M & S Grill - Reston
11901 Democracy Drive
Reston, VA 20190Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
M & S Grill - Reston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mandsgrill.com/
- Phone: 7037877766x
- Hours of Operation:
*Now serving Brunch on Sundays 10:00AM-2:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ruchchai Komol
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Salsa Lessons Sunday nights starting at 6 pm.
Salsa Lessons Sunday nights starting at 6:00 pm
- Cross Street: Library St.
- Public Transit: Reston Town Center - Fairfax Connector.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Free Parking is available within the Reston Town Center. The newest and closest parking garage can be entered from the corner of Bluemont Way & Library Street across from Big Bowl.
A word from M & S Grill - Reston
Located minutes from Dulles Airport and right off the Toll Road in Reston Town Center, M & S Grill brings the classic American grill experience to Reston, VA and northern Virginia's high-tech corridor.Continued
Check out our Famous Bar Food menu available Daily from 4:00pm-7:00pm
Check out our Famous Bar Food menu available Daily from 4:00pm-7:00pm
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M & S Grill - Reston reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best Happy Hourjmcguire64Dined on 1/25/2014If you're at or near Reston Town Center and want a great value hit M & S Grill for Happy Hour!Special Features:
- My reviewMikeDined on 1/18/2014Great customer service, average food which is overpriced. Ordered the M&S Mixed Grill: asked for medium steak tips, got close to well done. Salmon was good, but portion was very small. Only got 3 little shrimps. Ordered a side order of fries: were somewhat stale and not that tasty. I think the best part of the meal was the bread.
- Great waiter named Jeff. GoodDinerVIPDined on 1/14/2014Great waiter named Jeff. Good food and a decent sized drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair at best and overpricedDanDDined on 1/10/2014Soup, a strip NY sirloin that was more like skirt stake and a drink came to $90. Hive me a break!
- OK Food, Terrible ServiceBigEdDined on 12/31/2013We ate here on New Year's Eve, so maybe our bad experience was atypical. First, we were seated in front of a loud musician. While music tastes are subjective, we could barely have a conversation over the noise. As for the service, I wish our waitress had just told us she had just started (we confirmed with another server while leaving that she was new.) It was comical after a while. Wine took 20 minutes to arrive, waitress didn't know how to use a corkscrew, we asked twice if we could order and instead she kept coming to our table to fill waters. Had to aske teice for a fourth place setting. A "BLT" salad inexplicably came with no bacon, one mid-well steak came mid-rare. Other servers kept coming by with food and wine we hadn't oredered.Special Features:
- New Years EvekevamyDined on 12/31/2013Pleasantly surprised at how good the food and service actually was. We have been fans of McCormick and Schmicks seafood restaurant for the past 10 years and never thought M&S grill could be as good, we were wrong. The M&S grill was terrific and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the evening.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve DiningBubbaDined on 12/31/2013We were somewhat surprised to get a last minute reservation on New Year's Eve but even more surprised at how excellent the service was from our waiter to the floor manager. Service was supreme! Top that off with excellent food from the soup through to the dessert and we ended up with an excellent evening. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!historylover76Dined on 12/31/2013We arrived at 5:30pm, due to no available reservations later. The restaurant was mostly empty (new year's eve). But we were rushed through the entire meal. We literally were in and out in 30 minutes but that was because the waitress couldn't wait to get us to choose something and get out. She asked us what we wanted to drink about 5 times in the first 8 minutes. We had not finished the appetizer, which was served with no plates, and she brought us dinner. It got cold before we could eat it. She whisked away the wine glasses and bread plates before we could blink. The food was not very good either. We won't be going back there- ever.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013We were a party of the three for Christmas dinner. .. We started with the Nachos app, each had steaks cooked to a perfect medium-rare, and my favorite part the desserts. The Chocolate Bag, Bananas Foster, and Cappacinos were amazing....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food yummy & service outstandingbestill4610Dined on 12/25/2013I was happy to find a steakhouse open for Christmas dinner! My steak came a bit overcooked for medium and they immediately offered to redo it or give me a free desert. It still tasted wonderful even though it was slightly overdone so I went with the free desert! The waiter (Will) couldn't have been more attentive or nicer. My friend's meal was cooked perfect and sooo yummy. :) They originally sat us by the front door and whenever it opened, there was a cold breeze. We luckily were able to move tables. The original room by the front door had a nice ambience but a cold breeze. We ended up sitting tucked away in a small aisle and really didn't see much of the backroom or kitchen but no cold breeze and we were happy. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yikes!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2013Steaks were good. That's it, all else was ghastly. Even the steaks had been sitting too long before they were served, as they were barely warm when they arrived at our table. The quality of the meat was very good, however. Ambiance was loud and crowded and way too bright with extra empty tables stacked by the bar. Messy, with too much overhead lighting to emphasize the shortcomings. Service was terrible. We had to ask for everything, sometimes more than once. And BTW, the noise level was a lot more than "energetic", although it appears that is the most unfavorable critique one can offer. We will not be making a return visit.
