGavinVIPDined on 3/3/2014WOW, I was totally surprised here, I was recommended here and had the burger and it was out of this world good, cooked perfectly with just the right amount of everything. I will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solidWalkercrewDined on 3/1/2014Apps, biscuits, drinks, dinner - it was all good. I had tomato soup and bibedge salad then the hanger steak. It's the second time I ordered that steak and I don't regret it. The flavors were so bright and delicious. The s'more dessert wasn't my fave, it was a little difficult to eat and was a little too sweet. (can't believe I'm saying that because I love desserts). We had wonderful service and refills kept coming. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRaddleDined on 3/1/2014The menu offered some great choices based largely on seasonal local items. The menu is not long but offered ample variety and choice. The quality of my sturgeon (the special) was excellent. The wine, beer and cocktail offerings are extensive. The dining room is a little noisy but not too bad. The service was very friendly and attentive. Service was almost too prompt. I rather like to longer over and between courses. Other folks will appreciate the promptness. The bar upstairs was lively and crowded. We didn't go but it looked like fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2014A proper restaurant that adds up to be being a neighborhood lounge. The food especially the vegetarian choices can be improved with some creativity. The Service was marginal. The wine list was fair all adding up to a fair restaurant that takes its place in the list of proper sit down restaurants in North County where the choices for a great night out with friends or a romantic evening is spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch At Solace, EncinitasBtrendyDined on 2/20/2014I enjoyed the feeling of being at Solace-we sat upstairs on the patio overlooking Encinitas.. - I had a fish taco where the shell was fried, -- ?? -- and the fish was very spicy such as it didn't taste like a "fish taco". (I love spicy food, but it just didn't taste that wonderful....) I ordered green tea and the water they used for the tea was run through a coffee maker. I have a very keen sense of taste, (so I could taste that!). When I asked for tea with water that had not been run through a coffee filter, I was told they don't have any other water for hot tea. The server brought me iced tea, no problem, and it tasted very good. I have been there for dinner twice and really enjoyed the food both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2014This restaurant has all the elements for a great dining experience. The atmosphere is vibrant with a bar scene upstairs and traditional dining downstairs. The decor is simply stated and well done. The cocktail and wine menus are varied. The dining menu has great selections and interesting flavors. But when it came down to it, the actual meal itself fell flat. The seasoning was bland, the vegetables were undercooked, the portions were small. I cook a lot at home and I always look forward to having someone else cook for me. I was disappoointed that the salmon I cook at home is tastier than what I was served at Solace and the Moonlight Lounge.Special Features:
- First time at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014First time at this restaurant although driven by many times. Went for birthday Sunday brunch. Selected the restaurant for it's fun brunch menu and adult beverages. What a great place, good was excellent, service was excellent and had a great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this establishmentWestonBoucherDined on 2/14/2014Great design, solid menu, good beer choices, outstanding ambiance/perfect lighting(hardly any restaurant ever gets this right!), nice staff, interesting mixed drink choices, great apps, would love to see them do beer flights, have more on tap, more main entree selections, honeycomb and olives added to the meat/cheese boards and this place would be perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good!cjstudDined on 2/14/2014I really do love this place on a quiet night, but my fiancé and went for Valentine's Day and were disappointed. The table next to us was probably 6" away (not very private), it took them about 15-20 mins for our bottle of wine to come to the table, then I ordered a steak rare and when they put it down they said it was medium-rare which would have been fine but it was really medium to well done. Every other time everything has been absolutely perfect, excellent food but maybe not the right choice for a packed night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and sceneRobertPLDined on 2/14/2014We came here for a Valentine's dinner. Our food was excellent and our server was on top of everything. We loved the music they played too. They have an inspired cocktail menu as well. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantcaddyDined on 2/14/2014This place was great. Servers were wonderful and the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far out food but a fun feel.mamatVIPDined on 2/12/2014The menu could use a few more moderate choices besides the fad items. but overall the food was very good and the service was fine. Really a fantastic burger! Prices are too high to make it a regular weekday choice but show up at happy hour and get a couple deals to save some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California Costal CasualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2014I made a reservation using Yelp as I live in Seattle and needed to punt for a business dinner. It was a perfect match for what we look for in a restaurant. Casual environment, great food, perfect wine and wonderful service. Our guest and my VP left very happy customers.
- Nice surpriseSCBrewDined on 2/9/2014My wife and I met some friends here for dinner before a concert because it was highly rated on yelp. The menu is full of great foodie options. The food was delicious and we almost forgot about our concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef cheeks!ChadDDined on 2/7/2014The beef cheeks tasted like the love child of filet and butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/27/2014Having been to Urban Solace several times I was hoping for a similar experience, but the food was mediocre at best. Sweetbreads were simply put the worst I have ever had. They were rubbery with no seasoning and the rest of the dish was equally bland. Pork belly also unremarkable as was dessert. Dining partners equally disappointed and we will definitely not be returning.
- My husband both ordered theValexDined on 1/26/2014My husband both ordered the quinoa hazelnut burger. The burger was huge but it wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be. The fries were very good. The menu appealed to me & I'd return to try the sweetbreads appetizer, the artisan cheese & meat platter, and other of the vegetarian items. Service was fine. I will return ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSpfuzzyDined on 1/25/2014Again very happy with solace. As a local I love his place for a cocktail or for dinner. Biscuits a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014Everything was simply terrific - from the friendly and informative service to the spectacular food with attention to detail. Can't wait to go back as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Enjoyed the meat and cheese plate. Excellent variety. The cranberry bread with the fig jam and roasted pecans garnish a flair to the meat and cheese plate. Muy sabroso! Thought the dessert menu needed more of a fruit flair, would love to see a fruit tart with creme or some sorbet concoction... Other than that, will come again.Special Features:
- We all had a great time andSandyogaDined on 1/11/2014We all had a great time and the food was excellent. Great for locals too.Special Features:
- Nice birthday for my sonDavethedinerVIPDined on 1/11/2014Food was great and service was very nice - a favorite of ours in EncinitasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance but. . .OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/9/2014The food was nothing special. Steak was very tough (even though the server assured us that it wouldn't be if we ordered it medium rare). Scallop crudo was delicious but TINY portion. Burger tasted very fatty. Nothing really stood out except for the scallops. Also, we were celebrating a special occasion but nobody except for the woman who confirmed my reservation on the phone acknowledged it. A dessert would have been nice, if not for at least an acknowledgement of the special occasion from the wait staff.