157 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piccolos157.com/
- Phone: 5087541057
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Lounge Open Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John Piccolo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Limited entertainment
A word from Piccolo's
A unique destination for Worcester's movers and shakers, Piccolo's has become the place to go for great Italian cuisine, a glass of good wine and an eclectic social mix not found elsewhere on Shrewsbury Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Piccolo's - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
Piccolo's reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (7)romantic (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- This is a fantastic littleDougDined on 12/31/2012This is a fantastic little neighborhood Italian restaurant. I had the fettuccine. Pasta was cooked perfectly and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- satisfied foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The food was amazing! The garlic bread with gorgonzola cheese sauce was so addicting. When my boyfriend and I first saw the platter we did not think we would finish it but we devoured the whole thing. The insalata bel mundo was perfect and fresh and had the right amount of dressing and was perfectly portioned. The scallops in bacon were cooked supurbly. Our entrees were also amazing. I got the the chicken risotto anf my boyfriend got essentially what was chicken parm and there was not a bite left at the end of our dinner. Dessert was mediocre. It would have been nice to have a tiramisu or creme brule but we still ate our snickers cheesecake in its entirety. The wine selection was also great. Great overall experience.Special Features:
- Very good food. The tablesSteakDined on 12/31/2012Very good food. The tables are too small for two people! Make do with one less table and get bigger furniture!Special Features:
- Our table was very small.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Our table was very small. The food was excellent and our waitress was great. We were headed for a show at the Hanover so she made sure our meals were out quickly.
- Great meals, all three ofDonWDined on 11/28/2012Great meals, all three of us got something different and were very happy with our selections.Special Features:
- Still the best food in Worcester.DougVIPDined on 11/2/2012Still the best food in Worcester. Kristen is a gem! Our favorite!Special Features:
- This was my first and definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2012This was my first and definitely not my last visit to Piccolo's. Everything was A+++ from the decor to the service to the food to the wine list. Piccolo's accommodated my request thru Open Table for a table of 8 with a view of Shrewsbury Street. Perfect. The night my group was there the Italian Serenders were there. What a treat!Special Features:
- A few deficiencies...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2012We've been to Piccolo's before. The Chef was very accommodating to one of our party who have various food allergies. However, the food on this occasion was less good. While one of our party's muscles were OUTSTANDING in preparation, the Salmon with a lemon sauce was much too heavy on the lemon. It overpowered the delicate salmon. Another party had the lasagna. While the sausage used was a nice, different touch. Again, it was too heavy handed necessitating a late night round of TUMS. As for the chicken with eggplant--the chicken was burned on the underside spreading a 'burn flavor' through the delicate dish. We ordered the Polka Dot Riesling which proved refreshing and a great pairing with our dinners. So. Will we return? ProbablySpecial Features:
- Picollo's is a charming localOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Picollo's is a charming local restaurant, serving creative Italian fare. I found the marinara sauce to be way too firey for my taste. The rest of the party enjoyed their choices, however. Sadly we were totally unable to carry on any conversation as the room was extremely noisey. There is nothing to dampen the sound in the mahogany lined dining room, not even a table cloth. With so many other choices in the area, we won't be returning.Special Features:
- I though the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012I though the food and service was outstanding. Just one little thing, you need to pipe some romatic italian music. Then it would be very romantic. The talking was a little to loud. But, we still loved the food and the service was awsome. I love the bread and olive oil to dip it in.yummy! Thankyou so much for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- We loved Piccolo's. This wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2012We loved Piccolo's. This was our second time there and we brought company who as enjoyed it. Homemade Italian food and Frank Sinatra background music. It is a win-win Try the Ravioli 157 it is amazing!!!!Special Features:
- The service and food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012The service and food was excellent. This was our first time there and we will be back.Special Features:
- We went on a Sunday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012We went on a Sunday night (Labor Day Weekend) at 7:00pm. The food was excellent and plentiful! The prices were more than reasonable and the service was fast and friendly! I would definitely recommend!
- I haven't been here in aboutburner416Dined on 8/18/2012I haven't been here in about four years. Unfortunately it was not as good as I remembered. The food was just OK and the portion sizes are way too big. It's no wonder America is getting fatter.
- It was very busy and understaffed.andrewDined on 8/11/2012It was very busy and understaffed. The noise level was unbearable. Poor management. We will not return. AndySpecial Features:
- where was dino!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Maybe it was too early came right at 5. the review i read in paper boasts Dean martin singing thru your meal...not a big deal but my friends and i were laughing about it, we get there and Dino isnt there. one waitress said sorry, nope we only have radio, what? another waitress oh yes, puts on the music so its frankie.. thats ok. regardless food was amazing. thats the bottom line. my drink cosmo....didnt hit the spot.Special Features:
- Above Average The food wasNicoleVIPDined on 8/3/2012Above Average The food was great, tasty, and as described on the menu Average Ambiance is about the same as the other restaurants in the area. Below Average The kitchen (or our server) was slow The server was slow in appearing when we needed her. Why does everything disappear for 5-10 minutes at a time? Once you've got the food down, its all about service. They have the food down, but have service issues.