- Christmas DinnerTammyDined on 12/25/2013We had reservations for Christmas dinner at 4:00. The wait was not long before we were seated, and the server was very responsive to our table's needs. This is the first time in 20+ years that we have gone out for dinner on Christmas Day, and the dinner was enjoyable. I would definitely go to M&S Grille again and recommend it to my friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and management problemsFoodieFirstDined on 12/24/2013Arrived on time for our reservation Christmas Eve and were told it would be "about 5 minutes" to be seated because "the kitchen needed to catch up". There were empty tables but a lot of people waiting in the bar -- they did not comp drinks during the more than 1/2 hour wait. Table not set for the correct number of people and needed to ask for set-up-- which arrived one item at a time. Once seated service was okay, but lacked professionalism. For instance at one point we were told "it won't be long more than half your order is already up"....not too reassuring because more than half the order arrived cold. Recent visits here have shown they have slipped seriously and are no longer the service and top food oriented M&S Grill we once knew.
- Christmas EveBillDined on 12/24/2013Had reservations and were seated promptly. The first booth was next to the kitchen, but we were moved promptly when we requested. Filet Mignon was grossly undercooked and sent back to the kitchen. Once returned, the sides were stone cold. New sides were brought out but only after it was pointed out by us. Overall, the floor staff tried very hard and the maitre'd was tremendous. I sense the kitchen was understaffed for Christmas Eve as it took a long time to get the food out. I would go back again, just not for a special occasion.
- Great spot in Reston a Town CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2013We had a family gathering of 12 people including my mother who we wheeled over from Sunrise. We made reservations a day in advance. Service was fantastic, very prompt and food was great! Not very crowded for lunch and we could hear each other talk which was great for our mother!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceVictorDined on 12/21/2013We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary. However, the service was very bad by the following reasons: 1. We were put in a very noisy part of the restaurant when the rest of the restaurant was half empty. 2. The server was busy attending other tables while other servers were idling chatting by the server station. 3. Taking our orders felt as if we were in a burger joint where you look over the menu above the kitchen. The server never went thru the specials, just pulling the pad to take the order. 4. The order was wrong, forgetting to bring appetizers until they brought the food. 5. Because of the delay of the appetizers, the kitchen tried to hold the food, making it worse. Bottom line: High price food/Bad service is not worth the time
- DisappointedsassuDined on 12/21/2013The service was slow and they messed up my order. Some of the food was very good but the burger was mediocre.
- The reservation system wasDellDined on 12/19/2013The reservation system was so easy and very nice to have something work first time I use it. Sending invites and outlook calendar updates from the site was fantastic! I even updated and it worked great. I got a call to confirm just before and that was great. The food was good and everyone enjoyed lunch. The only thing that was different was that there was no bread on the table but Kristin fixed that quickly when we asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding.EratemDined on 12/18/2013Food was perfect. Service was slow as they were overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office partySmb323Dined on 12/17/2013Six of us met here for our office party. The servers were friendly & quick and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not up to parDisappointedOneDined on 12/15/2013We went her to celebrate my birthday. Great service, great ambience, poor, poor food. Everything came out on piping hot plates, but those were the only things that were hot. Every single item of our meal were cold. My son even had to ask the waiter to heat up his mashed potatoes, which the waiter graciously offered to bring out another side of "hot" potatoes. Unfortunately, when it came out, it was lukewarm. The portions of the sides needs to be better. Other steak houses err on the side of larger rather than smaller, but here it's all small. The three small sprigs of broccoli, that came with my steak made us all laugh. Coming there with such high expectations, the meals were very such a let down.
- Very GoodNovaMonkiesVIPDined on 12/13/2013My husband and 2 elementary school-aged boys eat here often enough. Food, service and ambiance is good; we enjoy it. There is a kids menu and crayons.you can draw on paper spread over the table. Wine selection is good.Special Features:
- Food great, service notDinneroutDined on 12/7/2013We were placed at a table in the middle of the traffic pattern. Then while getting settled and removing coats we were asked for drinks. During the meal we had to get up and ask for refills from another server and butter for rolls three times. The restaurant was empty and now I know why. The food was good but service was not. And it was not of lack of servers because there were many standing and socializing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT SO GOODChevalierVIPDined on 12/5/2013M&S grill it's NOT what it used to be ! Service is GOOD!! The food it's JUST OK! The Parmesan crusted flounder it's taste and smell vegetable oil and crust it's probably less parmasen cheese and more other unknown things !!
- Team LuncheonHRMgrRockvilleDined on 12/4/2013Server Matthew took great care of large table for business luncheon. Food great, order was spot on, everything was timely . I would recommend for lunch for business if you are looking for a great Town Center eatery. Right in front of the ice rink too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our son's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2013Celebrated our son's birthday and we tried the chef's specials. Both choices were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our servers name was Josh-LovegreatfoodVIPDined on 11/30/2013Our servers name was Josh- only his third day on the job and he was great! Very attentive, great sense of humor, and just simply awesome! We even told the Manager Ryan how great he is. We love this restaurant. Service is prompt, food is great , and staff is friendly. It is our regular date night location in the town center :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving!anneharVIPDined on 11/28/2013Our family went to dine on Thanksgiving. Everything was spot on - from the wonderfully executed food to the exceptional service. We would definitely recommend for everyday AND Holiday dining. You can tell the staff is a true family there & they treat their customers like family as well!Special Features:
- Hidden GemKipnCandiDined on 11/23/2013I love attending M&S Grill as a family and couple. It's in a great location, very clean and trendy in appearance, food options and quality are terrific, and wait staff are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryMitchVIPDined on 11/20/2013You must try their crab soup. It is tomato/veg based so it isn't heavy. It features 3 oz of lump crab meat which makes it hearty and delicious. A real treat on a cold, blustery day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans meal at M and SOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2013The food and the service was awesome!!! I've always like M ans S grill. It is the best and the service is top notchSpecial Features:
- This is my first time at M&SOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2013This is my first time at M&S Grill, as I normally go across the street. It was a lot more comfortable, for when one doesn't want to be so stuffy. I will definitely return and send some of my folks over for business functions and the like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meals were delicious andLisaBDined on 11/10/2013Our meals were delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veterans DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2013Thank you so much for your support to us Vets. This is my second year - and I could not be happier with your wait staff, food quality and management support. Excellent restraunt and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veteran's Day Appreciation1golfdudeDined on 11/10/2013I love this place for it's friendly atmosphere. The greeting is cheerful and we were seated within minutes of our reservation. My wife had the seafood platter and I had bee medallions. Both meals were delivered in less time than expected and food temperature was very good. I enjoyed a glass of Merlot and she had a lemon drop martini. The room was relatively full of patrons but the noise level was low for table conversation. The manager came by and greeted us and inquired about our meal. Service was great and I would definitely recommend this location to my friends and business associates. A great night of dining.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!tjperraultDined on 11/10/2013I have been to M&S a number of times and remain a committed customer! Of significance was the excellent service provided by the entire team. As a veteran, it was an honor to be received with sincere THANKS!Special Features:
- Fine Evening.happycamperDined on 11/10/2013Great location. Comfortable atmosphere. The server was very helpful and moved me to the bar so I could better see the game. The Steak medallions were succulent and the hush puppies may be the best this southerner has had north of Tenn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, better service!cwr3Dined on 11/9/2013This was our first time to the restaurant and were quickly taken to our table and started looking over the menu. We chose the scallops (highly recommended) and salads. Further, a wine recommendation was terrific. Lastly, the manager stopped by and spoke to us for a while which we always enjoy. The restaurant is tastefully decorated, has a good selection of main entrees and good wine list. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good serviceAnd324Dined on 11/6/2013Took a group of 10 co-workers for dinner. Staff did a great job. Food was good to excellent according to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...FoodisusDined on 10/26/2013The food was very good but I don't feel that it is a good value compared to the other restaurants in the area.