- At the very start parkingJPSPATHVIPDined on 7/27/2012At the very start parking is difficult, streets are posted "resident only" and there is no valet service. Entrance is thru the non welcoming bar. The building is old and darkish. Service was a little slow and sevarl waitresseslooked like biker chicks. However, the drinks were excellent and the food was as good as it gets. We enjoyed a very flavorful veal marsala and an excellent Portuguese linguine dish. Portions were so plentiful we did not order dessert. There was also a family dining that were very loud but assuming they are not "fixtures" at the restaurant the noise would not be expected to be an issue. Overall the food is worth putting up with the drawbacks.Special Features:
- Food was amazing.. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Food was amazing.. Service was less than desirable.. I was jealous watching the other two servers spoil other patrons and we went our entire meal without even seeing her needless to say we were never asked how our food was and our drinks went dry.. A second waitress picked up on our lack of service and did expedite our check as we were waiting... Sad thing is I'm usually a 30-40% tipper when I received great service especially celebrating with my wife for our 10th anniversary...Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012Excellent food and service. Would recommend (and have) in a heartbeat. Check it out!Special Features:
- so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012Prices are a bit high. Our bread was stale and service was a bit slow. There was really no one else in the restaurant. The dinners were good, I think everyone in the party was happy with their meals. Drinks were very small. Not sure if I'd go back anytime soon. In my opinion, not a very good value.
- three out of four dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012three out of four dinners were good, the veal parmigian was over cooked, very tough, did not finish the meal. They did take it off the bill when they were told about it.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We thought that the Mother's Day menu would be extremely limited but it was not. Fantastic food and good service. They did not rush us to order our entrees and it was relaxing but a little noisy.Special Features:
- Though the food was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Though the food was delicious, and one of our waitresses had a polished manner, there was absolutely NO AMBIANCE. We were a party of 5 and were seated in the middle of a very small dining room, about three feet from the front door and the bar. The door was left open and the traffic noise was very distracting. Another unwelcome surprise was the fact that the restaurant's online menu prices did not match the actual prices. Each entree item was approximately $4 to $5 more expensive than what was quoted online. None of our party had a salad or an appetizer, 2 of us had a glass of sparkling wine, 3 of us had desserts and one had decaf coffee. With a 15% tip, the bill was almost $200. I am afraid I will not be going back to Piccolo's.
- They did a great job servingGramadgeDined on 5/9/2012They did a great job serving us and getting us to the theater on time.Special Features:
- The food was good, with manyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2012The food was good, with many good choices on the menu. The service was also friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- We will go back. This wasReneeDined on 5/4/2012We will go back. This was our first visit. We liked their red sauce.Many interesting dishes are on the menu.Special Features:
- I had heard lots of greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012I had heard lots of great things about Piccolo's so finally got to try it out myself....The food was really amazing -- some of the best Italian that I've had. The service was really top of the line. Very attentive staff that wanted to ensure we had a great experience. This is the type of service you want at every restaurant you go to! I will definitely be back again.
- The food at Piccolo's is AMAZING.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012The food at Piccolo's is AMAZING. The noise level was a bit high, but the dining room was well lit, attractive and cozy; the servers very attentive and friendly; and the food (again) was spectacular. Everyone at my table thoroughly enjoyed the agnolotti carciofini, paglia e fieno, pollo fortunato and cozze e vongole. The only thing left to be desired is draught beer and a more extensive mixed drinks menu, but the wine list is prolific and not too expensive. I will definitely come back when I have something to celebrate!Special Features:
- Fabulous food at Piccolo's!TheaterGoerDined on 3/11/2012Dinner at Piccolo's was fantastic. They have recently opened on Sundays, so it was very quiet when we went. Hopefully more people will come on Sundays! The food was outstanding and our service was impeccable.Special Features:
- The waitress was very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The waitress was very attentive. One dish was sent back due to sausage spiciness which made the tomato sauce spicy as well. The next dish came out promptly and was delicious. Other than the spicy dish, (a personal choice) everything was delicious,including the salad.Special Features:
- Food and service were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2012Food and service were great. Atmosphere was a little loud due to a large party behind us. Parking in that area is tight but were able to park in the nearby ReMax lot with a permit from the restaurant.
- Try the "flan"!GeriannbDined on 2/18/2012Had dinner Sat night. Reservations at 6:30. Good thing----full by 7:30.Good food; great service. Best Cuban flan EVER,Special Features:
- Best Italian restaurant inPatSDined on 2/14/2012Best Italian restaurant in Worcester. Food, Service, and Atmosphere is outstanding.Special Features:
- Valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/11/2012One of my favorite restaurants. Busy Saturday before Valentines, yet service and food were as good as always. Of course it didn't hurt that our reservation was for for 6:30 and we had our pick of a nice quiet table. Love Piccolos.Special Features:
- Service was very good. VertandrewDined on 2/4/2012Service was very good. Vert sincere concern for the customers. Food was outstanding. We vwill be back! This is a gem!Special Features:
- Very friendly and helpfulGramadgeDined on 2/2/2012Very friendly and helpful waitress. Great food and a nice wine. Thanks for helping us get to the theater on time.Special Features:
- Glad we finally tried Piccolo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/28/2012We had wanted to try Piccolo's for some time due to positive reviews from friends. Finally visited on Sat night. Made reservation on-line earlier in the day, out table was waiting as promised. Wait staff was fantastic. They were constantly on the go in the small dining room, but always had time to stop and replace drinks, grate parmesan, fresh pepper, see how things were doing, etc. We both had salads (main menu), very good, and tried the pork medalian parmesan (special), fantastic. Cheesecake was also quite good. Price was reasonable, and we finished with plenty of time to make our show at the Hanover. Will definitely return. Only caution is that the dining room is loud, so not ideal for a romantic outing. Otherwise enjoy.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012Food was excellent, waitress was great, very helpful and friendly.
- Great food. It was a grewatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Great food. It was a grewat night and we will be back!!!!Special Features: